[CM01/02] Football in the dark forest...

petemitchell

"Football in the dark forest..."

When your team have a massive debts (around 18M) you know that you're in a big, big trouble. When you're a Nottingham Forest manager and it's 2001/02 season you know that you're in a big, big sh...
This is my situation, this is my dark forest...
Welcome!

Champ Man 01/02 with original database and 3 playable leagues: England, Poland and Scotland.

Before start of season Forest is one of the "favorites" to relegate. My aim is of course to fight against this but honestly i think that our team is much underestimated.
With local hero Ward on goalie, ex premier league players Rogers, Louis-Jean, Scimeca or Hjelde in defence, our captain and biggest star Bart-Williams as playmaker, lot of young talents like Gray, Jenas, Prutton and duo of big guns Johnson with John on front, we are very competetive team.
On the bench i have a massive of talents like Roche, Foy, Doig, Dawson, Edds, Reid, Bopp, Williams, Harewood or Freeman and some already experienced players like Brennan, Vaughan, Edwards, Jones and Lester. We can definitely be a big surprise in a new season.

Season will start with home game derbies against Sheff Wed but we still have almost 2 months for pre-season. We need to focus on our fitness preparation and then i will think about some friendlies.

As i write our financial status is insecure, but in days we will be probably bankrupt. Our chairman Barnes doesn't look on a guy who know what to do with that situation. The worst that can to be is to force me to sell best players. It can sink us for a long days.
Except team our coaching staff are also looking quite good. Bowyer, Beesley, Fairclough, Marshall, McParland and Whyte are people devoted to Forest. Scouts like Bradley, Nicholls and legendary Storey-Moore has "an eye". We hire also 3 physios: Fleming, Haselden and Langridge.

We doesn't have any transfer funds. No matter what i will always try to get the best players. I won't look in other teams for some perspective youngsters, cause i need only well shaped guys. Only rookies from our academy will get the chance but in the right time, only then when they are ready to play in high level.

On 17/05/2017 at 20:22, petemitchell said:

Season will start with home game derbies against Sheff Wed but we still have almost 2 months for pre-season. We need to focus on our fitness preparation and then i will think about some friendlies.

Nottingham Forest v Sheffield Wednesday isn't a derby.

Archived