The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part One: A Saintly Beginning)

mark wilson27

February 17th:
Airbus UK (H) (27/32)
The game began well for us as S.Quigley ran into the area unmarked and fired under the keeper but his goal was ruled out for offside. Soon after we had another chance with a powerful shot from R.Stambolsiev but the Airbus keeper managed to save well. We were controlling the game and on the 33rd minute L.Elford-Alliyu had a clear cut chance but the Airbus keeper again blocked the effort. With three minutes remaining in the half though Airbus grabbed the lead with their first effort as E.Bellamy beat the offside trap and rounded J.Dixon to slot home into the empty net.
The second half was eight minutes old when Airbus were reduced to ten men after K.Harrison was sent off for a second yellow card. On the hour mark we had another chance to score with W.Fletcher rattling the crossbar from outside the area but yet again the Airbus keeper saved well. On the 65th minute we grabbed the equaliser as L.Elford-Alliyu played a one two with R.Stambolsiev and fired with power under the Airbus keeper. Twelve minutes later J.N'Guessan had the chance to grab the lead for us but his final effort went well wide of the post when he really should have scored. We had one final chance on the 89th minute with W.Fletcher rising above the defence to head an I.Zmimer cross straight into the keepers arms when an inch either would have seen us grab all three points

TNS 1-1 Airbus UK L.Elford-Alliyu 65 / E.Bellamy 42  

J.Dixon, J.Hawley (W.Christopher), A.Evans, T.Matthews, R.Pryce (capt), J.N'Guessan, I.Zmimer, C.Roddan (R.Brobbel), R.Stambolsiev, L.Elford-Alliyu, S.Quigley (W.Fletcher)

Booked: I.Zmimer

February 28th:
Injury news sees G.Osborn out for around two weeks after twisting his knee during training

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 2nd (-2pts)
JD Welsh Cup: Knocked out in 3rd Rd v Pen-y-Bont
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winners 1-0 v Connah's Quay
Scottish League Challenge Cup: Knocked out in ¼ Final v Dundee
European Champions Cup: Knocked out 3rd Qualifying Phase v Dinamo
Europa Cup: Knocked out Play-off Round v  Girondins de Bordeaux

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

March 2018:
March 3rd:
Bala (A) (28/32)
As the saying goes a real six pointer here with Bala going potentially five points clear of us if they beat us. Two minutes into the game Bala grabbed the lead as J.Breese beat the offside trap and fired under J.Dixon who was slow to react. On the 16th minute they had another chance with a low shot which saw T.Matthews clearing off the line. Five minutes later Bala went two goals up as J.Breese beat the offside trap and rounded J.Dixon to fire into the empty net. Bala continued to pile forward and on the 33rd minute we came close to losing another goal with J.Dixon reacting well to deny the Bala striker.
The second half started with Bala running clear of the defence but J.Dixon was on hand again to block the effort. On the hour mark we had our first real chance of the game as W.Fletcher barged into the area and fired under the keeper but the ball rattled the upright. On the 65th minute we pulled a goal back as L.Elford-Alliyu ran into the area and headed a C.Morton cross in past the keeper. Eight minutes later we levelled the scores with L.Elford-Alliyu doing the honours from close range after beating the defence to a J.N'Guessan through-ball. We were finally starting to control the game and with three minutes remaining in the game  we got an undeserved winner as L.Elford-Alliyu beat the keeper to a loose ball to fire past him and into the back of the net. The three points moved us top of the table

Bala 2-3 TNS J.Breese 2, 21 / L.Elford-Alliyu 65, 73, 87

J.Dixon, C.Stone (capt), T.Matthews, A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolziev, C.Roddan (R.Brobbel), I.Zmimer (J.N'Guessan), R.Parry (C.Morton), W.Fletcher, L.Elford-Alliyu

Booked: R.Pryce

March 9th:
Injury news sees L.Hughes out for around 4-5 weeks with a pulled a hamstring he received during training. However other injury news sees G.Osborn returning from  injury after a fortnight out with a twisted knee

March 15th:
More injury news sees R.Parry out for around two weeks with a chest injury picked up in training

March 17th:
Newtown (A) (29/32)
Three minutes into the game we took the lead as R.Stambolziev curled a powerful effort into the top corner after running with the ball from the byline. Soon after we had another chance as L.Elford-Alliyu beat the offside trap and rattled the ball in from close range but his effort was ruled out for offside. We were all over Newtown and on the 29th minute we had another chance with J.N'Guessan ran with the ball and fired towards goal but the Newtown keeper saved well. On the stroke of half we had another chance with a well struck effort which saw the keeper at full stretch too save.
The second half was a minute old when we added goal number two as L.Elford-Alliyu headed in an I.Zmimer cross. On the 53rd minute we made it three nil with R.Brobbel hammering home a free-kick from 25 yards after W.Fletcher was brought down on the way too goal. Newtown weren't getting near the ball and on the 74th minute we should have scored again but yet again the Newtown keeper was on hand to block the effort. Six minutes later though Newtown pulled a goal back with M.Pritchard running onto a through-ball and slotted in under the keeper. However with two minutes remaining in the game we regained our three goal advantage as W.Fletcher played a one two with I.Zmimer and fired in past the Newtown keeper with ease

Newtown 1-4 TNS M.Pritchard 80 / R.Stambolziev 3, L.Elford-Alliyu 46, R.Brobbel 53, W.Fletcher 88

J.Dixon, J.Hawley (R.Brobbel), T.Matthews, A.Evans, R.Pryce (capt), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan (C.Stone), I.Zmimer, R.Stambolziev (C.Morton), W.Fletcher, L.Elford-Alliyu

March 27th:
Injury news sees R.Parry back in full training following his recent injury

March 31:
Aberystwyth (H) (30/32)
The game was six minutes old when we had the first chance as S.Quigley ran onto a C.Roddan pass but his final effort went wide of the post. Soon after we had another chance with C.Morton crashing the ball against the crossbar from outside the area after running clear of the defence. However on the 19th minute Aberystwyth took the lead with a thunderous free-kick by A.Williams which beat J.Dixon into the top corner. Twelve minutes later we had our next chance with S.Quigley heading a R.Brobbel corner wide of the post after L.Elford-Alliyu's initial effort was well saved.
The second half was much the same with us controlling the play but we struggled to break through the defence. On the 72nd minute we had the first chance of the half as R.Stambolziev jinked into the area but his final effort went wide of the post. With seven minutes remaining in the game we finally got equaliser as L.Elford-Alliyu tried his luck from 30 yards which bounced just in front of the keeper and over him into the back of the net

TNS 1-1 Aberystwyth L.Elford-Alliyu 83 / A.Williams 19

J.Dixon, C.Stone (capt), A.Evans, T.Matthews, R.Pryce, R.Brobbel, J.N'Guessan (R.Stambolziev), C.Roddan (I.Zmimer), C.Morton, L.Elford-Alliyu, S.Quigley (G.Draper)

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+3pts)

April 2018:
April 1st:
The monthly awards have been handed out and L.Elford-Alliyu has been named as the Player of the Month for March

April 2nd:
Injury news sees L.Hughes resuming full training following his recent injury

April 3rd:
The TNS board has offered me a new One year contract work £1,500 per week, however I have decided to delay my decision till the end of the season, which the board have agreed too.

April 4th:
More job news sees Dag & Red offer me a a one year contract, which have also asked for a delay.

April 5th:
Injury news sees A.Evans out of action for around three months after tearing his hamstring during training

April 14th:
Bala (H) (31/32)
Another six pointer with our main rivals and it didn't take long till they had the first chance to score with a thunderous effort from outside the area but J.Dixon saved well to deny them. Soon after they came close again with a curling effort which was headed clear by T.Matthews. It was one way traffic and on the 35th minute Bala had another chance with a team move which split my defence apart but J.Dixon saved well again. Just before the break we finally had our first chance with L.Elford-Alliyu slotting the ball wide of the post when it was easier to score.
The second half was three minutes old when we had another chance as G.Draper beat the offside trap but his final effort went well wide of the post. On the 58th minute L.Elford-Alliyu had the chance to open the scoring with a low shot from just inside the area but the keeper saved well. Seven minutes later the deadlock was finally broken as T.Matthews headed in an I.Zmimer corner after G.Draper's long range effort was tipped over the crossbar. Soon after though Bala had the chance to score after W.Christopher slipped with the ball but luckily for him J.Dixon was on hand to block the effort. With four minutes remaining in the game we had the chance to kill the game off but G.Draper failed to hit the target from six yards

TNS 1-0 Bala T.Matthews 65

J.Dixon, C.Stone (capt), W.Christopher, T.Matthews, R.Pryce, R.Brobbel, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan (R.Stambolziev), C.Morton (I.Zmimer), L.Elford-Alliyu, S.Quigley (G.Draper)

The victory means that we are now Dafabet Welsh Premier League Champions and have completed the double. I told the lads they could go out and enjoy themselves for a couple of days as our next game isnt till next month

April 16th:
The club doctor has informed me that T.Poole will be out for around 3-4 days with food poisoning

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Champions (+4pts)

