FM 13 Tottenham Hotspur- Where 4th Place Is No Longer Good Enough

Doing my gung-ho online save with my mates. Just got to January and this is now my lineup.

Had a poor first half considering, constantly changing my tactics to find something that suits such a team.

Currently 4th, 10 points behind Chelsea who are top and have a game in hand.

spursc.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I managed to get Gotze cheap once,would love him but not looking good so far,ATM it would be front 4 of Bale,him,Thiago and Aubangeyang. Looking to dropping Thiago back to B2B in Dembele's place for some competition and have Gotze and Sig battling out for AMC as Sig always does a job in that role!!! Havent got any money though,did say in previous posts I have spent alot of money in 1st 2 seasons so I need to calm it down a bit but I want one more big big signing mainly either Gotze or Neymar!!!!

I splashed out massively on Gotze. Never had him before and needed a number 10. Sig is awesome at set pieces!!

I have just released Falcao at the age of 32. Fans are not happy. I have a couple of wonderkids who i'm hoping will step up next season. My team is complete and have won everything so now gonna work on youth!

206m I have spent :o Recouped about 40m

Not my usual style but this is only a silly online one :)

Got Oscar for 10m from my mate, what a mug and he sold Mata to City. Somehow 6 points clear..

Astori, Hernandez, Pepe, Nianggolan & Lewandowski were all listed

I have noticed El Shaarawy is quite injury prone as well,thinking of getting rid of Lennon for someone who can just slot in same type of player to El Shawaary,any suggestions bar Ben Arfa and Shaquiri?!?!

I re-trained Holtby to RW and play him as an IF and he scores for fun an gets plenty of assists too.

I re-trained Holtby to RW and play him as an IF and he scores for fun an gets plenty of assists too.

I have already sold Holtby for £20m to Citeh,I couldnt get him to perform for me unfortunately,find him a bit overrated atm although he has chance to improve.

206m I have spent :o Recouped about 40m

Not my usual style but this is only a silly online one :)

Got Oscar for 10m from my mate, what a mug and he sold Mata to City. Somehow 6 points clear..

Astori, Hernandez, Pepe, Nianggolan & Lewandowski were all listed

How did you get £170m to spend still? Seems crazy,I think I got £70m throughout first season and team is struggling financially and thats with winning the league first season! And yes your mate is clearly a mug for letting both of them go!!!!!

I splashed out massively on Gotze. Never had him before and needed a number 10. Sig is awesome at set pieces!!

I have just released Falcao at the age of 32. Fans are not happy. I have a couple of wonderkids who i'm hoping will step up next season. My team is complete and have won everything so now gonna work on youth!

So you about 4/5 seasons in?!?!?!? The old patch I got to season 5 and Kovacic was just an absolute tank for me so Gotze was never bought. Yeah for some reason I lose interest when regens come through dont know why,even though I enjoy trying to find the jems out of them,I really struggle finding them and when I do they are Brazillian and I really dont want loads of Brazillians in youth team,not very realistic,want some good english talent mixed with some decent european talents.

So you about 4/5 seasons in?!?!?!? The old patch I got to season 5 and Kovacic was just an absolute tank for me so Gotze was never bought. Yeah for some reason I lose interest when regens come through dont know why,even though I enjoy trying to find the jems out of them,I really struggle finding them and when I do they are Brazillian and I really dont want loads of Brazillians in youth team,not very realistic,want some good english talent mixed with some decent european talents.

I know what you mean! I usually do the same. My team still has a number of original spurs players so carrying it on. (Loris, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Sandro, Dembele, Sig, Bale).

I have had some amazing German regens in this save will post later. My goalkeeper is better than Loris and broke into the team at 18.

How did you get £170m to spend still? Seems crazy,I think I got £70m throughout first season and team is struggling financially and thats with winning the league first season! And yes your mate is clearly a mug for letting both of them go!!!!!

I think you start with 30m right? got like 20-40m back from selling players and also asked the board for more and got it.

Nearly all of it is over 48 months. Most wanted some upfront but I negotiated each one as much as I could.

February 2013/14 Update

Had an okay season up to this point. Doubt there will be any silverware again unless I can win the Champions League. Doubt it though as I have been drawn with Barcelona. Had some inconsistent results. The injuries to both Bale and El Shaarawy at the same time hurt me, but results have picked up since they returned. Got knocked out early in both domestic cups, very frustrating.

t7db2c.png

Team have performed well again. As usual Kaboul, Sandro, Dembele and Bale the star performers.

dre8nl.png

s4cgt4.png

Unbelievably managed to get Eriksen on a pre-contract, so he will be in my squad next season. Probably means i'm going to have to let one of Holtby, Gylfi or Dembele go. Most likely Gylfi as he's made the least impact of the 3, however as well as Dembele plays he seems to pick up knocks reularly. Dont want to see any of them go, but couldny pass up to oppurunity of Eriksen on a free.

