[FM17] AI Roles & Duties on Formations Panel (Opposition Mentality and Team Shape)

pedrosantos

I think D_Lo or Michael Murray mentioned something about this, I also know I had seen some xml file having some code about mentality and team shape. Match Formation Panel has this code

<panel>
  <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!-- titled box containing pitch-->
  <widget class="subsection_box" id="titl" appearance="boxes/subsection/standard/paper">

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top,extend" offset="0" />
    <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" layout_children="true" inset="0" />

<!--debug-->
    <widget class="table" id="debg" layout="-1,5,-1" mode="0" stretch_to_fit_rows="true" auto_size_rows="true" fixed_size_rows="false">

<widget class="label" alignment="right" colour="match text" auto_size="vertical" row="0" column="0">
        <translation id="text" translation_id="348204" type="use" value="Mentality[Comment: prefix used before mentality type text on quick tactical instruction button during match]" />
      </widget>
      <widget class="mentality_label" id="menT" colour="match text" auto_size="vertical" row="0" column="2"/>

<widget class="label" alignment="right" colour="match text" auto_size="vertical" row="1" column="0">
        <translation id="text" translation_id="364787" type="use" value="Team Shape[COMMENT: team tactical instruction, very fluid to highly structured]" />
      </widget>
      <widget class="fluidity_label" id="fluI" colour="match text" auto_size="vertical" row="1" column="2"/>

</widget>

<!-- the pitch-->
    <widget    class="pitch_with_tactics" id="pwtc" navigation_disabled="true" icon_flags="show_name,use_player_kits_back,show_number,show_role_duty_labels">
      <boolean id="vertical" value="true"/>
      <boolean id="pitch_dont_draw_indicators" value="true"/>
      <integer id="pitch_kit_height" value="40"/>
      <integer id="pitch_vertical_padding" value="10"/>
      <flags id="pitch_alignment" value="centre_x, top"/>
    </widget>

</widget>
</panel>

Could this code be used to display the opposition mentality and team shape in Match in-Between Highlights ? Or in some scout report about the next opposition ? Does it have to be used combined with some other file ?

I'm sorry if this is amusing, but I have someone working with a skin and lately he has been trying to activate this and players roles and duties messing with the xml files, so if I posted about it its because it would be nice to provide a more technical explanation why doesn't work no more rather than something like just being blocked.

I have no skills with skinning, just some minor tweaks that I make possible because of Michael Murray's guides, explanations and all the patience, so for me people who do have skills are somehow teachers. Now, a good teacher understands that his class is frequently heterogeneous, understands that he has to explain things to the different kinds of his students and if it comes to explain more than one time that's what he got to do. No good writing about things if its amusing when people like to be more clarified.

Thanks

It's debug code which means it is only enabled for internal testing by SI on their internal builds, the code is then disabled for the release version as its information you aren't supossed to have access to. From what I remember it could be re-enabled on one version by deleting the debug id as SI hadn't fully disabled the code, however they fixed that in a patch and as far as I am aware you cannot re-enable it.

You can get the AI Roles and Dutys to show by editing the various tactics icon xml files found in the panels\tactics folder, in the various files locate the lines like this:

<!--debug role/duty-->
      <container id="
rodu" height="10">

And delete the id, so the code now looks like this:

<!--debug role/duty-->
      <container id="" height="10">

Though bare in mind this is also debug so it might stop working in a later patch as it isn't something that should be enabled.

7 minutes ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

It's debug code which means it is only enabled for internal testing by SI on their internal builds, the code is then disabled for the release version as its information you aren't supossed to have access to. From what I remember it could be re-enabled on one version by deleting the debug id as SI hadn't fully disabled the code, however they fixed that in a patch and as far as I am aware you cannot re-enable it.

You can get the AI Roles and Dutys to show by editing the various tactics icon xml files found in the panels\tactics folder, in the various files locate the lines like this:

<!--debug role/duty-->
      <container id="
rodu" height="10">

And delete the id, so the code now looks like this:

<!--debug role/duty-->
      <container id="" height="10">

Though bare in mind this is also debug so it might stop working in a later patch as it isn't something that should be enabled.

Thank you Michael, nice to have you back.

So, that "rodu" has to be removed from all tactics icon files ? I removed it only from the tactics icon info panel xml

The mentality and team shape its also debug code, right ? Can it be somehow activated within the code I posted or some other code ?

Different tactics screens are controlled by different tactics icon files, however the game files don't tell you what file corresponds to which pitch, so you can either remove the id from all the tactics icon file or just remove it one by one as you go through the game as you don't really want it displaying on the best xi screen as it just resorts to default roles.

The same trick doesn't work for the mentality or team shape it just brings up those words and not the associated text, which means there isn't much chance of enabling it.

1 hour ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

Different tactics screens are controlled by different tactics icon files, however the game files don't tell you what file corresponds to which pitch, so you can either remove the id from all the tactics icon file or just remove it one by one as you go through the game as you don't really want it displaying on the best xi screen as it just resorts to default roles.

The same trick doesn't work for the mentality or team shape it just brings up those words and not the associated text, which means there isn't much chance of enabling it.

Thank you very much Michael, I'm sure that if you can find anything more how to enable this you will share it and teach the community how to do it :):thup:

5 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

And a good 'student' listens and doesn't ask the same question repeatedly. Michael has said all of the above before whilst the info. has been in the forum for longer; you must have asked this question at least 4 times now in different ways. Sorry but there's no excuse anymore.

It was just banter in direct response to wkdsoul only as I was purposely avoiding this thread and will do the same when this topic is inevitably raised again. 

Well, it was just until this morning that I learned that all tactical icon files had to be updated which was not mentioned previously (which wasn't necessary in previous FM editions). So, until this morning there was nothing helpful to listen to.

The players and roles isn't even asked in the first post, its the mentality question again... and again you've be given the same answer.  Which you practically dismiss again the reply. 

its like groundhog day. 

4 hours ago, pedrosantos said:

Well, it was just until this morning that I learned that all tactical icon files had to be updated which was not mentioned previously (which wasn't necessary in previous FM editions). So, until this morning there was nothing helpful to listen to.

Considering it's a new game, expect every file would need to be updated.

• 3 weeks later...

I read the thread and don't see anywhere where it says that it can't be done.

Michael said that as far as he's aware it cannot be re-enabled but then gives some indications on how to do it. It wasn't clear to me that it's impossible to achieve.

Archived