Newgen intakes

From what I understand, all nations have a stat called youth talent. For example Brazil have

or so while Italy have

, at the start of a save. I took a peek into FMRTE in year 2028 and I can see these stats arent changed at all, even though both the senior and u20 national teams have players of equal skill.

So what does this stat "youth talent" actually do? Nigeria and South Africa have a quite low stat, their clubs have bad facilities, but they still can produce quite a few worldclass legend players. But regions like Scandinavia never seem to get any good newgens at all.

I manage Italian side Verona with a maxed out youth facilities, recruitment range, staff, ranked 1 in worl & RC Lens, Boca Juniors, Dinamo as youth feeder clubs etc. But I still get most newgens from the northern part of Italy where Verona is located, but never from Milano (for example) which is also a northern city, and never any French, Argentinan, Croatians. Just some couple foreigner newgens based on my coaches homecountries.

Are there certain regions in the world that always will get superior newgens no matter what? My region seem to be pretty bad even with this high club reputation. I just now tried reloading the game 15 times to experiment, with different HoY´s and also different nationalities for my own manager profile, but no big change there. Same quality of newgens and all from same regions as usual.

There is also some city stat in the editor called "attraction". More attractive regions=better newgens?

I would like SIgames to actually make a guide for this mystery called Youth Intakes.

EDIT: Sorry, made it a spoiler now.

Appearently you can change this stat so its not hardcoded. But why would you want to do that? I dont want to edit or cheat the game.

League/club/ reputation seem to have ZERO effect on your region talent pool. State of the art academy = You are sure to get best intakes that are avaible from your "region talent pool".

Why dont the pools get any better or worse? Can a SIgame staff member shred some light on this topic please. Producing own talents are the only interesting thing in FM for me currently.

Another question, if my club is located in a highly populated area and I have the best youth facilities, will this greatly increase the qualities of youth intakes? Does the game take into account if there are other clubs nearby operating within same region, but have worse recruitment range? Will I steal all the best local talents?

It's not hard-coded, you can change the youth rating through the database editor easily. It's the same thing.

Yes, I just saw you can edit that, but why would one want to? It should in my opinion be a dynamic stat so you dont need to cheat the game.

Yes, I just saw you can edit that, but why would one want to? It should in my opinion be a dynamic stat so you dont need to cheat the game.

That's something that you will find me totally agreeing with, it should be dynamic in my opinion as well.

The point of editing those is if someone edits the database to introduce a new league structure. If someone creates a league structure at the Fiji islands, it wouldn't be really successful if they didn't edit the youth intake rating of 2 that they have.

It should be dynamic and change after every world cup with the host nation getting a further boost.

Good case in point being the Olympic games. The general public in England wasn't that bothered but a successful games had seen more people getting involved so our next generation should do well.

I'm not saying that if Andorra win the world cup they will become a super power but I would assume that people would want to represent their country at something they are successful at.

I agree. The countries that provides talent change during the times. In the 50s Hungary and Austria produced lot of great players. Also Romania and the scandinavian countries (Denmark in the 80s, Norway in the 90s and Sweden 1950-2000) have come up with good players and because of that a good national team. I hope the game is dynamic so during years of game play the talent pool will change.

• SI Staff

The national youth ranking is based on estimates of the population, tendency to produce footballing talent etc. and it is used together with the club facilities, coaching and recruitment to calculate what kind of newgens appear at different clubs in different nations. Club reputations also play a small part naturally, so turning a small club into a big club globally will improve the youth intake as well. However on a nation by nation basis, we don't currently model generational talent pools changing simply to keep the long term game balanced. Yes, in real life some nations used to produce better footballers compared to todau, but modelling something like this is not as simple as just setting these factors to go up/down based on every World Cup or so. Adjusting them in the database to make the starting situation as realistic as possible is currently the best way to get a balanced game world over long term games, but we will naturally keep an eye on things and if good suggestions come forward regarding this aspect, we can look into making the national youth ratings more dynamic.

Oh, and also the starting database matters in relation to the level of talent in each nation as the game will try to keep the quality and quantity of the player pool in each nation quite close to the starting situation over long term games. So if a Scandinavian nation for example has low youth rating and clubs with low youth ratings, they can still occasionally produce quality players if there were good quality players in the starting DB.

Archived