May 2018:
May 5th:
Bangor City (A) (32/32)
A good start to the game saw us taking the lead in the 13th minute as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a C.Roddan through-ball to fire under the onrushing keeper. Eight minutes later we had another chance with S.Quigley rattling the crossbar from outside the area. We were all over Bangor City and on the 22nd minute C.Morton had the opposition keeper at full stretch to save his powerful effort. Twelve minutes later it was J.N'Guessan's time to test the keeper with a curling effort which saw the keeper blocking. On the stroke of half time we came close again with L.Elford-Alliyu firing straight at the keeper when he should have really saved.
The second half was much the same with my side dominating and just before the hour C.Morton saw his powerful effort saved. However despite our pressure it was Bangor who scored the next goal as J.Reed barged through my defence and fired under J.Dixon. With six minutes left in the game we had the chance to get all three points but G.Draper fired wide from six yards when it was easier to score

Bangor City 1-1 TNS J.Reed 74 / L.Elford-Alliyu 13

J.Dixon, C.Stone (capt), W.Christopher, T.Matthews, R.Pryce, R.Brobbel, J.N'Guessan (I.Zmimer), C.Roddan (A.Kwateng), C.Morton, L.Elford-Alliyu, S.Quigley (G.Draper)

Booked: C.Morton, I.Zmimer

End of Season Club Awards:
Fan's Player of the Season: L.Elford-Alliyu (76%)
Signing of the Season: Will Christopher (Free Transfer) 
Young Player of the Season: Callum Morton

End of Season Club Stats:
Top Scorer: L.Elford-Alliyu 37 goals
Highest Average Rating: L.Elford-Alliyu (7.59)
Most Yellow Cards: R.Pryce, A.Evans and C.Morton (5)  
Most Red Card: No Red Cards

End of Season Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Champions (+5pts)
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winner (v Connah's Quay)
Scottish League Challenge Cup: Knocked out ¼ Final v Dundee
Europa League: Knocked out Play-off Round v Girondins de Bordeaux

Dafabet Welsh Premier League: (Final Table)
1st: TNS (67pts) (Champions Cup)
2nd: Bala (62pts) (Europa Cup)
3rd: Bangor City (51pts)
4th: Aberystwyth (49pts)
5th: Airbus UK (46pts)
6th: Newtown (41pts) (Europa Cup)
--------------------------------     
7th: Connah's Quay (52pts) (Europa Cup)
8th: Carmarthen (39pts)
9th: Haverfordwest (33pts)
10th: Cefn Druids (32pts)
11th: Prestatyn (30pts) (Relegated)
12th: Rhyl (25pts) (Relegated)

May 14th:
More rumours have arisen regarding the future of the club with Mike Harris looking to sell the club

May 20th:
The end of season have been handed out and L.Elford-Alliyu has been named Player of the Year, C.Morton has been named as the Young Player of the Year. I have been named as Manager of the Year
The team of the season has been named and J.Dixon, T.Matthews, C.Morton, R.Brobbel and L.Elford-Alliyu have all been named in it

May 22nd:
More rumours have been circulated about the future of the club with the press rumouring that Mike Harris is looking to sell the club

May 26th:
The board have put the previous contract offer back on the table for me and I have accepted to stay on for another year. After signing my new contract I tried to get T.Matthews to sign his new contract but he has rejected the offer.

June 2018:
June 14th:
Injury news sees A.Evans back in full training after his recent injury

June 18th:
More takeover rumours as it seems someone has bid £2,700,000 for control of the club. The bid is by tycoon Chris Jones who has promised to invest up to £3,400,000 in the club. However this does mean that the club is under a transfer embargo which will be only lifted once it has been sorted out

June 20th:
Well the bid didn't last long as the consortium have pulled the plug on the deal. Well at least I can look at buying players to strengthen the squad

June 25th:
The board have given me their expectations for the forthcoming season and are as follows:
European Champions Cup: 3rd Qualifying Phase
Scottish League Challenge Cup: ¼ Finals
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Winner
JD Welsh Cup: Winner 
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winner 

June 25th:
The draw for the European Champions Cup 2nd Qualifying Phase has taken place and we will be facing Bulgarian side Ludogorets, the first leg will be played at home

June 30th:
Transfer news sees C.Stone and T.Matthews leaving the club after both players refused several good offers from myself

Season Three: 2018/19
July 2018:
July 1st:
Transfer news sees 20yr old Ghanian striker Justin Shalbu join us on a free transfer

July 2nd:
Injury news sees W.Fletcher out for around three weeks with a groin strain, also N.Craig will be out for around three months after tearing his knee ligaments

July 10th:
More injury news sees R.Brobbel out for around a fortnight after damaging his foot in training 

July 14th:
Our first friendly of the pre-season sees us facing St.Albans and we played well to beat them 3-1 with a brace from G.Draper and A.Kwateng grabbed the other goal 

July 18th:
Finally some good news on the injury front as W.Fletcher resumes full training after his recent groin strain 

Ludogorets (H) Champions Cup Champions Qualifying Phase 2nd Round 1st Leg
The start of the game was pretty dire in truth as my side seemed to be still on their holidays and it took till the 29th minute for the first effort as Ludogorets ran through the defence  but T.Poole was on hand to slide in and save the day. With a minute of the half remaining Ludogorets broke the deadlock as G.Vasilev fired in from ten yards after beating the offside trap. I was far from happy with my side at half time.
The second half was four minutes old when Ludogorets made it two nil with a thunderous effort from C.Keseru which gave J.Dixon no chance of saving. Ludogorets were beginning to control the game and on the 62nd minute it was three nil. I was furious with the performance but nine minutes later we pulled a goal back as A.Kwateng jinked into the area and fired under the onrushing keeper. However on the 83rd minute Ludogorets scored again after their strikers ran through the defence with ease but luckily for us it was ruled out for offside. Three minutes later we made it 3-2 with J.Shaibu heading in from a R.Stambolsiev cross to put us back in contention.

TNS 2-3 Ludogorets A.Kwateng 71, J.Shaibu 86 / G.Vasilev 44, C.Keseru 49, P.Petrov 62

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce (capt), J.N'Guessan (C.Morton), C.Roddan (A.Kwateng), I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev, L.Elford-Alliyu, S.Quigley (J.Shaibu)

July 20th:
The draw for the Champions Cup Champions 3rd Qualifying Phase has taken place and we have been drawn against Juvenes Dogana (SMR) or Sheriff (MDA) if we beat Ludogorets. The first leg will be away from home
We played our next friendly as we faced Chesterfield and we were beat 3-2 with L.Elford-Alliyu and W.Christopher grabbing our goals

July 22nd:
I have been approached by A.Madrid B to take over their side. They have offered me £25,000 per week and a two year contract. I have asked for a weeks delay to think things over.

July 25th:
Ludogorets (A) Champions Cup Champions Qualifying Phase 2nd Round 2nd Leg (agg 2-3) 
The second leg was pretty dire in truth for us as we just never turned up and on the 17th minute they came close with a rasping effort from outside the area but J.Dixon saved well. Twelve minutes later Ludogorets had another chance as they beat the offside trap but J.Dixon managed to run out and block the effort. With seven minutes remaining in the half Ludogorets grabbed the lead with a curling effort from outside the effort from G.Vasilev which J.Dixon failed to save.
The second half wasn't much better and on the 65th minute Marcelinho jinked through my defence with real ease and fired under J.Dixon. It didn't take long till they had another chance with a rasping low effort which J.Dixon managed to tip around the post. It was all Ludogorets and with three minutes remaining in the game we were lucky not to be three down but the referee ruled it out for a foul on J.Hawley and that was it for our European adventure for another season

Ludogorets 2-0 TNS G.Vasilev 38, Marcelinho 65

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce (capt), J.N'Guessan (R.Parry), C.Roddan (A.Kwateng), I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev, L.Elford-Alliyu, S.Quigley (J.Shaibu)

Booked: R.Pryce, I.Zmimer, T.Poole, J.Hawley

July 28th:
Our next friendly sees us facing Rochdale and we beat them 2-1 with goals from L.Elford-Alliyu and J.N'Guessan. After the game I was informed that R.Brobbel will be out for around a fortnight after damaging his foot

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: n/a
JD Welsh Cup: n/a
Nathaniel MG Cup: n/a
Scottish League Challenge Cup: n/a
European Champions Cup: Knocked out 2nd Qualifying Phase v Ludogorets

August 2018:
August 6th:
Transfer news sees R.Brobbel joining Barrow for £2,400 after requesting to leave.
We faced another friendly as we faced FC United away. We performed brilliantly as we beat them 6-2 with a goal from J.Shaibu a brace from J.N'Guessan and a hat-trick from S.Quigley.

