Ok, my player is a little jaded and could do with a rest. Fine. I am on the 17th of October.
Physio recommendation is 1 week, so i send him on holiday for 1 week.
I even chose to rest him from training for 1 week. Right-click on player->Training->Rest->1 Week.
I press continue and on the 18th of October i get this:
Emeterio_not_happy.png

Why is he not happy? (he isn't being selected in the first eleven, not even as a substitute).

In that case, I don't think I would worry too much. The "promise period" has just started, so see how it works out..  I haven't actually seen it myself before, so im not 100% sure..

1 minute ago, rinso said:

In that case, I don't think I would worry too much. The "promise period" has just started, so see how it works out..  I haven't actually seen it myself before, so im not 100% sure..

You are right.
I was just about to upload this (22th of October, i am on holiday test atm for this issue):
Emeterio_pleased.png

I'll continue the holiday test to see if it failed.

Failed...
Emeterio_failed.png
Emeterio_form.png

I don't get it. Is it a bug or something?
Should i not have the conversation "i am planning to rest you for the upcoming match...."? Btw, he agreed, he come up with something like "thanks boss, i am feeling a bit jaded"...

In that case, if you have a save from before the promise was made, Stick it in the bugs forum, as they'll hopefully be able to explain... 

Only thing that I can think of is that he wanted a rest before the Panionos game and you either missed it, or didnt get the news item in time. Either way, bugs forum is the way forward I reckon.. 

7 minutes ago, rinso said:

In that case, if you have a save from before the promise was made, Stick it in the bugs forum, as they'll hopefully be able to explain... 

Only thing that I can think of is that he wanted a rest before the Panionos game and you either missed it, or didnt get the news item in time. Either way, bugs forum is the way forward I reckon.. 

Before the Panionios match he was fine. No indication of jadedness in the team profile or a small icon "Rst". Only "match fit but starting to get jaded" in his profile.
He played in the Panionios match and after that i had the conversation with him. After finishing the match, i got the news item but didn't make any decision. I attended the press conference and after that i had the conversation with him.
Anyway, thank you for your time. I'll try in the bugs forum.

So, pretty sure this is the issue: You promised him rest for a week on the 17th, he played a game earlier on the 17th. The player only notes the date, and counts the 17th as a day he should be rested. Thus, you fail. 

Technically the player is correct. So I'm not sure it's a bug, but more the user misunderstanding what he is promising.

Go back to the save, and wait for the 18th to promise him a weeks rest. That should solve it

47 minutes ago, Nacaw said:

So, pretty sure this is the issue: You promised him rest for a week on the 17th, he played a game earlier on the 17th. The player only notes the date, and counts the 17th as a day he should be rested. Thus, you fail. 

Technically the player is correct. So I'm not sure it's a bug, but more the user misunderstanding what he is promising.

Go back to the save, and wait for the 18th to promise him a weeks rest. That should solve it

if that is the case it is really an oversight in design and should be changed by SI so it might be worth posting to bugs forum as well.

4 hours ago, Nacaw said:

So, it's one more of the "you have to do it the SI way in order to succeed" things...
I am gonna try your suggestion and update here.

5 hours ago, Nacaw said:

Unfortunately, you are correct!
I waited till the 18th of October and then i had the conversation with him. (chose both: send on holiday->1 week, training->rest->1 week)
Emeterio_succeeded.png
I said "unfortunately", because the following post is also correct.

4 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

if that is the case it is really an oversight in design and should be changed by SI so it might be worth posting to bugs forum as well.

It is.

Archived