Brexit 2017/2018 version

Hello guys,

Was just wondering if the Brexit set up we have in the current version of the game will be different according you for the new edition this year ?

As it seems that IRL the Brexit scenario will kick in 2019 with a lot of important economical changes ans either the lack of possibility for people to freely move and travel in the "uk"

Any ideas, SI thoughts would be highly appreciated

Thx guys :)

Don't perpetuate that trolling from Miles.

Likely answer to the OP is that the date will be fixed as is the case irl but the outcome will still vary from save to save.

16 hours ago, Barside said:

Likely answer to the OP is that the date will be fixed as is the case irl but the outcome will still vary from save to save.

One would imagine the ratios of the different possibilities will probably change too.

As a total guess, I think there'll be fewer options, with the 'hard Brexit' model, a model whereby anyone who's played in the UK since 2014 needs a WP, a model whereby players commanding x in transfer fees/wages/squad status are automatically allowed to play without a WP, a model where all players in the Republic of Ireland (maybe Gibraltar?) are exempt from needing a WP in/out of the UK, and a combination of the above. 

I'd be amazed if there was a non-Brexit model this time.

I'd just not implement it tbh, until we know what's going on. Or at least include an option to tick at startup 'void brexit' so we can just keep the status quo. Because at the moment IRL, it is anyone's guess what will happen model-wise, presumably the British will be worse off in every comparable way, but who knows what the British government will come up with in the meantime. 

As it stands at the moment, it wont be a hard or soft brexit but maybe something in between but they still are not saying how it will affect foreigners working in this contry so how can SI make a decision on this, they can't and should have left it out of FM17. If miles is going to continue with it he should go for a soft brexit for European players and foreign players who have played 75% of their countrys internationals over a 2 year period and hard for everyone else which I think it will be IRL

Archived