August 11th:
The odds for the forthcoming season have been released and we are quoted at 13-4 favourites with Bala 6-1 second favourites.
We now faced another friendly against West Ham United Reserves and we beat them 3-1 with a goal from L.Elford-Alliyu, S.Quigley and finally a goal from R.Parry

August 16th:
The draw for the 2nd Rd of the Nathaniel MG Cup has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against Welsh Premier side Airbus UK

August 25th:
Airbus UK (H) Dafabet Welsh Premier League (1/32)
The first half was a none event as we struggled to get going but luckily for us Airbus weren't much better. The only chance of the half was from Airbus as they beat my defence to a loose ball but J.Hawley managed to track back enough to clear the effort.
The second half was a different story as six minutes into the half I.Zmimer jinked into the area and fired under the Airbus keeper. Soon after we had another chance with S.Quigley failing to hit target from six yards after running onto a C.Roddan through-ball. We controlling the game now and on the 70th minute L.Elford-Alliyu headed a second goal for us in from a R.Parry cross. With nine minutes remaining in the game L.Elford-Alliyu made it three nil with a thunderous long range effort after beating the Airbus defence to a loose ball

TNS 3-0 Airbus UK I.Zmimer 51, L.Elford-Alliyu 70, 81

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev (R.Parry), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), S.Quigley (J.Shaibu)

August 28th:
Injury news sees J.N'Guessan out of action for around three weeks after twisting his ankle in a training session

August 31st:
Connah's Quay (A) (2/32)
Three minutes into the game we took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a C.Roddan through-ball and fired under the body of the Connah's keeper. On the 19th minute we had another chance with I.Zmimer curling an effort towards the goal but the Connah's keeper managed to tip the ball around the keeper. Six minutes later it was two nil with S.Quigley hitting a low effort past the keeper from just inside the area. We were making it look far too easy and on the 42nd minute S.Quigley had his next chance after running onto a R.Parry pass but his final effort went straight into the keepers arms.
The second half was all us again and on the 63rd minute we made it three nil as S.Quigley rose above the defence and headed in an I.Zmimer corner after L.Elford-Alliyu's initial effort was tipped round the post. Twelve minutes later we had the final effort of the game as S.Quigley failed to complete his hat-trick after beating the offside trap but the Connah's keeper was alert enough to smother the ball at his feet

Connah's Quay 0-3 TNS L.Elford-Alliyu 3, S.Quigley 25, 63

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce (C.Morton), R.Stambolsiev (A.Kwateng), C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Parry (J.Shaibu), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), S.Quigley

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: n/a
JD Welsh Cup: Not entered yet
Nathaniel MG Cup: 2nd Rd v Airbus UK
Scottish League Challenge Cup: Not entered yet

September 2018:
September 4th:
Airbus UK (A) Nathaniel MG Cup 2nd Rd
Twelve minutes into the game we opened the scoring as J.Shaibu ran into the area unmarked and header in an I.Zmimer cross. On the 23rd minute we had another chance to score with a long range effort from R.Parry which had the keeper at full stretch to save. Airbus weren't getting close to the ball and on the stroke of half time we had another chance with R.Stambolsiev rattling the crossbar from outside the area.
The second half was eight minutes old when we added goal number two as J.Shaibu beat the offside trap to fire in a L.Elford-Alliyu through-ball. It was far too easy for us and on the 72nd minute L.Elford-Alliyu grabbed his first of the game with a daisy cutter from inside the area which gave the keeper no chance. Six minutes later we added another goal as L.Elford-Alliyu played a one two with J.Shaibu to slot in under the keeper. We grabbed one more goal in the game as on the 82nd minute T.Poole completed the rout with a bullet like header from a R.Stambolsiev free-kick. A great start to the domestic season, three games eleven goals for and no goals against

Airbus UK 0-5 TNS J.Shaibu 12, 53, L.Elford-Alliyu 72, 78, T.Poole 82

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, C.Roddan (C.Morton), I.Zmimer (G.Osborn), R.Parry (J.Jones), L.Elford-Alliyu, J.Shaibu

Booked: I.Zmimer, L.Elford-Alliyu

September 5th:
The draw for the Nathaniel MG Cup 3rd Rd has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Haverfordwest

September 6th:
Injury news sees J.Dixon out for around 5-6 days after bruising his jaw during training

September 7th:
More injury news sees N.Craig back in full training after recovering from torn knee ligaments

September 8th:
The draw for the Scottish League Challenge Cup 4th Round has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against Ladbrokes Championship side Queen of the South 

Carmarthen (H) (3/32)
It was Carmarthen who had the first chance as on the 21st minute they ran through my defence with ease and fired towards goal but N.Maher managed to block the effort. Ten minutes later we had our first chance of the game with a thunderous effort from R.Parry which saw the Carmarthen keeper getting his fingertips to the ball and tipping it over the crossbar. With four minutes remaining in the half the first goal was scored as J.Shaibu played a one two with I.Zmimer and dinked the ball over the keeper.
The second half didn't get off to the best of starts as nine minutes into the half A.Evans fouled in the area to give Carmarthen a penalty, M.Jones stepped up and sent N.Maher the wrong way. The penalty seemed to give my players the wake up call and on the hour we came close to adding another goal with L.Elford-Alliyu curling towards goal from twenty yards but the ball wouldn't curl enough and went wide of the post. On the 72nd minute the second goal finally came as J.Shaibu headed in an A.Kwateng cross. Four minutes later we made it three one as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a C.Morton through-ball to round the keeper and slot home into the empty net. With two minutes remaining in the game J.Shaibu had the chance to complete his hat-trick but his effort was well saved by the Carmarthen keeper.

TNS 3-1 Carmarthen J.Shaibu 41, 72, L.Elford-Alliyu 76 / M.Jones 54 pen 

N.Maher, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (C.Morton), C.Roddan (A.Kwateng), I.Zmimer, R.Parry (capt) (S.Quigley), L.Elford-Alliyu, J.Shaibu

September 12th:
More news regarding the club has surfaced as Mike Harris seems to be looking to sell the club to a local investor. Other news sees L.Elford-Alliyu out injured for around 8-11 days after straining his wrist in training

September 13th:
For once some good injury news sees J.N'Guessan resuming full training after his recent ankle injury 

September 15th:
Bala (A) (4/32)
Another excellent performance by the players as we outclassed last years rivals Bala. However it took us till the 19th minute to get close to the goal as J.Shaibu ran into the area and lashed a R.Parry pass wide of the post when it was easier to score. Eight minutes later we broke the deadlock with R.Stambolsiev curling a wonderful free-kick into the top corner of the goal after J.Shaibu was brought down on his way too goal. Just before the break we had another chance with S.Quigley having his first shot of the game but the Bala keeper was alert enough to save the ball.
The second half was a mere six minutes old when we made it 2-0 with C.Roddan trying his luck from thirty yards and found the back of the net after the Bala keeper misjudged the flight of the ball. It was far too easy for us with attack after attack and on the 73rd minute it was three nil with W.Fletcher playing a crafty one two with R.Parry and launched a thunderbolt into the back of the net. However with seven minutes remaining in the game we let Bala pull a goal back with J.Breese breezing (sorry couldn't resist) through the defence and slotting in under N.Maher who looked like he had fallen asleep.

Bala 1-3 TNS J.Breese 83 / R.Stambolsiev 27, C.Roddan 51, W.Fletcher 73

N.Maher, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, C.Roddan (C.Morton), I.Zmimer (A.Kwateng), R.Parry (capt), S.Quigley (W.Fletcher), J.Shaibu

September 17th:
Not something I wanted to deal with but W.Fletcher and C.Morton had to be pulled apart in during a training incident. I have fined each of them two weeks wages.

September 21st:
Newtown (A) (5/32)
The first half was a real none event as we struggled to wake up for some reason. Newtown were the same in truth as they failed to threaten my teams goal at all and in the first half their wasn't a single effort by either side towards goal.
The second half was a different story as within seven minutes we had taken the lead as I.Zmimer fired in from the penalty spot after C.Roddan was brought down in the area. On the hour Newtown had their first chance of the game with a thunderous effort which saw N.Maher at full stretch to save. With ten minutes remaining in the game we doubled our lead as W.Fletcher jinked through the defence and fired under the Newtown keeper. With the final whistle approaching Newtown puled a goal back as J.Oswell curled in a free-kick from 25 yards after A.Evans fouled a player on the way to goal

Newtown 1-2 TNS J.Oswell 90+1 / I.Zmimer 52 pen, W.Fletcher 80

N.Maher, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer (C.Morton), R.Parry (capt) (N.Cobain), S.Quigley (W.Fletcher), J.Shaibu

September 25th:
Haverfordwest (H) Nathaniel MG Cup 3rd Rd
A great start to the game saw us taking the lead within a minute as J.Shaibu ran onto a R.Parry through-ball and fired under the keeper. On the 8th minute we added another goal with J.Shaibu curling in from just inside the area which gave the keeper no chance to save. We were all over Haverfordwest and on the 19th minute S.Quigley came close with a low effort which saw the keeper scrambling along his line to save. Twelve minutes later R.Stambolsiev rattled the upright after beating the Haverfordwest midfield to a loose ball. 
The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate and just before the hour mark we had another chance as S.Quigley headed just wide of the post from a R.Stambolsiev cross when it was easier to score. With five minutes remaining in the game Haverfordwest pulled a goal back as K.Smith saw N.Maher off his line and dinked the ball over him from all over 35 yards. Deep into injury time though we regained our two goal advantage as J.Shaibu completed his hat-trick with a powerful effort from ten yards which gave the keeper little chance of saving

TNS 3-1 Haverfordwest J.Shaibu 1, 8, 90+2 / K.Smith 85

N.Maher, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce (J.Jones), R.Stambolsiev , C.Roddan (G.Osborn), I.Zmimer (C.Morton), R.Parry (capt), S.Quigley, J.Shaibu

September 26th:
The draw for the Nathaniel MG Cup Semi Final has taken place and we have been drawn against Bala Town

