Switch FM18 - Defend Against Wide

I am conceding goals from wide attackers almost all the matches.

Example:

- Mo Salah once he get the ball at the wide area, he crossed to far post then someone finish. (Vice Versa both flanks)

This happens no matter which team I fight with

or

Which ever formation I use in the game

If I instruct FB to mark wide attacker, the opponent FB will cross from deep > same goal again.

Is this bug or what?

When is this happening in the game? Are you being caught on the break or are you defending narrow and compact. Also, how good are your defenders?

If it is getting caught on the break, the simple answer is to be more conservative - especially on the flank that you are experiencing problems on. If it is all the time, then it is difficult to diagnose without further info.

Mainly while defending.

Not much during counter attack.

All my CD & DM will be in the box.

While my FB mark the wide player in the box, the other FB marked the crosser.

Still with 4-5 men in the box, the cross always arrive at the far post and that 1 attacker in the box will score for sure.

Problem is this happens in both lower & upper league team matches.

The only reason I'm asking is that it happens only in Switch.

I tried running the same tactics in both PC & Switch the same time, every save file only the Switch have tis problem.

What are your FB’s marking and concentration attributes? 

You could aslo try defending higher up the pitch and/or closing down more to engage wide players further up to prevent these situations developing as frequently.

On 16/05/2018 at 15:18, d27K said:

I am conceding goals from wide attackers almost all the matches.

Example:

- Mo Salah once he get the ball at the wide area, he crossed to far post then someone finish. (Vice Versa both flanks)

This happens no matter which team I fight with

or

Which ever formation I use in the game

If I instruct FB to mark wide attacker, the opponent FB will cross from deep > same goal again.

Is this bug or what?

This only happens to me if I chose the wrong roles and duties and if I have not observed my own defensive line weaknesses in a game. So I don't really suffer from this issue. So its most likely something you are doing wrong tactically. Its not a bug. And without more information, thats probably the kind of response you are likely to get.

I'm currently playing with a back 3 with 2 wingbacks so I'm naturally weak down the flanks but 10 games in and I've conceded the least amount of goals in the league although I haven't scored a great deal but I'm doing okay. How I set myself up defensively though is by checking out the opposition wide men if they are in the AMl/r slot consider having a FB or WB either on defend or support duty. Because I play with just one WB on either side I insist on easy tackling unless my WB has superb tackling so I don't overcommit my players and give them an easy cross. Also I think you should monitor the amount of space their wingers have, perhaps adjust the defensive line or player positions so you have players there to cover. Check out the opposition's wide mens Accel and pace and match them with equal calibre players of your own. Make sure they have good positioning also.

On 21/05/2018 at 21:54, Kuchiki said:

I'm currently playing with a back 3 with 2 wingbacks so I'm naturally weak down the flanks but 10 games in and I've conceded the least amount of goals in the league although I haven't scored a great deal but I'm doing okay. How I set myself up defensively though is by checking out the opposition wide men if they are in the AMl/r slot consider having a FB or WB either on defend or support duty. Because I play with just one WB on either side I insist on easy tackling unless my WB has superb tackling so I don't overcommit my players and give them an easy cross. Also I think you should monitor the amount of space their wingers have, perhaps adjust the defensive line or player positions so you have players there to cover. Check out the opposition's wide mens Accel and pace and match them with equal calibre players of your own. Make sure they have good positioning also.

Feel free to disregard my advice as I've just been hammered 6-2 with there right winger picking up 3 assists...I still need to work on my back 3 formation.

9 hours ago, Kuchiki said:

Feel free to disregard my advice as I've just been hammered 6-2 with there right winger picking up 3 assists...I still need to work on my back 3 formation.

Hahahaha...it happens

I tried a trick and it kinda work so far~

I always start with FB (S) then if the wingers are performing very well, I will switch to (D) on that side.

Seems to reduce the attacking on that side

Archived