The Making of a Legend: The Mark Wilson Chronicles (Part One: A Saintly Beginning)

mark wilson27

May 11th:
Rhyl (Deeside Stadium, Connah's Quay) JD Welsh Cup Final
Two minutes into the final we went a goal down as M.Rees headed in a P.Rushton cross. Soon after they had another chance with C.Moses curling the ball towards goal but J.Dixon saved well to deny him. On the 17th minute we levelled the scores as L.Elford-Alliyu ran through the defence and fired a R.Parry pass under the body of N.Lee-Butler. Two minutes later though Rhyl retook the lead as R.Ahmadi jinked through my defence with ease and fired in past J.Dixon. The storming start to the game continued and on the 22nd minute R.Parry hit a thunderous effort into the top corner of the net after running onto a loose ball. Nine minutes later we added another goal with J.Shaibu running onto a R.Parry pass and wasted no time in dinking the ball over the onrushing N.Lee-Butler. With seven minutes remaining in the half we added another goal as J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed a R.Parry cross past the outstretched arms of N.Lee-Butler.
The second half was six minutes old when Rhyl was forced into a change as Z.Edwards came on for injured C.Moses. The second half wasn't as good as the first with not as much action. On the 73rd minute we had our next chance as L.Elford-Alliyu crashed a long range effort onto the crossbar after beating the Rhyl midfield to a loose ball. With nine minutes remaining in the game we added goal number five as L.Elford-Alliyu fired in from the penalty spot after M.Rees fouled I.Zmimer in the area.

TNS 5-2 Rhyl L.Elford-Alliyu 17, 81 pen, R.Parry 22, J.Shaibu 31, 38 / M.Rees 2, R.Ahmadi 19  

TNS: J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, R.Stambolsiev, I.Zmimer, C.Roddan, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Rhyl: N.Lee-Butler, S.Jones, M.Rees, J.Clarke, J.Parry, T.Pearson, O.Harvey (R.Smith), P.Rushton (A.Pogletke), S.Evans, R.Ahmadi, C.Moses (capt) (inj-51 Z.Edwards)

Booked: C.Roddan, W.Christopher (TNS) / O.Harvey, M.Rees (Rhyl)
Attendance: 2,486

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

End of Season Club Awards:
Fan's Player of the Season: L.Elford-Alliyu (78%)
Signing of the Season: J.Shaibu (Free Transfer - Brentford) 
Young Player of the Season: R.Parry

End of Season Club Stats:
Top Scorer: L.Elford-Alliyu 39 goals
Highest Average Rating: L.Elford-Alliyu (7.87) 
Most Yellow Cards: R.Pryce, I.Zmimer (7)
Most Red Card: No Red Cards 

End of Season Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Champions (+ 19pts)
JD Welsh Cup: Winner v Rhyl
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winner v Connah's Quay 
Scottish League Challenge Cup: Knocked out 4th Rd v Queen of the South
European Champions Cup: Knocked out 2nd Qualifying Phase v Ludogorets

Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Final Table
1st: TNS (74pts) (Champions Cup)
2nd: Haverfordwest (55pts) (Europa Cup)
3rd: Bala (50pts) (Europa Cup)
4th: Connah's Quay (43pts)
5th: Bangor City (41pts)
6th: Airbus UK (41pts) (Europa Cup)
------------------------------------------
7th: Port Talbot (46pts)
8th: Cefn Druids (43pts)
9th: Aberystwyth (43pts)
10th: Carmarthen (41pts)
11th: Newtown (26pts) (Relegated)
12th: Conwy (11pts) (Relegated)

May 26th:
The end of season awards have been handed out and J.Shaibu has been named Young Player of the Year and R.Parry has been named as Player of the Year. The leagues top scorer has been named as L.Elford-Alliyu who scored 28 league goals in 28 games
The Dafabet Welsh Premier League Team of the Year has been announced and we have several players in it, they are as follows:
J.Dixon, R.Pryce, R.Parry, R.Stambolsiev, J.Shaibu and L.Elford-Alliyu

May 27th:
Matthew Thomas the club chairman has come back to me with his contract offer and I have decided to stay on for another year. I rang the chairman of Albion Rovers and FC Fredercia to let them know I wont be taking over their clubs.

June 2019:
June 24th:
The draw for the Champions Cup 2nd Qualifying Phase has been drawn and we will be facing Northern Irish side Linfield, with the first leg being at home

June 25th:
In other news the United Kingdom has left the European Union but this wont effect the current  work permit rules and no new restrictions have been placed on European union players.
The board has also set out their expectations for the forthcoming season and they are as follows:-

Dafabet Welsh Premier League: Winners
JD Welsh Cup: Winners
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winners
Scottish League Challenge Cup: ¼ Finalists
European Champions Cup: 3rd Qualifying Phase

June 26th:
I have released my first player of the pre-season as G.Osborn will be leaving on a free

June 30th:
Two more players have left after failing to agree new contracts, they are W.Fletcher and J.Jones

Season Four 2019/20:
July 2019:
July 1st:
I have been approached by St.Mirren to take over their club and I have rejected the offer due to signing a new contract with TNS

July 6th:
We faced our first friendly as we played Dundee, in truth we never turned up in the first half and were four goals down by half time. The second half was alittle better as we pulled two goals back from L.Elford-Alliyu but it wasn't enough

July 13th:
Another friendly and another four goals conceded as we lost 4-1 to Swindon. J.Shaibu grabbed our only goal

July 16th:
I have been offered another two jobs with Parma Calcio 1913 and Barcelona B both offering me a job, I have decided to reject both clubs offers. Even though the Parma job was very tempting

July 17th:
Linfield (H) Champions Cup 2nd Qualifying Phase 1st Leg
Not much pre-season time had passed before we had our first competitive match and we made a cracking start as on the 22nd minute J.Shaibu gave us the lead with a powerful effort from outside the area which gave the Linfield keeper no chance of saving. Ten minutes later we had our next chance as C.Roddan fired wide of the post when it was easier to score. With eight minutes remaining in the half we grabbed goal number two as J.Shaibu jinked through the defence and fired under the onrushing keeper.
The second half was all my side and on the 59th minute L.Elford-Alliyu had the chance to score our third goal but his effort was easily saved by the keeper. Six minutes later J.Shaibu failed to grab his hat-trick after missing a sitter from six yards. On the 74th minute the third and final goal was scored as J.N'Guessan hit a long range effort into the top corner after seeing the keeper off his line.

TNS 3-0 Linfield J.Shaibu 22, 37, J.N'Guessan 74

N.Maher, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev, J.Shaibu, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt)

Booked: A.Evans, J.N'Guessan, I.Zmimer

July 19th:
The draw for the Champions Cup 3rd Qualifying Phase has taken place and we have been drawn against Czech side Sparta Prague. If we beat Linfield the first leg will be away from home

July 24th:
Linfield (A) Champions Cup 2nd Qualifying Phase 2nd Leg (agg 3-0)
We didn't get off to a great start as within four minutes A.Campbell gave Linfield the lead with a powerful effort. However on the 17th minute we levelled the scores with a curling effort from J.Hawley after running in from the wing. Nine minutes later we added another goal with J.Shaibu heading in from close range after a great cross from C.Roddan. On the 29th minute we made it 3-1 with J.Shaibu grabbing a second goal from close range. With five minutes remaining in the half we added another goal as L.Elford-Alliyu fired in from the penalty spot after R.Stambolsiev was brought down in the area. The same player added another goal deep into injury time with a fine strike from outside the area.
The second half was two minutes old when Linfield grabbed a second goal as P.Reid jinked through my defence with ease and fired under J.Dixon who seemed alittle slow to react. Just before the hour mark we added our sixth goal as L.Elford-Alliyu fired in his hat-trick from close range after beating the defence with ease to a J.Shaibu through-ball. With eight minutes remaining in the game Linfield pulled a goal back with P.Reid heading in from ten yards after the defence seemed to fall asleep.

