AI Experiment & Sign-up - 'Ez gara Espainiar, Eusko ari gara!'

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congratulations, Dave! (I'm not even close to that...)

** What time is it in Portsmouth (where you are) because I don't want to get up 8am my time (morning) and wait like 4 hours **

Congratulations on graduation, Dave!

I wouldn't be surprised if Real Iruna were to beat us all to the league title :D

Cheers guys! It's BST here so currently 19.30. And I really hope they don't haha! I tried to set the options to what I thought would be relatively uncompetitive as well, so it would be pretty typical if they did go on to win!

Cheers guys! It's BST here so currently 19.30. And I really hope they don't haha! I tried to set the options to what I thought would be relatively uncompetitive as well, so it would be pretty typical if they did go on to win!

Oh, it's just an hour difference(it's 20.32 here). I agree, hopefully they won't win but if they do it wouldn't be a surprise! (Trust me, I know. On FM 2009 I created my entire class' football teams with their names and an annoying girl won the league followed by me and a great footballer...both me and him were set to 20/10000 and she had 12/6500. I used FMRTE just to make her team suck in the First division as I added those teams to Croatian Second Div.)

As the final test gets underway, we'll take a quick look at the teams involved in the league. There are sixteen teams vying for top spot, and all the glory which goes with it, in the brand new Liga del Euskal Herria. The teams are all brand new, and evenly funded, and nobody has any idea who will come out on top. Reflecting this, the bookies have given equal odds to every team, and when forced to give their prediction, the local media was able to rank the teams only in alphabetical order. It certainly promises to be exciting.

Preview.png

If you'd like to send me a brief overview/background of your clubs, please feel free to do it via PM. This is totally optional by the way - it's just a bit of fun!

Below you can see the locations within Pays Basque of the sixteen clubs. Most are located within Euskadi, the Basque Country itself, but there are four teams based in France, and one in Navarre territory.

Locations.png

There'll be a brief introduction to our clubs to follow.

Yeah, just bet your entire life savings for every club evenly. You will pay 16*x and be sure to win 25*x.

Minor bug?

Just the way bookmakers work! They have to make money out of people somehow :p

EDIT: Oh hang on, I was looking at it the wrong way... Yeah that is a bit of a bug!

Just the way bookmakers work! They have to make money out of people somehow :p

EDIT: Oh hang on, I was looking at it the wrong way... Yeah that is a bit of a bug!

What a bug! I bet 1 kn (0.10 Brit Pounds) on each team :p

*QUIZ HINT*: *Went past Dundalk because of an offside goal.*

hadjuk :) Dinamo fan then I guess

No, NK Zagreb and NK Samobor(3rd Division) fan. Yes, it is Hajduk! (sorry for being a di*k but it kinda annoys me when people spell it Hadjuk because that is pronounced Hađuk and...) I just laughed my a*s out while watching the game tonight. You win a cookie!

Gasteizko Txirrindulariak - A Club Overview

Manager - Xabier Manzisidor

Stadium - Bizikleta Estadio

Capacity - 20000

Based - Vitoria-Gasteiz

Nickname - Turbo Bizikletak

Rivals - Vitoria Unido C.F., C.D. Vitoria (Spain)

GasteizkoKits.png

Gasteizko Txirrindulariak - the 'Vitoria-Gasteiz Riders' (or 'Cyclists' depending on who you ask) - are based in the Basque capital of Vitoria-Gasteiz, also the capital of the province Álava. The club's stadium name would also appear to refer to bicycles, but the club's owner and chairman John Hopkins is more interested in the motorised version of the two-wheeled vehicle. A self-confessed fan of Moto GP, Hopkins' favourite rider is the man who shares his name, and he has drawn inspiration from this passion when forming his club. Will Gasteizko Txirrindulariak motor to glory in the inaugural Basque season, or will they find they have insufficient pedal power to mount a challenge? In either case, neither they nor their chairman appear to lack enthusiasm for what's ahead.

