A thread with edited fmf files for beginners

KUBI

Please attach to your post a fmf file and some explanation what you did. Could be either basic or advanced rules. Things like changing match or squad rules, changing league sizes, swapping teams, adding or changing tv money, adding a special playoff - whatever. Hopefully it will become a good collection for people who want to start editing.

• KUBI pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

When you add teams to leagues u need to use filter for teams. In that  filter there is no option for search by city or local region. With these 2 files you can have those 2:

3wNmQyl.png

Go to  Program Files/Steam/Steamapp/common/Football manager 2017 editor/data/format/database        delete team.xml file and put THIS file instead.

Go to  Program Files/Steam/Steamapp/common/Football manager 2017 editor/data/format/filters     delete team filter.xml and put THIS file instead.

I hope path is ok - i dont use Windows for long time now so i maybe forgot.

Start editor and you will have these 2 search options:

EbU1qH4.png

Two files from the community to show you how you could edit the Brexit.

Brexit_No

This file moves the Brexit date to the year 2100, as a result the Brexit will not happen and the UK will remain in the EU

Brexit_Yes

This file forces the Brexit to happen in the first season.

brexit_NO.fmf

Brexit_Yes.fmf

This files are just templates, you may need to adjust it for your game.

How to create a international friendly Cup?

This file is a simple international friendly cup between clubs from 3 countries and set for the January winter break.

There is a group stage with 4 groups with 4 teams each and a standard cup stage with the 4 group winners. (Semifinals at home, final at host nation)

It uses all 7 teams from Liechtenstein, the top 5 teams from Luxembourg and the top 4 teams from San Marino.

I did set the host nation until the year 2045, so the cup final will be shared between the 3 countries.

I did also add fixtures rules and some other little things.

This file can be used as a template for other friendly cups, or you can expand it with more countries, more teams, more rounds etc. 

Ländle Cup 2017_A211D95E-2307-4A99-BF9C-28E3F8AA3416.fmf

On 24/11/2016 at 01:21, KUBI said:

Two files from the community to show you how you could edit the Brexit.

Brexit_No

This file moves the Brexit date to the year 2100, as a result the Brexit will not happen and the UK will remain in the EU

Brexit_Yes

This file forces the Brexit to happen in the first season.

brexit_NO.fmf

Brexit_Yes.fmf

This files are just templates, you may need to adjust it for your game.

Have you checked if this works with other files? When I try to load Brexit_NO up with the 22-level English league file it doesn't work :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/11/2016 at 17:04, KUBI said:

How to create a international friendly Cup?

This file is a simple international friendly cup between clubs from 3 countries and set for the January winter break.

There is a group stage with 4 groups with 4 teams each and a standard cup stage with the 4 group winners. (Semifinals at home, final at host nation)

It uses all 7 teams from Liechtenstein, the top 5 teams from Luxembourg and the top 4 teams from San Marino.

I did set the host nation until the year 2045, so the cup final will be shared between the 3 countries.

I did also add fixtures rules and some other little things.

This file can be used as a template for other friendly cups, or you can expand it with more countries, more teams, more rounds etc. 

Ländle Cup 2017_A211D95E-2307-4A99-BF9C-28E3F8AA3416.fmf

Has anyone else got this to work? I started a new save with just premier league loaded and no Ländle Cup appears in the search bar

It works in my save. But I have loaded Switzerland, San Marino and Luxembourg as active leagues. Does not make much sense to load it, when all teams would have grey players only in their squad.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Changing league size throughout the years

I posted this in the Dutch Lower Leagues thread but it should also be here, with this file and the explanation you can change your league size throughout the years. It's not really for beginners but for everyone comfortable with the advanced rules.

So in my file I used the following set ups:
- In the first season 2016-2017 I had a normal season with 18 teams in the Eredivisie and a simple relegation rule that 1 team relegates to the Jupiler League
- The second season 2017-2018 is also a season with 18 teams but it is the season before the league gets smaller so instead of 1 relegated team I created 3 relegated teams
- The third season of 2018-2019 is the season where the changes are having affect and the league has 16 teams instead of 18.
- The Jupiler League will keep its 20 teams throughout the seasons so in 2017-2018 two extra teams will be relegated to the inactive division below (Tweede Divisie)

So you create the rules like you normally would and convert to advanced rules. Now copy each league (except the inactive one ofcourse) so that you have 3x the same league in the Editor, one will be for the first season, one for the second season (the season before the change) and one will be the third season that will be the new ongoing league system.

First season (2016-2017)
In the first season of 2016-2017 you go to your original league (in my case Eredivisie):
Eredivisie -> Competition -> "base year" 2016, "start year" 2016 and "end year" 2016. The end year is the year where the start of that season begins, so in my case 2016 because the 2016-2017 league starts in 2016. 

Then in the normal stage I have the same number of teams relegated like always (1 in my case).

Do the same for the division below.

Second season (2017-2018), the year before the change
Go to your first copy of your league:
Eredivisie -> Competition -> "base year" 2017, "start year" 2017 and "end year" 2017. Just the same like you would do in the original first season. (Also do this for the division below)

In this league you already set the league up for next year, so in order to do that you need to insert a number at:
Eredivisie -> Competition -> (tick the box) "Number of extra teams to be promoted" (it's halfway down the page) and give it the number of teams that you want the league to change next season. In my case I wanted the league to go from 18 to 16 teams the next year, so that gives us the number -2. Now you don't have to add this to the league below the Eredivisie, it's only about the promoted teams for some reason and I don't know why. If you do get some "number of promoted/relegated rules" error then you'll have to go to this option and mess around with it.

Because I want to change the number of teams from 18 to 16 that means that I want to relegate 3 teams instead of 1 (and the JL still has one promotion place for the champion so the math adds up), so I go to:
Eredivisie -> Stages -> Stage 0 -> League Settings -> (tick the box) "relegation rules" -> "Number Of Relegation Places" is 3 like I mentioned above and they relegate to the division below. (I also did this for the division below so that division will keep the same teams in the league which is 20 in my files)

And thats it for this season, now you made sure that more teams than usual will relegate because of this, ofcourse you can also set up a specific playoff for this league like you normally would want for this to happen.

Third season (2018-2019 and after that), the year where the number of teams change
Go to your third and last copy of your league:
Eredivisie -> Competition -> "base year" 2018, "start year" 2018 and "end year" you leave this blank. (also do this for the division below)

Now in this league you change the number teams, you don't have to have more promotion places and you can change the relegation rules back to how you want.
Eredivisie -> Stages -> Stage 0 -> General -> "number of teams" 16.

Now for the last part you need to go to your nation rules, in my case Holland
Holland -> Required Teams -> set the minimum (16) and maximum (18) for Eredivisie, set 20 for Jupiler League and set an nice window for your last inactive division (2-200 always works for me but it depends on how much teams you think that it will have).

So I hope you all understand it a bit, otherwise just ask.

League with different number of teams throughout the seasons.fmf

• KUBI unpinned this topic

Archived