[FM11] This Time For Africa - Sponsored by Shakira

Makoto Nakamura

[video=youtube;pRpeEdMmmQ0]

6a00e00981da5788330147e3e57d1e970b-pi

AUhRHuC.png?1

Africa, Football Managers last unknown gem and here I am back in 2011 where I've found all the African nations that I could, it would be better if I had the option of all 50 nations but that's sadly not going to happen as I doubt anyone has a database for the other 19 nations,

There are no main goals in this save other than enjoy myself, explore what Africa has to offer and hopefully win some silverware, I'll be starting as a former Sunday League Footballer who is unemployed and I'll holiday for a month or 2 to let some of the masses of openings be taken so I can actually take over from somebody who has been sacked.

This *should* last me until FM16 and hopefully it will garner some interest in the forums as well :)

The First Job - Young Strikers FC

24390_114176915260406_1939441_n.jpg?oh=151fe85ec27274d320bc16a5488a7651&oe=568CB596

bfnXCpt.png?1

Dp3BpQz.png?1

lF6azMn.png?1

Young Strikers are a club who have just been promoted to the Botswana 2nd Tier and yes, in that picture that is them playing in Barcelona shirts (picture from their Facebook page that hasn't been updated in 4 years) They have no staff so my first aim is to sign an assistant, a coach, physio and scout.

Here are the 4 players that are known as 'Key Players' from their contracts:

6MhxCXl.png

t7JoQ2N.png

oq0Enme.png

1LHX9Jx.png

And finally, the league:

hXjqFam.png?1

There are some amazing names in this league! We'll be facing Naughty Boys, Killer Giants, Eastern Tigers, Extension Gunners, Jwaneng Comets and Kanye Swallows this season!

2011/12 Pre-Season

O6nv5WX.png?1

HW63gGq.png?1

The Pre-Season results don't exactly fill me with hope but I must remember that we're new to to this division and we got 3 draws against teams in the First Division North and a draw against a Premier League team as well as beating Young Fighters so it's not all bad.

XGC407g.png?1

Quite a few players brought in to help us at the very least stay in this division and here are the key signings:

6dY1DOV.png

FULTwbI.png

MftTNWw.png

NOrHV3o.png

Michael Kgope is going to be the one to drag this club through the league for sure, I was amazed Mathaithai of the First Divison North let him go, last season he scored 10 goals and got 5 assists in 22 games for them.

October 2011

hptQvh0.png?1

eFuLimF.png?1

I've stuck with the 4-2-4 and it's doing something right! Kgope has scored 9 goals in 6 games and we sit in 2nd in the league and through to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup. The plus side to using a 4-2-4 in Botswana is that the defences are absolutely awful and with the 4 upfront you have the 2 wide strikers crossing the ball in and the 2 central strikers being able to get behind the defence to score.

November 2011

fY2AOeV.png?1

1JU0zoZ.png?1

Another great month with us getting into the 3rd Round of the FA Challenge Cup and in the league we sit one point behind Eastern Tigers who we play away from home in the next game after thrashing Motlaklase who look to be in danger of back-to-back relegations.

February 2012

wqZNx4h.png?1

T8IFghF.png?1

PKlm0a3.png?1

A good month with 6 points from 9 in the league keeping ups in 2nd and 3 points clear of Eastern Tigers as it's looking unlikely that we'll catch Jwaneng Comets. In the cup we caused a minor upset by defeating Mahalapye Hotspurs of the Premier League although they're 15th of 16 and looking to be relegated.

March 2012

qJsdfvc.png?1

jaelRxu.png?1

A month that started with a decent 0-0 draw away to the comets before finally bowing out at the Cup Semi-Final against TAFIC who are currently 12th in the Premier League and face Premier League leaders BDF XI in the Final, with 4 games left to go can we do enough to hold on to that promotion spot?

End of Season 2011/12

5c4WOwh.png?1

UwAZapx.png?1

First off...whaaaa? We've moved into a new stadium and can build a new stadium from scratch for just £85,000?

lmzcrth.png?1

HOV3lPU.png?1

Even though we beat Extension Gunners 1-0 taking them down to 5th, Jwaneng Comets thrashed Eastern Tigers 5-0....It didn't matter in the end though as we won the promotion/relegation playoff and see ourselves promoted!!!

r3vGhSm.png

Key Players:

QEzpZKu.png

8D6Hzdw.png

PT8OVkj.png

Season |      Club      |            Division           | Country  | League | Notes                 |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12| Young Strikers | Botswana First Division South | Botswana |  2nd   | Won Promotion Playoff |

Pre-Season 2012/13

wsXkbiy.png?1

A poor pre-season but I left the friendlies to the assistant, I'm ditching the 4-2-4 for now as I'm guessing the quality will be stronger in this league and we have a great attacking midfielder brought in this season...

