For those of you who have already purchased this, questions!

Some questions, since I can't really afford to just buy every game I'm interested in that comes out :(

1> How does it compare to the original shareware version on fhockey.com? Thats the one I've played the longest (as recently as last year), and the sim I compare all other sims to for depth of play.

2> How are the future drafts like? Decent randomization among players? Weird lopsided attributes?

3> What default roster year does it come with?

4> How is the AI for trading?

5> How does the attribute system compare to the original? Same system or new?

6> Do I have to use the silly "scouting players, to get star ratings" method of seeing player attributes, or is there a built in utility for that (akin to Player Scout for the original)

7> I reserve the right to ask more questions in the future!

Signed,

Alyfox, super-enthusiastic hockey fan (GO FLAMES)

1. EHM:EA is far more advanced - and features a far larger hockey world.

2. Attribute modelling is one of the things that has been significantly improved for EHM:EA. Players should now have a much better spread of attributes than in EHM 2007. As per my preview on The Blue Line:

PLAYER ATTRIBUTE & PROGRESSION MODELLING

Player attribute modelling is significantly better. Each player has a Player Role attribute which determines how their profile of skills will evolve and how the game will moderate their attributes upon creating a new game. There are around 50 of these role settings and we can even set them via the EHM 2007 database (but they will of course have no effect in EHM 2007). The next version of the EHM Updater which I will be releasing either today or later this week supports Player Roles (so they can be set via the attribute_update and staff_new spreadsheets).

If a player does not have a Player Role set in the database then the game will try to deduce one based upon their Defensive and Offensive Role attributes. If the player does have a Player Role set then the game will moderate the player’s attributes and Defensive and Offensive Role attributes when creating a new game. Players will no longer be all-rounders; they will have appropriate strengths and weaknesses. This is GREAT news for those of us that maintain roster updates. We can just set a player’s Current Ability, Potential Ability and Player Role and then allow the game to do the rest.

It is also great for regen players because we will see more realistic profiles rather than players with extreme opposite attributes (e.g. 20 pace and 1 acceleration).

Apparently non-player progression modelling has also been improved (but this is not something I have had the chance to check myself).

3. It comes with 2006/07 and 2014/15 rosters. All of the data is faked because the game is unlicensed. However, there is a wide array of modern and retro rosters here: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=77

4. Much improved over EHM 2007.

5. As per #2 above - much improved.

6. You can choose - there is an option when you start a new game. You can either see all attributes or you can only see those you scout (and well known players).

7. Go for it! :)

I have a quick question. Is there a fast sim option? Watching 82 games in a season means I would never finish a season. Can I be a GM and not do any coaching? I'm sure the 05 version allowed you to skip the games.

Go to YOUR NAME - GM Options and 'coach games your self' set to NO. Now on game day you have the option to view the game or just to sim it and read the box scores later. Also might want to go into Options - Detail level and set anyother leauges to either Quicksim or later stages, else it will sim every leagues games with full detail (so you can click on every single games box score and get every stat)

How does the import database work? If we edited a database from ehm07 then we can import it?

Will we be able to expansion leagues as far as teams go or is it still hard coded

How updated is the database because some ohl teams are being moved and was wondered if they were included in the game

How does the import database work? If we edited a database from ehm07 then we can import it?

Will we be able to expansion leagues as far as teams go or is it still hard coded

How updated is the database because some ohl teams are being moved and was wondered if they were included in the game

Yes, you can import EHM07 databases.

Those OHL teams move for next season. This is a 2014-15 update. No future franchise moves is possible in game

Yes, you can import EHM07 databases.

Those OHL teams move for next season. This is a 2014-15 update. No future franchise moves is possible in game

How would the import work as in ehm07 u can only have 27 ahl teams but in this game they have what 30 ahl teams

3. It comes with 2006/07 and 2014/15 rosters. All of the data is faked because the game is unlicensed. However, there is a wide array of modern and retro rosters here: http://www.ehmtheblueline.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=77

This is one I wanted clarification of. OOTP, FHM, FoF7, DDS:PB, PFS the list goes on all can use real rosters in their game as it was determined in a court case that the use of player likeness is not illegal in a text sim (including their history).

What is the reason that every other text sim can ship with real rosters but EHM doesn't? This isn't game breaking by any means but it is one that would be cool the get an explanation about.

This is one I wanted clarification of. OOTP, FHM, FoF7, DDS:PB, PFS the list goes on all can use real rosters in their game as it was determined in a court case that the use of player likeness is not illegal in a text sim (including their history).

What is the reason that every other text sim can ship with real rosters but EHM doesn't? This isn't game breaking by any means but it is one that would be cool the get an explanation about.

That court judgment relates to the United States only. It doesn't have any bearing on the use of likenesses in other countries such as Canada, Sweden, Russia, etc. In respect of team and league names - many are trademarked which is a different thing altogether. Those games are technically in breach of trademark law (and hence the MLB forced OOTPB to pay for a licence recently - and why they had to fake their data before the licence kicked in).

Hence it is it left to unofficial fan sites to make the changes. We're not making any money on this and the teams/leagues don't seem to mind or care.

just loaded up the ehm ea verison since i bought it on thursday... my question is when i start a new game it only lets me select 5 nations, canada, finland, ruissa and United states... what about the other countries like czech rep and denmark and what not if i want to be apart of those U20 rosters?

We are planning on adding more playable leagues during Early Access. The nations that have enough U20 players in the database can be managed despite what leagues are selected to be playable.

Will Be Editor Based League Making like FM15 ?

Also We have Division 3 level NT - League (Turkey) Any chance of promotion relegation in Divisions... For The NT's

Archived