The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part One: A Saintly Beginning)

mark wilson27

Authors Notes:Using FM17 Touch with a Large Database. Leagues Loaded at the moment, Belgium (First Division), Denmark (Second Division), England (Vanarama North/South), Spain (Second Division B), France (CFA), Iceland (First Division), Italy (Serie C), Scotland (Ladbrokes League 2), Wales (Welsh Premier League)

After a professional career as such down in the lower league with Alfreton it was time for me to try my hand at management. I never made it as a top player but in management I want to try and get to the top.

June 21st 2016:

So it is now time to try and find a job. I looked around Europe knowing a top top job wouldn't be available straight away for me. I applied for jobs at Stirling, Grimsby, Birmingham, MK Dons, TNS, Fuenlabrada and Baldursson. Looks desperate applying for several jobs but I was always told if you don't try you don't get.

June 27th:

The first rejection notes came through as Birmingham, MK Dons and Baldursson all decided I hadn't had enough experience.

June 28th:

The next letter came through with Grimsby deciding that P.Ince was a better choice as manager.

July 2016:

July 3rd:

It looked like I wasn't taking a trip to Scotland as the Stirling chairman took the time to ring me and let me know he was going a different direction than me. I also received the dreaded rejection from Fuenlabrada. Things weren't looking good for me

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

July 9th:

Finally I got the call I wanted as The New Saints chairman Mike Harris told me he wanted me as their new gaffer. I have been offered a one year contract worth £1,100 per week.

The club plays it's games at The Park Hall Stadium. They are the current Welsh Premier League Champions and are expected to easily walk the League this season. However I want to try and make my name doing well in Europe. The club has already played two games in the Champions Cup as they beat Alashkert 4-1 on aggregate in the First Qualifying Round. We will be facing Zalgiris in the Second Qualifying Round.

Before we get into that lets have a look at the squad:-

Goalkeepers:

Paul Harrison (Eng, 31), Chris Mullock (Wal, 27)

Defenders:

Simon Spender (Wal, 30), Steven Saunders (Sco, 25), James Jones (Wal, 19), Josh Powell (Wal, 23), Chriss Marriott (Wal, 26), Ryan Pryce (Eng, 19), Phil Baker (Eng, 33)

Midfielders:

Connell Rawlinson (Wal, 24), Christian Seargeant (Eng, 29), Aeron Edwards (Wal, 28), Jon Routledge (Eng, 26), Ryan Brobbel (Nir, 23), Jamie Mullan (Eng, 28), Jacob Farleigh (Eng, 17), Robbie Parry (Wal, 21)

Attackers:

Wes Fletcher (Eng, 25), Alex Darlington (Wal, 27), Scott Quigley (Eng, 23), Greg Draper (Nzl, 26)

I watched over the team as they faced a friendly against Newport Co. We could have done better as we drew 2-2 with goals from A.Darlington and G.Draper. Newport played seventy minutes of the game with ten men but we failed to take advantage. However we lost two players to injury as R.Brobbel strained his knee ligaments and will be out for around 2-3 months, luckily the other injury sees J.Routledge only out for around a week with a dead leg.

July 13th:

Zalagiris (H) Champions Cup Champions Qualifying 2nd Phase 1st Leg

So it was time for my first match in charge and we got off to a great start as within seven minutes we were awarded a penalty after R.Parry was brought down in the area, G.Draper stepped up and fired the penalty past the keeper. Soon after we had our next chance as G.Draper ran through the defence with ease but his final effort went well wide of the post. We were controlling the game well and on the 33rd minute we made it two nil with J.Mullen rattling the ball in from just outside the area.

The second half was alittle tighter as Zalagiris started to actually play and on the 66th minute they pulled an away goal back with a fine strike from E.Jankauskas which gave P.Harrison little chance of saving. Ten minutes later we came close to regaining our advantage but C.Marriott's header was tipped round the post by the keeper. With eight minutes remaining in the game G.Draper grabbed his second of the game with a superb strike from outside the area. On the 84th minute the final goal was scored as S.Spender hit home from the penalty spot after S.Quigley's effort was handled in the area.

TNS 4-1 Zalgiris G.Draper 7 pen, 82, J.Mullen 33, S.Spender 84 pen / E.Jankauskas 66

P.Harrison (capt), S.Saunders, J.Jones (J.Powell), C.Rawlinson (S.Spender), C.Marriott, J.Farleigh (P.Baker), J.Mullen, A.Edwards, R.Parry, S.Quigley, G.Draper

Booked: A.Edwards

July 15th:

The draw for the Champions Cup Champions 3rd Qualifying Phase has taken place and if we beat Zalgiris we will be facing either Celtic or Dundalk. The first leg will be played at home

Other news sees W.Fletcher returning to full training after being out for three weeks with a gashed leg.

July 16th:

Our next friendly sees us facing Cammell Laird and we beat them 3-1 with a goal from S.Quigley and a brace from A.Darlington

Dear Mr Wilson,

While I am delighted to see that you have begun your managerial career and wish you all the best in your chosen profession, I feel it is my duty as a friend to inform you that you appear to have mistakenly accepted a job with the spawn of Satan himself. I sincerely hope you are able to escape Park Hall Farm with your soul intact, and wish you hasty onward progress to a more worthy club. Or indeed any club.

Yours with concern,
O. Williams

Dear Mr Williams,

I understand  you hatred towards TNS but in life sometimes you have to sell your soul to the devil to get forward in this life. It was unfortunately the only club that wanted me at the time. Looking at the fact I couldn't even beat P.Ince to the Grimsby job I knew this was the way forward. When facing your beloved  Prestatyn I promise I will try my best not to be rough with them. 

As for my soul I'm sorry to say I pretty much doomed anyway ;)

Yours

M.Wilson

July 20th:

Zalgiris (A) Champions Cup Champions Qualifying 2nd Phase 2nd Leg (Agg 4-1)

Six minutes into the game we took the lead as G.Draper headed in a R.Parry cross. On the 19th minute we had another chance with R.Parry hitting the crossbar from six yards when it was easier to score. A minute later I was forced into a change as C.Seargeant replaced the injured J.Farleigh. On the 33rd minute we came close with A.Edwards heading wide of the post from a J.Mullen cross. We were controlling the game again but with a minute remaining in the half Zalagiris pulled level with A.Romanov doing the honours from just outside the area.

The second half saw both my side and the Zalagiris side passing the ball around well and on the 58th minute S.Quigley gave us the lead with a low effort which the keeper should have done better to save. Ten minutes later though Zalagiris came close with a curling shot which saw P.Harrison at full stretch to save. The game was pretty even and deep into injury time D.Stankevicius slotted home from close range to give Zalagiris a draw.

Zalagiris 2-2 TNS A.Romanov 44, D.Stankevicius 90+1 / G.Draper 6, S.Quigley 58

P.Harrison (capt), S.Saunders, J.Jones (S.Spender), C.Rawlinson, C.Marriott, J.Farleigh (inj 20-C.Seargeant), J.Mullen, A.Edwards, R.Parry (P.Baker), S.Quigley, G.Draper

The physio has reported that J.Farleigh will be out for around 4-5 weeks with broken ribs.

After the game we found out that it will be Celtic that we will be facing in the next round. A tough tie but as long as we don't get embarrassed I'll be happy

July 23rd:

The clubs next friendly saw us facing a Chelsea reserve side. We played brilliantly and beat them 3-0 with an own goal and a brace from W.Fletcher. It probably helped that they played the final half with only ten men after L.Lee was sent off.

July 25th:

The physio has informed me that A.Darlington has picked up food poisoning and has been sent home, he will return in around a week.

15 hours ago, EvilDave said:

Dear Mr Wilson,

While I am delighted to see that you have begun your managerial career and wish you all the best in your chosen profession, I feel it is my duty as a friend to inform you that you appear to have mistakenly accepted a job with the spawn of Satan himself. I sincerely hope you are able to escape Park Hall Farm with your soul intact, and wish you hasty onward progress to a more worthy club. Or indeed any club.