February 2013/14 Update

Had an okay season up to this point. Doubt there will be any silverware again unless I can win the Champions League. Doubt it though as I have been drawn with Barcelona. Had some inconsistent results. The injuries to both Bale and El Shaarawy at the same time hurt me, but results have picked up since they returned. Got knocked out early in both domestic cups, very frustrating.

t7db2c.png

Thats great to Eriksen on a free,I would sale Holtby though,Sig is underrated on this game,he is brilliant if you play him AMC but if dont then I understand why people get rid of him,you can make good profit on him and Holtby so either one would be good to sale.

Team have performed well again. As usual Kaboul, Sandro, Dembele and Bale the star performers.

dre8nl.png

s4cgt4.png

Unbelievably managed to get Eriksen on a pre-contract, so he will be in my squad next season. Probably means i'm going to have to let one of Holtby, Gylfi or Dembele go. Most likely Gylfi as he's made the least impact of the 3, however as well as Dembele plays he seems to pick up knocks reularly. Dont want to see any of them go, but couldny pass up to oppurunity of Eriksen on a free. I as well have El Shawaary and Bale and can confirm I am having the same issue,very rarely play together due to injuries but when they do play they are insane.

spursglenn777- The top one looks brilliant,did you have to nuture him at all,I am not finding anyone like these ATM,just signed 1x Brazillian,1x French and a Italian with 5* potential but they dont have amazing stats atm!!!!

I got him for 7.5 million when he was 18 at Bayern. Heavy training and playing mostly home games nurtured him well!

Any one else had much success with Mason Bennett?!?! Season 1 he played 20+ matches for me and I had him tutored and training hard and his progression was amazing however this season he has played roughly 15/20 games and he isnt progressing as much stats wise?!?!?!

After saying Mason Bennett probably wouldn't get a game for me 1st season, having 2 month injuries to Ade & Dempsey meant I had to draft him into the 1st team squad.

Amazing debut when he came on as a sub against Wham & scored 2 in a 6-2 win!

Hasn't done much since except give Defoe a bit of a rest but hopefully the game time will aid his development.

Despite other injuries to virtually all my key players except Lloris & Sandro I'm still unbeaten after 12 League games, although some of my victories have been a little streaky to say the least.

Sandro is MOM virtually every match, the beast indeed! Playing him in midfield as a BWM rather than the DMC position is definitely the way to go.

After saying Mason Bennett probably wouldn't get a game for me 1st season, having 2 month injuries to Ade & Dempsey meant I had to draft him into the 1st team squad.

Amazing debut when he came on as a sub against Wham & scored 2 in a 6-2 win!

Hasn't done much since except give Defoe a bit of a rest but hopefully the game time will aid his development.

Despite other injuries to virtually all my key players except Lloris & Sandro I'm still unbeaten after 12 League games, although some of my victories have been a little streaky to say the least.

Sandro is MOM virtually every match, the beast indeed! Playing him in midfield as a BWM rather than the DMC position is definitely the way to go.

Well thats how Bennett got into my team TBH,Defoe got injured and Ade buggered off to the AFCON and I didnt hesitate in playing Bennett,he scored every game he played in and I was struggling not to pick him over Ade and Defoe. Just finished 2nd season and unfortunately for him he has gone slightly backwards,only started 10 games as Pierre-Emerick Aubangmeyang is an absolute beast and Benzia is useful in europe. I do have some great news with homegrown regens. I have a ST called Michael Asamoah dubbed the new Michael Owen,he has been here 1 season with a 4* potential,good stats for poacher,16 for finishing and over 15 for physical attributes with pace. Any one had any sucess with Luongo and Milos.V from reserves?!?!?! I set their training to position and tutored them without paying much attention to them and Milos is now 4* potential and stats improving and Luongo 3* and stats look good for squad player,unfortunately for me I didnt renew his contract in time without noticing this and he is now on his way to Sampdoria for FREE!!!!!!!!!

Sorry my comment is in middle of that post!!! To early in morning!!

Haha, yeah at the moment i'm playing a 41221 so, have not got a AMC role. I am tempted to change to a 4-2-3-1 though as I think Eriksen would be better himself in that formation. Hard choice but not one i'm complaining about. Think i'll wait until the end of the season and maybe try the 4-2-3-1 in some games and see who it suits best.

Morning!!! I am gutted,first about the result last night and to top it off I got to the end of season 2 of my save 2 nights ago,I go on it last night for it to tell me my save wont load!!!!! I have backed it up but at the end of the first season!!!! Bit gutted to say the least as it took me ages to do the 2nd season but I suppose I now know which signings I made I wont be making again!!!! Think I was lucky to sale Ade last time for £15m,dont think its gonna happen again somehow

Morning!!! I am gutted,first about the result last night and to top it off I got to the end of season 2 of my save 2 nights ago,I go on it last night for it to tell me my save wont load!!!!! I have backed it up but at the end of the first season!!!! Bit gutted to say the least as it took me ages to do the 2nd season but I suppose I now know which signings I made I wont be making again!!!! Think I was lucky to sale Ade last time for £15m,dont think its gonna happen again somehow

We can all hope that IRL he gets sold to the Russian wastelands! Brads looking age too and we have the same in cup comps next season! Woo hoo!

