What determines Youth Recruitment level?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year we had the stadium bug, this year Youth Recruitment is messed up.

After 15 years of making the same game you'd have thought they would have the basics sorted by now.

Rather than adding inane extra's every year that look nice on a twitter feed perhaps they could actually just polish the base game.

As this is not a match engine issue i'll be hoping for a hotfix pretty quickly. 

6 hours ago, Mr U Rosler said:

Last year we had the stadium bug, this year Youth Recruitment is messed up.

After 15 years of making the same game you'd have thought they would have the basics sorted by now.

Rather than adding inane extra's every year that look nice on a twitter feed perhaps they could actually just polish the base game.

As this is not a match engine issue i'll be hoping for a hotfix pretty quickly. 

I'd be surprised if there was a fix for FM 17, but you never know.

The thread is now up!

Cheers @Jupjamie for the bug! Sounds like there is an issue. But I think the information from Stu in that thread also gives us more information on how it should work (or is working for the AI).

I'm hypothesizing that there's a target Youth Recruitment set mainly by the Chairman's rating for youth but also influenced by finances, reputation, catchment population, and level relative to other clubs. That would explain a lot of what we're seeing with the experiments above. For some of the secondary factors, once they reach a certain level even a Chairman uninterested in youth development will allow upgrades.

1 hour ago, Ceching You Out said:

Cheers @Jupjamie for the bug! Sounds like there is an issue. But I think the information from Stu in that thread also gives us more information on how it should work (or is working for the AI).

I'm hypothesising that there's a target Youth Recruitment set mainly by the Chairman's rating for youth but also influenced by finances, reputation, catchment population, and level relative to other clubs. That would explain a lot of what we're seeing with the experiments above. For some of the secondary factors, once they reach a certain level even a Chairman uninterested in youth development will allow upgrades.

What would be interesting to get from Stu/SI would be what is causing the AI to benefit but human players to not.  Why is the Chairman sticking to his guns on his youth level for us but maybe bending for the AI. 

6 hours ago, Ceching You Out said:

I'm hypothesizing that there's a target Youth Recruitment set mainly by the Chairman's rating for youth but also influenced by finances, reputation, catchment population, and level relative to other clubs. That would explain a lot of what we're seeing with the experiments above. For some of the secondary factors, once they reach a certain level even a Chairman uninterested in youth development will allow upgrades.

4 hours ago, Pompeyboyz said:

What would be interesting to get from Stu/SI would be what is causing the AI to benefit but human players to not.  Why is the Chairman sticking to his guns on his youth level for us but maybe bending for the AI. 

Agreed with both of you there. Very interesting information that we didn't know beforehand. Hopefully they find out that it is a bug and an easy way to fix it - I'd hate to think that this was the way the mechanic was intended to work, and we've all just been getting completely screwed over by the chairmen!

Archived