Yours with concern,
O. Williams

Without question this is among my top ten favorite forum quotes. Ever. :)

Certainly agree with you sir

July 27th:

Celtic (H) Champions Cup Champions Qualifying 3rd Phase 1st Leg

A terrible start saw us go a goal down within a minute as E.Ambrose beat the offside trap and fired with power past P.Harrison. On the 10th minute they had another chance with a long range effort which saw my keeper at full stretch top save. Celtic were all over us and on the 23rd minute M.Dembele gave Celtic a two goal lead with a well struck effort from just inside the area. However we responded well and straight from kick-off we pulled a goal back as G.Draper ran through the defence and fired under the onrushing Celtic keeper. The goal seemed to knock the wind out of Celtic's sails and on the 41st minute we grabbed the equaliser as S.Quigley showed great pace to beat the defence and fired with pace past the keeper.

The second half was frantic to say the least and on the 57th minute E.Ambrose headed in from close range after my defence seemed to fall asleep. Fourteen minutes later though we equalised again as C.Seargeant ran in from the wing and unleashed a thunderous effort into the top corner which gave the Celtic keeper no chance of saving. With ten minutes remaining in the game though Celtic again took the lead as M.Dembele fired in his second of the game much to the delight of the few away fans that had travelled. However on the 89th minute we levelled yet again as S.Quigley ran onto a C.Marriott through-ball and slotted home with power past the keeper. The scoring wasn't finished their though as on the stroke of full time we took the lead with G.Draper dinking the ball over the keeper from ten yards after running through the defence with ease. What a game, that's all I can say

TNS 5-4 Celtic G.Draper 24, 90, S.Quigley 41, 89, C.Seargeant 71 / E.Ambrose 1, 57, M.Dembele 23, 80

P.Harrison (capt), S.Saunders, J.Jones (S.Spender), R.Pryce (P.Baker), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, J.Mullen (J.Routledge), A.Edwards, R.Parry, S.Quigley, G.Draper

More injury news sees J.Mullen out for around 2-3 weeks with a broken nose

Glad to have you along TheWednesday. Wales isn't a nation that I have ever ventured into before at club level. We'll have to see how well I do.

August 2016:

August 1st:

The draw for the Nathaniel MG Cup 1st Rd has taken place and my TNS side have been given a bye alongside Bala, Connah's Bay and Llandudno.

August 3rd:

Celtic (A) Champions Cup Champions Qualifying 3rd Phase 2nd Leg (agg 5-4)

Eight minutes into the game we opened the scoring with G.Draper trying his luck from distance and finding the net. However on the 10th minute E.Ambrose levelled the for Celtic with a rasping effort which P.Harrison should have really saved. Four minutes later Celtic grabbed the lead as L.Griffiths beat the offside trap and fired under my keeper. On the 28th minute Celtic had another chance to score with a long range effort which had P.Harrison at full stretch to save. With two minutes remaining in the half we levelled the score as R.Parry ran into the area unmarked and unleashed a thunderous effort past the keeper.

The second half was pure class by my players as we piled forward and on the 67th minute G.Draper headed in his second of the game after running onto a C.Marriott cross. Celtic were looking shell shocked and on the 83rd minute S.Quigley gave us the lead and pretty much killed the tie. However their was one more goal to be scored as G.Draper completed his hat-trick as he fired in from close range to send us through to the next round

Celtic 2-5 TNS E.Ambrose 10, L.Griffiths 14 / G.Draper 8, 67, 90, R.Parry 43, S.Quigley 83

P.Harrison (capt), S.Saunders, J.Jones (C.Rawlinson), R.Pryce (P.Baker), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (S.Spender), J.Routledge, A.Edwards, R.Parry, S.Quigley, G.Draper

Booked: R.Parry, S.Saunders, J.Routledge

August 4th:

The odds for the Dafabet Welsh Premier League have been released and we have been made clear favourites at odds of 15-4, with Bangor City at 5-1 our closest rivals

August 5th:

The draw for the Champions Cup Champions Play-off and we have been drawn against Greek side Olympiakos. The first leg will be played away from home

August 6th:

We now faced a friendly against Stoke City Reserves and played pretty well as we drew 1-1 with a late penalty from G.Draper.

August 10th:

Injury news sees J.Mullen returning to full training after his recent broken nose.

August 11th:

The draw for the Nathaniel MG Cup 2nd Rd has taken place and we will face Premier League side Newtown away from home

August 14th:

The clubs physio has informed me that J.Farleigh is back in full training after being out for a month with broken ribs

August 16th:

Olympiakos (A) Champions Cup Champions Play-off 1st Leg

Two minutes into the game Olympiakos took the lead as K.Fortounis ran through my defence with ease and fired under P.Harrison. However on the 9th minute we levelled as C.Seargeant curled a wonderful effort into the top corner to give the Greek keeper no chance of saving. Just before the half hour though Olympiakos retook the lead as E.Cambiasso barged into the area and slotted home under P.Harrison from close range. With seven minutes remaining in the half it was 3-1 as F.Pardo rose above my defence and headed in a corner after my defence seemed to go to sleep.

The second half was a lot better for us as we kept the ball a lot better but we never came close to threatening the Olympiakos side. Luckily for us Olympiakos seemed to have settled for the two goal advantage and failed to test P.Harrison. Lets hope the away goal comes in handy for us

Olympiakos 3-1 TNS K.Fortounis 2, E.Cambiasso 29, F.Pardo 38 / C.Seargeant 9

P.Harrison (capt), S.Saunders, J.Jones (S.Spender), R.Pryce (P.Baker), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, J.Routledge, A.Edwards, R.Parry (J.Mullen), S.Quigley, G.Draper

Booked: A.Edwards, S.Saunders, J.Mullen, C.Seargeant, C.Marriott

I have been informed that C.Seargeant will be unavailable for the next European game after picking up his 3rd yellow card this season.

August 19th:

The board has set out their expectations for the forthcoming season and are as follows:-

Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Win the League

JD Welsh Cup: Win the Cup

Nathaniel MG Cup: Not important

Scottish League Challenge Cup: Be competitive

European Champions Cup: Reach 2nd Qualifying Phase

They have given me a budget of £55,000 to be able to do this and a wage budget of £27,500 per week

Scottish League Challenge Cup: Be competitive ??????

You be in Wales so wtf that one doing there ;)

Ironically i have a TNS game on the go on FM touch, relatively boring as the league is easy just a case of how far you get in Europe

Glad to have you along Bagpuss, I was pretty surprised to see my side entered into the Challenge Cup. A couple of Irish sides are in it aswell..Don't know how long they've been doing that (Will have to do a google search). Looking at what the board and bookies expect it looks like TNS are by far and away the front runner. I'm looking to get my reputation up when we play in Europe

August 20th:

Bala (H) Dafabet Welsh Premier League (1/32)

We began pretty well and on the 9th minute we came close to grabbing the lead as G.Draper headed a J.Routledge cross just wide of the post. Soon after we had another chance to score with a thunderous effort from G.Draper but his effort was well saved. Just before the half hour we came close with C.Marriott jinking into the area but before he had the chance to score but yet again we failed to hit the target.

The second half started with Bala coming out and on the 53rd minute they came close with a powerful effort which saw P.Harrison at full stretch to save. Nine minutes later Bala were awarded a penalty after P.Baker handled in the area, J.Gibbs stepped up for the penalty and fired just wide of the post. Bala were in control of the half and just before the final whistle they had another chance with a low effort which had P.Harrison tipping around the post.

TNS 0-0 Bala

P.Harrison (capt), S.Saunders, J.Jones (S.Spender), P.Baker, C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (J.Mullen), J.Routledge, A.Edwards, R.Parry, S.Quigley (W.Fletcher), G.Draper

Google search shows - BBC Website 8th June 2016

August 24th:

Olympiakos (H) European Champions Cup Champions Play-off 2nd Leg (agg 1-3)

Two minutes into the game we went a goal down as F.Pardo hit a speculative effort from 25 yards which bounced past P.Harrison and into the back of the net. On the 23rd minute Olympiakos had another chance with a great team move which split my defence apart but S.Spender managed to track back and clear the ball. Olympiakos were all over us and on the stroke of half time P.Harrison saved the day with a brilliant save from close range.

