Football Manager 2018 Stadium Features

jonnysullivan88

Just wondering what everyone thinks future features should be?

I'd like to see a feature to select the stand design when expanding the stadium. This was always a fun feature in the old LMA Manager games and always thought it was something different.

I think it would also be good to be able to make a player train on their own if they have had a disagreement with a manger (this would then also affect the price that payer would be available for and wages etc.)

Visually I'd like to see a realistic proportionate bench for the players.

Also re-animating the players and officials walking onto the pitch so they don't all look like robots would be nice.  I'm not sure who at SI saw that and thought it was acceptable work.  Would have been better off leaving it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought it was a good feature of the LMA Games, and when clubs move to new stadiums or rebuild stands on FM they don't look very good. An option to design this yourself would be something different.

Also its not very realistic for a manger to pick the stands but its also not realistic for a manger to be sitting in the house on a Friday night, sitting in PJ's and drinking beer when its the champions league final but that happens in this game :) 

On 2017-5-17 at 13:11, borivoje213 said:

Visually I'd like to see a realistic proportionate bench for the players.

Also re-animating the players and officials walking onto the pitch so they don't all look like robots would be nice.  I'm not sure who at SI saw that and thought it was acceptable work.  Would have been better off leaving it out.

For a game that takes so long to make with the database size, player knowledge etc a little bit more time could go into graphics 

4 hours ago, jonnysullivan88 said:

For a game that takes so long to make with the database size, player knowledge etc a little bit more time could go into graphics 

Well I mean I'm eager to have a go, but my work done on the research for the FM database doesn't really lend itself to having skills with 3d models and game graphics. 

I have made a cube in paint 3d to show my credentials:

1b995f672926b27c9d4fac3a5391f85f.png

On 2017-5-17 at 13:11, borivoje213 said:

probably best researchers stick to researching :) 

I did mean that there are a selection on maybe 10 stand designs pre loaded into the game and the user picks which one they want, not that the player has to design the stand from scratch 

In most cases real life managers do not decide on what sort of stadium designs clubs go for, so if realism is the objective it should not happen in the game either. That being said, if it was possible to add 3D models of stadiums into the game the same way kits and logos can be added, I'm sure there would be plenty of FM fans who would provide the community with realistic models of existing stadiums (and their immediate surroundings) as well as some grandiose imaginary stadia.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived