It's my tactics.

:applause:

My feedback for this incredibly realistic and rewarding game will come in the form of some stats. These are the latest 10 games I haven't won. I would go back further (spoiler: it's the same pattern), but I can't see the stats from those games.

Note: All my players are world class or slightly below.

Second note: If the problem is my tactics, why are we creating sooo many good chances, hitting the woodwork, or opposition goalkeepers playing like Schmeichel while their strikers play like (fat)Ronaldo?

PSG-Southampton: 3-0

Shots: 14-14

On target: 7-4

Possession: 56-44

Woodwork: 0-0

CCC: 3-3

HC: 2-2

Longshots: 3-2

West Ham-Southampton: 1-0

Shots: 8-12

On target: 3-4

Possession: 48-52

Woodwork: 0-1

CCC: 1-3

HC: 0-1

Longshots: 3-3

Swansea-Southampton: 2-1

Shots: 6-24

On target: 5-12

Possession: 44-56

Woodwork: 0-1

CCC: 2-3

HC: 2-2

Longshots: 0-4

Southampton-Man U: 2-2

Shots: 20-3

On target: 8-2

Possession: 63-37

CCC: 5-1

HC: 5-0

Longshots: 2-1

Arsenal-Southampton: 1-0

Shots: 6-12

On target: 3-5

Possession: 45-55

Woodwork: 0-2

CCC: 1-2

HC: 1-4

Longshots: 2-4

Southampton-Liverpool: 2-2

Shots: 20-13

On target: 7-2

Possession: 60-40

CCC: 4-1

HC: 3-3

Longshots: 4-3

Southampton-Tottenham: 3-3

Shots: 20-12

On target: 8-3

Possession: 56-44

Woodwork: 1-1

CCC: 3-1

HC: 5-2

Longshots: 3-2

Man C-Southampton: 3-2

Shots: 5-15

On target: 3-5

Possession: 43-57

CCC: 0-3

HC: 1-2

Longshots: 2-3

Southampton-Stoke: 1-1

Shots: 23-4

Possession: 59-41

CCC: 2-0

HC: 4-1

Longshots: 5-3

Southampton-Man U: 2-2

Shots: 20-3

Possession: 63-37

CCC: 5-1

HC: 5-0

Longshots: 2-1

:applause:

My feedback for this incredibly realistic and rewarding game will come in the form of some stats. These are the latest 10 games I haven't won. I would go back further (spoiler: it's the same pattern), but I can't see the stats from those games.

Note: All my players are world class or slightly below.

Second note: If the problem is my tactics, why are we creating sooo many good chances, hitting the woodwork, or opposition goalkeepers playing like Schmeichel while their strikers play like (fat)Ronaldo?

Do you want advice or do you just want to whine?

If you want advice I would say you have two main issues:

A) Not scoring enough for the shots/chances you create.

B) Not shutting the opposition out - No clean sheets from the ten games.

If you start with bad luck, even the best sides drop points in around a quarter of matches so bad luck would play a role in two or three of those games on average, maybe more if you went through a bad spell.

Looking past that you need to focus on creating and converting more of your chances along with stopping the opposition. Small improvements in both those areas would turn a lot of those results around.

Next question is are you prepared to put the effort in and learn what you could be doing better?

I would suggest reading the tactics forum & maybe starting a thread showing your tactics and asking for advice.

Something to remember...

Just because a team doesn't have the upper hand in the match stats, doesn't mean they weren't the better team.

Mourinho, Ancelotti, Simeone and other top managers who have embraced counter attacks understand this principle. And they're dominating football because of that. Having more possession is, in itself meaningless. Having more shots can be pointless. Having more talented players is great but only goes so far.

If your team isn't converting CCC's then perhaps your strikers have low composure? Or maybe they're poor with finishing? Or maybe the CCC's stand out because your team is playing so aggressively that you just get more and more frustrated?

I can promise you that it IS your tactics.

Archived