Board Block Departure

My board won't let me release any young players, no matter how poor and how close to the end of their contract. I want to clear my bloated youth squad out and before the latest patch I could ditch my rubbish youth players in February freeing up space. Now, 3 weeks until their contract is up, the board keep blocking the release of 0.5 star potential players.

Is this a bug or the board just taking control?

I had this happen with a staff member yesterday. My assistant was on $350 a week with two weeks left on his contract. We just got promoted so I was going to hire a new one. I offered him mutual termination and the board blocked it which is bonkers.

Thankfully though I was able to just sign a new assistant and my old one automatically just paid compensation once the new one signed.

Not sure, they are now blocking staff mutual terminations with 6 weeks on their contract. I'm thinking it's a bug?

It would be so you can't sign new staff while they've already paid out the previous ones. Cheaper to wait for their contracts to end in this case.

Well I had 60 million in the bank so I doubt that's the case. I can't see the issue in paying off a contract with 6 weeks to go for less than what it would cost to run it down. My board just block every contract, even with 1 week to go in the contract they block it.

I don't like to cry 'bug' but this does feel like one.

hmmm now i look silly ~~

Not necessarily, you could both be right. I've had board block them when I have no money, a month later when I have money the board are fine with me releasing them.

Crazy Paving's issue might be linked to his Chairman's philosophies (interference, likes youth etc)?

I'm only guessing mind you. Who knows.... :)

Well I had 60 million in the bank so I doubt that's the case. I can't see the issue in paying off a contract with 6 weeks to go for less than what it would cost to run it down. My board just block every contract, even with 1 week to go in the contract they block it.

I don't like to cry 'bug' but this does feel like one.

Because once you pay him out (and with six weeks to go it's not going to be much less than what you'd be paying him to see out his contract anyway), it opens up a staff slot, meaning you can hire someone else and be paying him as well as the compensation to the previous person.

I think it's working as intended. There's no point the board setting a staff limit and then paying out a previous coach and a new one at the same time. May as well just give you an extra space.

You'll also find they are more willing to allow mutual termination with longer in the contract to go, as there will actually be a difference between the payout and the coast of keeping the staff member on.

Archived