Two questions. This is my laptop, good enough for FM 15 & does database size matter?

These are the system requirements listed on the Steam Store page:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4, Intel Core, AMD Athlon - XP: 1.6GHz+ V/7/8: 2.2GHz+

Memory: 1 GB RAM

Graphics: NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, ATI Radeon 9800, Intel GMA X3100 - 128MB VRAM

DirectX: Version 9.0c

Hard Drive: 3 GB available space

According to this, your CPU is the likely cause of any bottleneck. As to the database size, yes it will affect game speed. If not, everyone would just choose the largest possible database all the time.

The processor is quad core so I cannot see it having any difficulty in running the game smoothly. Certainly, the size of the database and number of leagues selected will effect the game speed but again, I cannot see that a medium database should be an issue. I would look at what other applications and programmes that are running while FM is on and shut down anything that is non essential- this will free up the processor and RAM to deal with FM

It should be fine my laptop is an ultra book and has an i7 4510u and runs FM 2014 pretty well (FM 2015 isn't too different in requirements) I am able to run a medium database with 60k players and 2.5 star game speed. the ULV processor is weaker than yours so you should get similar if not better performance then I do.

I´ve done the above. And I find out that the game speed and star ratings are estimated to five each one, yet still the game processes game time too slow. Yes it´s a matter of seconds but it´s still important to me compared to FM 14 where everything ran extra smoothly. On the upper hand right corner, it says "processing" way too many times compared to the laptop specifications. I know that SI are working on this right now, for example when processing fixtures (because that one is messed up) so will these small issues be fixed in time for the release?

Thats a Sandybridge Core I7, mobile yes but a QM model which was the highest mobile cpu in Intels pecking order , you'll have no problems with that cpu and in fact, you'll find that it wont be that far off a desktop Sandybridge Core I5.

Archived