Cannot offer a new signing the requested wage

I was playing as Stirling Albion on FM17 and and had just agreed a fee of 5.75k for a CB from Clyde. 

The player was asking for around £600 per week on a part time contract. But, I was only allowed to offer £190. I adjusted my wage budget to around £4500, and my committed spending spending was £3600 - Why was I not allowed to offer more than £190? 

I lost out on the player because of it, am I missing something?

1 minute ago, David_H1997 said:

I was playing as Stirling Albion on FM17 and and had just agreed a fee of 5.75k for a CB from Clyde. 

The player was asking for around £600 per week on a part time contract. But, I was only allowed to offer £190. I adjusted my wage budget to around £4500, and my committed spending spending was £3600 - Why was I not allowed to offer more than £190? 

I lost out on the player because of it, am I missing something?

Just because you have enough left in your wage budget doesn't mean the board will allow you to spend it all on one player.

In theory if you paid big wages to one player then the other players in your squad would also expect more and the club could then not afford to increase the wages of every player.

£600 a week is an absolute fortune for a club like Stirling Albion. The player is basically letting you he's not that interested in joining. It's the equivalent of Morton quoting you 1 million for one their players or a Celtic signing target asking for eighty grand a week, a five million pound signing on fee and twelve grand per game

Like others have said, sometimes the board will impose restrictions on the max salary you can offer to individual players. When you offer a contract take a look at the playing time/squad status drop down menu. I've snapped up a player I really wanted by changing his squad status from backup/rotation to first team or key player as my board allowed me to pay a higher salary for the higher squad status.

Archived