The second half was much the same with Olympiakos dominating and on the hour mark P.Harrison again saved the day with a wonderful block from three yards out. We weren't getting close to the ball but on the 73rd minute we pulled level as a poor clearance by the Olympiakos keeper was intercepted by J.Routledge who lashed it back into the net. However that was it for our chances and for our adventure this season in the Champions Cup, but we will be in the Europa League at the Group stage

TNS 1-1 Olympiakos J.Routledge 73 / F.Pardo 2

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, J.Jones (J.Powell), P.Baker, C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, J.Routledge, A.Edwards, R.Parry (J.Mullen), S.Quigley, G.Draper (W.Fletcher)

August 26th:

The draw for the Europa League Group Stage has taken place and we have been drawn in Group A with Portuguese side FC Porto, Belgian side Standard and English side West Ham United.

August 27th:

I have made my first signing as I welcome 24yr old English striker Lateef Elford-Alliyu on a free transfer. His previous club was Coventry City. I have also brought in 23yr old Welsh centre back Alex Evans on a free transfer. His previous club was Carmarthen. My final signing of the day sees 24yr old midfielder Nathan Craig joining from Caernarfon on a free transfer.

Connah's Bay (A) (2/32)

We were by far the better side as expected and on the 7th minute we took the lead as G.Draper fired in from close range but his goal was ruled out for offside. Ten minutes later we had another chance with a well struck effort from A.Edwards which had the keeper at full stretch to saved. Just before the half hour we finally made the breakthrough as G.Draper hit a thunderous effort into the top corner after running onto a loose ball. On the stroke of half time we had yet another chance to score as R.Parry jinked into the area and fired towards goal but his effort went wide of the post.

The second half was nine minutes old when we doubled the lead as S.Quigley showed some great skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing under the onrushing keeper. On the 63rd minute the same player made it three nil with a well struck effort from the edge of the area. We were making it look easy and four minutes later J.Routledge curled a free-kick into the top corner after A.Edwards was fouled twenty yards out. Connah's weren't getting close to the ball and with nine minutes remaining in the game G.Draper added goal number five with a low shot which beat the keeper to his near post.

Connah's Bay 0-5 TNS G.Draper 27, 81, S.Quigley 54, 63, J.Routledge 67

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, P.Baker (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (C.Rawlinson), J.Routledge (J.Mullan), A.Edwards, R.Parry, S.Quigley, G.Draper

August 28th:

I have hit the transfer market again with the signing of Eastbourne Boro's 27yr old English Right Back Craig Stone for a fee of £12,500 which could rise to £13,250

August 31st:

The draw for the Nathaniel MG Cup 3rd Rd has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Holywell if we beat Newton in the 2nd Rd later on today.

Newton (A) Nathaniel MG Cup 2nd Rd

A cracking start saw us a goal up within a minute as C.Seargeant ran through the defence with ease and fired under the keeper. On the 15th minute it was two one with G.Draper rising above the keeper and heading in a R.Parry cross. We were all over Newton and on the 33rd minute G.Draper came close to grabbing another goal with a rasping effort which saw the Newton keeper at full stretch to save.

The second half was four minutes old when we grabbed the third goal as J.Routledge curled a brilliant effort from 20 yards after running onto a loose ball. We were all over Newton and on the 67th minute we had another chance with S.Quigley beating the offside trap but his final effort went well wide of the post. With six minutes remaining in the game we had our final effort as G.Draper slotted home from close range but his goal was ruled out for offside.

Newton 0-3 TNS C.Seargeant 1, G.Draper 15, J.Routledge 49

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, P.Baker (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, J.Routledge, A.Edwards (N.Craig), R.Parry (C.Rawlinson), S.Quigley, G.Draper

September 2016:

September 1st:

Injury news sees R.Brobbel back to full training after his strained ligaments injury

September 3rd:

The draw for the Scottish League Challenge Cup 4th Rd has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Ladbrokes League One Alloa

Rhyl (H) (3/32)

Two minutes into the game we took the lead as S.Quigley beat the offside trap and fired under the keeper. On the 19th minute we had another chance as R.Parry threaded the ball to the feet of S.Quigley but his effort went just wide of the post, Twelve minutes later G.Draper came close as he rose above the defence and headed an A.Edwards cross just over the crossbar.

The second half was three minutes old when we finally doubled our lead as R.Parry jinked in from the wing and fired a low shot past the keeper. It was getting too easy and just after the hour we made it three nil as J.Routledge hit a thunderous free-kick past the Rhyl keeper after N.Craig was brought down on the way too goal. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we grabbed one more goal as J.Routledge ran onto a N.Craig through-ball and fired with pace past the Rhyl keeper

TNS 4-0 Rhyl S.Quigley 2, R.Parry 48, J.Routledge 62, 78

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender (S.Saunders), A.Evans, C.Stone, C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (N.Craig), J.Routledge, A.Edwards (J.Mullan), R.Parry, S.Quigley, G.Draper

Booked: R.Barry

Andy Leach my physio has informed me that G.Draper will be out for around a 12 days after suffering a bruised head during the match

September 6th:

The physio has let me know that new signing C.Stone has picked up a sports hernia and will be out for up to two months.

September 10th:

Llandudno (A) (4/32)

It took us six minutes to open the scoring as J.Routledge jinked into the area and fired under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance as L.Elford-Alliyu beat the offside trap but fired just wide of the post. On the 21st minute I was forced into a change as N.Craig replaced the injured J.Routledge. Four minutes later we grabbed another goal as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a R.Parry through-ball and slotted home past the keeper. We were all over Llandudno and on the 42nd minute we came close to scoring another goal but S.Quigley rattled the crossbar from six yards.

The second half was eleven minutes old when we added goal number three as C.Seargeant hit home from close range after C.Marriott's looping cross beat the defence with ease. On the 59th minute we added another goal with L.Elford-Alliyu grabbing his second of the game. Six minutes later the final goal was scored as J.Mullan showed some place to beat the defence to a N.Craig cross and headed past the keeper.

Llandudno 0-5 TNS J.Routledge 6, L.Elford-Alliyu 25, 59, C.Seargeant 56, J.Mullan 65

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, R.Pryce (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, J.Routledge (inj 21-N.Craig), A.Edwards, R.Parry (J.Mullan), S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu

Booked: R.Pryce, A.Evans

The physio has informed me that J.Routledge will be out for around 5-6 months after breaking his foot, I have sent the player to specialist in the hope that it speeds up his recovery

September 15th:

West Ham (H) Europa League Grp A (1/6)

Ten minutes into the game West Ham took the lead as D.Payet hit a free-kick past P.Harrison from 25 yards after A.Evans fouled. On the 20th minute West Ham grabbed another goal with S.Feghouli headed in from close range after my defence was ripped apart with ease. Five minutes later it was 3-0 as S.Zaza jinked into the area and hit a low effort past my keeper. It was getting embarrassing and on the 43rd minute we came close to losing another goal but P.Harrison pulled off a wonderful save to deny the West Ham side.

The second half was much the same with West Ham dominating and on the hour they made it 4-0 with a low shot which saw P.Harrison beaten at his near post. On the 77th minute we had the referee to thank as he ruled a West Ham goal out for a foul on S.Spender. With two minutes remaining in the game West Ham came close to making it five nil but P.Harrison made a world class save to deny the West Ham strike force

TNS 0-4 West Ham D.Payet 10, S.Feghouli 20, S.Zaza 25, 60

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, R.Pryce (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, N.Craig, A.Edwards, R.Parry (R.Brobbel), S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu (G.Draper)

Booked: A.Edwards, S.Spender

More injury news sees G.Draper out for around 5-6 week after pulling his hamstring late in the defeat against West Ham. Also A.Edwards will miss the next European game after receiving his third yellow card

September 18th:

Airbus UK (A) (5/32)

Six minutes into the game we came close to opening the scoring with a low effort from L.Elford-Alliyu but the Airbus keeper managed to tip it round the post. On the 15th minute it was Airbus who grabbed the opener as T.Matthews diverted a R.Parry effort past his own keeper for an own goal. Twelve minutes later we had another effort as A.Edwards rose above the defence and headed a C.Marriott cross just wide of the post. Just before the break we had another effort with a thunderous shot from S.Quigley which was well saved by the keeper.

