Steaton's 'Invincible' 4-2-3-1 - Consistency - Balanced - 14.3.0 - Plug and Play

Well, this is one mighty tactic. I won League 1 with a similar one but my tactic became quite worthless up here in Championship and left us deep in the relegation zone, so I decided to mix things up and plugged Steaton's original one from the opening post. The results have been pretty impressive (the red line indicates the moment I switched it, obviously).

739f5872a1.jpg

Now I'm torn because I usually create my own tactics to keep the game interesting but now I feel there's no way I'll ever make my team play football as attractive and effective as this :D

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, this is one mighty tactic. I won League 1 with a similar one but my tactic became quite worthless up here in Championship and left us deep in the relegation zone, so I decided to mix things up and plugged Steaton's original one from the opening post. The results have been pretty impressive (the red line indicates the moment I switched it, obviously).

739f5872a1.jpg

Now I'm torn because I usually create my own tactics to keep the game interesting but now I feel there's no way I'll ever make my team play football as attractive and effective as this :D

is this with the latest patch?

Not working for me as West Ham, and I have used a sugar daddy just to pick up some great players, but nope nothing working, anyone got any ideas what the hell is going on with the West Ham team they just seem determined to lose everything

This tactic is the nuts - I'm wolves and i got back to back promotions (as winner) to the premiership AND then won the league, yep thats right -won the premiership too at the first attempt! crazy! Obviously i haven't bought superstars as im wolves but i brought the right players - mainly british at the right times (free's, when teams are relegated, or transfer listed etc). Loan system has helped me out a treat. Lindgard won Footballer of the Year on loan with me in the title winning season.

Here's my team in the second season in the premiership which i lost on goal difference to Chelsea and got to the semi finals in the champs league.

GK: Leali, Ikeme

DF: J Silva, S Golbourne, Batth (vice), Boyata, Romagnoli, British Regen, Trippier, Byram

MIDS: J Ledley (capt), D Davis, W Hughes, McManaman, Zaha (loan), Halilovic, Worldclass Swiss Regen (Worth 28m at 18 - Bought for 500K! and top scorer in AMC role)

FWS: Barbosa, Mitrović, McKay, Zivkovic (out on loan)

Hi all! I haven't been playing much FM14 lately, but seeing as there are a lot of successfull strikerless tactics out there, I thought: why not make a strikerless version of Steaton's masterpiece to see what happens? So I tweaked my version of it, keeping the 4-2-3-1 shape by pushing the Midfielders and Striker one position back, but trying to keep most of the instructions. I plugged this in some random test saves (default squads, first season) and the results were very encouraging. I don't know if I will ever start a save to properly test this, so I will just leave it here if anyone wants to test and tweak it further.

Tactic download: https://www.mediafire.com/?dxfc4cn2gwicbbt

Some results:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

free image uploading

Hi all! I haven't been playing much FM14 lately, but seeing as there are a lot of successfull strikerless tactics out there, I thought: why not make a strikerless version of Steaton's masterpiece to see what happens? So I tweaked my version of it, keeping the 4-2-3-1 shape by pushing the Midfielders and Striker one position back, but trying to keep most of the instructions. I plugged this in some random test saves (default squads, first season) and the results were very encouraging. I don't know if I will ever start a save to properly test this, so I will just leave it here if anyone wants to test and tweak it further.

First game with just 2 days training. Against a weak team in the cup but very impressive start

24_07_2014_13_33_16.jpg

image hosting 30 mb

I tried this tactic, because I really like the 4-2-3-1 and I'm too stupid to create my own. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I concede every game, even against really bad sides. My strikers won't score, away games are usually a total disaster, avg. ratings of 6 through out. 20+ shots, but only 3-4 get on target. The opposition side however needs 1 shot on target to score 2 goals.

I'm playing 14.3.1 - might this be the reason for it? It's weird that so many of you are getting fantastic results.

edit: i didn't lie when i said i was too stupid to create my own. i just found the version for 14.3.1 :D

• 3 weeks later...

first of all man i want to thank you for sharing your work with us.I'm AN old fm player,i remember months ago i downlaoded this tactic steaton V1 and it worked great for me,but i deleted fm from my computer along with the tactic,i reinstalled fm and i downloaded this tactic but iam not getting the same results,besides it is not the same that i downloaded months ago.so if it is pssible that u share with me the old one i'll be very grateful i'm still playing 14.3.0.thank you very much

• 3 weeks later...

I cant get my poacher to score in this tactic I have suarez sturridge Charlie Austin and also fischer and Mitrovic but when I play them in this position they don't seem to score as the AM seems to get most of the goals hence why I play Suarez in this position I am Liverpool second season after winning the prem last time out with this tactic .

Archived