September 29th:
Haverfordwest (A) (6/32)
We faced Haverfordwest again but this time it was a different story as they started the better and on the 20th minute S.Jones gave them the lead with a low shot which bounced in off the bottom of the upright. Ten minutes later they had a goal ruled out for offside after beating T.Poole to a through-ball. We weren't getting close to them and just before the break they had another chance with a long range effort which beat N.Maher but not the crossbar.
The second half was nine minutes old when the home side made it 2-0 with L.Murr running through the defence with ease and slotting in under N.Maher. It was only after the second goal that we started to play and on the 68th minute we had our first real effort of the game as W.Fletcher hit his effort straight at the keeper when he should have scored. With nine minutes remaining in the game we pulled a goal back as J.Shaibu played a one two with I.Zmimer and fired under the onrushing keeper

Haverfordwest 2-1 TNS S.Jones 20, L.Murr 54 / J.Shaibu 81

N.Maher, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce (C.Morton), R.Stambolsiev (A.Kwateng), C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Parry (capt), S.Quigley (W.Fletcher), J.Shaibu

Booked: I.Zmimer, A.Evans

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+1pt)
JD Welsh Cup: N/A
Nathaniel MG Cup: Semi Final v Bala Town
Scottish League Challenge Cup: 4th Rd v Queen of the South

October 2018:
October 1st:
The end of month awards have been handed out and I have been named as the manager of the month

October 3rd: 
Shocking news (Not) again in the press as local investor John Jenkins has put a bid in for the club worth around £1,600,000. As a result the club has been placed under a transfer embargo

October 6th:
Cefn Druids (H) (7/32)
Another dominant  performance as we controlled the Druids with ease. It did however take us till the 21st minute to have our first chance with S.Quigley hitting straight at the keeper when it was easier to score. Eight minutes later we had another chance as R.Parry curled in a free-kick but J.Shaibu headed wide of the post.. With seven minutes remaining in the half we finally took the lead as a great cross by I.Zmimer was headed in past the keeper by J.Shaibu.
The second half was a mere four minutes old when my side grabbed a second goal with L.Elford-Alliyu running onto a C.Roddan pass and fired under the keeper who was slow to react. Druids weren't close to getting the ball and just after the hour we made it 3-0 as L.Elford-Alliyu grabbed his second of the game with a powerful long range effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. On the 78th minute we had our final chance of the game with L.Elford-Alliyu missing a sitter from six yards after a curling cross from R.Pryce which split the Druids defence apart 

TNS 3-0 Cefn Druids J.Shaibu 38, L.Elford-Alliyu 49, 63

N.Maher (J.Dixon), J.Jones (J.Hawley), T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Parry (capt), S.Quigley (L.Elford-Alliyu), J.Shaibu

Booked: R.Stambolsiev

October 8th:
The draw for the 3rd Round of the JD Welsh Cup has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Guilsfield

October 9th:
Conwy (A) (8/32)
The first half was all us and on the 12th minute we had our first chance as J.Shaibu ran with the ball into the area and fired towards goal but the Conwy keeper saved well. Eight minutes later S.Quigley beat the offside trap and rounded the keeper but at the last minute the Conwy defence came back and cleared the ball. Just after the half hour we took the lead as A.Evans headed a R.Stambolziev corner into the back of the net after S.Quigley's initial effort was well saved. Straight from kick off we doubled our lead as R.Parry intercepted the ball and unleashed a thunderbolt into the back of the net from 30 yards. With a minute remaining in the half it was three nil with J.Shaibu jinking into the area with the ball and wasted no time in slotting in under the keeper.
The second half was six minutes old when Conwy pulled a goal back as M.Jones saw N.Maher off his line and dinked the ball over him. He really should've done better. My players responded well and on the hour mark we had our next chance as J.Shaibu played a one two R.Parry and fired under the keeper but the ball clipped the bottom of the upright. On the 75th minute we made it 4-1 as J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed in a R.Stambolziev cross

Conwy 1-4 TNS M.Jones 51 / A.Evans 32, R.Parry 33, J.Shaibu 44, 75

N.Maher (J.Dixon), J.Jones (J.Hawley), T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, .R.Stambolziev, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Parry (capt), S.Quigley (L.Elford-Alliyu), J.Shaibu

October 13th:
Queen of the South (A) Scottish League Challenge up 4th Rd
The game started slowly and it took awhile before either side managed to get an effort on goal. It took till the 23rd minute for the first effort as Queen of the South attackers ripped through my defence but J.Dixon saved well to deny them. On the half hour it was our turn to test the opposition keepers with a rasping effort from J.Shaibu but the ball went just wide of the post. With eight minutes remaining in the half Queen of the South took the lead with L.Dykes heading in past J.Dixon.
The second half was much the same and on the 56th minute S.Quigley had the keeper at full stretch to deny him the goal. Ten minutes later we had another chance with J.Shaibu rattling the crossbar from just inside the area after beating the defence to a loose ball. On the 70th minute we came close to losing another goal after A.Evans fouled in the area and Queen of the South was awarded a penalty, G.Rodgers stepped up for the penalty but J.Dixon managed to save the shot. With three minutes remaining in the game we levelled the scores as S.Quigley's sent the game into extra time.
Unfortunately the half hour of extra time was pretty damn dire with both sets of players looking very tired and neither my side of the Scottish side came close to scoring so the game went into the lottery of penalties.
Queen of the South stepped up first and J.Longridge fired in past J.Dixon (1-0)
L.Elford-Alliyu was up for first for my side and wasted no time in firing with power past the keeper (1-1)
A.Dykes hit a powerful penalty past J.Dixon to give the Scottish side the lead again (2-1)
A.Kwateng stepped up next and hit the penalty low past the keeper (2-2)
D.Carmichael was next for Queen of the South and he hit the penalty high into the back of the net (3-2)
A.Evans was next for my side and he sent the keeper the wrong way (3-3)
I.Teijsse stepped up confidently and he also sent the keeper the wrong way (4-3)
T.Poole was up next for my side and hit his penalty hard past the keeper (4-4)
G.Rodgers made it look too easy with a powerful effort which gave my keeper no chance of saving (5-4)
S.Quigley was next for my side and hit his penalty low towards goal but the Queen of the South keeper saved well to send Queen of the South into the next round (5-4)

Queen of the South 1-1 TNS L.Dykes 38 / S.Quigley 87

J.Dixon, J.Jones, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce (J.Hawley), R.Stambolsiev (A.Kwateng), C.Roddan, I.Zmimer (L.Elford-Alliyu), R.Parry (capt), S.Quigley, J.Shaibu

Injury news sees I.Zmimer out for around 2-3 weeks after straining his groin during the match

October 18th:
More injury news sees C.Morton out for around a fortnight with an abdominal strain after doing the damage in the gym

October 19th:
Bangor City (H) (9/32)
We began well and on the 7th minute we had our first chance with R.Stambolsiev jinked through the defence and fired under the keeper but the ball rattled off the outside of the post and went out. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with a thunderous effort from C.Roddan which had the keeper at full stretch too save. It was getting too easy for my side and on the 29th minute we had yet another chance with J.Shaibu rattling the crossbar from outside the area. Just before the stroke of half time R.Parry came close with a low shot which saw the keeper at full stretch to save.
The second half was four minutes old when we finally took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu rose above the defence and headed a J.N'Guessan cross past the keeper. On the 59th minute S.Quigley came close with a curling effort from just inside the area but the Bangor keeper saved well. Four minutes later we we doubled our lead as L.Elford-Alliyu showed the defence a clean pair of heels and fired under the onrushing keeper. Soon after J.Shaibu had the chance to add goal number three but he somehow missed from close range when it was easier to score. By rights we should have scored five or six but three points is three points

TNS 2-0 Bangor City L.Elford-Alliyu 49, 63

J.Dixon, J.Jones (J.Hawley), T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (A.Kwateng), C.Roddan (S.Quigley), J.N'Guessan, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: J.N'Guessan, R.Pryce

October 23rd:
News regarding the club sees the rumoured takeover collapsing again after John Jenkins bid for the club was rejected. In truth getting alittle fed up with the continued uncertainty regarding the club 

October 25th:
Injury news from the physio room sees G.Draper out for around 4-5 weeks with Tendonitis of his Achilles.

October 27th:
Port Talbot (A) (10/32)
Another impressive performance saw us dominating the game and on the 17th minute L.Elford-Alliyu curled the ball in from just outside the area to beat the keeper into the top corner. Five minutes later J.Shaibu came close as he beat the offside trap and fired under the keeper but the ball went just wide of the post. Just after the half hour Port Talbot had their only chance of the game with a powerful effort which saw J.Dixon at full stretch to save.
The second half was much the same as my side brushed aside the Port Talbot side and on the hour we had our next chance as a great team move saw W.Fletcher free inside the area but his final effort went just over. On the 75th minute we had yet another chance with A.Kwateng's free-kick being tipped over the crossbar by the Talbot keeper.  With eight minutes remaining in the game we got the second goal we deserved as W.Fletcher finished a great team move to slot in under the onrushing keeper. We wasn't finished though as deep into injury time R.Parry hit a powerful effort from 20 yards past the keeper and into the top corner

Port Talbot 0-3 TNS L.Elford-Alliyu 17, W.Fletcher 82, R.Parry 90+2

J.Dixon, J.Jones, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce (J.Hawley), R.Stambolsiev, J.N'Guessan (A.Kwateng), C.Roddan, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (W.Fletcher)

Booked: C.Roddan, A.Kwateng

After the game I was informed by the physio that I.Zmimer has resumed full training and could be ready for the next match

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+7pts)
JD Welsh Cup: 3rd Rd v Guilsfield 
Nathaniel MG Cup: Semi Final v Bala Town
Scottish League Challenge Cup: Knocked out 4th Rd v Queen of the South

