Oh Dear!!

I am sorry i don't wanna use the "F" word but "F" this game the the way it's coded. Been playing since CM 93/94 so i know how to play the damn game and i have played all these years and with both big and small teams and tried all tactics tweak etc etc. I thought i saw the worse in FM13 and FM14 with the defending bugs, having paid for early beta, but this FM15 is the worse and it's not even beta anymore!! Sorry but how hard is it to code the defending of the game? I am genuinely without sarcasm asking this question. Was nothing learnt in the previous 13 and 14? I have been playing with Man Utd and i can score goals every game and scores a lot actually but the conceding is pretty shocking too. Almost every game. It's like you play and you know you're gonna conceded. I reverted back to commentary mode now but when seeing 3D mostly were rebounds and crosses!!

- was up 3-0 vs city in second season away game and ended up losing 4-3 WTF!!! no way!!! i woudn't complain if this is a one off cos it can happen but many games i noticed already when playing leading 2-3 goals means nothing because they always get back into it to at least a draw. Or even if you win goals always conceded. I don't wanan win 3-2 or 4-1 or 5-4 or 7-5. Sometimes 1-0 2-0 is ok but keep the damn clean sheet too!! AIs seem to have no problem not conceding goals. The comparision is too ridiculous

- i noticed also quite a few matches once u scored they get a goal back right away

- tried as forum suggested..close down less and tackle harder and everything. trust me everything...stupid!!!!

- all coaches 4.5 stars at least and tried focus training just defending and team cohesion and even let assistant do it...impossible same result

PLEASE TELL ME SOME OF YOU ARE GETTING THE SAME THING TO BECAUSE I AIN"T A CRY BABY. been playing this game long enough to know the DEF MECHANICS of the game is still "F" up!!!!! if it's going to be fix in january then next time i should wait buy the game in JAN then rather than waste time. I am sorry but i am doing everything right i am sure...tried everything not just complaining on first go but some things i cant control.

ADVICE AND HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Thanks

Swadeep

Tactical forum. The AI won't just roll over for you. They're going to try and get back into the game. If you're not seeing it, it isn't the game's fault.

Training Defending just focuses on their defensive attributes. If your tactics and management aren't good enough, you'll still lose.

Seriously, go read the sticky threads in the tactics forum. The Asking for Help thread will tell you what they need to give you advice.

Tactical forum. The AI won't just roll over for you. They're going to try and get back into the game. If you're not seeing it, it isn't the game's fault.

Training Defending just focuses on their defensive attributes. If your tactics and management aren't good enough, you'll still lose.

Seriously, go read the sticky threads in the tactics forum. The Asking for Help thread will tell you what they need to give you advice.

I know that they wont just roll over for you. I am aware of other aspects but like i said i was trying everything. not like i didn't try. Amway thanks for reply. I will check out tactics forum too. Cheers

swadeep

lol. you need to go into more detail with what tactics you are playing, just because you've been playing since 93/94 doesn't make you a tactical genius. I have been playing also since cm 93/94 and always struggle with big teams in strong leagues but always seem to overachieve in the lower leagues on tight budgets and gritty football.

yes i get what you guys are saying. i don't mean it like that. I meant having played that long i know that i gotta adapt tactics and try tweak and get the right one. it's become more detailed and required more attention i get that and appreciate that but this time i am just bloody stuck. nothing seems to work.

i play 4-2-3-1 the generic with control and fluid. sometimes attacking. retain posession, work ball, run defence, push higher up, tried both close down more and less, tighter marking, get stuck in, flanks, wider, roam position, high tempo..these are the basics. if i am leading by 2-3 i'd go back to control from attacking but mostly i'll play control anyway but then set to take a breather when leading much, i look conditions of players too and sub as necessary etc etc.

cheers

swadeep

You'll probably be told this in the tactics forum too, but don't just randomly add instructions. Try and understand WHY you're adding them or getting advised to add them. That way you get a better understanding of the game too.

If you are playing a high line are you playing offside trap? If not try it because if not paced strikers maybe constantly getting behind your defensive line. If you are playing offside trap maybe your defenders are not intelligent enough to pull it off or one of them is moving out to late playing the opposition onside.

I look forward to seeing Swadeep's Football Manager next year then since it's clearly really easy?

sorry there. was filled with rage. my bad!

You'll probably be told this in the tactics forum too, but don't just randomly add instructions. Try and understand WHY you're adding them or getting advised to add them. That way you get a better understanding of the game too.

yes will do again and try it out again. thank you.

If you are playing a high line are you playing offside trap? If not try it because if not paced strikers maybe constantly getting behind your defensive line. If you are playing offside trap maybe your defenders are not intelligent enough to pull it off or one of them is moving out to late playing the opposition onside.

point noted. will try as you suggest.

thanks

swadeep

Must work with your tactics.

I'm playing with Sassuolo and I'm impressed on how I'm doing defensively.

AC Milan - Sassuolo 1-1

Napoli - Sassuolo 2-1

Roma - Sassuolo 2-1

Juventus - Sassuolo 4-1

Here's the toughest matches I've played so far, and besides Juventus which are a beast.. I'm amazed that i've only conceeded 'so little' against Milan, Napoli and Roma.

I'm playing every game with an offensive 4-3-3, high defense and pressing and tempo.

Archived