About Martin Odegaard

So I am playing Manchester United and I am in the second season. I tried to sign Martin Odegaard in the first season, He has a low release clause fee.

He rejected me and signed with Villarreal. I Tried again this season, He still got a low release clause fee and he is a great capture. He refused again.

Its strange to me...I won the Champions League last season and I am in the quarter finales thus far...Why would a young player with a loads of talent choose Villarreal over me? I can offer him a better wage, I promised him he will be a key player for me in the near future(witch is probably true) and he will have a chance to play in the Champions League.

So...What could be his reasons for it?

Has anyone had similar problems with him? Or he just hates Manchester United? Or me lol

My guess that in your contract offer you had him listed lower than first team first time around and he rejected you... the second time he has just signed with his new team yes? and thus, won't want to change clubs again.

Nope, He refused to talked to me. but he did with Villarreal. A year later he refused to talk to me again, saying Manchester United does not interest him, I tried talking to him and promised him all kinds of things but he did not changed his mind.

So, in what galaxy is Villarreal more attractive than a Champions League winning Manchester United?

I had the same issue with Boateng, But with him its totally understandable.

Nope, He refused to talked to me. but he did with Villarreal. A year later he refused to talk to me again, saying Manchester United does not interest him, I tried talking to him and promised him all kinds of things but he did not changed his mind.

So, in what galaxy is Villarreal more attractive than a Champions League winning Manchester United?

I had the same issue with Boateng, But with him its totally understandable.

Perhaps he isn't convinced he'd really be a first-team player for you. Or you have a low rep, he believes therefore you might not last too long in the job and doesn't think another manager would pick him. Or as a young player he feels he'd develop better staying in Spain where he already knows the language and is used to the league rather than moving again to England. Or he just doesn't like Man Utd. Could be any number of reasons!

Archived