NB: If anyone would like to include nicknames for their clubs or rivalries with other clubs (up to two*, and they must be appropriately local and realistic with either a real club or another sign-up club if both agree) then please let me know as soon as you can. Once the sign-up officially begins there'll be no further chance to add these! Feel free to use the map in post 56 as reference.

*If you already have two rivalries and other clubs decide they want one with you too, that's fine! You'll just have to deal with being disliked ;)

Sporting Club de Mañaria - A Club Overview

Manager - Marcelo Bielsa

Stadium - El Caldero Rojo

Capacity - 25000

Based - Mañaria

Nickname - Los Mármoles

Rivals - Red Bull Bilbo

ManariaKits.png

Sporting Club de Mañaria is a newly formed Basque club situated in a valley within the course of the Mañaria river in the province of Biscay. The only club in the Basque Country owned and run by a woman, Colombian Jackeline Ballesteros, the mountains surrounding the club give them their nickname, 'Los Mármoles' (The Marbles), as a nod towards the local marble miners. Playing at the 25,000 seater 'El Caldero Rojo' (The Red Cauldron), SC Mañaria fans have a reputation for creating a terrifying atmosphere and are known to make their home ground a bit of a fortress, casting fear into any teams who happen to stop by. The red stripes in the home kit are said to represent passion, with the yellow stripes representing the marble industry. Los Mámoles fans will be hoping their team can go out hard, and just keep rolling on.

Vitoria Unido Club de Fútbol - A Club Overview

Manager - Javier Irureta

Stadium - Mendizorroza (tenants of Deportivo Alavés)

Capacity - 19200

Based - Vitoria-Gasteiz

Nickname - Los Diablos Rojos

Rivals - Gasteizko Txirrindulariak, Deportivo Alavés (Spain)

VitoriaKits.png

Malcolm Glazer (no relation to the late Manchester United owner), a former financial consultant in the United States, heard of plans being drawn up for a new football league to be set up by the Basque FA during a vacation to France. With the money in hand, he moved to Álava with the hope of petitioning for Deportivo Alavés, his ex-girlfriend's favourite club, to be granted permission to play in the newly-formed league. When his appeal was overwhelmingly rejected, he instead decided to set up a new club, Vitoria Unido de Fútbol; one of two clubs in Vitoria-Gasteiz to participate in the Liga de Euskal Herria. In order to attract a wider fanbase, Vitoria Unido entered into a stadium-sharing agreement with Deportivo Alavés. Hoping his American friends can understand why he's taken up the role of chairman at a currently non-existent club in Spain, Glazer has great plans for Vitoria Unido. With big city rivals Gasteizko Txirrindulariak up against him however, it appears unlikely that Vitoria-Gasteiz can remain united.

Gasteizko Txirrindulariak - A Club Overview

Manager - Xabier Manzisidor

Stadium - Bizikleta Estadio

Capacity - 20000

Based - Vitoria-Gasteiz

Nickname - none

Rivals - Vitoria Unido Club de Fútbol

GasteizkoKits.png

Gasteizko Txirrindulariak - the 'Vitoria-Gasteiz Riders' (or 'Cyclists' depending on who you ask) - are based in the Basque capital of Vitoria-Gasteiz, also the capital of the province Álava. The club's stadium name would also appear to refer to bicycles, but the club's owner and chairman John Hopkins is more interested in the motorised version of the two-wheeled vehicle. A self-confessed fan of Moto GP, Hopkins' favourite rider is the man who shares his name, and he has drawn inspiration from this passion when forming his club. Will Gasteizko Txirrindulariak motor to glory in the inaugural Basque season, or will they find they have insufficient pedal power to mount a challenge? In either case, neither they nor their chairman appear to lack enthusiasm for what's ahead.

Dave, I sent you my team nickname by PM. Where is it?

Hold on, I've only just logged on and seen it! :p

Sorry, man. I'm just too impatient.

Just had an awesome race on MotoGP2 the game! (on legend difficulty)

1. Me 1min 49sec

2. Ukawa 2.16

3. van den Goorbergh 2.17

-------------------------------

16. Hopkins(sadly) 2.34

-------------------------------

20. Cardoso 3.46(LOL)

See the finishing time difference between me(1st) and everyone else?

Athletic Irún FC - A Club Overview

Manager - Massimiliano Allegri

Stadium - Bidasoa Arena

Capacity - 25000

Based - Irún

Nickname - Ibai Gizonak

Rivals - SD Hendaia, RCD Errenteria, Real Unión (Spain)

IrunKits-1.png

Athletic Irún FC, or 'Ibai Gizonak' (The River Men), is another newly formed Basque club, situated in the Bidasoaldea region. The club is one of a number in the league which hail from the province of Gipuzkoa, and it is from the coat of arms of which the team colours are drawn. The club is owned and run by Juan de Urbieta, who claims to be a descendant of the Spanish infantryman Juan de Urbieta who captured King Francis I of France in the Battle of Pavia in 1525. The club will be playing in the 25000-seater Bidasoa Arena, which is named after the Bidasoa river which Irún is situated upon, and serves as a border between Spain and France, feeding into the Bay of Biscay. The club possesses rivalries within the Liga del Euskal Herria with SD Hendaia and RCD Errenteria, situated either side of them, and will additionally expect to have a local derby with Spanish Segunda B side Real Unión, also based in the town.

Woah...woah. These intros are epic. You just took mine and made it twice as good! :D

Irureta as manager...that means I'm due for a change of personnel already! :lol:

Absolutely cannot wait for this to start! Will you be continuing this even when FM15 comes out? (if it goes according to plan, that is)

Woah...woah. These intros are epic. You just took mine and made it twice as good! :D

Irureta as manager...that means I'm due for a change of personnel already! :lol:

Absolutely cannot wait for this to start! Will you be continuing this even when FM15 comes out? (if it goes according to plan, that is)

I at least like my manager. And I agree with you, the intros are too epic!

I at least like my manager. And I agree with you, the intros are too epic!

Cheers guys! Haha, is that down to his age or ability?!

Yeah I don't see why not - I probably wouldn't get FM15 straight away anyway! Hopefully the fact that it's a sign-up rather than just an experiment means emotional attachment will be strong enough to keep it going for a fair while.

Cheers guys! Haha, is that down to his age or ability?!

Yeah I don't see why not - I probably wouldn't get FM15 straight away anyway! Hopefully the fact that it's a sign-up rather than just an experiment means emotional attachment will be strong enough to keep it going for a fair while.

I probably won't stop following this until you stop posting(or my ducking teacher starts giving 2 page essays for tomorrow every day like she did in June :thdn: ) (But as school doesn't start until 08.09., I have some time to follow this)

Atletico Tolosa - A Club Overview

Manager - Michael Laudrup

Stadium - Estadio Tolosa

Capacity - 18000

Based - Tolosa

Nickname - Da Magoak

Rivals - none

TolosaKits.png

First begun as a commitment toward growing football in their home town by the Alonso family, led by the legendary Xabi Alonso and his wealthy relative Koldobika, Atletico Tolosa is preparing for their debut season in the Liga del Euskal Herria. Located in the city of the current Real Madrid player's birth, Atletico Tolosa began as a dream to give back to the city that gave so much to their family. In order to show this long term stability, Koldobika Alonso, the team's owner, has decided to show some restraint in spending, preferring to keep some money in the coffers in case the need arises. Da Magoak show the passion of being from the Basque Country by being the only team in Liga del Euskal Herria to incorporate the colors of the Basque flag into their main kit. Will this national pride and the attempt to fulfill the dreams of Tolosa's most legendary footballing family drive Atletico Tolosa onto victory this season in the Liga del Euskal Herria? Only time will tell.

SD Hendaia - A Club Overview

Manager - Justo Lillo

Stadium - Heriotza Barrutik

Capacity - 20000

Based - Hendaye

Nickname - Les Baleines

Rivals - Athetic Irún, Saint-Jean de Luz

HendaiaKits.png

SD Hendaia are based in Hendaye, which lies on the Bidasoa River in the French province of Labourd, right on the border with Spain, and play in black and pink. As a coastal town with a busy port, the town's crest displays a whale on a blue background, and it is from this that the team gets it's nickname - Les Baleines (The Whales). The team maintain local rivalries with Athletic Irún, situated across the Bidasoa, and with Saint-Jean de Luz; a town with which Hendaye competes in terms of tourism as well as sport. SD Hendaia may be in the minority in a newly formed nation filled with the bigger fish from across the border, but will they be able to land a title or two?

Sporting Club de Mañaria - A Club Overview

Manager - Marcelo Bielsa

Stadium - El Caldero Rojo

Capacity - 25000

Based - Mañaria

Nickname - Los Mármoles

Rivals - none

ManariaKits.png

Sporting Club de Mañaria is a newly formed Basque club situated in a valley within the course of the Mañaria river in the province of Biscay. The mountains surrounding the club give them their nickname, 'Los Mármoles' (The Marbles), as a nod towards the local marble miners. Playing at the 25,000 seater 'El Caldero Rojo' (The Red Cauldron), SC Mañaria fans have a reputation for creating a terrifying atmosphere and are known to make their home ground a bit of a fortress, casting fear into any teams who happen to stop by. The red stripes in the home kit are said to represent passion, with the yellow stripes representing the marble industry. Los Mámoles fans will be hoping their team can go out hard, and just keep rolling on.

This is awesome.. Would quite like to form a rivalry of some kind. Don't mind who with... RB Bilbo are closest, for what that's worth.

This is awesome.. Would quite like to form a rivalry of some kind. Don't mind who with... RB Bilbo are closest, for what that's worth.

Yeah, I'm open to rivalry with SC Manaria. Also you could add rivalry with Athletic Bilbao.

As a club run by corporation, Red Bull Bilbo should be probably disliked by everyone. :D

Also, please, add a nickname to RB Bilbo. "Latak".

Yeah, I'm open to rivalry with SC Manaria. Also you could add rivalry with Athletic Bilbao.

As a club run by corporation, Red Bull Bilbo should be probably disliked by everyone. :D

Sweet - Rivalry with Red Bull. Works for me.

Sweet - Rivalry with Red Bull. Works for me.

Yep, sure thing!

Real Club Deportivo de Errenteria - A Club Overview

Manager - Guus Hiddink

Stadium - Estadio de Fanderia

Capacity - 30000

Based - Errenteria

Nickname - none

Rivals - Athetic Irún, Real Sociedad (Spain)

ErrenteriaKits.png

RCD Errenteria are another side located in the province of Gipuzkoa, and are based in the coastal town of Errenteria situated on the river Oiartzun, not too far from the French border. The club share a rivalry with neighbours Athletic Irún as well as with Spanish La Liga side Real Sociedad, based in nearby San Sebastian, the capital of Gipuzkoa. The chairman and owner, Jordi Fernández Esteban, has alleged links with Australia and in particular AFL club North Melbourne FC, and this is reflected in the royal blue which is shared by both teams. Whatever his loyalties and links, Fernández Esteban has already shown that he is shrewd, having appointed legendary manager Guus Hiddink to lead his newly formed club. Will Hiddink bring glory to Errenteria?

