?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Link to tactic : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1136417741

I have been managing Ajax and won 6 trophies in 2 years without good transfers+x2 finals in Europa League. I recommend you to use this tactic with a mid/top team but works good even with lower teams(i tried). This tactic provides a lot of shots on target,good possession(53-60%) and also good stats for all the players...you score a lot of goals and they score once at 3-4 matches.My tactic works good with all types of teams.I beat Barcelona 9-2,Dortmund 5-0,Redbull Salzburg 9-1 and a lot of good results.
Make sure to follow team instructions. The team needs to get familiar with the tactic before it starts working at 100%.
DON'T forget to read the tips. 

I suggest you to have 2 good wingers(attack) on the left and right.You will need a good midfielder(roaming playmaker-support) The fullbacks and wingers will be important getting a lot of assists so make sure you have a good pairing on each side.I used this tactic for a lot of time and it always worked.My career stats : 120 games played,89 victories,15 loses,16 draws,goals for 340,goals agains 122.

TIPS ! ! ! (IMPORTANT) 
- I suggest you to have the match instructions and team trainings done by the assistant.
- Team talk : always encourage your players to play aggresively.When you are near defeat encourage your players aggresively to push forward.
- When the team is being more familiar with the tactic you will be a beast.
- The fullbacks and wingers are the most important players to pick.
- My best players for this tactic are LB/RB/CM/W/CF so i suggest you to search for good players on these positions.
-When you play in Champions League with teams like Barcelona,Bayern etc. i suggest you to play counter mentality.
-When you are near defeat change the team shape to fluid/very fluid and mentality to attacking/overload.This is a high risk tactic so use it only when the other team have 2-0 or more.
-Team talk is very important so use it every time when you can.
-Do not use 3 substitutes at the same time.When a player will be injured you will not be able to change him.
-If you have money and time search for players with age around 17-21 with potential 4stars+.They will increase their abilities each season a lot and you can sell them after 3-4 seasons with more moneys.
-It will be difficult and almost impossible for other teams to score if you play counter mentaliy and a lot more difficult if you change one of your midfielders to ball winning style.
-To be more defensive you can change your side defenders from complete wing back to full back or one of your midfielders to ball winning. Other options are to change your formation to 4-4-2,just move your wingers down to middle. 
-This tactic works for me and other peoples so if you lose maybe that's because you didn't picked the right players or your players are not playing on their main position.If you lose some of your first matches don't be scared because your team needs to get familiar with tactic. After some games played your team will be stronger. 

Leave a thumbs up and a feedback bellow if you enjoyed my tactic.Good luck ! ;)

@PsylliumAkasha Congrats on your tactic; what im about to say isn't a dig at you, so please don't take it personally :brock:

@Cleon @Rashidi @herne79 this tactic, and others that I see on the tactics download section of the forum, seem to contradict everything moderators advise when it comes to tactics. For example, all 4 advanced players have attack duties - this is far from balanced, especially when playing on an aggressive mentality such as control & and an aggressive formation in a 4-2-3-1.

He's also got a playmaker combination in midfield, when the two in a 4-2-3-1 are meant to be relatively static and hold position. Couple this with the fact that two wingbacks are bombing forward at every opportunity, I fail to see how this tactic can be successful and this is based on analysis of roles and duties alone. 

Again @PsylliumAkasha this isn't a dig at you, you seem to have created a good tactic which gets results. I'm just trying to understand how things like this work - @Cleon @Rashidi @herne79 i'd like your input on this if possible :)

@PsylliumAkasha  Thank you for sharing, however please just do so in the spirit of sharing without asking for donations as well.

@jc577  In the T&T forum the main aim is to help people understand how things work.  Possibly the best way of doing this is to try to keep guidance as simple as possible.  That way, when designing your own systems, you should hopefully be able to see how things interact.  If you load up a tactic with 15 different instructions, how can you see what might be the cause of a problem?   Identifying issues becomes easier when you reduce the variables that you deal with.  It also helps to demonstrate that successful systems don't need so many instructions.

We also tend to deal with more natural systems.  We want to play football, perhaps even using a certain style of football, and such things simply don't require a huge number of tactical instructions.  It's possible to do this with lots of instructions, but such systems tend to exploit the ME in some fashion.  Eventually the ME gets patched and such systems stop working.  And when they stop working, with so many instructions, where would you even begin to start identifying the problems?  I have a system that I've been using quite happily for 3 years, with just one or two minor tweaks in that time, but I've only been able to do that because it has just 3 or 4 instructions.

So yes it's possible to come up with such systems, but it simply isn't needed - especially if you want to understand how the system actually works.

Like i said in tips section that's the main team only for games when you are favourite. For a more defensive tactic you can change the wing backs to fullbacks, one midfielder to ball winning or wingers one position down. All of that depends on the opponent. I like to play with offensive tactics when i'm the favourite. I prefer to score 4-5 goals and receive 1 than to score 1 and stay with fear that they can beat me with some luck.In big matches i change the mentality to counter and some players roles.I tried this tactic with Ajax(mid team), Barcelona(top) and FCSB(low) and worked very well with each of them. Some people who used my tactic had won all the trophies. Just try the tactic and you will see the results. 

results.png

15 hours ago, jc577 said:

...this tactic, and others that I see on the tactics download section of the forum, seem to contradict everything moderators advise when it comes to tactics. For example, all 4 advanced players have attack duties - this is far from balanced, especially when playing on an aggressive mentality such as control & and an aggressive formation in a 4-2-3-1.

He's also got a playmaker combination in midfield, when the two in a 4-2-3-1 are meant to be relatively static and hold position. Couple this with the fact that two wingbacks are bombing forward at every opportunity, I fail to see how this tactic can be successful and this is based on analysis of roles and duties alone. 

The OP hasn't asked for advice or review but I want to point out what it does well.

1. Width - Two wingers isn't a common sight, most tactics people ask for help with have AP/IF in AML/AMR.
  2. Depth - Whilst on Control + Close Down Much More he has dropped Slightly Deeper.  So whilst he has lots of advanced attack duties he is trying to make space for them. It's basically a 244 with the ball with width at each level, sacrificing cover for overloading the wings whilst keeping a central presence.
  3. Support for lone forward - Whilst both wide players stay wide the ST won't be a lone target with the SS supporting him.  Whilst the CF would normally roam from position, risking a lack of presence in the box, the TI Stick To Position will counter that to keep him more central.
  4. Pressure - Lot of advanced players and they're told to press and stop easy passes to feet by Tight Marking.  Its Risk/Reward, your forcing teams to play the ball and not just keep it deep but giving space deeper (naturally from formation + roles&duties).
  5. Transitions could be an issue, but the playmakers will drop a bit to get the ball and he hasn't used Play Out Of Defence which a lot of people just automatically tick.  The BPD's can pass it out quickly before the opponents get organized, even if the pass it a bit loose or headed away there's numbers to win the 2nd ball.

Looking at the results posted, it does score a lot which I would expect from the above points. If opponents score things get a bit dodgy suggesting its weak against certain tactics which again I would expect with so much attacking focus, its a proper shoot out type tactic that can win big or struggle.

The OP mentions some changes in his post that he does sometimes and I think you could keep the basics mentioned above and tweak bits to make it more balanced.  I'd be more conservative with the fullbacks and central mids and drop a few instructions such as Run At Defence which just isn't needed as all roles+duties already have Dribble More.

p.s. This score once, score multiple could be a ME issue. With opposition teams going more attacking to try and get a goal, playing into the fast attacks and runs behind there line rather than trying to exploit the very attacking nature of the tactic that leaves space to counter attack.

16 hours ago, jc577 said:

@PsylliumAkasha Congrats on your tactic; what im about to say isn't a dig at you, so please don't take it personally :brock:

@Cleon @Rashidi @herne79 this tactic, and others that I see on the tactics download section of the forum, seem to contradict everything moderators advise when it comes to tactics. For example, all 4 advanced players have attack duties - this is far from balanced, especially when playing on an aggressive mentality such as control & and an aggressive formation in a 4-2-3-1.

Again @PsylliumAkasha this isn't a dig at you, you seem to have created a good tactic which gets results. I'm just trying to understand how things like this work - @Cleon @Rashidi @herne79 i'd like your input on this if possible :)

In the end we have to remember this is a game and it relies on some internal game logic that isn't really the real world. This game logic can be exploited if you "hit the right buttons". In almost every FM I remember there were ways to somewhat exploit the match engine and this year it seems to be battering the central area of the opposition defense and aggressive pressing with hard tackling.

I think you have to chose for yourself how you want to play this game. Use tactics that try to beat the game or build your own tactics trying to mimic real world setups if you want to do the latter, then this forum is a great place to acquire knowledge about football tactics, how they work in the real world and how to translate them into the game. If on the other hand you just want to have a tactic as good as possible and win as much as humanly possible without giving anything about realism you will have more fun using some of the tactics in the sharing forum or try to beat the match engine yourself by building a tactic that tries to beat the ME.

Archived