[FM14] Germany Level 4+5 + AmateurCup as DFB-Pokal Qualifikation

Here is my file for the german Regionalliga and Oberliga. There is also a AmateurCup added. The cup is organized in 16 Regions, the winner of eache region qualifies for the DFB-Pokal. The runner-up of the regions plays a play-off and the winner of this play-off are also qualified.

Youth-League with own promotion/relegation system added.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-8376801/FM14RLOLAMPOK-v1.11.dbc.html

They stop after the first year and do not play any more matches

But the cups continue into season 2 and 3

OK, I don't understand that. Do you use other files? I have tested the file two times for one season and an half and one time for 4 seasons and never had this problem. And now I play my first game (not simulating with going to holiday) and I am in the second season now.

I suspect - can't confirm it right now - that this has to do with the distribution of promoted and relegated teams into regional divisions. I'm having a similar issue with my lower leagues that don't restart where I set the "league for promoted/relegated teams" in the editor to the parent competition (e.g. Regionalliga) instead of sub-division (e.g. Regionalliga West). This would explain why the bug sometimes occurs and sometimes not because it depends on the teams that get promoted/relegated. If there are too many/few teams for a region it might cause the league not to start. As I said, only a guess right now.

Hello Koki,

no I don't believe this. Normally the problem is, that the first season (a stage in the first season) does not finish. If there are to many teams from one of the regional divisions, one or more teams are moved to another sub-division. And: If the game can not start a division, because there are missing teams, it would occur an error.

Hello Koki,

no I don't believe this. Normally the problem is, that the first season (a stage in the first season) does not finish. If there are to many teams from one of the regional divisions, one or more teams are moved to another sub-division. And: If the game can not start a division, because there are missing teams, it would occur an error.

I hope you are right! I know that it used to work the way you described it in FM13 but the FM14 editor seems to be very buggy. Does the game produce the error message only for the editor and when you set up a game or would you also receive an error message when there are too few teams e.g. at the start of the 4th season?

Hello Koki,

No, Koki is probably right! I encountered the same issue as I am building my Malian League Structure for FM14. If league sizes are dynamic and clubs are assigned to fixed regional divisions, the game stops once there would be too many or too few teams given the league rules (since the fixed assignment to a regional division prevents the game to put the team into another division). I have circumvented this by expanding the range of possible league sizes, so that the border scenarios are never happening. It's now working perfectly.

Unfortunately I deleted the test save, but it really didn't say much. The leagues just didn't restart, the final table were "set".

I opened the editor to make a test there and the test showed no faults. Altough, when I tried to save I got a warning. Took a screenshot but I can't seem to upload it here?! I'll post the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8435955/editor.png

Looking forward to your file, matheandi! What exactly will you change?

No, Koki is probably right! I encountered the same issue as I am building my Malian League Structure for FM14. If league sizes are dynamic and clubs are assigned to fixed regional divisions, the game stops once there would be too many or too few teams given the league rules (since the fixed assignment to a regional division prevents the game to put the team into another division). I have circumvented this by expanding the range of possible league sizes, so that the border scenarios are never happening. It's now working perfectly.
That's really a shame because it worked in FM13 but thanks for confirming. How big do you think the margin should be between current teams and allowed teams?

The problem is, that a B-Team, which couldn't be promoted, can play in the promotion playoff. Then the stage doesn't end and the next season never starts. There is a extra option "can non-promoted teams can play in top-playoff". Now it's seems to work.

Looking forward to your file, matheandi! What exactly will you change?

That's really a shame because it worked in FM13 but thanks for confirming. How big do you think the margin should be between current teams and allowed teams?

I'm not sure - I will have to test what happens if I assign several Regional divisions of the same tier to a club. If this club than becomes able to switch divisions depending on the need, then this is much better than the functionality in FM13, where you had no real control. So now, we can completely avoid teams in the wrong regional divisions, which is actually great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Im very much liking this edit so far, very well done on managing to create various aspects of this true to life.

There only slight concern i have is that the under 19's teams can only use players that are 16 and above. This kind of make regens of ages 14 and 15 useless for potentially 2 years before they can play. As i said just a slight thing in an otherwise fantastic update!

Archived