Rory Delap long throw-ins

No, because he's scored Premiership goals, and most of Stoke's Championship side hadn't.

Wasn't talking about Kitson. And anyway Kitson is fine with heading the ball. He's pretty tall. Even if he can't head and prefers it at his feet he can still head it.

Would like to see a competition between Delap, Halford and Gunnarson to see who can throw the ball furthest (in the throw in style). Plus may I add Gunnarson is a very good player and his long throws are just an added advantage and he is destined for premier league football (being only 19).

Wasn't talking about Kitson. And anyway Kitson is fine with heading the ball. He's pretty tall. Even if he can't head and prefers it at his feet he can still head it.

I thought you were sarcastically mocking me :o.

I see now you meant Gunnarsson.

Kitson's pretty good when it comes to directing the header, just not at winning them with his back to goal. Decent, but no Kevin Davies- I think Doyle was statistically better despite the 4 inch height difference.

Incidently, Greg Halford could have done the javelin for Britain- I believe he was the second best 16 year old in the country at it.

• 2 weeks later...
Why can't they put in a specialty move (eg. stepovers) for long throws that allows them to throw that extra bit further, so players such as Delap have an advantage.

I agree. The throw-in attribute, for me, is pointless and could easily be represented by a PPM.

Can I drag this thread back to its original topic?

Is anyone a beta tester of the FML match engine who can shed some light on whether long throws can be effective like Delap?

I'm a BETA tester and to be honest they're pretty much the same as in FM08.

Archived