Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you done Kevin Phillips yet? If not, I'd be happy to post what attributes I think he should have.

I have done all the players, Let me know which ones you want to see and I'll post them. I'll post Kevin in a moment.. :)

Unlike many other football clubs, the supporters own and operate Barcelona. It is the second most valuable sports team on the globe, worth $3.2 billion, and the world's second-richest football club in terms of revenue, with an annual turnover of $613 million.

Barcelona is the most successful club in Spain, in terms of overall official titles won (82). Barcelona was ranked first in the 'All-Time Club World Ranking' by IFFHS, on 31 December 2009,and was placed on top of the 2012/13 UEFA club rankings. It has won 22 La Liga, 26 Copa del Rey, 11 Supercopa de España, 3 Copa Eva Duarte and 2 Copa de la Liga trophies, as well as being the record holder for the latter four competitions. In international club football, Barcelona has won four UEFA Champions League, a record four UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, four UEFA Super Cup, a record three Inter-Cities Fairs Cup and a record two FIFA Club World Cup trophies. The club has a long-standing rivalry with Real Madrid; matches between the two teams are referred to as "El Clásico".

Barcelona is one of the most supported teams in the world, and has the largest fan base among all sports teams on all major social networks. Barcelona's players have won a record number of Ballon d'Or awards (10), as well as a record number of FIFA World Player of the Year awards (7). In 2010, the club created history when three players who came through its youth academy (Messi, Iniesta & Xavi) were chosen as the three best players in the world, having bagged the top spots at the FIFA Ballon d'Or, an unprecedented feat for players from the same football school.

Make way for the Barcelonistas! Here come the Catalans!

Chairman: Josep Lluís Nunez

Manager: Aloysius Paulus Maria van Gaal = Louis Van Gaal

FCBarcelona_SquadPlayers-4_zps54bf87d9.png

KevinPhillips_OverviewProfile-3_zpsd73c1a10.png

This is good and I think you're very close here.

The main things I would tweak are

Jumping stat. Yes he was small, but boy could he spring off the ground and I've seen him outjump bigger defenders when they've been static and he's had a run on them. So, I'd put jumping up to about 10.

Strength, 17 is way too much - I'd bring it down to about 12.

I'd bring his leadership down as well to about 13-14. He has worn the armband before but doesn't excel in the role nor does he like it all that much.

His passing was pretty average on the whole, down to about 12.

Slight nudge upwards to Off the Ball - 16-17.

Slight nudge of 1-2 points downwards for teamwork.

Preferred moves - you could put "moves into channels" but this is not essential.

Hidden attributes - needs very high professionalism. He was a fantastic trainer by all accounts and, of course, played until 39-40.

DaveWatson_OverviewProfile_zps671c2b86.png

Very little I'd change here.

I would bring Off the Ball (which is an attacking attribute) right down to about 10 - not known for amazing movement.

He has captained before so justifies more leadership qualities - probably about 14.

Creativity I would increase to about 8-10. Creativity doesn't mean they'll do amazing things, this attribute is just about how many passing options they "see" and with a very low attribute, the player will be blinkered.

I'm impressed that you've noted that he can also play as a striker, which is where he started his career. I would lower his ability there though so its more of a yellow / orange colour.

StanleyAnderson_OverviewProfile_zps990d9378.png

Mostly good, but needs a couple of significant tweaks.

With creativity of 3, his passing ability will be wasted. He could start attacks from deep positions, suggesting he had a very good overall vision of the game - so creativity should be 15+.

Similarly, I'd nudge up technique and first touch to about 14 each, otherwise again his passing ability will be wasted.

Finishing. He did score over 30 goals, which is good from a deep position. So I'd boost finishing to a competent level i.e. 10-12.

Long shots, boost by a couple of points.

Slight boost to dribbing of a couple of points.

Hidden stats - he played a lot of games so low on injuries, high on professionalism. He scored goals in important games so high on important matches.