The second half was much of the same with a some dominant play by my side and on the 64th minute C.Marriott fed the ball to the feet of W.Fletcher who lashed the ball just over the crossbar. Ten minutes later C.Seargeant had the chance to score but yet again the Airbus keeper was on hand to block the effort. With four minutes remaining in the game we finally grabbed the killer goal as W.Fletcher rose above the defence and headed in a R.Parry cross.

Airbus UK 0-2 TNS T.Matthews og 15, W.Fletcher 86

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, R.Pryce (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, N.Craig (R.Brobbel), A.Edwards, R.Parry, S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu (W.Fletcher)

September 21st:

The draw for the Nathaniel MG Cup Semi Final has taken place and we will face Berriew at home if we beat Holywell later on today.

Holywell (H) Nathaniel MG Cup 3rd Rd

We made it look too easy as we dominated the Holywell side and on the 18th minute R.Parry grabbed the lead as he ran in from the byline and curled the ball past the keeper. Soon after we had another shot with S.Quigley heading a N.Craig cross wide of the post when it was easier to score. We were all over the visitors and with three minutes remaining in the half L.Elford-Alliyu had a goal disallowed for offside after he was adjudged to have time his run onto a C.Marriott through-ball wrong.

The second half was nine minutes old when we made it 2-0 as L.Elford-Alliyu got his timing right this time to run through onto a C.Seargeant cross and fired under the onrushing keeper. Holywell weren't getting near the ball and with twelve minutes remaining in the game we found the net again as C.Seargeant curled in a free-kick from 25 yards after L.Elford-Alliyu was fouled.

TNS 3-0 Holywell R.Parry 18, L.Elford-Alliyu 54, C.Seargeant 78

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, R.Pryce (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, N.Craig (R.Brobbel), A.Edwards (C.Rawlinson), R.Parry, S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu

Booked: C.Rawlinson, A.Evans

September 24th:

Bangor (A) (6/32)

Eight minutes into the game we were ahead as S.Quigley made light work of the Bangor defence and BANGED the ball into the back of the net. However on the 19th minute Bangor were awarded a penalty after J.Jones fouled in the area, D.Nardiello stepped up and fired towards goal but P.Harrison saved well to deny him. After the penalty save we controlled the game but it took till the 43rd minute for us to grab our next goal as L.Elford-Alliyu fired in with pace past the keeper. On the stroke of half time we made it 3-0 as L.Elford-Alliyu scored again to silence the few fans that had turned up.

The second half was much the same as we dominated and on the 54th minute we grabbed our fourth goal as L.Elford-Alliyu completed his hat-trick with a brave header from A.Edwards cross. Bangor weren't getting much of the ball and on the 67th minute S.Quigley came close to grabbing his second goal of the game but his long range effort was easily saved by the keeper. With three minutes remaining in the game the final goal was scored as Bangor pulled a goal back as J.Watkins fired in from close range after by defence seemed to fall asleep

Bangor 1-4 TNS J.Watkins 87 / S.Quigley 8, L.Elford-Alliyu 43, 45, 54

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (R.Brobbel), N.Craig, A.Edwards, R.Parry (W.Fletcher), S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu

September 29th:

FCP (A) Europa League Grp A (2/6)

We were outclassed again in the Europa League as Porto dominated with ease. It took them till the 22nd minute to open the scoring as S.Oliveira beat the offside trap and fired under P.Harrison. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a rasping effort which had P.Harrison at full stretch to save. We were being battered and with two minutes remaining in the half C.Awaziem headed in from a corner after my defence seemed to be half asleep.

The second half was much the same as Porto continued to control the play but we played a lot better defensively but on the 75th minute S.Oliveira grabbed his second of the game with a well struck effort which most keepers in the world would have struggled to save. With four minutes remaining in the game Porto were awarded a penalty after S.Saunders fouled just inside the area, S.Oliveira stepped up for the penalty but P.Harrison guessed right and denied the striker his hat-trick

FCP 3-0 TNS S.Oliveira 22, 75, C.Awaziem 43

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, N.Craig (R.Brobbel), J.Mullan, R.Parry, S.Quigley (W.Fletcher), L.Elford-Alliyu

End of Month Review:

Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+3pts)

JD Welsh Cup: Not entered yet

Nathaniel MG Cup: Semi Final

Scottish League Challenge Cup: Not entered yet

European Champions Cup: Knocked out in the Champions Play-off (v Olympiakos)

Europa League: Group Stage

October 2016:

October 1st:

The monthly awards have been handed out and S.Quigley has been awarded the Dafabet Welsh Premier League Player of the Month and I have been awarded the Manager of the Month

October 3rd:

The draw for the JD Welsh Cup 3rd Round has taken place and we will be facing a home tie against Flint Town United.

October 4th:

Carmarthen (A) (7/32)

Four minutes into the game we took the lead as S.Quigley ran through onto a C.Marriott through-ball and fired under the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance with L.Elford-Alliyu heading wide from a J.Mullan cross. We were making in look easy and n the 22nd minute R.Parry made it 2-0 with a brave header from a C.Marriott corner. Carmarthen weren't getting close to the ball and on the 33rd minute L.Elford-Alliyu fired in our third of the game after beating the defence to a loose ball. With six minutes remaining in the half we added a further goal with S.Quigley nodding in his second of the game.

The second half saw my players relax far too much and Carmarthen started to up their game. Just after the hour they pulled a goal back as A.Smith showed some skill to beat my defence and fired with power past P.Harrison. It was becoming alittle too easy for the home side but with eleven minutes remaining in the game D.Mennix picked up second yellow of the game was duly sent off. However deep into injury time Carmarthen pulled another goal back as K.Lewis fired in but it was too little too late. After the game I was furious with the players for their second half effort

Carmarthen 2-4 TNS A.Smith 61, K.Lewis 90+5 / S.Quigley 4, 39, R.Parry 22, L.Elford-Alliyu 33

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, N.Craig, J.Mullan (R.Brobbel), R.Parry, S.Quigley (W.Fletcher), L.Elford-Alliyu

Booked: C.Marriott, S.Saunders

October 8th:

Alloa (H) Scottish Challenge Cup 4th Rd

We now welcomed Scottish side Alloa to our ground for this 4th Round Challenge Cup tie. The opening exchanges were pretty even with neither my side or the Alloa side really getting any further than the middle third of the pitch. It was on the 24th minute that the opening goal was eventually scored as S.Ross fired with power under the body of P.Harrison. Six minutes later they had another chance with a rasping effort which had P.Harrison at full stretch to save. With eight minutes remaining in the half we levelled the scores as L.Elford-Alliyu showed some great pace to beat the defence to a loose ball and wasted no time in firing under the onrushing keeper.

The second half was again mainly centred in the middle third of the pitch and in truth not a lot of action occurred until a minute into injury time as L.Elford-Alliyu headed home a C.Marriott cross to send the fans wild. However we let ourselves down as straight from kick off Alloa piled upfield and J.Longworth slotted home past P.Harrison to silence the home crowd and send the game into extra time.

However extra time was much the same as the game with neither my side or the Alloa side giving an inch so it would have to be decided by penalties.

