FM14: Subbing injured player when out of subs

Really? It could never have been possible, read the football rules :)

Care to elaborate? Not really sure what you mean.

It was definitely possible pre fm13 (maybe 12). Not sure what football rules you are referring to that would prevent a team playing a man down due to injury.

I know this was possible a couple of version ago, has it been removed?

Just had a player with a knock (orange) who i couldnt take off and play out the last few minutes with 10 men.

Yeah, it was definitely possible in previous FM/FM's

Oh and it happens all the time in real life, no idea what the other posters are on about?????

I'm pretty certain Brian Clough did it in real life at Notts Forest, played out the final minutes with 10 men on the pitch just for the hell of it.

My mistake, misread the OP. Substitute implies someone will be coming on... didn't read the continue on with 10 part.

AFAIK you can only take a player off if they are no longer able to continue (in FM, IRL you can take players off). This doesn't seem to have changed.

There isnt a "you can" , you are forced to take him out as he is unable to play further :) But sometimes i found out that after the match the player who left off injured didnt have an injury to keep himn off for some days/weeks :))

Its kind of broken in FM, I mean I was forced to sub off my star striker with 25 minutes left in a crucial CL tie. Yet when I looked at his profile after the match, no bloody injury in sight. Then a few games later, my centre back gets injured attacking a set-piece, I didn't know how injured he was, so I just let him play on as I didn't want to waste a sub and he seemed to be coping very well. Physio report comes in after match, out for 3 months with torn hamstring. What. How the hell could he even walk if he had already torn his hamstring :eek:

Its kind of broken in FM, I mean I was forced to sub off my star striker with 25 minutes left in a crucial CL tie. Yet when I looked at his profile after the match, no bloody injury in sight. Then a few games later, my centre back gets injured attacking a set-piece, I didn't know how injured he was, so I just let him play on as I didn't want to waste a sub and he seemed to be coping very well. Physio report comes in after match, out for 3 months with torn hamstring. What. How the hell could he even walk if he had already torn his hamstring :eek:

I remember that in the past you could go to a player's profile during the match and it would tell you in general terms what type of injury it was. These days I rely on my assistant though, whenever I see that someone has picked up an injury I go to the assistant feedback screen and occasionally he'll tell you that you should sub the player immediately, other times it'll tell you that the player will probably be able to shake it off

Archived