November 2018:
November 1st:
The end of month awards have been handed out and L.Elford-Alliyu has been named as they Player of the Month and I have been awarded the Manager of the Month

November 2nd:
Airbus UK (A) (11/32)
We controlled the first half and on the 12th minute we had the chance to take the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu ran through the defence and fired towards goal but the keeper saved well. Ten minutes later J.N'Guessan had the next chance with a powerful strike from outside the area but the Airbus keeper again saved well. On the 26th minute we finally took the lead as J.Shaibu showed some great skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. With three minutes remaining in the half J.Shaibu had another chance to score but this time his effort went well wide of the post when it was easier to score.
The second half was much the same as we carried on the dominance and just after the hour mark L.Elford-Alliyu had another chance to score with a low shot which beat the keeper but a covering defender managed to clear off the line. However with twelve minutes remaining in the game our lack of a killer touch saw Airbus levelling as R.Pryce put through his own net to give the home side a very undeserved point. To say I wasn't happy was an understatement

Airbus UK 1-1 TNS R.Pryce 78 og / J.Shaibu 26

J.Dixon, J.Jones (J.Hawley), T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (A.Kwateng), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (W.Fletcher)

Booked: C.Roddan, R.Pryce

November 6th:
Connah's Quay (H) (12/32)
A real drab game for the fans with no real action. Unfortunately for the fans the first forty five minutes was more like watching paint.
The second half wasn't much better for us as we just failed to string more than a few passes together. The only piece of action saw Connah's strikers coming close from just outside the area but the effort was as bad as the game and went high and wide. The few fans that turned up showed their anger at the performance with a chorus of boo's

TNS 0-0 Connah's Quay

J.Dixon, J.Jones, T.Poole (J.Hawley), A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, J.N'Guessan (A.Kwateng), C.Roddan, R.Parry (S.Quigley), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: A.Evans, C.Roddan

November 10th:
Guilsfield (H) JD Welsh Cup 3rd Rd
After the last performance I wanted more from the players and so did the fans. Within the first couple of minutes we had our first chance with J.Shaibu hitting the post from outside the area after beating the defence to a loose ball. It did however take till the 27th minute for us to open the scoring as W.Fletcher ran onto a R.Parry through-ball and fired under the keeper. Just before the break we had another chance with a low shot from R.Stambolsiev which was well saved by the Guilsfield keeper
The second half was much the same as we dominated and on the 58th minute we added another goal with W.Fletcher heading in off the crossbar after beating the defence to an I.Zmimer cross. We were all over the Guilsfield side and on the 76th minute J.Shaibu added a third goal with a powerful strike which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Two minutes later though Guilsfield pulled a goal back with M.Williams heading past A.Gorman who was slow to react to a cross. With three minutes remaining in the game W.Fletcher completed his hat-trick with a fine strike after finishing a great team move

TNS 4-1 Guilsfield W.Fletcher 27, 58, 87, J.Shaibu 76 / M.Williams 78

A.Gorman, J.Hawley, N.Cobain, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, C.Roddan, R.Parry (capt), W.Fletcher, J.Shaibu

The draw for the JD Welsh Cup 4th Rd has taken place and we have bee drawn away from home against Bala

November 16th:
Injury news sees G.Draper resuming full training following his recent Achilles injury

November 17th:
Carmarthen (A) (13/32)
Another dominant game for my players as we let Carmarthen get nowhere near the ball and on the 22nd minute we took the lead as W.Fletcher beat the Carmarthen defence to a through-ball and fired under the keeper. Straight from kick off we intercepted the ball and I.Zmimer unleashed an unstoppable effort past the keeper. Carmarthen then finally got their act together and put all men behind the ball. On the 38th minute we had our next chance of the game as J.Shaibu jinked past three defenders and fired under the keeper however the upright saved the home sides day.
The second half was eight minutes old when we added our next goal as I.Zmimer showed the Carmarthen defence some great skill to beat the whole Carmarthen defence and wasted no time in rounding the keeper and sliding the ball into the back of the net. It was just too easy for us and on the 86th minute it was 4-0 with R.Stambolsiev getting in on the scoring fun with a low daisy cutter which gave the keeper no chance of saving. However we let ourselves down as deep into injury time a lack of concentration saw M.Jones heading past A.Gorman to give the fans something to shout about

Carmarthen 1-4 TNS M.Jones 90+2 / W.Fletcher 22, I.Zmimer 23, 53, R.Stambolsiev 86

A.Gorman, J.Hawley, N.Cobain (A.Evans), W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, C.Roddan (A.Kwateng), R.Parry (capt), W.Fletcher, J.Shaibu (L.Elford-Alliyu)

Booked: R.Pryce

Injury news sees W.Christopher out for around a week after damaging his heel during the match

November 21st:
Bala (H) Nathaniel MG Cup Semi Final
With a chance to reach yet another Nathaniel Cup Final I told my players to go out their and kill the game early. On the 15th minute we grabbed the lead as I.Zmimer jinked through the defence  with real ease and slotted in past the keeper. Ten minutes later W.Fletcher had the chance to make it two nil but he somehow managed to fluff his chance from close range much too the delight of the Bala fans. Just after the half hour though Bala had the chance to level with a rasping effort which saw A.Gorman at full stretch to save. With two minutes remaining in the half Bala had another chance with a low shot which was diverted wide of the post by T.Poole.
The second half was eight minutes old when Bala had the chance again to level with a curling effort which had A.Gorman scrambling along his line to save. On the 65th minute we doubled our lead as R.Stambolsiev curled a wonderous free-kick past the Bala keeper from 25 yards after L.Elford-Alliyu was brought down on the way too goal. Twelve minutes later we came close again as W.Fletcher played a one two with L.Elford-Alliyu but his final effort was some way off the mark. Their was one last chance to score on the 89th minute T.Poole slipped with ball but A.Gorman reacted well to run out and smother the ball

TNS 2-0 Bala I.Zmimer 15, R.Stambolsiev 65

A.Gorman, J.Hawley, N.Cobain (T.Poole), A.Evans, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, C.Roddan, R.Parry (capt), W.Fletcher, J.Shaibu (L.Elford-Alliyu)

After the game I was informed that we will be facing Gap Connah's Quay in the Nathaniel MG Cup Final on 27th January 2019

November 24th:
Bala (H) (14/32)
It was Bala who started the better and on the 21st minute they took the lead as D.Stephens beat my defence to a simple ball and wasted no time in firing with power past A.Gorman. Soon after they had another chance with a curling effort which saw J.Hawley heading off the line after A.Gorman was easily beaten. Just before the break we had our first chance of the game as J.Shaibu hit the crossbar from just inside the area.
The second half wasn't much better and on the 57th minute Bala had another chance with a low shot which beat the A.Gorman but not the bottom of the upright. Nine minutes later M.Jones gave Bala a two goal lead as he finished a wonderful team move to silence the home fans. Bala were looking good for it and on the 79th minute they had a goal ruled out for offside when luckily for us N.Cobain was clearly playing them on. With four minutes left in the game R.Stambolsiev pulled a goal back but it was far too little far too late

TNS 1-2 Bala R.Stambolsiev 86 / D.Stephens 21, M.Jones 66

A.Gorman, J.Hawley, N.Cobain, A.Evans, R.Pryce (T.Poole), R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, C.Roddan, R.Parry (capt), W.Fletcher (L.Elford-Alliyu), J.Shaibu (S.Quigley)

November 25th:
International news sees the United Kingdom leaving the European Union. However it wont effect the current work permit system and no new restrictions on European Union players

November 30th:
Newtown (H) (15/32)
Six minutes into the game Newtown had the chance to take the lead with a long range effort which beat J.Dixon but not the upright. On the 21st minute they had another chance as my defence seemed to be half asleep luckily the returning J.Dixon saved well. Nine minutes later we took the lead as J.Shaibu finally scored with a powerful effort which gave the Newtown keeper next to no chance of saving. On the stroke of half time we had another chance with a audacious try from 30 yards by I.Zmimer but the Newtown keeper managed to get back and save.
The second half was alittle better for us as we actually started to play and on the hour J.Shaibu doubled our lead with a simple effort after the keeper spilt a R.Parry effort. Despite not dominating we were looking good but as has happened a lot recently we lost concentration and L.Smith fired in for Newtown. On the 88th minute we should have killed the game off but J.Shaibu failed to complete his hat-trick.