L.Elford-Alliyu was first up and wasted no time in firing with power past the keeper. (1-0)

S.Ross was first for Alloa and he fired with power past my keeper (1-1)

C.Seargeant stepped up next and hit the penalty with pace past the Alloa keeper (2-1)

J.Scullion was next for the Scottish side and he cheekily dinked the ball down the middle of the goal (2-2)

S.Quigley looked confident as he stepped up and it showed with a powerful penalty into the bottom corner (3-2)

S.Hetherington ran up and hit home just past P.Harrison (3-3)

C.Marriott was our next taker and slotted confidently past the Alloa keeper (4-3)

J.Longworth wasted no time with his penalty as he powered it past my keeper and into the back of the net (4-4)

S.Spender was next up however his penalty was wide of the post (4-4)

K.Crawley was up for Alloa knowing if he scored Alloa would go through but P.Harrison had other ideas as he tipped the ball around the post with ease (4-4)

C.Rawlinson stepped up for the first sudden death penalty but it was pretty damn poor and was easily saved by the Alloa keeper (4-4)

J.Marr was next for Alloa and he hit his penalty with power towards goal but despite getting a finger on it P.Harrison couldn't stop it going into the goal to send Alloa through(4-5)

TNS 2-2 Alloa L.Elford-Alliyu 37, 90+1 / S.Ross 24, J.Longworth 90+2

Alloa go through 5-4 on penalties

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, N.Craig (R.Brobbel), J.Mullan (C.Rawlinson), R.Parry, S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu

Booked: R.Brobbel

October 10th:

The clubs physio Andy Leach has informed me that P.Harrison will be out for around 5-6 days after cutting his hand in training

October 11th:

Cefn Druids (H) (8/32)

The midweek extra time match seemed too have taken something out of the players as we struggled to get our passing game going. It took us till just before the half time interval for us to create a chance as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a loose pass but his effort was pretty dire and it went bobble wide of the post.

The second half wasn't much better with some more poor play the only difference to the first half was that we failed to get close to having an effort. Luckily for us Cefn Druids were just as bad and never came close to scoring

TNS 0-0 Cefn Druids

C.Mullock, S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott (capt), C.Seargeant, N.Craig, J.Mullan (R.Brobbel), R.Parry, S.Quigley (W.Fletcher), L.Elford-Alliyu

Booked: R.Brobbel, C.Marriott

October 14th:

Newtown (H) (9/32)

A slightly better performance by my side as we controlled the play. However it took us till the 35th minute for us to have our first chance with S.Quigley rising above the defence and heading a C.Seargeant cross just over the crossbar.

The second half saw us continuing to dominate and on the 64th minute we came close to grabbing the lead as R.Brobbel beat the offside trap but his final effort saw the keeper wide of the post. Seven minutes later we had our next chance as R.Parry was brought down in the area for a penalty, L.Elford-Alliyu stepped up and fired with pace past the keeper to give us the lead. We had one final chance to score again as L.Elford-Alliyu tried his luck from outside the area but the keeper managed to tip it over the crossbar

TNS 1-0 Newtown L.Elford-Alliyu 71 pen

C.Mullock, S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott (capt), C.Seargeant, N.Craig (R.Brobbel), J.Mullan (C.Rawlinson), R.Parry, S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu

Booked: S.Spender

October 18th:

I have been informed that C.Stone has resumed full training after his recent sports hernia, however striker W.Fletcher will be out for around 4-8 weeks with a groin strain

October 20th:

Standard (H) Europa League Grp A (3/6)

Standard started the better and on the 13th minute they came close to opening the scoring as they beat the offside trap but luckily for us P.Harrison managed to tip the ball around the post. Nine minutes later Standard took the lead as I.Bandalovski ran into the area unmarked and fired with pace past the keeper. On the 27th minute we went a further goal down as I.Belfodil headed in a cross which my defence seemed to be half asleep. Standard were all over us and just before the break we came close to losing another goal but P.Harrison saved the day with a world class save.

The second half wasn't much better as we struggled to get going. On the 55th minute though Standard were reduced to ten men after Wallyson was sent off for a two footed lunge. Eight minutes later they still had another chance to score with a powerful effort which had P.Harrison at full stretch to save. We weren't getting close to scoring but with five minutes remaining in the game we pulled a goal back after we countered the Standard team and S.Quigley fired in but that was our solitary effort on goal all game

TNS 1-2 Standard S.Quigley 85 / I.Bandalovski 22, I.Belfodil 27

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (R.Brobbel), N.Craig, J.Mullan (G.Draper), R.Parry, S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu

Booked: J.Jones, S.Spender, N.Craig

October 23rd:

Aberystwyth (A) (10/32)

The midweek game again seemed to effect us as we struggled to get going and it took us till the 38th minute for us to have the first chance of the game as L.Elford-Alliyu ran through the defence and fired towards goal but the keeper saved well.

The second half much the same with some very poor play and neither my side or the Aberystwyth side failed to get out of the middle third of the pitch. We however managed to win the game as on the 89th minute S.Quigley pounced on a keeping error to fire with pace past the keeper. Not a great game for the fans

Aberystwyth 0-1 TNS S.Quigley 89

P.Harrison (capt), S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant, N.Craig, J.Mullan (R.Brobbel), R.Parry, S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu (G.Draper)

Booked: S.Saunders

October 29th:

Bala (A) (11/32)

Ten minutes into the game we had our first chance as L.Elford-Alliyu ran into the area unmarked and fired a R.Parry towards goal but his effort was easily saved by the keeper. On the 17th minute we had another chance with R.Parry again supplying a great cross but L.Elford-Alliyu again failed to connect with the cross. Four minutes later we finally took the lead as S.Quigley ran onto a N.Craig through-ball and slotted the ball under the keeper with ease. We were keeping the ball away from Bala with ease and on the 39th minute we had yet another chance to score but L.Elford-Alliyu curled the ball wide of the post from ten yards.

The second half was again all us and on the 56th minute we had another effort with G.Draper threading the ball to the feet of S.Quigley who lashed the ball straight into the arms of the keeper. Bala never came close to the ball and on the 69th minute we added goal number two with C.Seargeant curling in a free-kick from 30 yards after G.Draper was hauled down. With ten minutes remaining in the game we had our final chance with a long range effort from R.Brobbel which had the Bala keeper at full stretch to save.

Bala 0-2 TNS S.Quigley 21, C.Seargeant 69

P.Harrison, S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (capt), N.Craig, J.Mullan (R.Brobbel), R.Parry, S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu (G.Draper)

Booked: J.Mullan, L.Elford-Alliyu

End of Month Review:

Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+10pts)

JD Welsh Cup: 3rd Rd

Nathaniel MG Cup: Semi Final

Scottish League Challenge Cup: Knocked out in 4th Rd (v Alloa)

Europa League: Group Stage

November 2016:

November 1st:

The monthly awards have been handed out and Scott Quigley has won the Dafabet Welsh Premier League Player of the Month and I have been awarded the Manager award.

November 3rd:

Standard (A) Europa League Grp A (4/6)

Standard were again a lot better than us and on the 15th minute they had the chance to open the scoring as they beat my offside trap but P.Harrison managed to save the day with a world class save. However twelve minutes later we conceded a silly goal as E.Junior capitalized on a poor pass by A.Evans to fire in under P.Harrison. On the stroke of half time they had another chance as they broke through my defence with ease but yet again P.Harrison saved the day with a brave save.

The second half was much the same as Standard battered us and just after the hour they made it two nil as F.Bahlouli barged into the area and slotted home from close range. On the 77th minute we came close to losing another goal with a rasping effort which was saved again by P.Harrison who rightly deserved the Man of the Match award after the game

Standard 2-0 TNS E.Junior 27, F.Bahlouli 61

P.Harrison, S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (capt), N.Craig, J.Mullan (R.Brobbel), R.Parry, S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu (G.Draper)

Booked: N.Craig, A.Evans, C.Seargeant

The result means we can no longer progress past the group stage, which in truth I never expected anyway

• 3 weeks later...

November 6th:

Flint Town (H) JD Welsh Cup 3rd Rd

A poor start saw Flint Town taking the lead within five minutes as M.Cadwallader ran through the defence with ease and fired under P.Harrison. Soon after they came close again with a thunderous effort which rattled off the crossbar. We weren't performing at all and on the 33rd minute Flint had another chance as they broke through the defence with ease but P.Harrison again saved the day. During the interval I was far from pleased with the performance and let the players know exactly how I felt.

The second half was four minutes old when we levelled the scores as R.Brobbel showed some skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing past the Flint keeper. After the goal we started to up the ante and control the game. Just after the hour we had another chance with a long range effort from R.Parry which had the Flint keeper at full stretch to save. On the 75th minute the winning goal was scored as we countered a Flint attack and G.Draper headed in from a N.Craig cross.

