I CAN'T sell players.

Hey all,

Having a lot of trouble selling players on FM15. It's really frustrating because I have a plan of what I want to turn my Liverpool into but in order to do that I need to offload the deadweight in the team.

I placed Daniel Sturridge on the transfer list (who is valued at £27.5m after my first season). Athletico Madrid put in a pitiful bid of £13m. Is that a joke? What am I supposed to do here? The exact same thing goes for Allen, Lucas Leiva, Martin Skrtel, Adam Lallana, and even Philippe Coutinho.

How can teams possibly bid £8m for a player valued just under £30m?! Am I doing something wrong?! Please help!

In real life, sometimes clubs just don't want to go for a player. It's the same in FM.

For example, in my Sheffield Wednesday save, I'm trying to sell Buxton, who's worth 850k, for 550k, but no clubs have come in at all!

I've transfer-listed my players (by their request) and told my GM to sell them at any price, and there's still no interest, so eventually the news says the player accepts he's not going anywhere and will stay with the team. As a result, I have had to hang onto non-performing malcontents until their contract runs out. And I'm not even running a big database.

Paying instalments is all well and good, but that money doesn't get added to the transfer budget so I can't afford the players I need.

It does get added to the transfer budget, in installments.

Think about it this way though, if you don't want him, why are others going to jump in with their top dollar for him? He's probably on a sizable wage, and those clubs have to work within their budgets too. You can often get stuck between a rock and a hard place in this circumstances and you ultimately need to remember that unless someone is in form, you're not likely to get mega bucks for players. Particularly for a player like Sturridge, if you're selling him, it's unlikely that teams around you that have the kind of money you'd want are going to want your cast offs, so that leaves teams below you who are already going to have trouble convincing him to come and paying his wages, let alone paying top dollar to the club that don't want him anymore.

I've transfer-listed my players (by their request) and told my GM to sell them at any price, and there's still no interest, so eventually the news says the player accepts he's not going anywhere and will stay with the team. As a result, I have had to hang onto non-performing malcontents until their contract runs out. And I'm not even running a big database.

Happens a lot in real life with players who are on wages beyond their ability (i.e. Derby post 2007-08). You could look to pay out their contract if they're causing problems at the club.

It does get added to the transfer budget, in installments.

You could look to pay out their contract if they're causing problems at the club.

Well, at the time I had no transfer budget remaining, the salary budget was upside-down by over $1K/wk and the board was keeping 90% of the transfer income coming in. So I couldn't pay them off to leave, just had to watch them glower in the squad list with abyssmal morale.

Well, at the time I had no transfer budget remaining, the salary budget was upside-down by over $1K/wk and the board was keeping 90% of the transfer income coming in. So I couldn't pay them off to leave, just had to watch them glower in the squad list with abyssmal morale.

Which is actually a very realistic situation.

The transfer market just blossomed when I started using a smaller database with the few amount of leagues I'm usually running. I usually only load England, Spain, Italy and France or Germany and I always used a Large database not knowing better. Then someone on this forum mentioned that I had way too many players for the amount of active teams, which of course made perfect sense, I just hadn't even considered it.

Maybe try using a smaller database or load more leagues?

Archived