Also, only 1 yellow card, one red card. So high sportmanship, very low on dirtiness.

http://www.thestatcat.co.uk/Player.aspx?PlayerID=58

Re. positions, it is always difficult to translate old school notation to modern positions. He was a right-half. I think you're right to have his best position as DM, but I would boost his ability at CM, and maybe include MR as yellow/orange.

He was know as "Stan" rather than Stanley.

I can happily look at Bobby Gurney & Ian Porterfield for you. After that, you're into the old oldies and you probably know as much if not more than I do about them ;-)

Mostly good, but needs a couple of significant tweaks.

With creativity of 3, his passing ability will be wasted. He could start attacks from deep positions, suggesting he had a very good overall vision of the game - so creativity should be 15+.

Similarly, I'd nudge up technique and first touch to about 14 each, otherwise again his passing ability will be wasted.

Finishing. He did score over 30 goals, which is good from a deep position. So I'd boost finishing to a competent level i.e. 10-12.

Long shots, boost by a couple of points.

Slight boost to dribbing of a couple of points.

Hidden stats - he played a lot of games so low on injuries, high on professionalism. He scored goals in important games so high on important matches.

Also, only 1 yellow card, one red card. So high sportmanship, very low on dirtiness.

http://www.thestatcat.co.uk/Player.aspx?PlayerID=58

Re. positions, it is always difficult to translate old school notation to modern positions. He was a right-half. I think you're right to have his best position as DM, but I would boost his ability at CM, and maybe include MR as yellow/orange.

He was know as "Stan" rather than Stanley.

I can happily look at Bobby Gurney & Ian Porterfield for you. After that, you're into the old oldies and you probably know as much if not more than I do about them ;-)

I had him down as dictates tempo? Can you confirm that Stan Dictated the tempo?

When does this come out?

Thanks for your Question.

This is coming soon. As soon as it is completed it will be out. I am hoping before the end of this month.. I can't give you an exact timeframe suffice to say that it will be out as soon as it is ready. :thup:

I appreciate your patience while this is being completed.

Rivaldo Vítor Borba Ferreira Better known as Rivaldo.

Between 1993 and 2003, Rivaldo played 74 matches and scored 34 goals for Brazil and is the seventh highest goalscorer. He helped Brazil reach the final of the 1998 FIFA World Cup, and won the 1999 Copa América where he was named player of the tournament. Rivaldo starred alongside Ronaldo and Ronaldinho in the 2002 FIFA World Cup winning team. He was named in the FIFA World Cup All-Star Team in 1998 and 2002.

One of the most skillful players of his generation, Rivaldo was renowned for his free kicks, overhead kicks, ball striking from distance, dribbling, passing and close ball control. In 1999 he won the Ballon d'Or and was named FIFA World Player of the Year. In 2004 he was named in the FIFA 100 list of the world's greatest living players. He is an inductee to the Brazilian Football Museum Hall of Fame.

"While it would be dubious to argue that Rivaldo was a better technician than Zidane, it is arguable that, if you took everyone playing at the absolute peak of their game, Rivaldo was the best and most unstoppable footballer since Maradona." Rob Smyth of The Guardian

Rivaldo_OverviewProfile_zps16676a4a.png

Mhm, all I saw about Barcelona was: It is the second most valuable sports team on the globe, worth $3.2 billion, and the world's second-richest football club...

:lol:

:lol: Did I mention that they are Media Prediction 1st?

DaveWatson_OverviewProfile-2_zpsa7923f87.png

Stan Anderson & Dave Watson's sttributes look good now.

I've just noticed something with Watson though - you've used a pic of him wearing a Southampton shirt! :lol:

http://www.therokerend.com/images_tre/70s/watson_dave01.jpg - in a Sunderland shirt, but its not a close-up facial

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wear/content/images/2007/11/01/dave_watson_353x470.jpg - wearing training kit, b & w, but it is a good close up and he is wearing Sunderland clobber :D

The Media also said that Real Madrid/Barcelona will win the title this year but they were wrong. the same as here :lol:

Yes, Diego Simone is a player now so he won't be doing that again! Hopefully he doesn't get David Beckham sent off again either. :herman:

DiegoSimeone_OverviewProfile-3_zps293c8cbe.png

IanPorterfield_OverviewProfile-3_zps72ab87e7.png

I would ease right down on dribbling, probably to about 13.