TNS 2-1 Flint Town R.Brobbel 49, G.Draper 75 / M.Cadwallader 5

P.Harrison, S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (R.Brobbel), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (capt), N.Craig, J.Mullan (S.Saunders), R.Parry, S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu (G.Draper)

November 7th:

The draw for the JD Welsh Cup 4th Rd sees us facing an away tie against Premier League side Airbus UK

November 9th:

Connah's Quay (H) (12/32)

The first wasn't the best for us as we struggled to get any sort of rhythm however on the 23rd minute we managed to score as A.Evans diverted a long range effort past his own keeper to give Connah's Quay the lead. Soon after they had the chance to double the lead but P.Harrison was on hand to block the effort.

The second half was a different story as within four minutes of the restart we grabbed the equaliser as N.Craig headed in a S.Quigley cross. On the hour we had another chance to score with a powerful effort from C.Seargeant which had the keeper at full stretch to save. On the 71st minute the game saw another own goal as G.Horan headed in past his keeper to give us the lead. We were controlling the game and with two minutes remaining S.Quigley grabbed the third goal to give us all three points

TNS 3-1 Connah's Quay N.Craig 49, G.Horan 71 og, S.Quigley 88 / A.Evans 23 og

P.Harrison, S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (capt), N.Craig, J.Mullan, R.Parry (R.Brobbel), S.Quigley, L.Elford-Alliyu (G.Draper)

Booked: A.Evans

November 12th:

Rhyl (A) (13/32)

Another poor start saw us a goal down within three minutes as C.Lamb beat my offside trap and fired with pace under P.Harrison. On the 29th minute they had another chance as they broke through the defence again and fire past my keeper but not the upright. Just before the break they had another chance to score as my defence yet again fell asleep but P.Harrison was alert enough to block the effort.

The second half was much the same with my players just not performing but luckily for us Rhyl's strikers weren't getting through the defence well apart from the 79th minute when they managed to break through and C.Lamb fired in to give them a 2-0 victory

Rhyl 2-0 TNS C.Lamb 3, 79

P.Harrison, S.Spender, A.Evans, J.Jones (S.Saunders), C.Marriott, C.Seargeant (capt), N.Craig (J.Mullan), R.Brobbel, R.Parry (C.Rawlinson), S.Quigley, G.Draper

After the game I was informed that striker W.Fletcher has resumed full training after being out for three weeks with a groin strain

November 15th:

Berriew (H) Nathaniel MG Cup Semi Final

Another early goal by the opposition but this time it gave us the lead as M.Alzlewood diverted past his own keeper from a C.Rawlinson cross. On the 19th minute the next goal was scored as R.Parry jinked into the area and fired with precision past the Berriew keeper. Soon after we came close to grabbing another goal with a thunderous effort from W.Fletcher which saw the keeper diving to save. With nine minutes remaining in the half though Berriew pulled a goal back as L.Murphy headed in from close range to give P.Harrison no chance of saving.

The second half was all my side and on the 54th minute we added another goal as J.Mullan ran onto a through-ball and dinked the ball over the keeper. Twelve minutes later R.Parry added his second goal of the game with a powerful effort from outside the area. It was just too easy for my players and on the 78th minute R.Parry completed his hat-trick with a low effort which beat the keeper at his near post.

TNS 5-1 Berriew M.Alzlewood 3 og, R.Parry 19, 66, 78, J.Mullan 54 / L.Murphy 36

P.Harrison (capt), S.Saunders, P.Baker, R.Pryce (S.Spender), C.Marriott, J.Farleigh (J.Mullan), R.Brobbel, C.Rawlinson, R.Parry, W.Fletcher, A.Darlington (G.Draper)

After the game I have been informed that we will be facing Merthyr Town in the Final on Sunday 22nd January 2017

November 19th:

Llandudno (H) (14/32)

Nine minutes into the game we took the lead after W.Fletcher fired in from the penalty spot due to A.Darlington being brought down in the area. However on the 18th minute Llandudno equalised as M.Williams barged through my defence with ease and fired past the keeper. After the equaliser my players upped their game and with five minutes remaining in the half R.Brobbel gave us the lead with a brave header from a C.Rawlinson cross.

The second half was all my side as we controlled the play with real ease and just after the hour we were awarded another penalty after G.Draper's long range effort was handled, however W.Fletcher fluffed his penalty and it went well wide of the post. With eight minutes remaining in the game we grabbed our third and final goal of the game as G.Draper slotted in from six yards after running onto a loose ball

TNS 3-1 Llandudno W.Fletcher 9 pen, R.Brobbel 40, G.Draper 82 / M.Williams 18

P.Harrison (capt), S.Saunders, P.Baker, R.Pryce (N.Craig), C.Marriott, J.Farleigh (J.Mullan), R.Brobbel, C.Rawlinson, R.Parry, W.Fletcher, A.Darlington (G.Draper)

November 24th:

West Ham United (A) Europa League Grp A (5/6)

Within a minute of the start West Ham took the lead as S.Zaza curled in past my keeper. On the 3rd minute it was two nil with a rasping effort from S.Zaza. West Ham were all over us and on the 20th minute S.Zaza completed his hat-trick with a thunderous effort which gave my keeper no chance of saving. Three minutes later they grabbed yet another goal with S.Zaza grabbing his fourth of the game. It was getting embarrassing and on the 25th minute M.Lanzini headed in his first of the game and West Hams fifth. Seven minutes later the same player grabbed another goal with a low shot which P.Harrison should have saved. Luckily we made it to the half time interval without conceding another goal. Three minutes into the half West Ham scored again as S.Feghouli heading in from close range. On the 52nd minute S.Zaza scored his fifth of the game with a curling effort which gave my keeper little chance of saving. Two minutes later M.Lanzini completed his hat-trick with a simple tap in after my whole defence seemed to fall asleep. West Ham were battering us and on the 56th minute C.Kouyate slotted in to make it 10-0. A minute after the goal we were reduced to ten men after C.Rawlinson was sent off for a second yellow card. On the 66th minute the next goal was scored as R.Oxford jinked into the area and fired with pace under P.Harrison. Three minutes later M.Lanzini grabbed his fourth of the game after beating my defence to a loose ball and he wasted no time in firing past my keeper. On the 76th minute we conceded yet another goal with J.Celleri barged through my effort of a defence and slotted in from six yards, two minutes later J.Celleri headed in a his second of the game after my defence seemed to have fallen asleep. With two minutes remaining in the game their was one final goal as J.Celleri completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot after A.Edwards handled in the area to complete a complete embarrassment of a game (Just a note to say this is the biggest defeat I ever been handed in the game)

West Ham United 15-0 TNS S.Zaza 1, 3, 20, 23, 52, M.Lanzini 25, 32, 54, 69, S.Feghouli 48, C.Kouyate 56, R.Oxford 66, J.Celleri 76, 78, 88 pen

P.Harrison (capt), S.Saunders, P.Baker, R.Pryce (A.Edwards), C.Marriott, J.Farleigh, R.Brobbel, C.Rawlinson, R.Parry, W.Fletcher (N.Craig), A.Darlington (G.Draper)

Booked: C.Rawlinson (2)

Sent Off: C.Rawlinson

I can't really repeat what they were shouting

November 27th:

Airbus UK (H) (15/32)

After the disaster against West Ham we needed to get back on track and we did that as within a minute of the kick off L.Elford-Alliyu had given us the lead with a well struck effort from inside the area which gave the keeper no chance of saving. On the 17th minute we made it two nil with W.Fletcher doing the honours from eighteen yards after beating the defence to a simple ball. Four minutes later R.Brobbel grabbed our third goal with a thunderous strike from 25 yards after seeing the keeper off his line. We were dominating the game with ease and on the stroke of half time we came close to grabbing another goal but the Airbus keeper saved brilliantly from L.Elford-Alliyu to deny him.