Santurtzi Nabigatzalleek - A Club Overview

Manager - Diego Maradona

Stadium - Estadio Galleon

Capacity - 35000

Based - Santurtzi

Nickname - none

Rivals - Real Santurtzi

SanturtziKits.png

One of two newly formed Basque clubs based in the port town of Santurzi, situated in the province of Biscay not far from the capital Bilbao, Santurtzi Nabigatzalleek's name translates to 'Santurtzi Navigators'. According to chairman Jakes Gaizka, 'Santurtzi is a beautiful town with beautiful food, a fact emulated perfectly at the club. You will not find a better meal anywhere else in the league!' Entertainment is the mantra of the club, and manager Diego Maradona appears to fit the bill perfectly; the legend filled with eccentricity, flair and controversy, but most importantly passion. It would take perhaps a brave person to bet on Santurtzi to win the league in their first season, but expect their efforts to be fun and entertaining. And there'll be absolutely no love lost when they meet rivals Real Santurtzi for the first time.

Watch out for SD Hendaia! Super intro's!

Did Saint-Jean de Luz accepted my rivalry?

Thanks! I haven't heard from the chairman yet I'm afraid; sent a message out on Friday so hopefully should hear back soon.

Red Bull Bilbo - A Club Overview

Manager - Xabier Azkargorta

Stadium - Gorria Zezena Estadioaren

Capacity - 15000

Based - Bilbao

Nickname - Latak

Rivals - SC Mañaria, Athletic Bilbao (Spain)

BilboKits.png

The formation of the Liga del Euskal Herria by the Basque FA didn't go unnoticed by Austrian energy drink giants Red Bull, who seized upon their chance to form and sponsor yet another football club. This time the location was Bilbao, and the Gorria Zezena Estadioaren ('Red Bull Stadium') but the goal is the same. Trying to promote the business off the field at the same time as achieving glory on it is the aim of 'Latak' (which translates literally to 'cans' or 'tins') and former Espanyol and Bolivia manager Xabier Azkargorta is the man entrusted to reach the club's goals. Will the team fly to glory in the first ever Basque season, or will their dreams fizzle out and be flattened before the end?

Real Santurtzi - A Club Overview

Manager - Frank Rijkaard

Stadium - Eguzki Stadia

Capacity - 30000

Based - Santurtzi

Nickname - none

Rivals - Santurtzi Nabigatzalleek

RealSanturtziKits-1.png

Local businessman Aitor Ezkibel, once himself a footballer before a horrific double legbreak dashed his hopes and dreams of making a proper name for himself, is said to be delighted to be behind the club he hopes will become the biggest in Santurtzi, and in the newly formed Basque league as well. He is said to be very passionate about the game and especially about the club, and is rumoured to lack somewhat in patience, so Frank Rijkaard is under pressure to deliver early on or he may find himself looking for a new job. The club also has an inbuilt policy to nurture and develop a lot of its own players, who will be expected to form a strong Santurtzi core within the Basque national team.

Bayonne Rovers FC - A Club Overview

Manager - Andre Villas-Boas

Stadium - Kaiola

Capacity - 25000

Based - Bayonne

Nickname - Lapurtxoak

Rivals - Club de Biarritz

BayonneKits.png

One of four newly formed Basque clubs based in France territory, Bayonne Rovers are geographically the most northern club in the newly formed Liga del Euskal Herria. Their nickname is Lapurtxoak, and they play at Kaiola, which means 'The Cage' in Basque. Lapurtxoak cite their main rivals as Club de Biarritz, who are based in nearby Biarritz, and he derby between the is also known as Baiona-Miarritze Derbia. The chairman and owner, Mathias Ermenegilde Kepa, has alleged links to Hong Kong and in particular South China FC, perhaps in evidence with the shared club colours. Andre Villas-Boas is the man drafted in to lead the newly formed side, and certainly has the pedigree to do well. The question is, will this result in success?

Loving the intros.

Sorry about my inbox being full should be sorted now.

No worries, it was just regarding the intros actually! I was asking if there was a nickname or any rivalries you wanted putting in, and perhaps a little bit on the background of the club. No pressure though!

Are you going to do an epic intro for Real Iruna?

I will indeed! The club overview sections will be used to record club honours, stats and records as we go through the game, which is why I've been linking to them from the main Basque club post near the top of the thread.

Archived