Linfield 3-6 TNS A.Campbell 4, P.Reid 47, 82 / J.Hawley 17, J.Shaibu 26, 29, L.Elford-Alliyu 40 pen, 45+1, 59

N.Maher (J.Dixon), J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher (T.Poole), R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev (R.Parry), J.Shaibu, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt)

Booked: I.Zmimer

July 26th:
We now faced a friendly against Rhos and easily beat them 7-1 with a goal from R.Parry and brace from J.N'Guessan and a four goal haul from L.Elford-Alliyu

July 31st:
Sparta Prague (A) Champions Cup 3rd Qualifying Phase 1st Leg
Three minutes into the game Sparta grabbed the lead with a rasping shot from S.Okazaki which beat the outstretched arms of N.Maher. On the 18th minute they grabbed another goal as P.Jiracek beat N.Maher to a cross and headed past him into the back of the net. Two minutes later it was three nil with T.Konate beating my defence to the ball and wasted no time in firing under N.Maher who was slow to react. It was getting embarrassing now and just before the half hour it was four nil with S.Okazaki grabbing his second of the game with a low shot. On the 36th minute the final goal of the half was scored as S.Okazaki headed in from close range to complete his hat-trick.
The second half was a lot better for us as my defence finally shut up shop well reasonably well. Sparta did carry on the pressure and on the 65th minute they came close to scoring but T.Poole saved the day with a well timed challenge. Nine minutes later though Sparta grabbed the sixth goal of the game as J.Campa beat W.Christopher to a loose ball and fired under J.Dixon. With ten minutes remaining in the game J.Campa grabbed another goal as he beat the offside trap and wasted no time in rounding J.Dixon and fired into the empty net. I think we can say we are out of the Champions Cup

Sparta Prague 7-0 TNS S.Okazaki 3, 28, 36, P.Jiracek 18, T.Konate 20, J.Campa 74, 80

N.Maher (J.Dixon), J.Hawley (T.Poole), A.Evans, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev (R.Parry), J.Shaibu, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt)

Booked: W.Christopher, R.Pryce, J.Hawley, I.Zmimer

After the game I was informed that I.Zmimer will be out of the next leg after reaching the yellow card limit

August 2019:
August 3rd:
Our next game saw us facing a match against Jong Ajax, we played well and beat the 5-2 with a goal from J.N'Guessan and L.Elford-Alliyu. A hat-trick from J.Shaibu completed the rout however it came at a cost as I.Zmimer will be out of action for around a month after twisting his ankle during the game

August 7th:
Sparta Prague (H) Champions Cup 3rd Qualifying Phase 2nd Leg (agg 0-7)
Ten minutes into the game Sparta had the chance to score with a long range effort which J,Dixon saved well to deny them, however on the 21st minute Sparta grabbed the lead as S.Okazaki jinked into the area and fired under J.Dixon. With eight minute remaining in the half we managed to grab the equaliser with J.N'Guessan firing in a brilliant free-kick from 20 yards after L.Elford-Alliyu was fouled on the way to goal. Straight from kick off though we let ourselves down as some dire defending saw M.Frydek heading in from a cross.
The second half was a lot tight with little in the way of action and it took till the 85th minute for the final goal to be scored as S.Okazaki showed my defence up again and slotted in from close range to give Sparta a 10-1 aggregate victory

TNS 1-3 Sparta Prague J.N'Guessan 37 / S.Okazaki 21, 85, M.Frydek 38

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan (T.Poole), A.Kwateng (R.Parry), R.Stambolziev (C.Morton), J.Shaibu, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt)

Booked: A.Kwateng, R.Pryce

August 8th:
The odds for the forthcoming Premier League season have been released and we are quoted at 3-1 favourites with our closest rivals being Bala at 9-2

August 9th:
The draw for the Europa League Play-off round has taken place and we will be facing English opposition as we face Middlesbrough. The first leg will be played away from home

August 15th:
The draw for the Nathaniel MG Cup 2nd Rd has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against Caernarfon

August 18th:
I have decided to select L.Elford-Alliyu as my captain for the season with R.Parry as his vice captain
Injury news sees I.Zmimer returning too full training following his recent ankle injury

August 22nd:
Middlesbrough (A) Europa League Play-off 1st Leg
A perfect start saw us a goal up within nine minutes as L.Elford-Alliyu beat the offside trap and fired under the keeper. On the 11th minute we were two goals up with a thunderous effort from L.Elford-Alliyu which beat the keeper with ease. However we let ourselves down on the 22nd minute as a poor pass by R.Pryce was intercepted and fired under J.Dixon by V.Luchkevych. Soon after Boro had another chance with a powerful effort which saw J.Dixon at full stretch to save. With six minutes remaining in the half we added our third goal with a powerful effort from J.Shaibu which gave the Boro keeper no chance of saving.
The second half started well again for us and on the 59th minute we grabbed goal number four as J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed a R.Stambolziev cross past the keeper. However two minutes later Boro grabbed another goal as J.Rhodes ran into the area unmarked and fired under J.Dixon. After the goal we seemed to collapse and on the 75th minute J.Schlupp headed in off the upright after my defence fell asleep. Two minutes later J.Rhodes grabbed his second of the game with a powerful strike into the top corner. It was getting too easy for Boro and on the 81st minute N.Chalobah again headed in from close range after my keeper was caught flapping at a cross. With seven minutes remaining in the game Boro grabbed goal number six with J.Rhodes completing his hat-trick. A cracking game for the fans and despite the loss I was proud of my players and the four away goals were immense 

Middlesbrough 6-4 TNS V.Luchkevych 22, J.Rhodes 61, 77, 83, J.Schlupp 75, N.Chalobah 81 / L.Elford-Alliyu 9, 11, J.Shaibu 39, 59

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher, R.Pryce (T.Poole), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, A.Kwateng (C.Morton), R.Stambolziev, J.Shaibu, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt) (S.Quigley)

Booked: T.Poole, J.Hawley, A.Evans

August 25th:
Barry (H) Dafabet Welsh Premier League (1/32)
Four minutes into the game J.N'Guessan gave us the lead with a rasping free-kick from 30 yards after J.Shaibu was brought down. On the 21st minute we had another chance to score with a curling effort from A.Kwateng which beat the keeper but not the crossbar. Ten minutes later though Barry came close to scoring as they beat my defence to a loose ball but J.Dixon reacted well to deny them. Just before the break we had another chance to score as S.Quigley ran onto a C.Roddan through-ball and fired under the keeper but the ball clipped the outside of the upright.
The second half was much the same and on the 58th minute J.Shaibu had the chance to add another goal with a powerful effort which was well saved by the keeper. Ten minutes later it was Barry's chance to score with a low effort from just inside the area which J.Dixon managed to tip around the post. On the 77th minute we grabbed goal number two as S.Quigley jinked through the defence with ease and fired a powerful shot past the keeper to give us a good three points to start the season

TNS 2-0 Barry J.N'Guessan 4, S.Quigley 77

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher (T.Poole), R.Pryce (capt), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, A.Kwateng (R.Parry), R.Stambolziev (I.Zmimer), J.Shaibu, S.Quigley

August 29th:
Middlesbrough (H) Europa League Play-off 2nd Leg (agg 4-6)
The game was two minutes old when Boro were reduced to ten men after S.Quigley was hauled down in the area by keeper B.Guzan, C.Roddan stepped and fired past the Boro reserve keeper to give us the lead. On the 12th minute though Boro levelled the scores as V.Luchkevych ran through my defence with ease and fired past J.Dixon. Three minutes later though Boro were reduced to nine men as N.Chalobah lunged in on J.Shaibu, from the resulting free-kick R.Stambolziev rattled the crossbar. On the 17th minute Boro took the lead as Bernardo jinked into the area and fired under J.Dixon. Ten minutes later we had the chance to equalise as A.Kwateng tried his luck from distance but the Boro keeper was on hand to save the day. With five minutes remaining in the half we levelled the tie with a thunderous effort from S.Quigley which gave the keeper little chance of saving. Deep into injury time we added another goal as the Boro keeper flapped at R.Stambolziev cross and S.Quigley headed in to give us a 3-2 lead and an aggregate score of 8-7 to Boro.
During the interval I told the players to go out their and pressurize the Boro keeper. Eleven minutes into the half we added another goal as S.Quigley beat the offside trap and fired with pace under the keeper to level the aggregate score. We carried on piling forward and on the 65th minute J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed a R.Stambolziev cross past the flapping keeper. I couldn't believe what how we were playing against the nine men and with eight minute remaining in the game S.Quigley gave us another goal with a low shot which beat the keeper to his near post. The scoring wasn't finished and on the 87th minute J.N'Guessan made it 7-2 yes 7-2 to my side with a brilliant effort from outside the area to send us through to the group stage of the Europa Cup

TNS 7-2 Middlesbrough C.Roddan 2 pen, S.Quigley 40, 45+2, 56, 82, J.Shaibu 65, J.N'Guessan 87 / V.Luchkevych 12, Bernardo 17  

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher (T.Poole), R.Pryce (capt), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan (N.Cobain), A.Kwateng, R.Stambolziev, J.Shaibu (I.Zmimer), S.Quigley

Booked: A.Kwateng, R.Pryce
Sent Off: A.Kwateng (2 Yellows)

After the game I was informed that R.Pryce will be out of the next European game after picking up his third yellow card in Europe

August 30th:
The draw for the group stage of the Europa League has taken place and we have been drawn in Group J with Villarreal (ESP), Club Brugge (BEL) and Sampdoria (ITA)

salkster - Not sure if it's a record but I got to the point where I thought push everyone forward, noone expected us to get close to winning

September 2019:
September 2nd:
Some good injury news sees L.Elford-Alliyu back in full training after his recent knee injury

September 3rd:
Caernarfon (A) Nathaniel MG Cup 2nd Rd
We started brightly and on the 16th minute we took the lead with a rasping effort from outside the area from S.Quigley which beat the keeper to his near post. Ten minutes later we had another chance as J.Shaibu sprinted from the wing and unleashed a thunderous shot towards goal but the Caernarfon keeper saved well to deny him. On the 34th minute we added goal number two with J.N'Guessan sprinting through the defence and firing past the outstretched arms of the keeper.
The second half though was a lot tighter as my side seemed to forget how to attack and on the 61st minute we came close to a third goal with a speculative effort from 35 yards which saw the Caernarfon at full stretch to save.  On the 76th minute though we let ourselves down with some poor midfield play which saw J.Phillips heading in from close range. Eight minutes later they had the chance equalise but J.Dixon saved brilliantly to deny them.