The second half saw us carry on the domination but it took till three minutes from time for us to grab the final goal as L.Elford-Alliyu scored his second of the game with a low shot which beat the keeper with ease. A much better performance that the West Ham game

TNS 4-0 Airbus UK L.Elford-Alliyu 1, 87, W.Fletcher 17, R.Brobbel 21

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender (A.Edwards), C.Marriott, R.Brobbel (J.Mullan), N.Craig, C.Stone, C.Seargeant (capt), W.Fletcher (S.Quigley), L.Elford-Alliyu

End of Month Review:

Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+9pts)

JD Welsh Cup: 4th Rd

Nathaniel MG Cup: Final

Europa League: Knocked out in Group Stage

December 2016:
December 2nd:
Bangor City (H) (16/32)
A dominant performance saw us keeping the ball away from Bangor however it took till the 35th minute to open the scoring as L.Elford-Alliyu hit a curling effort past the keeper. Soon after we came close to another goal with a powerful effort from W.Fletcher rattling the upright from outside the area.
The second half was much the same and on the 56th minute L.Elford-Alliyu headed in a C.Stone cross. It was far too easy for us and on the 64th minute we were awarded a penalty as S.Quigley was brought down in the area, L.Elford-Alliyu stepped up and fire in from the spot. Twelve minutes later C.Marriott had the chance to make it four goals but the Bangor keeper saved well from a free-kick. With six minutes remaining in the game we made it 4-0 as L.Elford-Alliyu fired in his fourth goal of the game from just inside the area

TNS 4-0 Bangor City L.Elford-Alliyu 35, 56, 64 pen, 84

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender (A.Edwards), C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig, C.Stone, C.Seargeant (capt) (R.Parry), W.Fletcher (S.Quigley), L.Elford-Alliyu

December 8th:
FCP (H)  Europa League Grp A (6/6) 
Another European game and another showing of how far behind we are. Porto dominated the game with real ease and on the 20th minute we were a goal down as Oliver made a mockery of the defence to lash the ball into the back of the net. Just after the half hour it was two nil with M.Layun doing the honours from the spot after S.Saunders fouled in the area.
The second half wasn't much better and on the 56th minute A.Silva headed in from a corner to make it three nil. Porto carried on the forward pressure and with eleven minutes remaining in the game  A.Silva grabbed his second of the game with a well struck effort from outside the area. The final goal came on the 83rd minute as A.Silva completed his hat-trick from close range to end our European adventure without a single point.

TNS 0-5 FCP Oliver 20, M.Layun 31 pen, A.Silva 56, 79, 83

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender (A.Edwards), C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig (J.Mullan), C.Stone, C.Seargeant (capt), W.Fletcher (G.Draper), L.Elford-Alliyu

Booked: C.Stone, N.Craig

After the game I was informed that N.Craig will miss his next European game after picking up three yellow cards

Europa League:Group A
1st – West Ham (15pts)
2nd – FCP (15pts)
3rd – Standard (6pts)
4th – TNS (0pts)

December 11th:
Cefn Druids (A) (17/32)
The game was pretty open and on the 10th minute we had the first chance as L.Elford-Alliyu beat the offside trap and fired towards goal but the Druids keeper managed to block the effort. Twelve minutes later though we took the lead as W.Fletcher ran onto a C.Seargeant through-ball and fired under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a powerful effort from outside the area but the Druids keeper saved well to deny C.Stone. On the 34th minute though Druids equalised as they countered us and A.Bowen fired past the keeper.
The second half was the complete opposite as the game tightened up with neither my side or the Druids side creating another chance.

Cefn Druids 1-1 TNS A.Bowen 34 / W.Fletcher 22

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig (A.Edwards), C.Stone (J.Mullan), C.Seargeant (capt), W.Fletcher, L.Elford-Alliyu (S.Quigley)

Booked: C.Stone

December 14th:
Injury news sees R.Parry out for around 5-6 weeks after pulling his hamstring in training

December 17th:

Carmarthen (H) (18/32)

Five minutes into the game Carmarthen took the lead as L.Thomas fired in from the penalty spot after S.Spender handled in the area. On the 23rd minute Carmarthen had another chance as a poor pass by C.Marriott was intercepted and fired towards goal but P.Harrison saved well to deny them. Just before the break we finally had our first chance as L.Elford-Alliyu beat the offside trap and fired under the keeper but the ball went just wide of the post.

The second half was much the same with Carmarthen dominating but on the 63rd minute my side grabbed the equaliser as L.Elford-Alliyu headed in a C.Seargeant cross. Our joy didn't last long as eleven minutes later Carmarthen took the lead as K.Lewis beat the offside trap to slot home past P.Harrison to claim all three points.

TNS 1-2 Carmarthen L.Elford-Alliyu 63 / L.Thomas 5 pen, K.Lewis 74

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig (C.Stone), J.Mullan (A.Edwards), C.Seargeant (capt), S.Quigley (G.Draper), L.Elford-Alliyu

December 25th:

I got a phone call from the physio to let me know that S.Quigley has picked up a virus and will be away from the club for around three weeks. (Any excuse not to play over Christmas)

December 26th:
Cardiff Met Uni (H) (19/32)
The first of a double header with Cardiff Met Uni and we controlled this game with real ease. On the 21st minute we took the lead as G.Draper beat the offside trap and fired past the keeper from ten yards. Soon after we had another chance with a long range effort from L.Elford-Alliyu which had the keeper at full stretch to save. We were all over the Cardiff side and deep into injury time we added our second goal as G.Draper ran onto a C.Seargeant pass and fired under the onrushing keeper.
The second half was much the same with some dominant play and on the 63rd minute we had another chance with C.Stone curling in a free-kick just over the crossbar after W.Fletcher was brought down on the way too goal. Seven minutes later though we were awarded a dodgy penalty after W.Fletcher was adjudged to be fouled in the area, G.Draper stepped up and fired the penalty past the keeper. Cardiff weren't getting close to the ball and on the stroke of full time C.Stone headed in from a C.Seargeant corner after G.Draper's initial effort was well saved

TNS 4-0 Cardiff Met Uni G.Draper 21, 45+2, 70 pen, C.Stone 90+1

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig (A.Edwards), J.Mullan (C.Stone), C.Seargeant (capt), G.Draper, L.Elford-Alliyu (W.Fletcher)

Injury news sees S.Spender out for around a week after receiving a dead leg late in the game 

End of Month Review:
JD Welsh Cup:  4th Rd
Nathaniel MG Cup: Final 
European Champions Cup: Knocked out in the Champions Play-off  (v Olympiakos)

January 2017:
January 1st:
The end of month awards have been handed out and  L.Elford-Alliyu has been awarded the Dafabet Welsh Premier League Player of the Month 

January 2nd:
Cardiff Met Uni (A) (20/32)
Three minutes into the game we grabbed the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a R.Brobbel through-ball and dinked over the onrushing keeper. On the 14th minute it was two nil with L.Elford-Alliyu grabbed his second of the game with a fine strike which gave the keeper little chance of saving. Eight minutes later it was three nil with R.Brobbel running in from the wing and firing into the top corner. It was complete domination and with nine minutes remaining in the half we made it 4-0 as L.Elford-Alliyu grabbed his hat-trick with a powerful effort strike.
The second half had barely started with we added a further goal as G.Draper rose above the defence and headed in from a J.Mullan's corner. Cardiff Met never came close to the ball and on the 66th minute C.Seargeant made fired in another goal with a low shot which rattled in off the upright. The final goal of the game was scored with four minutes remaining as L.Elford-Alliyu curling in his fourth of the game. 

Cardiff Met Uni 0-7 TNS L.Elford-Alliyu 3, 14, 36, 86, R.Brobbel 22, G.Draper 46, C.Seargeant 66

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig (A.Edwards), J.Mullan (C.Stone), C.Seargeant (capt), G.Draper (W.Fletcher), L.Elford-Alliyu

January 4th:
Injury news sees the return to full training of J.Routledge after four months out with a broken foot

January 6th:
Newtown (A) (21/32)
Two minutes into the game we took the lead as R.Brobbel ran into the area unmarked and headed in a C.Seargeant cross. It didn't take long till we had our next chance with a rasping effort from L.Elford-Alliyu which had the keeper at full stretch to save. We were controlling the game with ease and on the 32nd minute we made it two nil with a curling free-kick from R.Brobbel after G.Draper was brought down on the way too goal.
The second half was much the same as we carried on the forward pressure and on the hour we had another chance with W.Fletcher trying his luck from outside the area but the keeper saved well to deny him. We had one final effort in the game as on the 84th minute G.Draper hit the crossbar from the edge of the area after beating the keeper.

