Arsenal v Chelsea V - It's Up For Grabs Now *spoilers and CL QF 2nd Leg related drama*

wycombe

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonTheGTFCFan:

V. surprised this thread is still on page 1 tbh - biggest match of the season in England?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chelsea don't have much regular representation on the OTF.

Apart from Juni.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

3 games, only Liverpool fans count the charity shield, although with the way ManU fans have been actiing they are turning into the new Liverpool

also, premiership games were draws, which suits us fine with our massive 12 point margin, tbh I consider the Chelsea matches in the league the most important ones we've played this season.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah Wicom, the only times trophies dont count is when you dont win them. Come on you know that, like how suddenly the F.A Cup is worthless.

I think your just jealous that when the Charity Shield is included we will have ended the season with more silverware than you. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Taz & The Devil:

Yeah and Arsenal would still be unable to beat them. 4 Arsenal vs Man Utd games this season and the Mighty Arsenal have failed to win even one of them. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, without beating every team there's no way you can call the side who are top the best team in the land.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wicom:

tbh I consider the Chelsea matches in the league the most important ones we've played this season.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the context of the season though, surely the 'handbags of Old Trafford' was a key match, your unbeaten run wouldn't have happened and psychologically it might have had an effect on your season, but obviously we'll never know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonTheGTFCFan:

It's alright James - we take one look at his "from" and instantly dismiss anyhting he has to say icon14.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That hurt my feelings. Whats wrong with Yorkshire? icon_frown.gif

It's a Grimsby thing mate - in the absence of any "real" rivals with Hull and Scunny languishing in Div 3 (don't say it!) we impose ourselves on any team from Yorkshire as the "loathed" - Wednesday the particular favourites at the moment.

so, 1.. 2.. 3...

"Peter Sutcliffe is our friend, is our friend" etc..

The reason this thread doesn't have too many posts in it is because the game doesn't have anything to do with ManU seeing as they're already out of the tournament and all..

Anything to do with ManU and there'll be glory supporters galore creaming all over the thread icon_biggrin.gif

As for tonight's game I hope we pull off a marginal victory to go through..But knowing our finishing of late we might need about 50 chances..

I hope Bergkamp starts alongside Henry..we need his vision and experience against Chelsea icon_smile.gif

As for Gilberto, a slightly off form Edu is still much better than Gilberto. Edu adds much more to our team than Gilberto. He has been great until the last game or two and now we want him out? Be fair..

No-one is saying we want Edu out permanently, but some players match the circumstances better and this may be one of those occasions that's all.

Gilberto is poor going forward, but we do have Pires, Henry, Ljungberg, Vieira and Bergkamp (if they play) so we do still have attacking potency even if he plays. I just hope we don't have one chance and it falls to the feet of him or Lauren, that's all! icon_biggrin.gif

Didn't Lauren get the winner against us a short while ago. icon_frown.gif

Anyways - I'm off now. COME ONE YOU BLUES icon_mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FA Cup Qtr Final last year. One swallow and all that... icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Retro:

No-one is saying we want Edu out permanently, but some players match the circumstances better and this may be one of those occasions that's all.

Gilberto is poor going forward, but we do have Pires, Henry, Ljungberg, Vieira and Bergkamp (if they play) so we do still have attacking potency even if he plays. I just hope we don't have one chance and it falls to the feet of him or Lauren, that's all! icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe icon_biggrin.gif Same here!! icon_biggrin.gif

I still can't believe that finish he had at Stalingrad Bridge last season icon_eek.gif Still, one out of plenty isn't good enough icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juni:

fwiw, the team I'd go with

Ambrosio

Melchiot

Terry

Gallas

Bridge

Makelele

Parker

Duff

Gronkjær

Hasselbaink

Gudjohnsen

COME ON icon_mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No Lampard? :\

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juni:

icon_biggrin.gif - I always keep forgetting him icon_biggrin.gificon_frown.gificon_redface.gif

Take Jesper out<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call yourself a fan icon_rolleyes.gif

I bet you supported Liverpool when you were younger icon_biggrin.gif

so that's juni, sammyboyd80 and taz all exposed as gloryhunting scúm, excellent icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can shut right up you can, mate. I made a fecking mistake icon_mad.gif You make them all the time, in fact so did your parents icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sammyboy80:

so that's juni, sammyboyd80 and taz all exposed as gloryhunting scúm, excellent icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can shut right up you can, mate. I made a fecking mistake icon_mad.gif You make them all the time, in fact so did your parents icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wicom was bred in a test tube at Porton Down Research Facility - The same place all Gooners begin life

Teams

Arsenal

Lehmann , Lauren , Campbell , Toure , Cole , Ljungberg , Edu , Vieira , Pires , Henry , Reyes

Subs: Stack , Keown , Bergkamp , Wiltord , Silva , Clichy , Kanu

Chelsea

Ambrosio , Melchiot , Terry , Gallas , Bridge , Parker , Lampard , Makelele , Duff , Gudjohnsen , Hasselbaink

Subs: Sullivan , Mutu , Cole , Geremi , Crespo , Huth , Gronkjaer

COME ONE ARSENAL icon_mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guiness Ginger:

No OLE!ing in the tunnel icon_frown.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

not enough room, what with all the fighting going on between henry and lauren... icon_biggrin.gif

Archived