Caernarfon 1-2 TNS J.Phillips 76 / S.Quigley 16, J.N'Guessan 34

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher (N.Cobain), R.Pryce (capt) (T.Poole), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, A.Kwateng (I.Zmimer), R.Stambolsiev, J.Shaibu, S.Quigley

Booked: A.Evans, A.Kwateng

More injury news sees keeper J.Dixon out for around 11 days after spraining his wrist during the game  

September 4th:
The draw for the Nathaniel MG Cup 3rd Rd has taken place and we have been drawn at home against either Airbus UK or West End

September 7th:
Another competition draw sees us facing a home tie against either Hearts Reserves in the Scottish League Challenge Cup 4th Rd

Haverfordwest (H) (2/32)
Nine minutes into the game we took the lead as J.Shaibu ran onto a R.Stambolziev through-ball and fired under the keeper. On the 23rd minute we had another chance to score with a long range effort from A.Kwateng which beat the keeper but not the crossbar. Twelve minutes later S.Quigley had another chance to score as he rose above the defence and headed straight into the keepers arms when an inch either side would have seen us a further goal up.
The second half was seven minutes old when we finally doubled our lead as J.Shaibu grabbed his second of the game with a long range effort which saw the Haverfordwest keeper flapping to save. We were in control the game but it took till the 80th minute for us to grab the next goal as J.Shaibu completed his hat-trick with a low shot. On the stroke of full time we added another goal with L.Elford-Alliyu firing in from the penalty spot after J.Shaibu was brought down in the area

TNS 4-0 Haverfordwest J.Shaibu 9, 52, 80, L.Elford-Alliyu 90+1 pen

N.Maher, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher (T.Poole), R.Pryce (capt), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, A.Kwateng (I.Zmimer), R.Stambolsiev, J.Shaibu, S.Quigley (L.Elford-Alliyu)

After the game we received more injury news as T.Poole will be out for around a month after straining his back

September 11th:
Bala (A) (3/32)
A poor first half saw us struggling to break down a stubborn Bala defence and it took till the 33rd minute for us to register our first meaningful chance as J.Shaibu headed a C.Roddan cross straight into the keepers arms. Just before the break we had another chance and this time it was S.Quigley who fluffed his chance to score.
The second half was alittle better as we made more chances however it took till twelve minutes from time for us to score the first goal as L.Elford-Alliyu beat the offside trap and slotted in under the keeper. On the 80th minute it was two nil with J.Shaibu doing the honours from close range after playing a good one two with L.Elford-Alliyu. Deep into injury time we had the chance for a third goal but L.Elford-Alliyu fluffed his penalty after C.Roddan's effort was handled in the area

Bala 0-2 TNS L.Elford-Alliyu 78, J.Shaibu 80 

N.Maher, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher, R.Pryce (capt), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, A.Kwateng (R.Parry), R.Stambolsiev (I.Zmimer), J.Shaibu, S.Quigley (L.Elford-Alliyu)

September 14th:
Cefn Druids (A) (4/32)
A dire game in truth with neither my side or the Druids side offering much in the way of attacking football. The first half didn't see a single effort on target.
The second half wasn't much better with little action to note, however just after the hour mark the winner was scored with W.Christopher rising above the defence to head in a C.Roddan free-kick after L.Elford-Alliyu was brought down on the way to goal. After the goal their was nothing left to note and the fans probably wished they hadn't bothered wasting their money

Cefn Druids 0-1 TNS W.Christopher 63

N.Maher, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher, R.Pryce (capt), J.N'Guessan (I.Zmimer), C.Roddan, A.Kwateng (R.Parry), R.Stambolsiev, J.Shaibu, S.Quigley (L.Elford-Alliyu)

Booked: J.Hawley, R.Pryce

September 16th:
More injury news sees J.Dixon back in full training only to go and injure his neck during training and will miss another month.

September 19th:
Sampdoria (H) Europa League Grp I (1/6)
Five minutes into the game Sampdoria grabbed the lead with a rasping effort from Eder which gave N.Maher no chance to save. However we reacted well and on the 19th minute L.Elford-Alliyu levelled the scores with a thunderous shot which beat the keeper into the top corner. Three minutes later though Sampdoria retook the lead as L.Muriel made a mockery of my defence and slotted in under N.Maher. It didn't get any better as on the 27th minute J.Hromada rose above my defence with ease and headed in at the keepers near post. We were being outplayed but luckily we managed to make to make it to half time without conceding again.
The second half was all Sampdoria and seven minutes into the half R.Alvarez grabbed Sampdoria's fourth goal with a low shot from six yards. Sampdoria were all over us and on the 72nd minute A.Budimir made it 5-1 after my defence failed to deal with a simple team move. Sampdoria had one more chance in the game as on the 89th minute they were awarded a penalty after A.Evans fouled in the area, luckily for him N.Maher saved the resulting penalty. However we have been taught a lesson again.

TNS 1-5 Sampdoria L.Elford-Alliyu 19 / Eder 5, L.Muriel 22, J.Hromada 27, R.Alvarez 52, A.Budimir 72

N.Maher, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher, D.Thomas, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, R.Parry (I.Zmimer), R.Stambolsiev (C.Morton), J.Shaibu (S.Quigley), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt)

Booked: J.Hawley

The physio room is getting full as S.Quigley will now be out for around a month after straining his groin during the later stages of the match

September 25th:
The draw for the Nathaniel MG Cup Semi Final has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against either Aberystwyth or Llangefni if we beat Airbus UK in todays match

Airbus UK (H) Nathaniel MG Cup 3rd Rd
Ten minutes into the game we had our first chance to score with J.Shaibu running through the defence with ease but the final effort was poor and the keeper saved well. On the half hour we had another chance as R.Stambolsiev curled a brilliant free-kick towards goal but the Airbus keeper saved well. We were all over the Airbus side and with a minute remaining in the half we took the lead as I.Zmimer jinked into the area unmarked and fired with pace past the diving keeper.
The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate and on the hour mark L.Elford-Alliyu rise above the defence and headed a J.N'Guessan cross just over the crossbar. It wasn't long till we had another chance to score as J.Shaibu showed the defence a clean pair of heels but the Airbus keeper managed to smother the attack before he had the chance to shoot. On the 76th minute we had another chance as R.Parry hit a thunderous effort towards goal but yet again the Airbus keeper saved well. With seven minutes remaining in the game though our lack of final touch came back to haunt us as C.Venables beat the offside trap and fired under N.Maher to send the game into extra time
Six minutes into the extra time we got back on track as J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed in a R.Parry corner after L.Elford-Alliyu's initial effort was well saved. Soon after we came close again with J.N'Guessan curling the ball towards the top corner but the Airbus keeper saved well. On the 107th minute we killed the game off as J.Shaibu ran onto a C.Morton through-ball and rounded the keeper to fire into the empty net. Airbus were running on empty now and we went through to the next round

TNS 3-1 Airbus UK I.Zmimer 44, J.Shaibu 96, 107 / C.Venables 83

N.Maher, J.Hawley, W.Christopher, A.Evans, R.Pryce (D.Thomas), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan (R.Parry), I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev (C.Morton), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

After the game I was informed that we will be facing Llangefni Town in the Nathaniel MG Cup Semi Final 

September 28th:
Connah's Quay (A) (5/32)
The midweek game seemed to affected us as we struggled the get going. It was Connah's who had the first chance as on the 14th minute they came close with a thunderous effort which had N.Maher at full stretch to save. Soon afterwards they had another chance as they broke through the defence but W.Christopher was on hand to slide in and save the day. On the 27th minute though Connah's were reduced to ten men after J.Owen was sent off for a second yellow card. Four minutes later we took the lead with our first attack of the game as L.Elford-Alliyu jinked through the defence and slotted in under the keeper.
The second half was pretty quiet in truth as we still struggled with the basics and just after the hour mark Connah's had the only chance of the half with a thunderous effort which saw N.Maher scrambling along the line to save. After that the game died a death and neither my side or the other side came close to scoring

