Help needed under23s issue

Came here to ask the same question, I'm in my 5th season in the Premier League now with Salford and every year my u23s and u18s get invited to join the league, I accept every time but they never actually join their respective leagues.  Anyone know what is up with that?  Is my game bugged?

does it relate to a small club not having a ground to play the fixtures on? i think i have read that on the forum before.

You have managed 2 historic none league clubs so i bet their facilities are still ****?

check on the facilities/club info screen

I have been upgrading my training and youth facilities each season I've been in the premier league.  They are up to good training facilities and average youth facilities, I have excellent junior coaching and established youth recruitment. I have also read that it could be linked to the club's youth level, mine is at 3 but I have no idea how to raise it.

I'm upgrading my youth and training facilities again but it'll take another 5 months ingame before they are finished, I'll definitely report back if anything has changed but do hope we get an official response on this matter before I get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't have a lot of time to play these last 2 weeks but my youth facilities have now been upgraded to good and I had an option to ask the board to increase our youth level from level 3 to level 2.  Ofcourse that happens at the end of the season, so I'll be back when I've finished this season and check wether my u23 will finally join the u23 league.

Improving facilities won't change the fact there's no stadium to play the games in, if that is indeed the issue

Not sure, but maybe it also requires someone else to relinquish their spot in the league?

On 25/5/2017 at 14:59, gunner86 said:

Improving facilities won't change the fact there's no stadium to play the games in, if that is indeed the issue

Not sure, but maybe it also requires someone else to relinquish their spot in the league?

So my u23/18s won't play in their league until we build a new stadium? We just build one when we got into the Premier League so that'll be another 20 seasons.  This is annoying.

It might just be a game bug, as I thought a new stadium would automatically give you a place to play youth games if you were missing a ground. There isnt another way to get one built as far as i know.

If you play a home u23 friendly where is it played?

Also can you assign your assistant to arrange friendlies for you? do they control the youth teams too or just the first team? At least if that works they can arrange some fixtures for you.

Same issue here. Playing with Dundela, my U18's are always in a league which is cool, but my reserves never have any games except the odd friendly and they're not good enough for the first team squad yet so they never develop.

7 hours ago, Carninho said:

It might just be a game bug, as I thought a new stadium would automatically give you a place to play youth games if you were missing a ground. There isnt another way to get one built as far as i know.

If you play a home u23 friendly where is it played?

Also can you assign your assistant to arrange friendlies for you? do they control the youth teams too or just the first team? At least if that works they can arrange some fixtures for you.

I am doing that, but they just play 18 matches a season then.  And only one of those was at home which was at the stadion where the main squad plays.  So it might be that the u23/18 don't have a ground to play on which would be weird since like I said this is a new stadium.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'm giving up, I have Youth Level 1 and impressive youth facilities but my u23/18 still won't join the league making it impossible for me to have homegrown talent since I need to loan out my young players for them to develop.

23 hours ago, noobish abbz said:

Well this is concerning. I was very close to starting to lower league save, most likely with Salford City, FC United or Irlam..

In my FC United save, we haven't joined a league over the first two seasons. I'm thinking I may be able to use a real-time editor to force them into a league, but I haven't tried that yet. For the first couple of seasons, I've just been scheduling friendlies.

Archived