Amateur club questions

Ok, I drew a random team from a hat and ended up with Hillerod, an amateur club from the Danish third division. A few questions for those that have managed an amateur club in FM18.

1. When a club approaches your players and the offer is automatically accepted, is there any way to 'interact' with the player and attempt to persuade him to stay? 

2. I have a 16 year old that joined before the season as a Free Agent and he has the looks of being a star. He's off to a great start to the season and it's inevitable that he'll be poached and go on to better things, but my question is will I be compensated on ALL future transfers of his career ( I think they're called solidarity payments)? Or will I get nothing since there will not be any transfer fee involved since he's on an amateur contract? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

You can offer them a new contract, even though it is an amateur one for no money. I've had success with this. But only because they loved playing for the club, and were supporters of the club. If they are ambitious they will leave for money. Nothing you can do.

As for the second one, no idea. I've never stuck around an amateur club for more than a couple seasons.

24 minutes ago, oulzac said:

You can offer them a new contract, even though it is an amateur one for no money. I've had success with this. But only because they loved playing for the club, and were supporters of the club. If they are ambitious they will leave for money. Nothing you can do.

As for the second one, no idea. I've never stuck around an amateur club for more than a couple seasons.

Thanks @oulzac

I'll pose one more question to you. Are amateur players still subjected to Transfer Window rules? Since they're not pro's, can they be lured away at ANY time, or only during a transfer window?

5 minutes ago, PVAMU FC said:

Thanks @oulzac

I'll pose one more question to you. Are amateur players still subjected to Transfer Window rules? Since they're not pro's, can they be lured away at ANY time, or only during a transfer window?

They are not. They can be poached from you at any time. Signing someone to a paid club from an amateur counts as a free signing for them. So there are no rules when they can be signed. And since you are amateur, transfer windows don't apply to you. You can sign or release anyone at any time since there is no money involved.

2 hours ago, PVAMU FC said:

Ok, I drew a random team from a hat and ended up with Hillerod, an amateur club from the Danish third division. A few questions for those that have managed an amateur club in FM18.

1. When a club approaches your players and the offer is automatically accepted, is there any way to 'interact' with the player and attempt to persuade him to stay? 

2. I have a 16 year old that joined before the season as a Free Agent and he has the looks of being a star. He's off to a great start to the season and it's inevitable that he'll be poached and go on to better things, but my question is will I be compensated on ALL future transfers of his career ( I think they're called solidarity payments)? Or will I get nothing since there will not be any transfer fee involved since he's on an amateur contract? Hope that makes sense.

Thanks!

I'm not 100% but sometimes amateur clubs can sign players to part time contracts.

Might be worth having a look with the 16yo as his wage demands will be really low and would then subject him to transfer rules.

14 hours ago, PVAMU FC said:

Thanks!

2. You will ONLY get solidarity payments if he gets sold to a club in another country.

Example:

Player is poached by Odense (OB) in the Danish Superliga. You get nothing (obviously).

He is then sold to FC Copenhagen. You get nothing.

He is then sold to Twente in Netherlands. You get compensation. I can't remember the percentages, but I think it is 10 or 15% of the transfer fee.

He is then sold to Ajax Amsterdam. You get nothing.

He is then sold back to Odense in Denmark. You get compensation.

Edit: Oh And I think the payments have to be split between clubs where he was trained as a youth, based on how long he was at the club

• 1 month later...

An update question to this thread. Had a great season and got a few job offers. In each of the interviews, I was posed a question about why I was having trouble handling finances.

Bear in mind, Hillerod is an amateur club, so every signing I made was a free transfer and I had SEVERAL to round out the roster and get depth.

Are these signings seen as a "negative" in the eyes of finances? I went into my coaching profile and I have a score of 19% in "Managing Finances".

Thanks!

One point - assuming the other cubs in your division are also amateur, what's sauce for the goose is sauce from the gander. I usually have a strong second half of the season because my rivals' best players get poached by bigger clubs. I have an advantage over my AI rivals because I can interact with my players and persuade some to stay.

On 1/4/2018 at 13:58, PVAMU FC said:

An update question to this thread. Had a great season and got a few job offers. In each of the interviews, I was posed a question about why I was having trouble handling finances.

Bear in mind, Hillerod is an amateur club, so every signing I made was a free transfer and I had SEVERAL to round out the roster and get depth.

Are these signings seen as a "negative" in the eyes of finances? I went into my coaching profile and I have a score of 19% in "Managing Finances".

Thanks!

Signing players to amateur contracts has no negative affect with respect to finances.  If I remember correctly, when I managed amateur clubs my manager's finance rating remained at a consistent 50% because I had no control over it.  But that may also be why your interview question was stated that way - they just see a 50% rating and think that it is not so great.  Although, finances may be affected by requesting better facilities, scouting range, etc. and those are probably all going to be negative if your club isn't making enough money.

Its a weird mentality when you have an amateur side. You can sort of hoover up the best 10 strikers available to clubs in your league, if he works out great, if he gets upset release him.

Theres just no penalty for having loads of players almost to the point of limiting the competition having anyone good to chose from.

Archived