Connah's Quay 0-1 TNS L.Elford-Alliyu 31

N.Maher, J.Hawley, W.Christopher, A.Evans. R.Pryce (D.Thomas), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer (R.Parry), R.Stambolsiev (C.Morton), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: I.Zmimer, D.Thomas

After the game I was informed that T.Poole is able to resume full training after three weeks out with a back strain

Monthly Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (Level on Pts)
JD Welsh Cup: Not entered yet
Nathaniel MG Cup: Semi Final v Llangefni Town
Scottish League Challenge Cup: 4th Rd v Hearts Reserves
European Champions Cup: Knocked out in 3rd Qualifying Phase v Sparta Prague 
Europa League: Group Stage

October 2019:
October 1st:
The monthly awards have been handed out and I have been named Manager of the Month 

October 3rd:
Club Brugge (A) Europa League Grp I (2/6)
We had the first chance of the game as on the 23rd minute J.Shaibu ran into the area unmarked and fired towards goal but the Brugge keeper was on hand to block the effort. Nine minutes later Brugge had their first chance with a thunderous effort which saw N.Maher at full stretch to save. With four minutes remaining in the half Brugge took the lead as Alan beat the offside trap and rounded N.Maher to slide the ball into the empty net.
The second half was all Brugge and twelve minutes in they made it two nil with E.Felpe heading in past the keeper from a corner. On the 63rd minute it was three nil with E.Felpe grabbing his second of the game with a thunderous effort which beat N.Maher into the top corner. With fifteen minutes remaining in the game Brugge had their final chance as they broke through my defence with ease and fired towards goal but N.Maher produced a world class save to deny them

Club Brugge 3-0 TNS Alan 41, E.Felpe 57, 63

N.Maher, J.Hawley, W.Christopher, A.Evans, R.Pryce (D.Thomas), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan (R.Parry), I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev (T.Poole), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: I.Zmimer, J.N'Guessan

October 5th:
Injury news sees J.Dixon back in full training after his recent injury

October 7th:
The draw for the JD Welsh Cup 3rd Rd has taken place and we will be facing a home tie against Carmarthen

October 8th:
Carmarthen (A) (6/32)
The game started well for us as we piled forward and on the 20th minute we took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu ran onto an I.Zmimer through-ball and fired under the onrushing keeper. Twelve minutes later we had another chance to score with a low shot from R.Stambolziev but the Carmarthen keeper was on hand to block the effort. Just before the break we had another chance to score as J.N'Guessan fired a free-kick over the wall but the crossbar got in the way and the ball bounced away.
The second saw us controlling the game without getting out of second gear and on the 65th minute J.Shaibu headed in from close range to give us our second goal. Ten minutes later C.Roddan stung the fingers of the keeper from just outside the area after running from the halfway line with the ball. With a couple of minutes remaining in the game we had our final chance as L.Elford-Alliyu played a nifty one two with J.Shaibu but before he could finish the move the Carmarthen keeper smothered the ball at his feet

Carmarthen 0-2 TNS L.Elford-Alliyu 20, J.Shaibu 65

N.Maher, J.Hawley, W.Christopher (T.Poole), A.Evans, R.Pryce (D.Thomas), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev (R.Parry), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

October 13th:
Hearts Reserves (H) Scottish League Challenge Cup 4th Rd
Seven minutes into the game Hearts grabbed the lead with D.Mayler jinking into the area with ease and wasted no time in firing under N.Maher. On the 14th minute Hearts had their next chance with a thunderous effort which saw N.Maher flapping at the effort. Five minutes later we levelled the scores as a R.Stambolsiev free-kick was headed in by T.Poole after J.Shaibu was fouled. The goal seemed to get the Hearts players up and going and on the 36th minute we were behind again as J.Cameron sprinted into the area unmarked and fired past N.Maher who was slow to react.
The second half was all Hearts and on the 63rd minute they had another chance to score with a long range effort which saw A.Gorman at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later they came close again with a powerful effort which was diverted wide by A.Evans. Hearts were controlling the game and on the 85th minute A.Gorman saved a penalty after R.Pryce fouled in the area

TNS 1-2 Hearts Reserves T.Poole 19 / D.Mayler 7, J.Cameron 36

N.Maher (A.Gorman), J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan (C.Morton), I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt) (A.Kwateng), J.Shaibu

Booked: T.Poole

After the game I was informed that L.Elford-Alliyu will be out for around six days with a bruised head

October 16th:
More injury news sees the return too full training of S.Quigley after his recent groin strain 

October 18th:
Bangor City (H) (7/32)
Within a minute of kick off  we took the lead as J.N'Guessan curled in a free-kick from 25 yards after C.Roddan was brought down on the way too goal. Soon after we had another chance to score with L.Elford-Alliyu heading wide of the post from a R.Stambolziev cross. On the 27th minute we double our lead as J.Shaibu ran onto an I.Zmimer through-ball and rounded the keeper to slide the ball into the back of the net. With five minutes remaining in the half we made it three nil with A.Evans heading a R.Stambolziev corner past the keeper after J.Shaibu's initial effort was well saved.
The second half was seven minutes old when we added another goal with A.Evans heading a second goal of the game past the keeper from J.N'Guessan's free-kick. Bangor weren't getting near the ball and on the 76th minute we came close to a fifth goal as D.Thomas rattled the crossbar from outside the area. With seven minutes remaining in the game goal number five was scored as I.Zmimer jinked into the area with the ball and wasted no time in firing under the inrushing keeper

TNS 5-0 Bangor City J.N'Guessan 1, J.Shaibu 27, A.Evans 40, 52, I.Zmimer 83

N.Maher, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, R.Pryce (W.Christopher), J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev (C.Morton), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt) (D.Thomas), J.Shaibu
Booked: D.Thomas

October 21st:
Airbus UK (H) (8/32)
The perfect start gave us the lead on the 5th minute with L.Elford-Alliyu doing the damage from inside the area after beating the offside trap. Ten minutes later we came close to a second with the same player heading into the keepers arms from a C.Roddan cross. On the 26th minute we added our second goal with J.Hawley venturing upfield and unleashing a thunderbolt from the wing to beat the keeper into the top corner. However with four minutes remaining in the half we conceded a sloppy goal as T.Poole's poor pass was intercepted and J.Managh fired in under N.Maher.
The second half was all us again however it took us till the 74th minute to register a shot on target with C.Roddan curling the ball into the area but L.Elford-Alliyu's header was easily saved by the keeper. With seven minutes left on the clock we added the final goal with J.Shaibu rounding the keeper to slide the ball into the empty net

TNS 3-1 Airbus UK L.Elford-Alliyu 5, J.Hawley 26, J.Shaibu 83 / J.Managh 41

N.Maher, J.Hawley, T.Poole (W.Christopher), A.Evans, R.Pryce (C.Morton), J.N'Guessan (D.Thomas), C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

October 24th:
Villarreal (H) Europa League Group I (3/6)
Another good start saw us taking the lead on the 8th minute as L.Elford-Alliyu fired in from close range to send the home crowd wild. However it didn't last too long as on the 20th minute J.dos Santos rose above the defence with ease and headed past N.Maher. Just after the half hour we were behind as D.Albitre finished a great Villarreal move to slide the ball under my keeper and into the back of the net.
The second half was two minutes old when R.Quaison made it 3-1 with a powerful strike which rattled in off the upright. It didn't get nay better as on the 50th minute a rash challenge by A.Evans saw Villarreal awarded a penalty which Josue duly fired in. Seven minutes later though we somehow managed to pull a goal back as we countered the Villarreal attack and J.N'Guessan unleashed a screamer from twenty yards. Yet again though we let ourselves down as on the 61st minute R.Quaison grabbed his second of the game with a simple tap in after some major confusion in our area. Ten minutes later though we made it 5-3 with L.Elford-Alliyu grabbing his second of the game with a well placed shot which gave the keeper little chance of saving. With two minute remaining on the clock we had the chance to make it 5-4 after J.Shaibu was brought down in the area but L.Elford-Alliyu failed to convert the penalty and missed out on his hat-trick 

TNS 3-5 Villarreal L.Elford-Alliyu 8, 71, J.N'Guessan 57 / J.dos Santos 20, D.Albitre 33, R.Quaison 47, 61, Josue 50 pen

N.Maher, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans (W.Christopher), R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan (C.Morton), C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Stambolsiev (D.Thomas), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: I.Zmimer, L.Elford-Alliyu

