*** When will you realise...Andorra waits for you *** [FM16 youth challenge]

iacovone

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/17/2016 at 23:09, iacovone said:

I've just been constantly in awe of Munoz. Love him and yes, to score 20 Premier League goals is superb. Very proud. 

Thanks very much @TheMakeleleRole, really appreciate the kind words, makes it all worthwhile. I'm glad someone enjoyed 'The Cutlass' :D 

1. Yes, bang on. Our average for our key starters is £3.3k p/w. However, I've pushed the boat out on our star keeper Maximillien Masson (YP28b). He's always open to renewing his contract after the transfer window so although it costs us, it's worth it to get him tied down to fresh five-year-deals. 

2. Haha glad you noticed. For some reason I chose not to track his progress - I guess because it was early on in the save and he didn't have the most inspiring move. That said, he's scored 58 goals in 92 appearances for Andorra, as well as over 100 career league goals. So here's his screenshot and career history!

3. Yes - you're spot on with this observation. My tactic in those years was heavily reliant on marauding full-backs and even though Ortega isn't much good on paper, he thrived.

4. It will, yeah. To be honest, I'm struggling for time at the moment so haven't made much progress recently. It will peter out and as you can tell I won't be winning any European trophies anytime soon! Sad to not make further progress but I'm pleased with what I've produced both on the file and on these forums - it's definitely been one of my more enjoyable saves. Still deciding what to do with FM17 but I reckon there's a strong chance I'll do another youth-only save and try to keep it going all year. No promises just yet though!

Thanks for the response! So what is your wage bill compared to the rest of the league? You can check in team stats. I suppose the other 'powerhouses' will have higher wage budgets that you? On account of having to sign their strong players, and often from leagues where the salaries are higher.

Castro is a good all round striker! Shame he hasn't had much of a club career since leaving you. 

Very understandable that you'll be giving FM17 a go when it comes out, that's how it works! Look forward to a FM17 career updates thread from you, and hope it's something like this. I will be attempting to do something similar!

Iacovone, do you possibly have any remedies for play-off losses? Some sort of tradition FM players do when they have their whole season wasted? I need you.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/374804-fm16-enemy-harriers-incoming/
(Scroll to the bottom)

I hope you keep this thread going though, you don't seem to fail much.

On 22/09/2016 at 02:23, oriole01 said:

Iacovone, do you possibly have any remedies for play-off losses? Some sort of tradition FM players do when they have their whole season wasted? I need you.

https://community.sigames.com/topic/374804-fm16-enemy-harriers-incoming/
(Scroll to the bottom)

I hope you keep this thread going though, you don't seem to fail much.

I'm not Iacovone, but I feel like I can probably share some of my pain to make you feel better. I had a save with Rotherham on FM 15 (the club I support IRL) and survived the first season, came midtable in the second season and had a playoff spot in the third season, where we lost to West Ham in the final. Fourth season? Lost in the [layoff final. Fifth season? Lost in the playoff final. For three seasons in a row, we finished in the playoff spots and made it to the final, only to lose and have that feeling of the whole season being wasted. 

Don't give up just because you fell at a hurdle. That's football. Prepare well in summer, and you'll be back and better than before in no time.

3 hours ago, Jupjamie said:

I'm not Iacovone, but I feel like I can probably share some of my pain to make you feel better. I had a save with Rotherham on FM 15 (the club I support IRL) and survived the first season, came midtable in the second season and had a playoff spot in the third season, where we lost to West Ham in the final. Fourth season? Lost in the [layoff final. Fifth season? Lost in the playoff final. For three seasons in a row, we finished in the playoff spots and made it to the final, only to lose and have that feeling of the whole season being wasted. 

Don't give up just because you fell at a hurdle. That's football. Prepare well in summer, and you'll be back and better than before in no time.

Thanks for the kind words Jamie. I'm hoping I don't have that happen to me. If you read the thread, you'll see that only the champion is automatically promoted, unlike the Championship, so it will still be very hard for me to reach that level.  Time's running out before FM17 though, this was mainly why I was considering dropping the save.

6 hours ago, oriole01 said:

Thanks for the kind words Jamie. I'm hoping I don't have that happen to me. If you read the thread, you'll see that only the champion is automatically promoted, unlike the Championship, so it will still be very hard for me to reach that level.  Time's running out before FM17 though, this was mainly why I was considering dropping the save.

Personally, I don't like starting long term saves on a new FM for a couple of months while they're still ironing out the glitches. It's completely up to you, but there's definitely still time to keep going with your save before you make the switch to FM 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for the lack of info in this thread guys - the console releases have taken up most of my spare time so I've put this file on the shelf. It's been a fun one - my first youth challenge - and something I'll definitely try again. Not sure when I'll be back but thanks for your support and comments in here. 

9 hours ago, iacovone said:

Apologies for the lack of info in this thread guys - the console releases have taken up most of my spare time so I've put this file on the shelf. It's been a fun one - my first youth challenge - and something I'll definitely try again. Not sure when I'll be back but thanks for your support and comments in here. 

Do you think you could post a final update for the Andorran season that was in progress at last update? And maybe retire your manager, then holiday to see how Munoz, Sarrio, and others finished their careers and how Massana and Andorra did once they've retired. That would give me and probably a few others a nice finish to the thread. 

Regardless, awesome story/thread you've crafted, one of my favorites this season.  Good luck with FM17!

Archived