Fc Bayern: Problems in defending.

I'm pretty frustrated right now because my team played well over the last 40games(like 35wins) but now in the last 16 against Man C my team plays like garbage it frustrates me a lot and I restarted it 3times ( I know it is a pussy move but I felt like cheated because my team played really well and the just like that really bad), also my defending could be better(28 concedings in 30 games). Because of this I'm losing the trust in me that I understood the game and I dont feel like it is worth to continue when my tactics are crap. I would really appreciate your help because I really like this game and it would be a shame if I had to go back to Fifa. I dont really like finished tactics because I want to learn the game myself.

20170525011239_1.jpg

20170525011243_1.jpg

20170525011250_1.jpg

20170525011252_1.jpg

20170525011256_1.jpg

20170525011300_1.jpg

20170525011302_1.jpg

I think your tactic just needs a tweak, in a 4-2-3-1 the 2 central midfielders need to hold their postions and recycle postion as a 4-2-3-1 is such an attacking formation by default.

At the moment Vidal is goin to be caught out up the pitch leaving Alonso (who isnt the quickest) on his own trying to shield your defence, try changing Vidal from a BBM to a BWM or CM defend, let us know how you get on.

Your central midfielders need to be quite conservative in a 4-2-3-1 and they need to hold the position, you have four attacking players already upfront. To that, you can give your wingbacks a more positive duty, depending how you need them, to provide width when your IFs cut inside. 

I restarted many times but my team still played really bad not like a team that won 6 games in a row. I don't understand it it is just frustrating it seems unlogical.

In one save I've won but it makes everything more sensless. Why did they play good now and the games before like an amateur team.

To explain why I restart: when my team plays really underwhelming they will play like that the upcoming games against bigger teams, also I'm not good enough to see the mistakes in my tactics so the save is useless then.

Control + Offside trap + closing down more + roam from positions + WBs + BBM = no defensive shape. I'm suprised you managed to win as much as you did.

Edit: You seem to have the same problems as the user looping. He might be able to help you out ;)

23 minutes ago, mbabbs said:

Control + Offside trap + closing down more + roam from positions + WBs + BBM = no defensive shape. I'm suprised you managed to win as much as you did.

Edit: You seem to have the same problems as the user looping. He might be able to help you out ;)

Why suprised? Are your tips damage reduction or do they give the tactic the small tweak that makes it good, because your instruction aren't far away from mine.(Just curious)

Edit: Shall I make a new tactic with your instructions or tweak my current?

I'm surprised because you have no defensive shape. I would have expected you to leak goals despite having so many players on defensive duties. Also you only have two players in support, one of which plays high up the pitch and the other wonders all over it.

I don't think you need to create a new tactic - I think you need to understand roles & duties and the effects of TI's & PI's. Then setup your tactic accordingly.

For example - Your BBM will leave your DLP exposed to manage the center of that midfield all by himself. He'll easily be overloaded. Your CB\CB\DLP triangle will lose their defensive shape to close down opposition and your WB's will wonder up the field leaving the flanks exposed.

As regards the Offisde trap - its a mixed blessing. If you don't have defenders with good pace and concentration then they'll be exposed by a good striker.

As regards the 4-2-3-1 tactic itself - its very aggressive and can struggle against a good defensive team that plays on the counter or a formation that overloads the midfield. It would be wise to have more than just 4-2-3-1 at your disposal.

28 minutes ago, mbabbs said:

I'm surprised because you have no defensive shape. I would have expected you to leak goals despite having so many players on defensive duties. Also you only have two players in support, one of which plays high up the pitch and the other wonders all over it.

I don't think you need to create a new tactic - I think you need to understand roles & duties and the effects of TI's & PI's. Then setup your tactic accordingly.

For example - Your BBM will leave your DLP exposed to manage the center of that midfield all by himself. He'll easily be overloaded. Your CB\CB\DLP triangle will lose their defensive shape to close down opposition and your WB's will wonder up the field leaving the flanks exposed.

As regards the Offisde trap - its a mixed blessing. If you don't have defenders with good pace and concentration then they'll be exposed by a good striker.

