Option to man-mark opposition keeper no longer available

Hi,

I've noticed that the option to man-mark the opposition keeper is no longer available?

I don't know when this first occurred but I loaded a new game recently so I assume it's happened after a recent update?

I definitely used this tactic previously and not imagining it or wasn't on an old FM! 

Why was this taken out? 

In my XP it didn't really work. The option was there but had results that imitated anything like what you hope.

I wish they would let you put a player near the goalkeeper to put them off their distribution like you see a lot of teams do in real life against keepers with poor distribution or composure. It's viewed as unsportsmanlike but totally within the rules.

50 minutes ago, permanentquandary said:

In my XP it didn't really work. The option was there but had results that imitated anything like what you hope.

I wish they would let you put a player near the goalkeeper to put them off their distribution like you see a lot of teams do in real life against keepers with poor distribution or composure. It's viewed as unsportsmanlike but totally within the rules.

I mean you could use OIs and max closing down on your forwards if you want to get close to that

• 2 weeks later...

Archived