He was a good all-round technical, elegant player, so to reflect that:

Crossing up to 10

Agility to 13

Balance to 14

Strength to 10

I'd bring marking down to 10, not really a defensive player.

I would ease down on decisions, to about 14.

I don't think he was all that brave, so I'd bring this down significantly, unless you want all your player to be brave?

- Just seen your post on Dave Watson - I didn't notice myself the first time. Our shirts were fairly similar in that era.

BobbyGurney_OverviewProfile-2_zps53d9af76.png

His finishing was deadly - I would be tempted to push this right up to 20 because that's what his game was about.

I would improve his first touch to about 14 as this will impact his ability to finish.

He will also need a very high rating for consistency.

Given that he was known for his versatility, I'd also make him competent in the AMC position.

Update on my progress:

The last list of my Wolves 25 man squad has been agreed upon among the supporters, they seemed happy enough that it represented older and newer generations and so I'd consider that the final list. See what you think from you're research of wolves when you come too editing the attributes and add or take away players as you see fit to give the squad the best balance.

I have started my work on Celtic, seems like you were spot on with the difficulties i'd have. Yes it's easy finding the players, its just they have such a rich history, from the 1900's to present day they have so many players that are described in the "legends" bracket. Even when you go beyond the "Lisbon Lions" and the "Quality street gang" their are so many players that could warrant a spot. My plan is to create as fair a representation of each decade in Celtics history within the final 25 man squad and I'm going to keep things tight this time. So 2 players for each position, 22 players, plus 3 utility players.

Anyway i'll keep you updated.

Update on my progress:

The last list of my Wolves 25 man squad has been agreed upon among the supporters, they seemed happy enough that it represented older and newer generations and so I'd consider that the final list. See what you think from you're research of wolves when you come too editing the attributes and add or take away players as you see fit to give the squad the best balance.

I have started my work on Celtic, seems like you were spot on with the difficulties i'd have. Yes it's easy finding the players, its just they have such a rich history, from the 1900's to present day they have so many players that are described in the "legends" bracket. Even when you go beyond the "Lisbon Lions" and the "Quality street gang" their are so many players that could warrant a spot. My plan is to create as fair a representation of each decade in Celtics history within the final 25 man squad and I'm going to keep things tight this time. So 2 players for each position, 22 players, plus 3 utility players.

Anyway i'll keep you updated.

That's fantastic work mate. :thup: Just what I need, and I'll be putting wolves together shortly based on your findings. I thought Celtic and Rangers would be a big and interesting project to work on. I know that Scotland produces great players and managers too for that matter! I can't wait to see what you come up with.

His finishing was deadly - I would be tempted to push this right up to 20 because that's what his game was about.

I would improve his first touch to about 14 as this will impact his ability to finish.

He will also need a very high rating for consistency.

Given that he was known for his versatility, I'd also make him competent in the AMC position.

His consistency is: 18 :thup:

Nice one :)

I think I've probably helped with all the players I can for Sunderland now.

If you do need any help with anything else just let me know - you're doing a really great job and I can't wait to play it!

Thanks, I appreciate all your help and your expertise on Sunderland has been really valuable to this project.

You have done a fantastic job looking at the players and I just hope that Sunderland can live up to the media's prediction of 3rd Place. :lol:

Update: I have moved David Seaman from Leeds to Arsenal in line with bringing top top players into their prime. I have moved Bob Wilson from Arsenal, who will now become part of the Wolves Squad and Gary Sprake will take David Seamans place in the Leeds Squad.

Update: In line with the policy of ensuring the very top players are aged between 22 - 24 and coming into their prime, The following clubs have now been updated.

