Sessegnon - is he any good on FM 18

zambian

I used him as a LWB for Spurs. He played a fair chunk of games but didn't fulfil his potential. He only became a 'good player' at three star ability so when Man City put in a £40m bid I had no hesitation.

However, I'm sure he would progress a lot better as a left winger, playing more games.

In my 3rd Season with him, his overall stats aren't great but his stats related to his role (Winger) get pretty good.  Would say he's a good player for a lower Premiership team and will probably develop along with the club, may end up being 2nd choice in a few years but could also be retrained as an attacking Full / Wing back.

That maybe where he would have most potential, as an attacking Wing back.  Would have to re-look at his stats to be sure on that point.

I'd sign him again and would say for the price you can get him for he'd be worth it.  He's still got development to come for me so hard to say how good he will get.

On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎04 at 06:21, jere_d said:

He's rubbish compared to real life. A poor downgrade compared to the beginning of fm17. This is rediculous since other young players who dont play much first team football have higher pa ratings.

Genuinely curious... rubbish in what way? He isn't a poor player by any means. He's amongst the most developed players for his age in the game. There is only a handful of players who are 16/17 and start with a higher CA.

As for potential....

Spoiler

He's a -8. Which of course means that its a bit luck of the draw. But unless he gets stuck with a potential on the low end of the possibilities, he has room to grow. He should get better. If he gets PA near the top end of that, his age and development level means he should hit 145-150 CA. That's a VERY GOOD player, attribute distribution dependent. Its not a generational talent level, but I haven't seen too many scouts touting him as that. You are right that there are other young players who have played less with better potential, but very few of them have the starting CA that he does. Meaning that its a crapshoot if they manage to fulfill that potential regardless.

You can find screenshots of "fully developed" Sessegnon a few years into the game. He hardly looks rubbish.

He developed to here by the AI in my game. Solid player but not a wonderkid.

(Hidden stats in bottom right)

Spoiler

5a78c8b1c621d_RyanSessegnon_OverviewProfile-2.thumb.png.b67a6c11bcc3dd65bff64236ad26929e.png

Ive a couple of saves around 2020-2022 i'll get some more screenshots from those see how he shapes up in comparison

@Bigpapa42 

All the saves I've played he's generally only been developed into an decent premiership player for a player who's scoring goals in the championship before he even left school i think he should definitely be wonderkid. Since the beginning of fm 17 his ability barely gets him to the premiership in each of my saves I've even seen his brother develop better than him in a couple saves. And since england youth internationals have won a couple trophies this summer, i find the retardation of most young english players as wrong and unjust.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived