[Suggestions] The Neymar effect and 'Hero' Mode

ChristmasTree83

I have two suggestions, and I'll keep them simple:

1. Where do SI stand with transfer budgets for FM18, in light of the crazy spending we've seen this summer, capped by Neymar's move to PSG? Pogba moved to United for £89m last year, but I'm pretty sure that no club budget would allow such a transfer in FM17. Will this be any different in FM18?

2. I've suggested this before, but would some kind of a 'hero' mode be viable for FM18? It's a straightforward concept: take over a club as its existing manager and progress their career from there.

I've accepted bids in the region of £80m for players after hard negotiation, and that was while managing a Gibraltarian club.  I've also made ridiculous bids late on in the game, believe I spent £230m once at Real Madrid just because I could.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I brought in 2 or 3 triple figure players that window after selling one or two to bolster an already huge budget.  Budgets absolutely can grow to the point where you can go mental with money, in fact they often do if you play the game long enough.

Your second point has been mentioned before a few times, but I'm not sure there's been an official line on it.  I'd think it would be unlikely due to licensing reasons, and I'm not really sure what it adds anyway.  If you really want to do it, go into the editor prior to the starting save, completely blitz any reference to the manager you want to replace, then add your new manager in to replace him with all his details.  You won't truly get his history, but it's a way of kind of getting what you want.  Anything else they could add would only be superficial stuff.

On 15/08/2017 at 08:27, forameuss said:

I've accepted bids in the region of £80m for players after hard negotiation, and that was while managing a Gibraltarian club.  I've also made ridiculous bids late on in the game, believe I spent £230m once at Real Madrid just because I could.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I brought in 2 or 3 triple figure players that window after selling one or two to bolster an already huge budget.  Budgets absolutely can grow to the point where you can go mental with money, in fact they often do if you play the game long enough.

That's true, but in the case of what's happening in the football world right now, we're not talking about "growing budgets" – we're talking about massive budgets becoming available every summer, for some clubs anyway.

19 minutes ago, ChristmasTree83 said:

That's true, but in the case of what's happening in the football world right now, we're not talking about "growing budgets" – we're talking about massive budgets becoming available every summer, for some clubs anyway.

They are made available to manager with the worldwide reps already built for the most part, you are still a rookie manager at game start.. taking a first dive into management.   By the time you have a Pep/mou type history the club budgets should be at that level later in the game? 

6 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

They are made available to manager with the worldwide reps already built for the most part, you are still a rookie manager at game start.. taking a first dive into management.   By the time you have a Pep/mou type history the club budgets should be at that level later in the game? 

I can confirm that it's very possible. The amount of money available in FM17 is absurd; some will say realistic considering the last few IRL transfer windows and I can't disagree with that assessment.

• 3 months later...

Archived