Arsenal

Aston Villa

Blackburn

Burnley

Chelsea

Everton

Fulham

Leeds

Liverpool

Manchester City

Manchester United

Newcastle

Nottingham Forest

Sheffield Wednesday

Southampton

Sunderland

Tottenham Hotspur

Fenech, regarding Newcastle, Michael Owen is not a legend. He is quite unpopular with a large number of Newcastle fans. Good player yes, but he'll never be classed as a Newcastle legend. He should be at Liverpool which is where he was at his best, after Liverpool his career nosedived.

In line with your suggestions, Michael Owen is now at Liverpool, and the Newcastle Squad has been updated.:thup:

What's left on the to do list fenech?

At the moment I am updating Nottingham Forest, and I came across, Roy Dwight, a brilliant goal scoring Right Winger, before he broke his leg in the FA Cup Final but he's more of a Fulham Legend, so I brought him back. He is actually Elton Johns older cousin! It does mean that Bobby Robson had to make way and go to West Brom though.

So I have some cracking forest legends in mind to replace SWP who isn't a forest legend, Stan Bowles, is off to Q.P.R and I have a replacement in mind for Michael Dawson as well.

Will be going through the prem in line with players coming into their prime and the removal of all nicknames. I'll be bringing back wolves, Wimbledon and Portsmouth. There still quite a bit left to do, but I do feel that I am still on schedule to release this sometime next week. I still have some of the smaller countries left to do as well but the big ones are mostly done.

I can't wait to release this! :) It will be well worth the wait and I hope that you enjoy playing it half as much as I am enjoying creating it and the help / support of everyone in the community has been amazing and very much appreciated.

Thank you so much for your patience with this. :thup:

Have to say Fenech that you've done a great job with this. However, a few changes are required to be made to the Forest squad imo.

Shaun Wright-Phillips shouldn't be anywhere near the Forest squad. He was released at a young age as he was considered 'too small'. As I'm only 22, I haven't been around too long I can't give too many ideas to who a decent replacement could be.

Stan Bowles shouldn't be in there either. Especially a quick check on Wikipedia. Again, I'm limited to who I could give to replace them. I'd possibly suggest Jack Burkitt in place of Bowles.

Reasons being as we haven't been that successful over the past 15 or so years and most of those players wouldn't come close.

The Nottingham Forest team is now updated as per your advice.

I have taken out SWP, Michael Dawson and Stan Bowles and I have replaced them with: Jack Burkitt, Bob McKinlay and Steve Hodge. :thup:

^^^

I would bring his pace right down, possibly to single digits.

Also, this was a lad who was prone to weight gain, ate too many pies and kebabs and looked knackered even before the worst of the drink took him. I would have low natural fitness.

Because of his relationship with food and drink, which were ongoing all through his career, I'd also give him very low professionalism.

A gifted football - but athlete he was not!

^^^

I would bring his pace right down, possibly to single digits.

Also, this was a lad who was prone to weight gain, ate too many pies and kebabs and looked knackered even before the worst of the drink took him. I would have low natural fitness.

Because of his relationship with food and drink, which were ongoing all through his career, I'd also give him very low professionalism.

A gifted football - but athlete he was not!

Updating Gazza now...:thup:

I'd be tempted to give him "1" :D

You need a pic of him with a can of lager and kebab in each hand while also eating a Mars bar ;)

I did read about this, He definitely had a 20 for Bravery because I read how he was a "good friend" of Raoul Moat and while in an armed stand off with police he had brought him a "can of lager, some chicken, a mobile phone and something to keep warm. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/7882762/Raoul-Moat-Gazza-arrives-in-Rothbury-to-offer-his-support.html

He only became a 1 once his playing days had finished, so I'm leaving it as a 9! :thup:

I can confirm however that he has a permanent dislike of Vinnie Jones and Vice Versa.

untitled_zps14607d1c.png

In 1940 the team won the inaugural Football League War Cup. The club have won the FA Cup three times: in 1964, 1975 and 1980 as well as being runners-up twice, in 1923 and 2006. In 1965, they won the European Cup Winners Cup, and in 1999 they won the Intertoto Cup. They are one of eight existent clubs never to have fallen below the second tier of English football, spending 55 of 87 league seasons in Division 1 to 2013. However, unlike the other seven (Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton, Liverpool, Manchester United, Newcastle United and Tottenham Hotspur), the club has never won the league title. But Maybe now that might change, maybe one of you can help the happy hammers to their first league championship?

