Players dwelling on the ball too much and then losing possession

I dont usually watch a full game so i can see whats going on, but ive been struggling alot so thought i would set a tactic and see what goes on properly.

What i have noticed is alot of my players seems to be dwelling with the ball and either falling over from a tackle or/and then losing possession.

Is there anyway i can adjust my tactic to sort this out. Dembele is one of the worst for it. Constantly giving the ball away.

Counter employs quite some time wasting tactics. This means players retain the ball when the counter is not viable. There could also be the issue of players not having any passing options, so it could be down to player roles/fluidity/... Maybe you could also drop the "higher tempo" instruction because when countering, your players will use a higher rate of exchanging passes anyway, so you could give them a break when counterattacking is not an option. They will pass more smoothly then imo.

They're holding the ball while waiting for a pass to be available, as others have said. It could be that your passing needs to be more direct because of too much space between players, that you need to play narrower, or that you don't have the right duties set to ensure movement between the lines with your chosen philosophy.

1. not enough simple passing options available........

2. player have poor agility and balance and is being closed down...so cannot find room to pass

3. tempo very low

4. have ppm dwell on ball

5. low confidence level (players nervous also when playing against very high stature team)

Archived