llama3

What is your playing style?

12 posts in this topic

Nice and simple really, what kind of football do you like your teams to play? An attractive, passing style? A Mixed style? A tough, rough style?

When I'm in possession of the ball, get it forward and get it forward quickly but with style, a-la Man Utd.

When I'm not in possession, win the ball back at all costs no matter what, a-la Bolton!

I played a normal 4-4-2 diamond that wa sa bit wide, but now I have a clear style of team I've changed it to 4-3-1-2 and play a bit of a slower passing style with attackign wingers, and, depending on the strikers, can play one more defensively/off the other. We're still dangerous with long balls though.

Personally I don't really care if I dominate posession or only got 30%, if I play beautiful football or if it looks horrible, as long as I am successful. As a manager my objective has to be successful, once that is accomplished, I can look into the other issues (then again, why bother when things work out).

But on the other hand I have to say that most effective tactics I have used so far also create really beautiful combinations and goals, so maybe they just go hand in hand.

I like to sit back and attack on the break like Holland did so well a few months ago.

attractive attacking football with high possesion % and lots of goals :D

Worked well on FM08- will try and develop something similar on 09

I like to play my balanced formation 4-2-3-1 with an attractive passing style,the full backs providing the width with 3 attacking midfielders who can interchange and support the lone striker,In midfield I look for 2 good passers with at least one having a high tackling attribute.

I usually go for an attractive yet determined style of play, but in my latest save with Everton the team plays the most dire, horrible football you can imagine :D 1-0's all the way.

When i was Braga ( don't know why!) i played short passing, quick tempo and very, very attacking! I did concede at least one a game, but who cares when you win 8-1! :D