October 27th:
Aberystwyth (A) (9/32)
Yet another good start saw us taking the lead in the 6th minute as B.Maund rounded the keeper to slam the ball into the back of the net. Soon after we had another chance with J.Shaibu finishing a great team move which started with N.Maher. We were in complete control but as has happened too many times we switched off for a second and  G.Kalloway punished us with a curling effort past the keeper. 
During the half time interval I was forced into a change as I.Zmimer was struggling with his ankle, T.Poole came on in his place. The second half was a pretty quiet affair with neither my side or the Aberystwyth side doing anything creatively but on the 73rd minute my side were reduced to ten men after D.Thomas was sent off for a second yellow card. Eight minutes later the game was over as J.Shaibu finished the only real attack of the half with a fine effort which gave the Aberystwyth keeper little chance of saving 

Aberystwyth 1-3 TNS G.Kalloway 41 / B.Maund 6, I.Zmimer 23, J.Shaibu 81 

N.Maher, J.Hawley, W.Christopher, A.Evans, D.Thomas, J.N'Guessan, C.Morton (capt), I.Zmimer (inj 45-T.Poole), R.Stambolsiev (C.Roddan), B.Maund (L.Elford-Alliyu), J.Shaibu

Booked: D.Thomas, C.Roddan
Sent Off: D.Thomas (2 yellows)

After the game I was informed that I.Zmimer will be out for around 6-7 weeks after spraining his ankle during the match. Also D.Thomas will be banned for one match after his red card, he also received a warning from me after the match

Monthly Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+ 3pts)
JD Welsh Cup: 3rd v Carmarthen
Nathaniel MG Cup: Semi Final v Llangefni Town
Scottish League Challenge Cup: Knocked out in 4th Rd v Hearts Reserves
Europa League: Group Stage

November 2019:
November 1st:
The monthly awards have been handed out and J.Shaibu has been named Player of the Month and I have been named Manager of the Month

November 2nd:
Barry (A) (10/32)
A terrible start saw us a goal down with two minutes as A.Boss rose above my defence and headed in from close range. Soon after Barry had another chance to score with a curling effort which saw N.Maher at full stretch to save. We were being outplayed and on the 23rd minute they had another chance with a low shot which went just wide of the post. On the 36th minute we had our first chance of the game and it resulted in our first goal as C.Morton hit a screamer from 30 yards and into the back of the net. On the stroke of half time we added a second goal with B.Maund tapping in from close range to give us an undeserved lead going into the break.
During the interval I told the players that were lucky to be leading and that we need more from them. They seemed to listen as on the 53rd minute J.Shaibu ran onto a R.Stambolziev  through-ball and fired under the keeper. We were all over Barry now and on the 76th minute L.Elford-Alliyu curled the ball onto the upright after running onto a loose ball. With four minutes remaining in the game J.N'Guessan gave us the final goal of the game with a well struck from 20 yards to give us our fourth goal and all three points

Barry 1-4 TNS A.Boss 2 / C.Morton 36, B.Maund 45, J.Shaibu 53, J.N'Guessan 86

N.Maher, J.Hawley, W.Christopher, A.Evans, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, C.Morton (C.Roddan), R.Parry (capt), R.Stambolziev (T.Poole), B.Maund (L.Elford-Alliyu), J.Shaibu

November 7th:
Villarreal (A) Europa League Grp I (4/6)
Five minutes into the we were a goal down as R.Soriano headed in past J.Dixon after some woeful defending. On the 10th minute though we equalised as L.Elford-Alliyu hit a long range effort into the top corner of the net. However three minutes later we let ourselves down as some poor defending saw N.Leiva running into the area unmarked and fired in under J.Dixon. Villarreal were all over us now and on the 36th minute D.Diaz slotted in from close range after a poor clearance by R.Pryce. On the stroke of half time it was four one with J.Marquez heading in from a corner after a brilliant save by J.Dixon.
The second half was two minutes old when J.Marquez grabbed his second of the game with a low shot which beat J.Dixon with ease. On the 58th minute we were reduced to ten men after C.Roddan was sent off for a second yellow card. Luckily for us the rest of the half saw Villarreal controlling the game but without troubling my defence. However the game again showed how far behind we are in Europe compared to the rest

Villarreal 5-1 TNS R.Soriano 5, N.Leiva 13, D.Diaz 36, J.Marquez 45, 47 / L.Elford-Alliyu 10

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, T.Poole, R.Pryce (D.Thomas), J.N'Guessan, W.Christopher (A.Kwateng), C.Roddan, R.Parry (C.Morton), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: C.Roddan, A.Evans
Sent off: C.Roddan (2 yellows)

After the game I was informed that we have been unsurprisingly knocked out of the Europa League

November 11th:
Carmarthen (H) JD Welsh Cup 3rd Rd
The game was four minutes old when we had the first chance from the penalty spot after R.Parry was brought down in the area, L.Elford-Alliyu stepped up and fired just wide of the post. On the 15th minute we had another chance with a long range effort from C.Roddan which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. Just after the half hour we finally took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu made up for his early penalty miss with a thunderous shot from outside the area which gave the keeper no chance of saving. With six minutes remaining in the half we made it 2-0 with J.Shaibu heading in a C.Roddan cross.
The second half was much the same as we dominated and five minutes into it we added another goal with J.Shaibu doing the honours with another header from yet another C.Roddan cross. We were all over Carmarthen and on the 76th minute we grabbed the final goal with L.Elford-Alliyu firing in his second of the game with a simple tap in after some woeful Carmarthen defending.

TNS 4-0 Carmarthen L.Elford-Alliyu 31, 76, J.Shaibu 39, 50

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, T.Poole, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, W.Christopher, C.Roddan, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

The draw for the JD Welsh Cup 4th Rd has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against Prestatyn

November 13th:
Bala (H) (11/32)
Six minutes into the game we took the lead as J.Shaibu beat the offside trap and fired in from close range. Soon after L.Elford-Alliyu headed straight into the keepers arms from a J.N'Guessan cross. On the 19th minute though Bala had their first chance with a powerful strike which saw J.Dixon at full stretch to save the ball. Twelve minutes later Bala came close again as they ran through my defence with ease but J.Dixon ran out and smothered the ball. On the 35th minute a poor challenge by J.Hawley saw Bala awarded a penalty, J.Gibbs stepped up and fired past J.Dixon who had dived the wrong way.
The second half started with J.Shaibu testing the keeper from 25 yards after spotting him off the line however the keeper managed to get a finger on it to tip it over the crossbar. On the 64th minute we had another chance as L.Elford-Alliyu played a one two with C.Morton but the final effort went well wide of the post. With ten minutes remaining in the game  Bala had the chance to win it after D.Thomas failed to clear a simple ball but luckily for us  J.Dixon was on hand to block the effort

TNS 1-1 Bala J.Shaibu 6 / J.Gibbs 35 pen 

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, T.Poole, R.Pryce (D.Thomas), J.N'Guessan, W.Christopher (R.Stambolziev), C.Roddan, R.Parry (C.Morton), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

After the game the physio informed me that J.Shaibu will be out for around 3-6 days after damaging his heel during the game 

November 16th:
Haverfordwest (A) (12/32)
The game started with Haverfordwest coming close as they beat the offside trap with ease and fired under J.Dixon luckily for us the ball bobbled just wide of the post. Soon after we had our first chance as B.Maund stung the fingers of the keeper after breaking clear of the defence. On the half hour though a poor clearance by T.Poole saw M.Jones intercept the ball and fire it with pace past J.Dixon. Just before the break we had our next chance with B.Maund failing to hit the target from close range.
The second half was  ten minutes old when Haverfordwest rattled the upright after beating my defence again to an easy ball. On the 69th minute we came close to levelling the game as S.Quigley threaded the ball to the feet of L.Elford-Alliyu who lashed the ball wide of the post. With twelve minutes remaining in the game Haverfordwest killed the game off as M.Jones headed in from close range after some woeful defending

Haverfordwest 2-0 TNS M.Jones 30, 78

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, T.Poole, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, A.Kwateng (W.Christopher), C.Roddan (C.Morton), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), B.Maund (S.Quigley)

November 20th:
Llangefni (A) Nathaniel MG Cup Semi Final
A minute into the game we took the lead as L.Elford-Alliyu ran into the area unmarked and fired with pace past the keeper. On the 16th minute we doubled our lead with a powerful strike from L.Elford-Alliyu which gave the keeper no chance of saving. We were in complete control and on the 25th minute B.Maund headed in our third goal  after beating the defence to a C.Roddan cross. Three minutes later Llangefni grabbed a goal however it was an own goal as C.Roberts diverted a R.Parry cross past his own keeper.
The second half was very one sided as we continued to control the game and on the 66th minute we added a fifth goal with L.Elford-Alliyu grabbing his hat-trick from ten yards. Ten minutes later we had another chance as R.Stambolziev fired in towards goal but the Llangefni keeper saved brilliantly to deny him. With seven minutes remaining in the game Llangefni pulled a goal back as G.Morris curled in a free-kick from 25 yards to give J.Dixon no chance of saving. On the stroke of full time Llangefni were reduced to ten men after D.Kavanegh picked up a second yellow card followed by a red

