How will Euro 2020 work in FM 15 ?

I've gotten as far as May 2019 and I'm the England manager.

I'm confused about it. I was drawn (or placed) in Nations League Division A Group 1 with Germany and Ukraine. I played double headers against both in the first half of the season, lost both games against Germany but won against Ukraine. It said I had been relegated in a press conference.. didn't really understand that. Then, before christmas, a regular group stage qualifier was drawn, where the top two teams will qualify. This seems familiar, but I have no idea what the Nations League is about.

I've gotten as far as May 2019 and I'm the England manager.

I'm confused about it. I was drawn (or placed) in Nations League Division A Group 1 with Germany and Ukraine. I played double headers against both in the first half of the season, lost both games against Germany but won against Ukraine. It said I had been relegated in a press conference.. didn't really understand that. Then, before christmas, a regular group stage qualifier was drawn, where the top two teams will qualify. This seems familiar, but I have no idea what the Nations League is about.

Nations league replaces European friendlies

test it out, you CANNOT create any friendlies against European nations, only foreign ones

and you got relegated because it splits it up - so the top side are in pot A, then a promotion/relegation to the next tier, and so on until pot D and you get the likes of SanMarino/Georgia/Hungary

edit: and the draw in December was the conventional Euro2020 draw that you're used to

It is a rare thing for UEFA, an idea that isn't all that bad. Every team gets very competitive "friendlies" which should be good for ability and money, still have to play some pointless games in actual qualification though.

A bit of a counter to the benefit the south american sides get from the competitiveness of the full round robin world cup qualification which works very nicely with the number of countries and them all being pretty decent.

Archived