Are Team Meetings of any relevance at all in FMT?

When I started playing FMT I generally clicked one possible reply when my Assistant suggested I hold a team meeting. On the odd occasion my praise on a good spell of results would give the players a confidence boost but more often than not my Assistant would miserably comment that the meeting hadn't gone to plan with the majority of the squad failing to see the benefit of it. I usually clicked continue and didn't think much more of it. After constantly getting the negative answer no matter which option I chose I would "cheat". I decided I would click and reload if I didn't see some sort of different reaction and maybe once in a while the team would give the thumbs up and receive a confidence boost. However more often than not I am finding no matter which option you click the response is exactly the same and it's "that the meeting hadn't gone to plan with the majority of the squad failing to see the benefit of it." The same answer for all 4 or 5 options. Even upon a winning streak of 7 or 8 games you can get the same miserable response. So to be honest I now just give the meetings a swerve and say nothing at all.

So are Team Meetings of any relevance? If each possible option all have the same response in "that the meeting hadn't gone to plan with the majority of the squad failing to see the benefit of it" then what is the use in asking? Is it just a pointless throw in option within the game, a slight on the decision making of your Assistant and if you receive that message that the squad have failed to benefit then does that have a negative on Team morale or does it stay as it was before you asked?

Different player responses for each option I can understand but otherwise why have the suggestion in the game if every option gets the same response?

I'm still playing FMC15 and yeah these meetings are pretty much a waste of time, I normally select the same response because that fits with how we are doing, most of the time it gets a negative response, what is the point then? selecting the other options wouldn't be right considering how my team is doing?

The negative response to these meetings doesn't seem to effect what I see on the pitch thankfully so no harm done but think I might just start ignoring Jags in future or sack him.;)

I guess we can thank our lucky stars that we only get a small amount of this on Classic (Touch) versions.:)

I guess we can thank our lucky stars that we only get a small amount of this on Classic (Touch) versions.:)

Totally agree. I have just started playing FMT16 and the less player interactions and annoying stuff like this the better :).

I think it depends on manager reputation compared to squad level. The first 5 or so times I did it they responded badly. After that all bar 1 time they responded well and that was the time the asst manager recommended one about 2 weeks after previous one.

i suppose it only affects morale. so a good choice will raise morale and a bad choice will lower it. though i wonder if it may also add pressure? i dont think i ever had a negative response, nevermind my reputation. the worst case is that the meeting didnt go according to plan and wasn't beneficial, which i think means nothing really changed.

the worst case is that the meeting didnt go according to plan and wasn't beneficial, which i think means nothing really changed.

Yeah that is what I get most of the time when my team is doing well so the feature is pretty pointless at those times.

I've rarely had this - maybe a couple of times in three seasons - with little to no impact.

Excellent I say.  I that this kind of stuff, it's why I stopped with the full fat version.  I hate all of the interaction that has such a huge impact on the performance in game.

Assemble squad (transfers)

Manage budgets

Train players

Pick team and tactics.

That will do me.  Press, player conversations, mind games is all just fluff and nonsense to an old timer like me.

Archived