The Only Soft Brexit Scenario?

"It has been announced that United Kingdom will be leaving the European Union at the end of the season. 

As part of the negotiations it has been agreed that there will be no changes to the current work permit system and no new restrictions on European Union players."

I think this is what is called "soft brexit" right? Probably this is the easiest. Sure it is, what else could it be. Would it say "No work permit is required"? Not possible i guess.

Only this scenario is called soft brexit or any other soft brexit scenarios?

These brexit variations are a little bit confusing.

As a note, i reloaded 10 times from the previous day to see if it changes but it doesn't. I got the same scenario in the same date everytime. This shows it is true that the scenario had been set in the beginning of the save.

Yes you have likely got the softest option, though you can get other options where work permits are got rid off and instead there is a limit on how many non-UK players you can register which depending on how you play could be treated as soft or hard - you have to pay attention to how many EU players your are signing, but it is balanced by the fact that players from the rest of the world are easier to sign due to the lack of work permits required.

SI have also confirmed that your Brexit scenario is set at or near the start of your save game so reloading won't change it.

Yes they can both leave/stay independent of what England does (not sure if Wales is tied to England or not?) - In my game both Scotland and Gibraltar stayed in the EU and as NIreland stayed part of the UK Irish players count as UK players for the league rules (whilst Scots don't).

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Yes they can both leave/stay independent of what England does (not sure if Wales is tied to England or not?) - In my game both Scotland and Gibraltar stayed in the EU and as NIreland stayed part of the UK Irish players count as UK players for the league rules (whilst Scots don't).

Wales is tied to England. There is a field in the data which would allow it to have a chance of leaving the UK, but it's currently set to 0%. Seems like something that's there which could be changed quickly if there was ever a prospect of Wales leaving the UK (or somehow joining the EU/EEC while still being part of it) in real life.

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Would this have come at the same time as the English announcement? Or can it come seperate

Archived