Newtown 0-2 TNS R.Brobbel 2, 32

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig (J.Routledge), J.Mullan (A.Edwards), C.Seargeant (capt), G.Draper, L.Elford-Alliyu (W.Fletcher)

January 10th:
The physio has informed me that S.Quigley has resumed full training following his recent spell out with a virus. We also welcome back R.Parry after a month out with a hamstring injury. 

January 14th:

Aberystwyth (H) (22/32)

Nine minutes into the game we took the lead as C.Seargeant jinked in from the wing and fired under the keeper. On the 23rd minute we had our next effort as C.Seargeant tried his luck again from outside the area but the crossbar denied him. Nine minutes later Aberystwyth came close with a powerful shot which had P.Harrison at full stretch to tip the ball over the crossbar. We didn't learn our lesson as with three minutes remaining in the half L.Sherbon beat the offside trap and fired under P.Harrison.

The second half started with my side coming close as on the 47th minute L.Elford-Alliyu beat the keeper with a powerful effort but the ball went just wide of the upright. Twelve minutes later though Aberystwyth came close with a low shot which beat P.Harrison but the ball clipped the upright. On the 79th minute we had the final chance of the game as L.Elford-Alliyu ran through the defence with ease but he somehow failed to hit the target from six yards

TNS 1-1 Aberystwyth C.Seargeant 9 / L.Sherbon 42

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig (C.Stone), C.Rawlinson (J.Routledge), C.Seargeant (capt), G.Draper (W.Fletcher), L.Elford-Alliyu

However other injury news sees C.Rawlinson out for around 4-5 weeks with a chest injury

Now the table splits into two for the final ten games with the top six teams playing in the Premier League Championship Conference and the bottom six side playing in the Premier League Play-off Conference

The top six sides are as follows:

TNS (52pts), Bala (40pts), Bangor City (37pts), Carmarthen (35pts), Rhyl (33pts), Airbus UK (30pts)

The bottom six sides are as follows:

Newtown (25pts), Aberystwyth (25pts), Cefn Druids (24pts), Llandudno (24pts), Connah's Quay (23pts), Cardiff Met Uni (13pts)

January 18th:

More injury news sees P.Baker out for around 7-8 weeks after suffering from a hernia

January 22nd:

Merthyr T (The Gnoll, Neath) Nathaniel MG Cup Final

A great start to the game saw us taking the lead on the 11th minute as J.Routledge beat the offside trap and fired under the body of T.Sampson. Eight minutes later we had another chance with A.Evans heading a C.Marriott cross just wide of the post. It was becoming too easy and on the half hour C.Seargeant made it two nil with a thunderous effort from outside the area which gave the keeper little chance of saving. However on the stroke of half time Merthyr had the chance to pull level as a poor pass by S.Spender was intercepted and M.Callis tried his luck but P.Harrison saved well to deny them

Half Time Score 2-0

The second half was ten second old when Merthyr had the ball in the back of the net as G.Williams rattled the ball in however it was ruled out for offside after he was adjudged to have timed his run wrong. On the 54th minute we had our first chance of the half as L.Elford-Alliyu curled the ball just wide of the post after running onto a N.Craig through-ball. Just after the hour mark Merthyr came close to pulling a goal back but P.Harrison saved brilliantly from B.Friar's long range effort. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we killed any hope of Merthyr coming back as G.Draper ran onto a J.Routledge through-ball and fired under the body of T.Sampson

TNS 3-0 Merthyr T J.Routledge 11, C.Seargeant 30, G.Draper 78

TNS: P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig, J.Routledge, C.Seargeant (capt), G.Draper, L.Elford-Alliyu

Merthyr Town: T.Sampson, I.Polack, S.France, T.Shaw, B.Foy, T.Vincent-Young (inj 43-R.Bleau), C.Turner (B.Judge), S.Lewis, G.Williams (capt), N.Dunn, M.Callis (B.Friar)

Booked: A.Evans, J.Routledge (TNS) / T.Vincent-Young, B.Foy, T.Shaw (Merthyr T)

Man of Match: C.Seargeant (TNS)

Attendance: 736

The board have expressed their delight at winning the Nathaniel Cup again for the third year in a row.

January 24th:

I have been linked with the vacant Brentford job, however I have made them know that I have no interest in the job at this current moment.

January 28th:
Airbus UK (A) JD Welsh Cup 4th Rd
We began the better and on the 7th minute we came close to opening the scoring with a powerful effort from outside the area but the Airbus keeper saved well. Ten minutes later L.Elford-Alliyu had the chance to score as he beat the offside trap and fired towards goal but the keeper tipped the ball around the keeper. We were all over Airbus and on the 29th minute G.Draper tested the keeper with a close range effort but yet again the Airbus keeper saved the day. It was just too easy and with two minutes left in the half L.Elford-Alliyu headed wide of the post when it was easier to save.
The second half was much the same and on the 53rd minute we had another chance with C.Stone slotting towards goal but the keeper again saved the day for Airbus. Twelve minutes later S.Quigley had the chance to score but he somehow missed from six yards when it was easier to score. It was far too easy for us but with three minutes remaining in the game we were countered and A.Williams slotted in past P.Harrison to knock us out of the cup.

Airbus UK 1-0 TNS A.Williams 87

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, N.Craig (C.Stone), J.Routledge, C.Seargeant (capt) (A.Edwards), G.Draper, L.Elford-Alliyu (S.Quigley)

January 30th: 
The physio has informed me that J.Mullan will be out for around 6-7 weeks after straining his groin in training

January 31st:
Airbus UK (H) (23/32)
Like the previous meeting three days ago we dominated and on the 20th minute we took the lead as G.Draper found the net from close range after beating the offside trap. Soon after we had another chance as G.Draper ran through the defence and hit towards goal but the keeper saved the day. With six minutes remaining in the half we added another goal as C.Seargeant  curled in a free-kick from 25 yards after G.Draper was brought down on the way to goal.
The second half was much the same as we continued the domination and on the hour mark we made it 3-0 as C.Seargeant showed great vision to beat the keeper from outside the area. Airbus weren't getting a touch of the ball and on the 70th minute we added our final goal as G.Draper ran through the defence with real ease and rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net.

TNS 4-1 Airbus UK G.Draper 20, 70, C.Seargeant 39, 60

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, J.Routledge (C.Stone), N.Craig (A.Edwards), C.Seargeant (capt), L.Elford-Alliyu (W.Fletcher), G.Draper,

End of Month Review:
JD Welsh Cup: Knocked out in 4th Rd (v Airbus UK)
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winner (v Merthyr T)
European Champions Cup: Knocked out in the Champions Play-off  (v Olympiakos)

February 2017:
February 1st:
The end of the month awards have been handed out and C.Seargeant has won the Player of the Month award and I have been awarded the Manager of the Month award

February 2nd:
I have made a signing as Callum Morton has joined us from Yeovil on a free transfer, he is a 17yr old winger.

February 4th:
Bala (H) (24/32)
We never got going  as Bala controlled the majority of the game however it took them till the 29th minute to open the scoring as M.Connolly rose above the defence and headed in past P.Harrison. Soon after Bala had a goal ruled out for a foul on A.Evans. On the stroke of half time it was two nil as A.Orme beat the offside trap and fired under the P.Harrison.
The second half was six minutes old when we pulled a goal back as G.Draper curled in from inside the area after running in from the wing. However Bala started to dominate the game again but it took them till the 89th minute to kill any hopes of a point for us as J.Crowther slotted in from close range. A bad day at the office

TNS 1-3 Bala G.Draper 51 / M.Connolly 29, A.Orme 45+1, J.Crowther 89

P.Harrison, S.Saunders, A.Evans, S.Spender, C.Marriott, R.Brobbel, J.Routledge, N.Craig (C.Stone), C.Seargeant (capt), L.Elford-Alliyu (W.Fletcher), A.Darlington (G.Draper)

Booked: S.Spender, R.Brobbel, J.Routledge

Archived