The option of skipping through first season

I know that there a lot of gamers who would want to skip through the first season and start the game with the first season already being progressed. In that case you get the optional bonus that you are really starting from scratch. And for those of us FM-gamers who don´t really like the first season and want to get dug in at the second season you should be able to have the option of starting a season one year on when starting a game. The game generally tends to get more and more interesting the more seasons you get into the game, therefore this would be a good way of skipping that first point. Of course the game would need to process a season and so on.

18 hours ago, forameuss said:

Just holiday?

The problem then is that a lot of players will have moved around, so it won't be like starting a game a year on.  Even if you disable the first transfer window there's the January window to screw things up if you want to keep your game true to life.

1 hour ago, MatchWinner said:

The problem then is that a lot of players will have moved around, so it won't be like starting a game a year on.  Even if you disable the first transfer window there's the January window to screw things up if you want to keep your game true to life.

How is that relevant?

If you don't want changes to the current RL situation you wouldn't choose to move forward a year, you would simply start as you do now.

I can understand where the OP is coming from but however you choose to do it FM would always need to holiday a season which is something you can easily do yourself now.

I would start somewhere like Australia (possibly view-only) Seprember 30 and then holiday until next summer. If you start in April 2017 the leagues that run from april to november won't have any history from 2016. That of course is a personal preference, but I like to check stats also from leagues that I don't manage in so it feels a bit disturbing clubs from US, Ireland, Scandinavia etc having no champion or player histories in one season.

Archived