Llangefni 1-5 TNS G.Morris 83 / L.Elford-Alliyu 1, 16, 66, B.Maund 25, C.Roberts og 28

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, T.Poole, R.Pryce (D.Thomas), J.N'Guessan, A.Kwateng (R.Stambolziev), C.Roddan, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), B.Maund (S.Quigley)

After the game I was informed that we will be facing Connah's Quay in the Nathaniel MG Cup Final on January 26th 2020

November 23rd:
Cefn Druids (H) (13/32)
A poor start saw us a goal down on the 6th minute as D.Griffiths ran through the defence with far too much ease and fired under J.Dixon. Twelve minutes later they had another chance with a rasping effort from outside the area which saw J.Dixon at full stretch to save. On the 28th minute they came close again as a poor clearance by T.Poole was intercepted but J.Dixon again saved the day. Six minutes later it was 2-0 as J.Morgan showed great composure to dink the ball over J.Dixon who was sprinting out to a poor back pass.
The second half was alittle better for us as we actually began to play and on the 59th minute B.Maund had our first chance with an audacious effort from 35 yards which beat the keeper but not the crossbar. Finally on the 72nd minute we pulled a goal back as L.Elford-Alliyu beat the offside trap and fired with pace past the keeper. We were piling on the pressure and with four minutes remaining in the game we levelled the game with a low shot which beat the keeper at his far post. I was far from happy with the teams  performance and let them know my displeasure

TNS 2-2 Cefn Druids L.Elford-Alliyu 72, S.Quigley 86 / D.Griffiths 6, J.Morgan 34

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, T.Poole, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, A.Kwateng (R.Stambolziev), C.Roddan, R.Parry (W.Christopher), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), B.Maund (S.Quigley)

Booked: A.Evans, A.Kwateng, T.Poole, R.Pryce

November 28th:
Sampdoria (A) Europa League Grp I (5/6)
Three minutes into the game we were a goal down as L.Muriel beat my defence to a loose ball and fired in under J.Dixon. Soon after they added a second as Eder jinked into the area and fired with pace past my keeper. On the 23rd minute Eder grabbed his second of the game with a thunderous strike into the top corner. We were being walked over and on the 39th minute L.Muriel added his second of the game with a well struck effort which gave my keeper no chance of saving. Deep into first half injury L.Muriel completed his hat-trick with a brave header.
The second half was no better and on the 56th minute Eder completed his hat-trick as he again beat my defence with ease and fired under the keeper. It was becoming embarrassing and with twelve minutes remaining in the game Eder added goal number four with a curling effort. Their was one final goal in the game as Eder added his fifth goal of the game with a simple tap in to complete the rout

Sampdoria 8-0 TNS L.Muriel 3, 39, 45+2, Eder 16, 23, 56, 78, 89

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, T.Poole, R.Pryce (W.Christopher), J.N'Guessan (C.Morton), A.Kwateng, R.Stambolziev (D.Thomas), R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), B.Maund

November 29th:
Some good news on the injury front sees I.Zmimer returning back to full training following his recent ankle injury

Monthly Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+ 1pts)
JD Welsh Cup: 4th Rd v Prestatyn
Nathaniel MG Cup: Final v Connah's Quay
Europa League: Knocked out in Group Stage

December 2019:
December 1st:
Llangefni (A) (14/32)
Three minutes into the game we took the lead as J.Shaibu ran through the defence and fired under the keeper. On the 12th minute it was two nil with J.Shaibu grabbing his second of the game. We were controlling the game but on the 23rd minute Llangefni pulled a goal back as D.Kavanagh headed in off the upright. Three minutes later though we added our third goal as L.Elford-Alliyu jinked into the area and slotted in under the onrushing keeper. On the stroke of half time we made it 4-1 as J.N'Guessan curled in a free-kick from 25 yards after B.Maund was brought down.
The second half was five minutes old when Llangefni grabbed a goal back as G.Morris beat the offside trap and hit a powerful effort past the keeper. On the hour it was our turn as J.Shaibu failed to complete his hat-trick after being one on one with the Llangefni keeper. Seven minutes later we grabbed our fifth goal as L.Elford-Alliyu headed in from an A.Kwateng cross.. With twelve minutes remaining in the game the final goal was scored as G.Morris headed in past J.Dixon to make the final scoreline 5-3

Llangefni 3-5 TNS D.Kavanagh 23, G.Morris 50, 78 / J.Shaibu 3, 12, L.Elford-Alliyu 26, 67, J.N'Guessan 45

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans (D.Thomas), T.Poole, R.Pryce, A.Kwateng, J.N'Guessan, R.Parry (W.Christopher), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), B.Maund (I.Zmimer), J.Shaibu

Booked: T.Poole, A.Evans, D.Thomas

December 4th:
Llangefni (H) (15/32)
A slow start to the game saw little in the way of action till the 34th minute when J.Shaibu about broke the upright from ten yards after firing with pace towards the goal. On the stroke of half time we had another chance with a long range effort which saw the Llangefni keeper at full stretch to save.
The second half was only two minutes old when the first goal was eventually scored as R.Stambolziev hit a thunderous free-kick past the keeper and into the back of the net after J.Shaibu was fouled. On the 50th minute it was two nil with L.Elford-Alliyu heading in off the upright from a R.Parry cross. Seven minutes later we added another goal as J.Shaibu played a one two with L.Elford-Alliyu and slotted in from close range. On the 59th minute L.Elford-Alliyu grabbed his second of the game from the penalty spot after J.Shaibu was brought down in the area. It was getting too easy and on the 70th minute we made a mistake and G.Morris slotted in for Llangefni. Four minutes later we regained our advantage as J.Shaibu added his second of the game from close range after running through the defence with ease. With ten minutes remaining in the game G.Morris grabbed his second of the game for Llangefni. With two minutes remaining in the game L.Elford-Alliyu completed his hat-trick as he fired in from penalty spot after R.Stambolziev was brought down.

TNS 6-2 Llangefni R.Stambolziev 47, L.Elford-Alliyu 50, 59 pen, 88 pen, J.Shaibu 57, 74 / G.Morris 70, 80

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, T.Poole, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, A.Kwateng, R.Parry, R.Stambolziev, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

December 7th:
Connah's Quay (H) (16/32)
The game began with Connah's Quay firing just over from close range after my defence seemed to fall asleep. On the 14th minute they had another chance with a long range shot which saw J.Dixon at full stretch to save. Ten minutes later we had our first chance as A.Kwateng headed a R.Stambolziev cross over the crossbar when he should of scored. Just before the break we had our next chance as J.Shaibu ran into the area unmarked and fired a R.Stambolziev cross wide of the post.
The second half was three minutes old when we had our next chance with R.Parry trying his luck from distance but the keeper managed to save the day with a great save. Just after the hour the deadlock was finally broke as J.N'Guessan unleashed a thunderbolt from twenty yards to beat the Connah's Quay keeper into the top corner. We were by far the better side and on the 79th minute we came close to killing the game off with a powerful effort from J.Shaibu which was tipped round the post by the keeper.

TNS 1-0 Connah's Quay J.N'Guessan 61

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, T.Poole, R.Pryce, J.N'Guessan, A.Kwateng, R.Parry, R.Stambolziev, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

After the game I was informed that R.Parry will be out for around a week after stubbing his toe late in the game 

December 12th:
Club Brugge (H) Europa League Grp I (6/6)
A poor start saw us a goal down on the 11th minute after some woeful defending saw us split apart and J.Vossen fired in with power past my keeper. Six minutes later we were two goals down as J.Vossen ran into the area with ease and fired under the keeper. Brugge were all over us and on the half hour they had another chance with a long range effort that had J.Dixon at full stretch to save. 
The second half wasn't much better but on the 55th minute we did manage to score as N.Cobain diverted a cross past J.Dixon for a comical own goal. Five minutes later we scored in the correct net as A.Kwateng hit a powerful effort into the back of the Brugge net. On the 67th minute though some more bad defending saw J.Vossen heading in his hat-trick. Their was one last goal in the game as on the stroke of full time A.Onana headed past his own keeper from an I.Zmimer cross.

TNS 2-4 Club Brugge A.Kwateng 60, A.Onana 90 og / J.Vossen 11, 17, 67, N.Cobain 55 og

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, N.Cobain (T.Poole), D.Thomas, J.N'Guessan, A.Kwateng, I.Zmimer, C.Morton (capt) (R.Stambolziev), S.Quigley, B.Maund (J.Shaibu)

• 3 weeks later...

