Why does SI underestimate sound ?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 14/08/2017 at 22:30, ilkork said:

Correct. There's nothing wrong if you disagree with something.
What's wrong though is to say something in the lines of "feature X is pointless at the moment, they should focus more on feature Y" or mock the "they should add a box to tick/untick" suggestion...

A box to tick/untick is the most democratic thing SI could do. And since we've established that, the new sound system is probably going to be a bad feature (at least for the first years), having a box to tick/untick will make everyone happy.
"Don't you like the fact that you have to stick to a particular mode for the upcoming match, if you enable the new sound system? Untick it till we improve it"...

As I said before priority for sound needs to be minimum. The way the game works and match speed we use, a generic sound is much better. You can imagine the rest in your head. 

Things like sound can be better left to the modding community instead of SI. 

On 08/14/2017 at 15:30, ilkork said:

Correct. There's nothing wrong if you disagree with something.
What's wrong though is to say something in the lines of "feature X is pointless at the moment, they should focus more on feature Y" or mock the "they should add a box to tick/untick" suggestion...

A box to tick/untick is the most democratic thing SI could do. And since we've established that, the new sound system is probably going to be a bad feature (at least for the first years), having a box to tick/untick will make everyone happy.
"Don't you like the fact that you have to stick to a particular mode for the upcoming match, if you enable the new sound system? Untick it till we improve it"...

Sorry, but it's not wrong to say "they should focus on Y", that's how any project works. You have constraints on time and money so you have to prioritise. Quality is then your marker, and if something cannot be done well within your time/money available then it's best not to do it.

13 hours ago, Dave C said:

Sorry, but it's not wrong to say "they should focus on Y", that's how any project works. You have constraints on time and money so you have to prioritise. Quality is then your marker, and if something cannot be done well within your time/money available then it's best not to do it.

Sure, but as we've established earlier on page 2, SI know what they'll do. They don't need us to tell them. They do have a priority list and a new sound system is not their priority. Agreed.
But that doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss about any potential features. Same thing I said on page 2, " What, should we wait till 2020 to open the 'Why does SI underestimate sound' thread? ".

Please sir, don't take something out of context. You quoted me without having read the whole conversation which started from page 2.

15 hours ago, upthetoon said:

As I said before priority for sound needs to be minimum. The way the game works and match speed we use, a generic sound is much better. You can imagine the rest in your head. 

Things like sound can be better left to the modding community instead of SI. 

Same thing goes for you sir.
SI don't use the "Hey, forum users said now, so now we'll do it" logic...

Have a look at this topic please:

Yes, the modding community will definitely improve that feature, but SI have to do the beginning with a better audio editor or whatever...

On 16/08/2017 at 01:17, Goosewinkle said:

All of @MrPompey's suggestions sound quite manageable to me.  The game already has triggered cheers for goals and boos when the away team has possession, and they don't create problems with the play speed or the highlights modes.   

Exactly. He's not asking for anything to be reinvented here. Just improving what's already in place 

In one of the total club manager versions, I can't remember which one there was PA announcements when a goal was scored or a substitution made etc there was no detail as such, it was pretty muffuled but the echo as in a real stadium made it sound pretty realistic, that would be a nice touch

Archived