TNS 2-1 Newtown J.Shaibu 30, 60 / L.Smith 74

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (J.N'Guessan), C.Roddan (N.Craig), I.Zmimer, R.Parry (capt), W.Fletcher, J.Shaibu

After the game I was informed that I.Zmimer will miss the next match after receiving his fifth yellow card in the last match

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+6pts)
JD Welsh Cup: 4th Rd v Bala
Nathaniel MG Cup: Final v Connah's Quay 

December 2018:
December 8th:
Haverfordwest (H) (16/32)
Ten minutes into the game we took the lead as R.Parry beat the offside trap and fired under the onrushing keeper. Soon after we had another chance as J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed a C.Roddan cross wide of the post. We were all over Haverfordwest and on the 33rd minute we grabbed a second goal with L.Elford-Alliyu slotting in from the penalty spot after R.Parry was brought down in the area. Six minutes later we added another goal as J.Shaibu ran onto a C.Roddan through-ball to fire past the keeper who was very slow to react. Straight from kick off we added yet another goal with J.Shaibu curled in from outside the area after the Haverfordwest defence failed to deal with a simple loose ball.
The second half was a different story though as we failed to dominate how we had in the first half but on the hour we added a fifth goal with L.Elford-Alliyu grabbing his second of the game. After the fifth goal though we seemed to fall asleep as on the 70th minute L.McArdle pulled a goal back after my defence misplaced a pass in the area. We weren't getting near the ball now and with three minutes remaining in the game conceded again as A.Evans diverted a powerful cross past J.Dixon to give Haverfordwest a second goal but luckily it was too late in the game too affect the result. However after the game I laid into the players for that last half hour of the match

TNS 5-2 Haverfordwest R.Parry 10, L.Elford-Alliyu 33 pen, 60, J.Shaibu 39, 40 /  L.McArdle 70, A.Evans 87 og

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (N.Craig), C.Roddan, A.Kwateng (J.N'Guessan), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

December 15th:
Cefn Druids (A) (17/32)
Six minutes into the game we had our first chance as a long ball over the top from W.Christopher was volleyed towards goal but the Druids keeper saved well to deny J.Shaibu. On the 23rd minute we had another chance with A.Kwateng running through the defence with ease and fired under the keeper but the ball went wide of the post. Twelve minutes later R.Parry came close with a curling effort from outside the area however the keeper managed to tip the ball around the post.
The second half was again all us and on the hour mark we had another chance to score with W.Fletcher running onto a R.Parry through-ball but the Druids keeper was on hand to smother the ball. On the 73rd minute we had yet another chance with W.Fletcher again coming close as he rose above the defence but his header was pretty poor and it went over the crossbar. With three minutes remaining in the game we had one last chance with L.Elford-Alliyu rattling the upright from ten yards when it was easier to score. I was far from happy with the strikers and the team in general for their lack of finishing

Cefn Druids 0-0 TNS

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, C.Roddan (N.Craig), A.Kwateng (J.N'Guessan), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (W.Fletcher)

Booked: R.Pryce, N.Craig

December 26th:
Aberystwyth (H) (18/32)
A poor start saw us a goal down within two minutes as R.James jinked through my defence with real ease and fired under J.Dixon. However the goal woke my players up and we started to perform and on the 16th minute J.Shaibu played a one two with A.Kwateng and fired straight into the keepers arms when an inch either side would of seen the equaliser. Twelve minutes later though we did grab the equaliser as L.Elford-Alliyu rose above the Aberystwyth defence and headed a R.Stambolsiev cross into the top corner. With six minutes remaining in the half we took the lead as J.Shaibu made a mockery of the Aberystwyth defence and rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net.
The second half was much the same as we carried on the pressure and five minutes into the half J.Shaibu beat the keeper with a thunderous effort but not the crossbar. Aberystwyth weren't getting close to the ball and on the 74th minute A.Kwateng curled a wonderous free-kick over the wall but the keeper somehow managed to get down and save the ball. With four minutes remaining in the game we made it three one with L.Elford-Alliyu doing the honours with his second of the game from six yards after running onto a R.Pryce through-ball.

TNS 3-1 Aberystwyth L.Elford-Alliyu 28, 86, J.Shaibu 39 / R.James 2

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole (A.Evans), W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, C.Roddan (J.N'Guessan), A.Kwateng, R.Parry (N.Craig), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Injury news sees J.Shaibu out for a few days after receiving a blow to the head

December 29th:
Transfer news sees I.Zmimer refusing a new contract after stating that he doesn't believe the squad is at high enough level to match his ambitions

Conwy (H) (19/32)
Eighteen seconds into the game we took the lead as W.Fletcher ran from the kick off and slotted in under the keeper. On the 11th minute we made it two nil with W.Fletcher grabbing his second of the game. Six minutes later it was three nil with W.Fletcher making it a quick fire hat-trick. Conwy weren't in the game at all and on the 36th minute R.Parry crashed the ball against the crossbar from ten yards after running onto a C.Roddan low pass. With four minutes left in the half we made it four nil with W.Fletcher grabbing his fourth goal of the game after finishing a great team move which gave the Conwy side no chance.
The second half was completely different as my side seemed to relax far too much and on the 68th minute L.Davey pulled a goal back for the away side. Ten minutes later Conwy had another chance as a poor clearance by A.Evans was volleyed back towards goal but J.Dixon brilliantly saved the ball. On the stroke of full time Conwy had a goal ruled out for offside after my side played a perfect offside trap

TNS 4-1 Conwy W.Fletcher 18 secs, 11, 17, 41 / L.Davey 68

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce (A.Evans), R.Stambolsiev (J.N'Guessan), C.Roddan, A.Kwateng, R.Parry (N.Craig), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), W.Fletcher

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+8pts)
Nathaniel MG Cup: Final v Connah's Quay 

January 2019
January 1st:
The end of month awards have been handed out and L.Elford-Alliyu has been handed the Player of the Month award for January. I have also been handed the Manager of the Month award

Aberystwyth (A) (20/32)
The game was all us as we controlled the game with ease and on the 13th minute we took the lead with a rasping effort from W.Fletcher which saw the Aberystwyth keeper saving well. Ten minutes later we had another chance as L.Elford-Alliyu rose above the defence and headed a C.Roddan cross wide of the post. It was far too easy for us and on the 35th minute R.Stambolsiev gave us the lead with a well struck free-kick after R.Parry was brought down. On the stroke of half time we had our next chance with L.Elford-Alliyu jinking into the area but his effort was well saved by the keeper.
The second half was much the same as we continued to control the game and on the hour mark N.Craig rattled the crossbar from outside the area after running through the defence with ease. Soon after L.Elford-Alliyu had another chance with a curling effort from just inside the area which beat the keeper but not the upright. Aberystwyth weren't getting close to the ball and on the 81st minute J.N'Guessan grabbed the second and final goal of the game with a low shot which beat the keeper to his bottom left corner

Aberystwyth 0-2 TNS R.Stambolsiev 35, J.N'Guessan 81

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, C.Roddan (J.N'Guessan), A.Kwateng (N.Craig), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), W.Fletcher

January 9th:
The club doctor has informed me that G.Osborn will be out for 3-4 days after getting food poisoning and C.Roddan will be out for two days after contracting flu

January 11th:
Bangor City (A) (21/32)
Four minutes into the game K.Griffiths took the lead as he beat J.Dixon to the a loose ball and fired into the back of the net. On the 11th minute though we equalised as W.Fletcher showed some pace to beat the Bangor City defence to the ball and fired with pace past the keeper. Eight minutes later we had another chance with a curling effort from R.Parry which was tipped onto the crossbar by the keeper. On the 36th minute we came close again as L.Elford-Alliyu rise above the defence and headed a R.Stambolziev cross just wide of the post. However five minutes later we were caught napping as K.Griffiths grabbed his second of the game with a thunderous volley which gave J.Dixon no chance of saving.
The second half was barely a minute old when we levelled again as N.Craig whipped in a great free-kick from 25 yards after W.Fletcher was brought down on the way to goal. On the 59th minute Bangor had another chance to score with a well worked team move which saw J.Dixon at full stretch to save. Five minutes later we took the lead for the first time as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a C.Morton through-ball and fired under the keeper. Their was one more goal in the game as with twelve minutes left on the clock W.Fletcher grabbed his second of the game with a brave header from R.Parry's cross.

Bangor City 2-4 TNS K.Griffiths 4, 41 / W.Fletcher 11, 78, N.Craig 46, L.Elford-Alliyu 64

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce (A.Evans), R.Stambolsiev, N.Craig (J.N'Guessan), A.Kwateng (C.Morton), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), W.Fletcher

Booked: J.Hawley, A.Kwateng, T.Poole

January 17th:
Yet again more rumours regarding the clubs future with the press stating Mike Harris is wanting to sell the club 

January 18th:
Port Talbot (H) (22/32)
It was Port Talbot who had the first effort of the game as on the 11th minute saw J.Dixon at full stretch to deny the effort. Seven minutes later we took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a R.Parry through-ball and fired under the onrushing keeper. On the half hour we had another chance with a long range effort from R.Stambolziev which saw the keeper tipping it over the crossbar. Just before the break R.Pryce had the next chance with a curling effort which clipped the upright and went out.
The second half was all us and on the 64th minute we had our next chance as C.Morton crossed into the area but W.Fletcher wide of the post. Ten minutes later it was R.Parry who had the chance with a low effort which again clipped off the outside of the upright. With twelve minutes remaining in the game A.Evans added another goal as he headed a R.Parry cross over the keeper and into the net. On the 80th minute we made it three nil with L.Elford-Alliyu doing the honours from outside the after beating the defence to a loose ball.

