Director Of Football DOF prefered attributes

Hey. Thanks for reply.... kinda gathered similar to scout and head of youth development.

Playin a game that i can only bring youth players through and no buying players, so judging pot/abil isnt that importnt as he wont be signing any players i guess.

I'm hoping he brings in some new sponsorships etc. So ill go for determination motivation adaptability.

• 2 years later...

Hi. Looks like the DOF is like the Chief Scout, which is kind of redundant. Can I use the DOF as a Chief Scout, or can I just get by without a DOF to save some precious money?... Trying to figure out if a DOF is really necessary... Any insights are appreciated. Thanks.

DoF is optional.

JPA/JPP if you tell him to buy players for you, otherwise I don't think it's used.

Determination Makes him better at doing deals. (Do you make him buy/sell and/or negotiate contracts?)

Adaptability if he is not from your nation.

You can assign him to secondary jobs, but covering every single one when it's a general thing not related to being DoF seems a bit off topic for this thread.

DoF is mostly useful for offloading unneeded players, so you need max possible determination and motivation, JPA, you can use him just to expand scout knowledge for particular nations if you don't plan to use him at all. he can give you some transfer targets per position if you are lost under tons of scout reports.

by expand knowledge I mean, DoF nationality brings his home country at 100% and some others in region, if you don't use DoF sign some one on cheap just because you need his scout knowledge http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pH8HZDcBKyI/VKGl5rK3nfI/AAAAAAAAAgk/zNnXkwGxqjA/s1600/football%2Bmanager%2B2015%2Bscouting%2Bknowledge%2Bregions.png - sign Del Pierro just for his Italy knowledge

Archived