December 15th:
Airbus UK (A) (17/32)
A poor performance saw us outplayed by Airbus and on the 17th minute we went a goal down as N.Cobain headed a cross past J.Dixon after the rest of the team seemed to forget how to defend.. Ten minutes later it was two nil with J.Menagh curling in from outside the area after the midfield seemed to forget how to play the simple game.
The rest of the half saw Airbus in control and it wasn't long till they had another chance with a rasping effort which had J.Dixon at full stretch to save.
The second half was all Airbus again and on the hour they came close to grabbing a third with a rasping effort which saw J.Hawley diverting it wide of the post with his head. It was becoming far too easy for them and on the 76th minute J.Dixon saved our bacon again with a brilliant finger tipped save. With two minutes remaining in the game Airbus were awarded a penalty after W.Christopher fouled in the area, J.Menagh stepped up and fired towards goal but J.Dixon saved the penalty. A poor poor performance

Airbus UK 2-0 TNS N.Cobain 17 og, J.Menagh 27 

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, N.Cobain (W.Christopher), D.Thomas, J.N'Guessan, A.Kwateng (T.Poole), I.Zmimer, C.Morton (capt), S.Quigley, B.Maund (J.Shaibu)

Booked: I.Zmimer, D.Thomas

December 19th:
I have been approached by Viking R. to take over as their new manager, I have asked them for a weeks delay whilst I think things over.

December 21st:
Carmarthen (H) (18/32)
It took Carmarthen all of twenty seconds to test my keeper after breaking clear from the kick off, however luckily for us my keeper was up to the task and denied them an early goal. On the 12th minute they had another chance with a well worked team move which split my defence apart but J.Dixon again saved the day. Eleven minutes later we were given the chance to score after J.Shaibu was brought down in the area for a penalty, L.Elford-Alliyu stepped up and fired with pace past the Carmarthen keeper. Just before the break we had our next chance with a rasping effort from C.Morton which rattled the crossbar after the keeper managed to tip the ball.
The second half was all us as we controlled the play and on the 59th minute J.N'Guessan crossed into the area but J.Shaibu failed to connect with the ball properly and it went well wide of the post. Fifteen minutes J.Shaibu had yet another chance but is effort again was pretty dire. With ten minutes remaining in the game we had our final chance to score with L.Elford-Alliyu hitting the ball straight at the keeper when it was easier to score

TNS 1-0 Carmarthen L.Elford-Alliyu 23 pen 

J.Dixon, J.Hawley (T.Poole), A.Evans, N.Cobain, D.Thomas, J.N'Guessan, A.Kwateng, I.Zmimer (R.Parry), C.Morton (R.Stambolziev), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

December 24th:
Injury news sees R.Pryce out of action for around a fortnight with an abdominal strain 

December 25th:
Viking R. have come back to me and asked if I had made my mind up, however I told them it was Christmas day and I would get back to them in another week 

December 26th:
Port Talbot (A) (19/32)
A cracking start saw us take the lead within three minutes as L.Elford-Alliyu ran through the defence and fired under the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a long range effort from C.Morton which saw the keeper at full stretch to save. On the 29th minute though Port Talbot came close with a great team move which ended with a brilliant save by J.Dixon. Just before the break we had yet another chance with J.Shaibu heading just wide of the post.
The second half was nine minutes old when I was forced into a change as T.Poole replaced the injured N.Cobain. On the 62nd minute we had another chance with L.Elford-Alliyu beating the defence with ease but his final effort went just wide of the post. Four minutes later our lack of finishing cost us as F.Wood headed in for Port Talbot to give them the equaliser. On the 82nd minute we had the final chance of the game as J.Shaibu rattled the upright from outside the area after beating the defence to a loose ball

Port Talbot 1-1 TNS F.Wood 66 / L.Elford-Alliyu 3

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, N.Cobain (inj 54-T.Poole), D.Thomas, J.N'Guessan (C.Roddan), A.Kwateng, I.Zmimer, C.Morton (R.Stambolziev), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

After the game the physio informed me that N.Cobain will be out for around 4-5 weeks after spraining his ankle during the match

December 31st:
Port Talbot (H) (20/32)
The second game in five days against Port Talbot and in truth it was pretty dire. The first forty five minutes were dead with neither my side or the Port Talbot side registering a single effort on goal. The second half was alittle better as my players started to control the play and just before the hour mark we took the lead with L.Elford-Alliyu rattling the ball in from outside the area. We carried on the pressure and on the 72nd minute we grabbed the killer goal as R.Parry curled a well struck effort into the top corner of the net. With three minutes remaining in the game we had one last chance with L.Elford-Alliyu heading wide of the post when it was easier to score. Not a great game but three points is three points

TNS 2-0 Port Talbot L.Elford-Alliyu 59, R.Parry 72

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, A.Evans, W.Christopher, D.Thomas (C.Roddan), J.N'Guessan, A.Kwateng (R.Parry), I.Zmimer, C.Morton (R.Stambolziev), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Monthly Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+ 5pts)
Nathaniel MG Cup: Final v Connah's Quay

January 2020:
January 1st:
Transfer news sees two players joining the ranks as 21yr old defender Callum Roberts and 24yr old defender Jack Truelove joining for a combined transfer fee of £5240. Viking R. have come back too me about the job offer and I have decided that I will be staying with my current club at least till my contract runs out in the summer.

January 10th:
Bangor City (A) (21/32)
A good start to the year saw us taking the lead in the 12th minute as C.Morton hit a long range effort from outside the area which gave the keeper little chance of saving. Soon after we had another chance with a low shot from J.Shaibu which clipped the outside of the post and went out. On the 34th minute we made it two nil with a thunderous effort from C.Morton which flew into the top corner. We were in complete control and on the stroke of half time we made it three nil with D.Thomas heading in a C.Morton corner after L.Elford-Alliyu's effort was tipped round the post.
The second half though was a different story as my players seemed to sit back on the three goal cushion but luckily for us Bangor City offered little in the way of forward action. Their was one more goal in the game as with four minutes remaining in the game J.Reed pulled a goal back for Bangor City. I was far from happy with the second half performance

Bangor City 1-3 TNS J.Reed 86 / C.Morton 12, 34, D.Thomas 45

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher (A.Evans), D.Thomas, J.N'Guessan, I.Zmimer, R.Parry (R.Stambolziev), C.Morton (C.Roddan), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

January 16th:
Injury news sees N.Maher out of action for around 4-5 weeks after fracturing his ribs during a training session

January 18th:
Aberystwyth (H) (22/32)
Aberystwyth began the better as my players carried on from the previous game and on the 19th minute they broke through the defence but J.Dixon reacted well to smother the ball at the feet of the attacker. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a looping cross which J.Dixon misjudged but luckily for him W.Christopher was on hand to clear the effort. We weren't getting anything from the ball and just before the break we had the assistant referee to thank after they ruled out a goal for a push on J.Dixon.
The second half was four minutes old when Aberystwyth finally got the goal they deserved with a powerful strike from R.James which gave my keeper little chance of saving. On the 65th minute they had another chance to score with a curling effort from outside the effort which saw J.Dixon at full stretch to save. With four minutes remaining in the game Aberystwyth came close to adding another goal but J.Dixon again saved well to keep the scoreline at 1-0.

TNS 0-1 Aberystwyth R.James 49

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, J.Truelove, J.N'Guessan (R.Stambolziev), I.Zmimer, R.Parry (A.Kwateng), C.Morton, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu (S.Quigley)

January 20th:
The physio has informed me that N.Cobain is available after resuming full training after his ankle injury

January 26th:
Connah's Quay (The Queensway International Stadium, Wrexham) Nathaniel MG Cup Final
We got off to a bad start as within three minutes K.Evans headed in a G.Hughes cross to give Connah's Quay the lead. On the 17th minute they had another chance with M.Williams piling into the area but  J.Dixon reacted well to save the effort. Twelve minutes later we finally had our first chance with J.N'Guessan threading the ball to the feet of J.Shaibu who rattled the upright. Just before the break Connah's Quay had another chance as M.Williams missed from the penalty spot after W.Christopher fouled K.Evans in the area.
The second half was five minutes old when we had our next chance with R.Stambolziev curling a cross into the area but L.Elford-Alliyu headed wide of the post. Just after the hour we levelled the scores with L.Elford-Alliyu running into the area unmarked and firing a R.Parry cross past the outstretched arms of M.Askew. We were controlling the game and on the 74th minute we had another chance to score with C.Roberts heading an I.Zmimer cross just wide of the post. Connah's Quay had no answer to our constant pressure and with four minutes remaining in the game L.Elford-Alliyu fired in from outside the area to give us the trophy.