As regards the 4-2-3-1 tactic itself - its very aggressive and can struggle against a good defensive team that plays on the counter or a formation that overloads the midfield. It would be wise to have more than just 4-2-3-1 at your disposal.

What do you think about this tactic against counter teams.

20170525173002_1.jpg

20170525173152_1.jpg

Well, lets look at your TI's first

The Team Instructions of Close Down More and Use Tighter Marking will apply to your 3 CB's & Anchor Man as well as your attackers. Is that what you want? If not then can you think of a way for closing down and Tighter Marking to apply to your forward\midfield players only?

Your Run at Defence TI will instruct all your attacking players to dribble more frequently. Again is that what you want? Are they all capable?

Stick To Positions\Roaming - Ignore what I said about that cause I was wrong. It applies to advanced players only so wont affect your defence. Choose whichever you prefer. Personally I don't select either and I use TI's instead.

Drop Deeper - You are on the right lines here actually. Against a defensive counter attacking team it can be wise to drop deeper and go wider to give you more space. However I would start every game with a normal line and then change it either higher or lower depending on how the match is going.

Width - Balanced isn't a bad place to start, but be prepared to experiment by changing it in a game, the same as your defensive line. Wide can stretch an opposition team. Narrow can allow you to overload the midfield. Use it as a tool in a match.

Now lets look at roles and duties.

Your BPD(St) on the right - what will happen when he moves forward to do his stopping duty?

...and thats it. Its not bad actually but there are a few holes.

5 hours ago, mbabbs said:

Well, lets look at your TI's first

The Team Instructions of Close Down More and Use Tighter Marking will apply to your 3 CB's & Anchor Man as well as your attackers. Is that what you want? If not then can you think of a way for closing down and Tighter Marking to apply to your forward\midfield players only?

Your Run at Defence TI will instruct all your attacking players to dribble more frequently. Again is that what you want? Are they all capable?

Stick To Positions\Roaming - Ignore what I said about that cause I was wrong. It applies to advanced players only so wont affect your defence. Choose whichever you prefer. Personally I don't select either and I use TI's instead.

Drop Deeper - You are on the right lines here actually. Against a defensive counter attacking team it can be wise to drop deeper and go wider to give you more space. However I would start every game with a normal line and then change it either higher or lower depending on how the match is going.

Width - Balanced isn't a bad place to start, but be prepared to experiment by changing it in a game, the same as your defensive line. Wide can stretch an opposition team. Narrow can allow you to overload the midfield. Use it as a tool in a match.

Now lets look at roles and duties.

Your BPD(St) on the right - what will happen when he moves forward to do his stopping duty?

...and thats it. Its not bad actually but there are a few holes.

Do you have any ideas/tips for changing the tactic after one season so the enemies aren't perpared for me, because  i've heard that the enemy scouts you and like after one season they play better against you if you have  still the same tactic.

I'm not sure you need to change your formation to be a counter tactic. Looking at your 4-2-3-1, you want a BBM at your CM position, then consider using a FB(D). He is more defensive minded than your WB(D). I would even play a real defender(like a centreback who is probably left-footed) on that side. Like the Eric Abidal role for Barca.

Drop the more expressive TI too. With this TI, you are giving your players more freedom to do what they want rather that what you want them to do.

The gk role. Experience with a normal gk. I'm not sure what Neuer has for his rushing out attribute. If it's high enough, he will still rush out when needed. If I'm not wrong, the rushing out attribute represents his tendency to come off his line.

9 hours ago, torchibo said:

Do you have any ideas/tips for changing the tactic after one season so the enemies aren't perpared for me, because  i've heard that the enemy scouts you and like after one season they play better against you if you have  still the same tactic.

They look at their odds of winning. If they think they won't win then they'll play more defensively. You need to be able to adapt to playing defensive teams.

11 hours ago, mbabbs said:

He isn't. He has added another tactic. (I think)

What do you think about this one? It is for enemies with good attack but no counter attack its point is a solid defensiveline.

PS: Thank you for the advices.

20170526215524_1.jpg

20170526215527_1.jpg

Archived