TNS 3-0 Port Talbot L.Elford-Alliyu 18, 80, A.Evans 78

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (J.N'Guessan), N.Craig, A.Kwateng (C.Morton), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), W.Fletcher

January 27th:
Connah's Quay (The Queensway International Stadium, Wrexham) Nathaniel MG Cup Final
We started the better and on the 12th minute L.Elford-Alliyu ran through the defence an fired under the keeper. Six minutes later we had another chance as J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed an A.Kwateng cross just wide of the post. On the 22nd minute we finally took the lead as R.Stambolziev curled in a free-kick past M.Askew after J.Sherman brought down R.Parry on the way too goal. Eight minutes later Connah's came close to levelling with N.Rushton testing J.Dixon with a powerful effort. With three minutes remaining in the half we made it two nil with J.Shaibu beating the offside trap after running onto a R.Stambolziev through-ball and fired under the keeper with ease.
The second half was much the same and on the 54th minute we had another chance to score with J.N'Guessan rattling the crossbar with a powerful effort from outside the area. Ten minutes later J.Shaibu came pretty close to scoring too with a daisy cutter from outside the area but  M.Askew saved well. On the 78th minute we added a third goal with R.Parry beating the outstretched arms of M.Askew to send the TNS faithful wild. With nine minutes remaining in the game we got the fourth and final goal as W.Fletcher played a one two with J.Shaibu and fired under the onrushing M.Askew.
After the final whistle I let my players celebrate but told them not to celebrate too had as we have a game in a few days

TNS 4-0 Connah's Quay R.Stambolsiev 22, J.Shaibu 42, R.Parry 78, W.Fletcher 81

TNS: J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole (A.Evans), W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer (J.N'Guessan), A.Kwateng, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt) (W.Fletcher), J.Shaibu

Connah's Quay: M.Askew, C.Morris, I.Evans, J.Sherman, S.Smith, K.Holsgrave (capt), G.Hughes, Z.Evans (L.Davies), J.Owen, N.Gray (T.Gray), N.Rushton (C.Williams)

Booked: Z.Evans (Connah's Quay)

The board have stated their joy at winning a 5th consecutive Nathaniel MG Cup.

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+10pts)
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winner v Connah's Quay 

February 2019:
February 1st:
The end of month awards have been handed out and L.Elford-Alliyu has been awarded the Player of the Month award again and I have been given the Manager of the Month again.

February 2nd:
Bala (A) JD Welsh Cup 4th Rd
We now faced our main rivals from last year Bala in the cup and we grabbed the first goal as L.Elford-Alliyu headed in from a R.Stambolziev cross on the 11th minute. Three minutes later though Bala levelled as A.Orme ran my defence around in circles and fired under J.Dixon. The game was pretty open and on the half hour L.Elford-Alliyu slotted in from close range after beating the defence to a loose ball. Just before the break Bala had a goal ruled out after the striker was adjudged to have fouled J.Dixon. 
The second half was four minutes old when Bala levelled again as A.Darlington jinked through the defence and fired past J.Dixon to send the home crowd wild. However their joy didn't last long as on the 54th minute A.Kwateng curled in a wonderful free-kick from 25 yards after J.Shaibu was fouled. Three minutes later J.Shaibu grabbed his first goal of the game with a well struck effort which gave the Bala keeper little chance of saving. We were rampant and on the 61st minute L.Elford-Alliyu completed his hat-trick with a brave header from an I.Zmimer cross. Bala were all over the place and seven minutes later R.Parry unleashed a thunderbolt into the top corner to give the Bala keeper little chance of saving. With seven minutes remaining in the game and virtually no Bala fans in the stand W.Fletcher added our seventh goal of the game with a low shot which beat the keeper to his near post. An emphatic victory

Bala 2-7 TNS A.Orme 14, A.Darlington 49 / L.Elford-Alliyu 11, 30, 61, A.Kwateng 54, J.Shaibu 57, R.Parry 68, W.Fletcher 83

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce (A.Evans), R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, R.Parry (J.N'Guessan), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (W.Fletcher)

Booked: T.Poole

The draw for the JD Welsh Cup ¼ Final has taken place and we have been drawn at home against Connah's Quay

February 5th:
Connah's Quay (A) (23/32)
Eight minutes into the game we went a goal down as N.Rushton beat my defence with ease and fired under the keeper. Soon after they had another chance with a powerful effort from distance which had J.Dixon at full stretch to save. We were being outplayed with ease and on the half hour they had yet another chance with a curling effort which was diverted wide of the post by T.Poole.
The second half was much the same as Connah's piled forward and on the 58th minute they came close after ripping my defence apart but J.Dixon saved our bacon yet again. I was getting more and more frustrated and on the 72nd minute N.Rushton headed a second for the home side. With three minutes remaining in the game Connah's had another chance as they broke into my defence with real ease but luckily their finishing was as bad as my sides defending. After the game I laid into my players and made sure they knew that it was double training in the morning

Connah's Quay 2-0 TNS N.Rushton 8, 72

J.Dixon, J.Hawley (A.Evans), T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (C.Morton), I.Zmimer, A.Kwateng (W.Fletcher), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: R.Parry, T.Poole

February 9th:
I have been linked with the vacant Peterhead job, I told the press that at the moment I wasn't interested in moving clubs.

Bala (H) (24/32)
Another excellent performance against Bala as we dominated throughout the game and on the 16th minute we grabbed the lead with a well struck effort from L.Elford-Alliyu which gave the keeper little chance of saving. Soon after we had another chance as J.Shaibu beat the offside trap but not the Bala keeper. On the 39th minute we had our next chance with a rasping effort from outside the area which saw the Bala keeper at full stretch to save.
The second half was four minutes old when we finally added goal number two with I.Zmimer doing the honours from outside the area after beating two defenders to a loose ball. Bala weren't getting anywhere near the ball and on the 71st minute we added another goal with L.Elford-Alliyu heading in an A.Kwateng cross. Seven minutes later the same player completed his hat-trick with a long range effort from outside the are which gave the keeper no chance of saving. However with a minute remaining in the game we lost concentration and S.Jones fired in a low shot with caught J.Dixon off guard.

TNS 4-1 Bala L.Elford-Alliyu 16, 71, 78, I.Zmimer 49 / S.Jones 89

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole (A.Evans), W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, A.Kwateng (C.Morton), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (W.Fletcher)

Booked: A.Kwateng

February 12th:
More rumours regarding the club sees news that Matthew Thomas has put a bid in for £1,700,000 for the club. We have been placed under a transfer embargo

Bangor City (H) (25/32)
The first half was pretty slow in truth for us with my side struggling to string more than a few passes together. On the 34th minute Bangor City had the first chance of the game as they broke through the defence but J.Dixon saved well to deny them. Just before the break they had yet another chance with a low shot which was diverted wide by W.Christopher. During the interval I expressed my pure delight at their first half performance.
The second half was a lot better for us as my players pulled their fingers out and started to play football. On the 66th minute we took the lead as T.Poole rose above the defence and headed a J.N'Guessan corner past the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a thunderous effort from J.Shaibu which had the keeper at full stretch to save. With nine minutes remaining in the game we added a second goal as R.Parry curled in from just outside the area after running in from the wing. An unimpressive victory in truth

TNS 2-0 Bangor City T.Poole 66, R.Parry 81

J.Dixon, J.Hawley (A.Evans), T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (I.Zmimer), J.N'Guessan, N.Craig, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt) (W.Fletcher), J.Shaibu

February 16th:
Haverfordwest (A) (26/32)
Six minutes into the game Haverfordwest came close with a curling effort from outside the area which had J.Dixon at full stretch to save. Soon after they had another chance as they broke through the defence but J.Dixon managed to block the effort. On the 29th minute though we took the lead as J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed in a R.Stambolsiev cross with our first effort of the game. Seven minutes later though Haverfordwest grabbed a deserved equaliser as A.Lewis beat the defence to slot in under J.Dixon.
Two minutes into the second half Haverfordwest took the lead as N.Skidmore ran into the area unmarked and rounded J.Dixon to slot home into the empty net. Haverfordwest were all over us and on the hour mark J.Hawley managed to divert the ball wide of the post after the rest of team failed to deal with some simple passing. With twelve minutes remaining in the game Haverfordwest had another chance to score with a long range effort which saw J.Dixon tipping the ball around the post. However deep into injury time we managed to equalise as L.Elford-Alliyu ran into the area with ease and slotted in under the Haverfordwest keeper to give us a very undeserving point

Haverfordwest 2-2 TNS A.Lewis 36, N.Skidmore 47 / J.Shaibu 29, L.Elford-Alliyu 90+2

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole (A.Evans), W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, J.N'Guessan (I.Zmimer), N.Craig, R.Parry (C.Morton), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: N.Craig, R.Pryce, A.Evans

Right guys this will be it until I get a day off or two for Christmas. Will obviously be around doing the Fantasy Football and Predictions League

February 23rd:
Connah's Quay (H) (27/32)
Connah's had the first chance of the game with a low effort on the 17th minute which saw J.Dixon scrambling along his line to save. Three minutes later we had our first chance with L.Elford-Alliyu heading into the keepers arms when it was easier to score. Just after the half hour we broke the deadlock with J.Shaibu beating the defence to a loose ball and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. On the 43rd minute we had our next chance with I.Zmimer curling the ball just wide of the post.
The second half was all us and on the 61st minute we had another chance with a thunderous effort from R.Parry which stung the fingers of the Connah's keeper. Six minutes later we nearly messed it all up as Connah's managed to counter us but a poor finish by their striker saved us. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we got the killer goal as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a R.Parry through-ball and rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net

TNS 2-0 Connah's Quay J.Shaibu 32, L.Elford-Alliyu 78

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (J.N'Guessan), I.Zmimer, N.Craig, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (Capt), J.Shaibu (W.Fletcher)

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+ 14pts 5 games remaining)
JD Welsh Cup: ¼ Final v Connah's Quay

• 2 weeks later...