TNS 2-1 Connah's Quay L.Elford-Alliyu 61, 86 / K.Evans 3

TNS: J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, W.Christopher, J.Truelove (D.Thomas), J.N'Guessan (C.Roberts), I.Zmimer, R.Parry, C.Morton (R.Stambolziev), L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Connah's Quay: M.Askew, C.Morris, I.Evans (capt), J.Sherman (L.Surman), S.Smith, K.Holgrove, G.Hughes, M.Owen (J.Royle), J.Owen, K.Evans, M.Williams (N.Gray)

Booked: I.Zmimer (TNS) / M.Owen (Connah's Quay)

After the game I was informed that C.Morton will be out for around 12 days after damaging his heel

January 29th:
Bangor City (A) (23/32)
The effort in the cup game seemed to have taken an effect on my players as we struggled with the basics of the beautiful game. Bangor City weren't much better in truth. The only real effort of the half was on the 43rd minute after R.Stambolziev was brought down in the area, J.N'Guessan stepped up for the penalty and fired towards goal but the penalty was well saved by the keeper.
The second half was dire with nothing of note . Not a great game for the few paying fans

Bangor City 0-0 TNS  

A.Gorman (J.Dixon), C.Roberts (J.Hawley), N.Cobain, W.Christopher (capt), J.Truelove, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, A.Kwateng, R.Stambolziev, B.Maund (I.Zmimer), S.Quigley

Monthly Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (+ 3pts)
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winners v Connah's Quay

February 2020:
February 1st:
The end of month awards have been handed out and C.Morton has been awarded the Player of the Month award.

Prestatyn (A) JD Welsh Cup 4th Rd
A good start saw us a goal up on the 6th minute as L.Elford-Alliyu fired in from close range after running onto a C.Roddan pass. Twelve minutes later we had another chance to score as L.Elford-Alliyu tried his luck from outside the area but the Prestatyn keeper saved well to deny him. We were in complete control and on the 32nd minute T.Poole made it two nil with a well struck volley from I.Zmimer's corner. On the stroke of half time though Prestatyn had their first chance as they beat the offside trap but J.Dixon reacted well to smother the ball.
The second half was much the same with Prestatyn not getting anywhere near the ball and on the 67th minute we should have scored again but R.Parry somehow managed to miss the goal from six yards after running through the defence with ease. It was far too easy for us and on the 87th minute we added the third and final goal with J.Shaibu finally getting on the scoresheet with a curling effort into the top corner. A great overall performance by my team

Prestatyn 0-3 TNS L.Elford-Alliyu 6, T.Poole 32, J.Shaibu 87

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, J.Truelove (W.Christopher), J.N'Guessan (R.Stambolziev), C.Roddan (C.Roberts), I.Zmimer, R.Parry, L.Elford-Alliyu (capt), J.Shaibu

Booked: J.Truelove

I have been informed that L.Elford-Alliyu will be out for up to a week after bruising his head late in the game 

February 3rd:
The draw for the JD Welsh Cup ¼ Final has taken place and we have been drawn away from home against  Aberystwyth

February 4th:
Carmarthen (H) (24/32)
We were completely dominant against Carmarthen with some brilliant play and on the 27th minute R.Parry gave us the lead with a low shot from outside the area to give the keeper no chance of saving. Deep into first half injury time we made it two nil as J.Shaibu rounded the keeper to slot home into the empty net.
The second half was the J.Shaibu show as the Carmarthen players couldn't handle him and on the 51st minute he grabbed his second of the game with a fine strike. Eight minutes later he had another chance after running onto a R.Parry through-ball but his effort was brilliantly saved. We were all over them and on the 78th minute J.Shaibu completed his hat-trick with a great header from a J.N'Guessan cross. 

TNS 4-0 Carmarthen R.Parry 27, J.Shaibu 45+1, 51, 78

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, J.Truelove, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan, I.Zmimer, R.Parry (capt), S.Quigley, J.Shaibu

Booked: A.Evans, I.Zmimer

February 8th:
Connah's Quay (A) (25/32)
A poor game in truth with little in the way of action and the first half neither my side or the Connah's side managed to register a single effort on goal. The second half was alittle better with a the fans being treated to one single effort as Z.Evans curled the ball in from outside the area to give Connah's Quay the three points and revenge for their Cup Final loss.

Connah's Quay 1-0 TNS Z.Evans 90+2

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, J.Truelove, J.N'Guessan, C.Roddan (W.Christopher), I.Zmimer (C.Roberts), R.Parry (capt) (R.Stambolziev), S.Quigley, J.Shaibu

February 10th:
I was informed by the physio that N.Maher has resumed full training following a month out with bruised ribs

February 13th:
Some bad news from the physio as C.Roddan will be out for around 11 days with a virus

February 15th:
Airbus UK (H) (26/32)
Airbus took an early lead as J.Menagh beat the offside trap with ease and rounded J.Dixon to slide the ball into the empty net. The Airbus joy didn't last long as on the 22nd minute J.Shaibu levelled the scores with a powerful strike from outside the area. Twelve minutes later we had our next chance with as J.Shaibu hit the crossbar from just inside the area after running onto a R.Parry cross.
The second half was all my side as we piled on the pressure and on the 64th minute we came close again as C.Roberts crossed into the area but L.Elford-Alliyu headed straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score. Airbus weren't getting close to the ball and with six minutes remaining in the game J.Shaibu gave us the lead with a low shot which went in off the upright. However we let ourselves down as J.Menagh grabbed his second of the game to give Airbus a share of the points

TNS 2-2 Airbus UK J.Shaibu 22, 84 / J.Menagh 4, 90+1

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, J.Truelove, J.N'Guessan, C.Morton (W.Christopher), I.Zmimer (C.Roberts), R.Parry (capt), S.Quigley (L.Elford-Alliyu), J.Shaibu

Booked: J.Hawley

February 20th:
I have been approached by the chairman of Raith Rovers asking whether or not I would be interested in taking over as their manager. I have asked them to wait till the end of the season for my decision which they have agreed too

February 22nd:
Aberystwyth (A) (27/32)
Aberystwyth dominated the first half with some excellent play and on the 8th minute they took the lead as J.Hawley diverted a cross past J.Dixon. Soon after they had another chance with a great team move which made a mockery of my defence but J.Dixon bailed them out. It was too easy for Aberystwyth and with six minutes remaining in the half the home side made it 2-0 with G.Kellaway heading past J.Dixon after he flapped at a simple cross. During the half time interval I laid into my players.
The hair dryer treatment seemed to pay off as four minutes into the half L.Elford-Alliyu jinked through the defence and slotted in past the keeper to give us some hope. On the hour though Aberystwyth were awarded a penalty after J.Hawley handled in the area, but luckily for him J.Dixon guessed right and saved the penalty. After the little blip we carried on the pressure and on the stroke of full time we made levelled the scores with J.Shaibu tapping in from six yards after beating him to a low cross.

Aberystwyth 2-2 TNS J.Hawley 8 og, G.Kellaway 39/ L.Elford-Alliyu 49, J.Shaibu 90+1

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, T.Poole, A.Evans, J.Truelove, J.N'Guessan (W.Christopher), C.Morton (R.Stambolziev), I.Zmimer, R.Parry (capt), S.Quigley (L.Elford-Alliyu), J.Shaibu

February 29th:
Aberystwyth (A) JD Welsh Cup ¼ Final
Our second game in seven days with Aberystwyth and on the 17th minute we had our first chance with S.Quigley curling a long range effort towards goal but the Aberystwyth keeper saved well. Ten minutes later we had another chance as J.Shaibu rose above the defence and headed a J.N'Guessan cross just over the crossbar. We were controlling the game and just before the break we had another chance with a powerful strike from C.Morton which stung the hands of the keeper.
The second half was eight minutes old when we were reduced to ten men after D.Thomas was sent off for a second yellow card. The numeral difference didn't seem to make any difference as we carried on the pressure and on the 74th minute S.Quigley rattled the upright after beating the defence to a C.Roberts cross. On the stroke of  full time we had another chance with S.Quigley again missing from close range and the game went into extra time.
Aberystwyth came out stronger as my ten men seemed to be tiring and on the 97th minute they came close to winning with a fine strike which saw J.Dixon at full stretch to save. With six minutes remaining in extra time the winning goal was finally scored as Aberystwyth's A.Williams headed in from ten yards to send them through to the semi finals.

Aberystwyth 1-0 TNS A.Williams 114 

J.Dixon, J.Hawley, W.Christopher, A.Evans (T.Poole), D.Thomas, J.N'Guessan, C.Morton, I.Zmimer (R.Stambolziev), R.Parry (capt) (C.Roberts), S.Quigley, J.Shaibu

Booked: I.Zmimer, J.Hawley, D.Thomas, T.Poole
Sent Off: D.Thomas (2 Yellows)

After the game I was told that D.Thomas will miss the next match after his sending off, I have also fined him two weeks wages as he should know better

Monthly Review:
Dafabet Welsh Premier League: 1st (Level on points with Airbus UK)
JD Welsh Cup: Knocked out in ¼ v Aberystwyth
Nathaniel MG Cup: Winners v Connah's Quay

Archived