UMyYsrx.png?1

Key Transfers:

e7xLM3i.png

PoUXzrF.png

ZSZQT4R.png

I didn't get a screenshot of pre-season odds, but we're predicted to finish 16th out of 16...

November 2012

O5heVmT.png?1

h7uYPlX.png?1

Form is starting to pick up as we go 2-1-1 in the league and get through to the Third Round of the cup again, Ecco are running away with the league already being 6 points clear after 8 games but the rest of the league is still really close together in terms of points.

One of my best ever goalkeepers in FM was a regen from Ghana, not sure if I've ever signed a player from Botswana though :D

Good stuff with promotion and nice signing of an actual Botswana international, he looks pretty good! Hopefully your key players can help you push up the table :)

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to follow. I've never tried managing in Africa, but your story has me adding that to my FM "bucket list."

Congratulations on the promotion, and good luck in the Premier League.

Thanks Greyfriars :) Africa is definitely somewhere fun and different to try, especially with a range of weird club names :)

One of my best ever goalkeepers in FM was a regen from Ghana, not sure if I've ever signed a player from Botswana though :D

Good stuff with promotion and nice signing of an actual Botswana international, he looks pretty good! Hopefully your key players can help you push up the table :)

Thanks Adelaidean, not sure many people have signed a player from Botswana really haha, Mogakolodi wasn't signed as an international, he made his first appearance not long after he joined us :)

January 2013

wilIUHF.png?1

ByXNPsv.png?1

A great win against TAFIC followed by a crushing defeat in the cup against Young Fighters in the cup which makes us miss out on some very much needed prize money and we finished off the month with a drab 1-1 draw against Township Rollers. One plus is that we're one of just 5 teams with a positive goal difference.

End of Season 2012/13

U68ZnqS.png?1

JBpyczi.png?1

A good finish to the season as we go with a binary league finish of 10-10-10 and a GD of +10, the league seems to be split into 3 groups, the first group solely consists of Ecco, who won the cup and won the league by a massive 18 points, the next group are the teams that finished 2nd-5th, not good enough to get near Ecco, but 5th was 8 points ahead of 6th, and the 3rd group was any team who finished below 6th, because the league was really tight with 9 points separating 6th from 13th.

For some reason the prize money has gone waay up this season, at the start of the season the rules page showed that 9th place got a reward of £30,000 but at the end of the season 9th place got £520,000 whilst we received £600,000, Ecco received £1,600,000 and Young Fighters received £240,000.

1ae4cV8.png

Key Players:

rI7Bc2T.png

ktA7nj1.png

Ldxcy7M.png

Season |      Club      |            Division           | Country  | League | Notes                 |
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011/12| Young Strikers | Botswana First Division South | Botswana |  2nd   | Won Promotion Playoff |
2012/13| Young Strikers | Botswana Premier League       | Botswana |  7th   | Not relegated!!

You are now in first division ? How many places for the African champions' league ther are in Bostwana?

Yep I'm in the top division now, the league winner enters the Champions League Preliminary Round whilst the team in 2nd qualifies for the African Confederation Cup depending on the Cup winners.

January 2014

cdc2yfU.png?1

afjR87M.png?1

Oh dear oh dear, still not very good, 4 points from 9 and it may be a good point to work on some tactical changes...whilst Ecco are currently 12 points clear and they face the side 2nd in the Ghanaian Premier League so it will be interesting how they do against them at the start of March.

End of Season 2013/14

RYvpV10.png?1

SjsDmaW.png?1

Another win and a loss, sums up our season, inconsistent or consistently bad even though we had we had a good core group we just couldn't get any strength in depth.

3rbk53A.png

Key Players:

RAGUh4p.png

OMODdqW.png

Oh and also, one more decision...

HZtXKyX.png?1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2012/13| Young Strikers | Botswana Premier League       | Botswana |  7th   | Not relegated!        |      
2013/14| Young Strikers | Botswana Premier League       | Botswana | 12th   | Resigned end of season|

Archived