March 2019:
March 2nd:
Connah's Quay (H) JD Welsh Cup ¼ Final
We didn't get off to the best of starts against Connah's and on the 12th minute they took the lead as N.Rushton barged into the area and fired under J.Dixon. Eight minutes later we levelled the scores with a long range effort from L.Elford-Alliyu after he saw the keeper off his line. However we let ourselves down as on the 23rd minute N.Rushton added his second of the game with a curling effort which J.Dixon failed to get too.  We recovered well as straight from kick off  L.Elford-Alliyu half volleyed a N.Craig cross past the Connah's keeper. On the 32nd minute Connah's were reduced to ten men after M.Owen was sent off for a second yellow card.
The second half saw us dominating with our numeral difference and on the 53rd minute we came close to taking the lead with a curling effort from R.Parry which saw the Connah's keeper at full stretch to save. On the 69th minute we finally took the lead as R.Stambolsiev jinked into the area and fired with power past the keeper. Nine minutes later L.Elford-Alliyu completed his hat-trick with a bullet header from a R.Parry cross to collect the match ball. With the referee about to blow the whistle we grabbed our fifth goal as W.Fletcher slotted home from outside the area.

TNS 5-2 Connah's Quay L.Elford-Alliyu 20, 24, 78, R.Stambolsiev 69, W.Fletcher 90+1 / N.Rushton 12, 23

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (J.N'Guessan), I.Zmimer, N.Craig, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (W.Fletcher)

March 4th:
Surprise surprise there are rumours that the takeover of the club is on the rocks, to say I'm getting fed up with the constant rumours is an understatement. In other news the draw for the JD Welsh Cup Semi Final has taken place and we have been drawn against Cefn Druids

March 6th:
For the love of all that is unholy there is more rumours regarding the club with the same investor as before putting in a bid. If this goes tits up I might be seriously tempted to look elsewhere

March 8th:
Without playing a game we have been crowned League Champions to complete a second domestic double. I let the players know I want them to enjoy the League victory but to be ready for the next game 

March 9th:
Finally the clubs future has been sorted as Matthew Thomas has taken over the club from Mike Harris. I thanked Mike Harris for his trust in me when he gave me the job. The new chairman Matthew Thomas has told me that he will invest around £2,700,000 into the club with the transfer budget being recalculated

Airbus UK (H) (28/32)
With the new chairman in the stands watching I told the players to give the new chairman a good show. However they didn't deliver as we struggled with the basics of the game. It took till the 34th minute for the first effort of the game with J.Shaibu running onto a R.Parry through-ball and fired under the keeper but the ball went wide of the post.
The second half wasn't much better with little in the way of action. The only real thing of note was the introduction of J.N'Guessan to the game as he replaced the injured N.Craig. The rest of the half was dire and I hope the chairman doesn't think that's the way my side plays

TNS 0-0 Airbus UK 

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, N.Craig (inj 65-J.N'Guessan), R.Parry (A.Evans), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (C.Morton)

Booked: T.Poole, R.Pryce, N.Craig, W.Christopher

Injury news sees N.Craig out for around 2-3 weeks after straining his groin during the game 

March 23rd:
Bangor City (A) (29/32)
Bangor started the half the better and on the 11th minute they came close with low shot which had J.Dixon at full stretch to tip round the post. Ten minutes later we had our first chance as J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed a C.Roddan cross just over the crossbar. With eight minutes remaining in the half we took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto the a R.Parry through-ball and fired under the keeper. Just before the break we had our next chance with L.Elford-Alliyu firing wide of the post from six yards when it was easier to score.
The second half was much the same as we continued to pressurize the Bangor defence and on the 68th minute we our second goal of the game with substitute S.Quigley beating the offside trap to fire in past the onrushing keeper. We were on control of the game but with four minutes remaining in the game Bangor pulled a goal back as L.Clowes sprinted into the area unmarked and fired past J.Dixon who looked like he had fallen asleep

Bangor City 1-2 TNS L.Clowes 86 / L.Elford-Alliyu 37, S.Quigley 68

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (J.N'Guessan), I.Zmimer, C.Roddan, R.Parry (C.Morton), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (S.Quigley)

March 31st:
Contract news sees both I.Zmimer and W.Fletcher refusing new contracts  despite offering them significant pay rises

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Champions (+ 17pts)
JD Welsh Cup: Semi Final v Cefn Druids

April 2019:
April 1st:
The end of month awards have been given out and I have been named Manager of the month again. The other news sees the new Chairman offer me a new one year contract worth £1,800 per week. I have asked for a delay until the end of the season

April 6th:
Bala (A) (30/32)
A poor start saw us a goal down within three minutes as S.Jones jinked through my defence and fired past J.Dixon. Soon after they had another chance with a curling effort which had J.Dixon saving brilliantly to deny them. On the 18th minute Bala grabbed a second goal with J.Gibbs heading with power past my keeper and W.Christopher who was supposed to be looking after the near post. Just after the half hour Bala came close to goal number three with a thunderous effort which had J.Dixon at full stretch to save.
The half time interval was alittle blue in the air to say the least and my harsh words seemed to work as on the 56th minute we pulled a goal back as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto a C.Morton through-ball and slotted in under the keeper. Seven minutes later we had the chance to equalise as J.Shaibu was brought down in the area, L.Elford-Alliyu stepped up and fired the penalty past the keeper. We were starting the dominate and with nine minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the winner as L.Elford-Alliyu completed his hat-trick with a powerful strike from just outside the area.

Bala 2-3 TNS S.Jones 3, J.Gibbs 18 / L.Elford-Alliyu 56, 63 pen, 81

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (J.N'Guessan), I.Zmimer, C.Roddan, R.Parry (C.Morton), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: C.Roddan

April 8th:
I was contacted by the Albion Rovers chairman in a view to take over at the club. I have asked for a delay to the end of the season and the chairman has agreed

April 13th:
Cefn Druids (The Queensway International Stadium, Wrexham) JD Welsh Cup Semi Final
With the chance of reaching the Welsh Cup final I told my players to go our and control the game and they did just that. On the 22nd minute we opened the scoring as R.Parry's long range effort was handled in the area, L.Elford-Alliyu stepped up and fired in low past the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance with C.Roddan trying his luck from outside the area but the Druids keeper saved well. Just before the break though Druids had their first chance with a well worked team move which saw T.Poole sliding in brilliantly to deny them.
The second half was all my side and on the 53rd minute we had a goal ruled out for offside even though it looked like J.Shaibu had timed his run perfectly. Eleven minutes later we added goal number two as J.Shaibu sprinted onto an I.Zmimer pass and rounded the keeper to slot home into an empty net. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we had our final chance as R.Parry crossed into the area but W.Fletcher failed to connect with the cross

TNS 2-0 Cefn Druids L.Elford-Alliyu 22 pen, J.Shaibu 64

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce (A.Evans), R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, C.Roddan (J.N'Guessan), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (W.Fletcher)

Booked: A.Evans

April 15th:
We will be facing Rhyl in the final of the JD Welsh Cup Final on Saturday May 11th 2019

April 18th:
I have been offered the managers job of FC Fredercia who are based in Denmark. I have asked to delay my decision to the end of the season which the club have agreed too.

April 20th:
Airbus UK (A) (31/32)
Not a great first half with little action for the fans. The first effort on goal saw the first goal as deep into injury time we took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu slotted in from close range after running onto a C.Roddan low cross.
The second half was not great for us as my players seemed to fall asleep and on the 66th minute E.Bellamy gave Airbus the equaliser with a thunderous effort which gave J.Dixon no chance of saving. Airbus were controlling the game and on the 89th minute they took the lead with a curling shot from E.Bellamy to give Airbus all three points. I was far from happy with my players after that pathetic excuse of a second half.

Airbus UK 2-1 TNS E.Bellamy 66, 89 / L.Elford-Alliyu 45+1

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev (J.N'Guessan), I.Zmimer, C.Roddan, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt) (S.Quigley), J.Shaibu

End of Month Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Champions (+ 16pts)
JD Welsh Cup: Final v Rhyl

May 2019:
May 5th:
The physio has informed me that C.Morton will be out for 3-4 days after getting food poisoning

May 7th:
Haverfordwest (H) (32/32)
Another poor start saw us a goal down on the 2nd minute as S.Jones ran through the defence with ease and slotted in under J.Dixon. Twelve minutes later though we equalised as L.Elford-Alliyu saw the Haverfordwest keeper off his line and lobbed him from 25 yards. On the 26th minute we took the lead as J.Shaibu played a great one two with L.Elford-Alliyu and fired in with power past the keeper. We were all over the Haverfordwest side and just before the break we had another chance with L.Elford-Alliyu rattling the crossbar from just inside the area.
Seven minutes into the second half was added a third goal with J.Shaibu beating the offside trap and running onto a C.Roddan through-ball to fire in past the keeper. On the 56th minute it was four one as L.Elford-Alliyu completed a brilliant team move to fire with power into the top corner of the net. However seven minutes later Haverfordwest pulled a goal back as C.Sheppard fired in a great free-kick from 30 yards after R.Stambolsiev brought down a Haverfordwest player. The goal didn't stop us though as we carried on the domination and with three minutes remaining we had another chance but J.Shaibu fluffed his chance of a hat-trick.

TNS 4-2 Haverfordwest L.Elford-Alliyu 14, 56, J.Shaibu 26, 52 / S.Jones 2, C.Sheppard 63

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, C.Roddan, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: W.Christopher

Archived