The club's best final league position is third place in the 1985–86 First Division. We welcome back their manager: John Lyall

We welcome back the three players instrumental when England last won the world cup in 1966 including Hat Trick Hero, Geoff Hurst.

We welcome back the Chairman, Reginald Pratt, who was instrumental in setting up the youth academy which has produced so many fine talented youngsters down the years!

Oh and we have a true West Ham legend, Frank Lampard! Not the one who plays for Chelsea, It's his dad! :)

It's the Irons, It's the Hammers, They are forever blowing bubbles, and We feature the very best of them here today!

WestHamUnited_SquadPlayers-3_zpscfbd9385.png

"Jimmy set a dashing scene as he tormented his opposing full-backs, often leaving them with muddied backsides as he cut in to score yet another goal."

"Jimmy Ruffell is rated the finest winger ever to don the claret and blue. His record of appearances and goals bear no comparison... When not making goals with pinpoint crosses following mazy runs which left defenders floundering. Jimmy was filling the onion bag himself and his 166 league and cup goals remain a record that will never be beaten."

One of the league's fastest players, he scored 20 goals in the 1928-29 season. He also made plenty of goals for Vic Watson who scored 42 goals in the 1929-30 season.

Jimmy Ruffell, who worked as a brewery representative after retiring from football, died on 6th September, 1989. Jack Hellier, the West Ham historian who had watched him play during the 1920s and 1930's commented: "I had the privilege of being a personal friend of Jimmy and his family and can categorically state that Jimmy was the finest winger ever to play for West Ham United - a legend. He will be sadly missed by all his friends and acquaintances throughout football, for as well as being one of the greats he was also one of the nicest people you could wish to meet."

England International and one of the first ever West Ham Legends, he could hug the line and cross from the corner flag and place it on your head or he could cut inside and score himself as he did 166 times for West Ham from the wing, and it is an honour to welcome him back and feature him here today!

JamesRuffell_OverviewProfile_zps43a265dd.png

So here is the Celtic 25 man squad, been really interesting researching their history, but choosing the final 25 has been pretty tough. Anyway here is what I have come up with:

Celtic:

Manager: Jock Stein

Utility

Peter Dowds

Chris Sutton

Sandy McMahon

ST:

Henrik Larsson

Jimmy Mcgrory

Patsy Gallacher

Stevie Chalmers

RM

Jimmy Johnstone

Bobby Murdoch

LM

Bobby Lennox

Charlie Tully

CM

Bertie Auld

Paul Lambert

David Hay

George Connelly

CB

Billy Mcneil

Johan Mjallby

John Clark

Dan Doyle

LB

Joe Dodds

Jimmy Brogan

RB

Danny McGrain

Tommy Gemmell

GK

Packie Bonner

Ronnie Simpson

So here is the Celtic 25 man squad, been really interesting researching their history, but choosing the final 25 has been pretty tough. Anyway here is what I have come up with:

Celtic:

Manager: Jock Stein

Utility

Peter Dowds

Chris Sutton

Sandy McMahon

ST:

Henrik Larsson

Jimmy Mcgrory

Patsy Gallacher

Stevie Chalmers

RM

Jimmy Johnstone

Bobby Murdoch

LM

Bobby Lennox

Charlie Tully

CM

Bertie Auld

Paul Lambert

David Hay

George Connelly

CB

Billy Mcneil

Johan Mjallby

John Clark

Dan Doyle

LB

Joe Dodds

Jimmy Brogan

RB

Danny McGrain

Tommy Gemmell

GK

Packie Bonner

Ronnie Simpson

Great Work! Thanks a lot for this and it will certainly make bringing back Celtic a lot easier... Much Appreciated :thup:

Archived