Teams Like Benfica/Ajax/Grasshopppers

christy06

Hi Guys,

I have been playing a Grasshopper save & really enjoying it, Basically I like a game where I have to rely on good signings, buying/developing youth & selling on to survive etc basically what Ajax & Benfica do in real life, Look at Suarez, Blind, Matic, Di Maria etc. I always play as those teams but a Grasshopper thread on here made me try them because I feel Ajax/Benfica are already fairly strong/rich & it's been a real challenge, I wholly recommend that you should join us in that thread. I find it hard to get into the new Football Manager games these days & need an interesting Challenge, managing a massive club with loads of money & buying the same players over & over using the same tactics with every team is very boring to me so my question is, is there any other teams that fit this type of game? Where i need to sell my best players every year to survive but improve & win things each year? I have to qualify for Europe where I'm the underdog, never expected to qualify & when I do the money is important & go on Domestic Cup runs.

I'm trying to avoid the likes of Spain/England/Italy/German leagues & concentrate on the lower thought of nations, I have very little experience outside of these nations.

I've always enjoyed saves in Argentina. Basically all clubs have the same financial standing and market value for players gets really inflated as you go. This of course excludes Euro cups.

Currently I'm having some fun with Stade de Reims in France. It's a very cash strapped situation, with limited talent to boot.

I had a fun time managing Dinamo Bucuresti from Romania on FM14.

They have a decent youth setup. Not really tight in terms of finances IIRC, but you have stern competition in the league from Steaua, Cluj, Astra & Petrolul.

A few promising youngsters around the first team like Serban and Nedelcearu, and of course the very excellent Dorin Rotariu, that I guess will be very hard to keep hold of for long.

I had a fun time managing Dinamo Bucuresti from Romania on FM14.

They have a decent youth setup. Not really tight in terms of finances IIRC, but you have stern competition in the league from Steaua, Cluj, Astra & Petrolul.

A few promising youngsters around the first team like Serban and Nedelcearu, and of course the very excellent Dorin Rotariu, that I guess will be very hard to keep hold of for long.

Hmm, Not a bad shout, may have to take a look, never managed in the Romanian leagues before.

Dynamo Zagreb

Steaua Bucharest

Lanus/Estudiantes LP/Argentinos Jrs (2nd Div)/Arsenal Di Sarandi Argentina

Olympiacos/Paok/AEK (2nd division Greece)

Vitoria/Atletico Paranaense/Palmeiras Brasil

Penarol Uruguay

Colo Colo Chile

Metalurg/Metalist/Dnipro Ukraine

Saturn (Russia 2nd Div).

Any team in Belarus other than Bate

Shandong/Guangzhu China

Archived