Last night was gutting but over the 2 legs Basel deserved it if we're honest.

Ade's been good for me (when he's fit) but 15m for him is a good price I guess.

20 games gone & top by 5pts & still unbeaten (except in a nothing last game of Europa group, where I played the U18's, board seemed to exception to losing that one yet still finishing top of the group!)

Adjusted my season expectations to title challengers & the board have given me 37m to spend.

Not sure where to spend it but I'd like a couple of players who are going to come in & make a difference straight away.

My squad is basically the starting players plus Cabaye & some good youngsters.

Cover on the wings is essential especially as both bale & Lennon are out for 5 weeks again & Ade's injury still leaves me light upfront although Defoe's been doing the biz.

Still not that impressed with BAE (like AVB IRL it seems) so a LB would be good too.

More importantly I am now a season behind,I shant be signing Yarmelenko again,didnt do to well,think Ayew will be the one I sign,can play in more than 1 position and cheaper when it comes to wages and value. Wont be signing James Ward-Prowse either,didnt impress considering I bid £15m to get him!!!!! I dont think I will get £15m for Ade and £8m for Defoe again which is gutting. Not looking forward to having to start again from end of season 1!!!!! Only bonus is I can pick and choose again who I want in summer.

We would of won last night if it wasent for Brad,his positioning for 1st goal was terrible!!! I thought he would be good at pens though,he never norm. comes off of his line!!!!

I think people blaming Brad are being unfair tbh, Lloris should have started IMO but there's no guarantees he would have been better, he let in a very poor goal against Everton last Sunday.

Spurs never win penalty shoot outs & the fans were giving our players a lot of pressure. In fact I thought their support was amazing, I wish we were so passionate at the Lane, in the games I've been to this season the atmosphere has been muted & quite quiet. Our fans always waiting for the players to lift them instead of the other way around.

Ok guys, quick one do I spend 17.5m on Wellington Nem or bring him in on loan to see how he does?

I'm not a fan, seems inconsistent and struggles to settle in England.

Commoli wants to bring in Wellbeck for 18.25m? Good buy?

He scores goals and gets better and better. Improvement on Defoe for sure.

I'm not a fan, seems inconsistent and struggles to settle in England.

He scores goals and gets better and better. Improvement on Defoe for sure.

Thanks Edgar any good recommendations for a wide player? Griezmann available for 21m.

Will Wellbeck function well in the trequartista role? Defoe is doing well in the role tbf.

Thanks Edgar any good recommendations for a wide player? Griezmann available for 21m.

Will Wellbeck function well in the trequartista role? Defoe is doing well in the role tbf.

Griezmann is a good shout. Alex Lacazette is one of my fave FM players atm, needs retraining to play wide but learns either side in about two weeks. Chelsea often sell Marin, but he's fragile. The lad from Schalke who's name escapes me is quality. Lamela, Ricky Alvarez and probably about a hundred I've forgotten. Retrain Sig to AML and he's quality. Or use Clint wide?

Domestic options are: Nathan Redmond, Nathan Dyer (his attributes may not excite but he plays above them) or Adam Lallana (tbf pretty much any young English player from Southampton is worth looking at)

Welbeck is a good TQ. Or DLF. Or poacher.

paulinho- I have had Wellington Nem- very inconsistant,squad player at best,only good thing about him is he can play in several positions. Never signed Welbeck but alot of people have had alot of sucess with him,utd always seem keen on selling him and Jones!!! Never signed Griezmann but he seems to do well at the AI clubs he joins normally!! I have signed Yarmelenko,Shaquiri,Redmond and El Shawaary in previous saves and I would easily recommend El Shawaary,simply amazing!!!! Shaquiri is awesome when in form but gets injured quite a bit and fairly inconsistant,Redmond after 3 seasons is a beast,easily dispossessed Ben Arfa and Shaquiri as my starting winger either sides. Havent got best out of Yarmelenko tbh so wouldnt buy him!! Have you thought about Townsend?!?!?!

paulinho- I have had Wellington Nem- very inconsistant,squad player at best,only good thing about him is he can play in several positions. Never signed Welbeck but alot of people have had alot of sucess with him,utd always seem keen on selling him and Jones!!! Never signed Griezmann but he seems to do well at the AI clubs he joins normally!! I have signed Yarmelenko,Shaquiri,Redmond and El Shawaary in previous saves and I would easily recommend El Shawaary,simply amazing!!!! Shaquiri is awesome when in form but gets injured quite a bit and fairly inconsistant,Redmond after 3 seasons is a beast,easily dispossessed Ben Arfa and Shaquiri as my starting winger either sides. Havent got best out of Yarmelenko tbh so wouldnt buy him!! Have you thought about Townsend?!?!?!

Don't buy Shaqiri, all he wants to do is cut inside and shoot from 40 yards. Nightmare. Forgot about SES. More expensive than any of the others though.

Griezmann is a good shout. Alex Lacazette is one of my fave FM players atm, needs retraining to play wide but learns either side in about two weeks. Chelsea often sell Marin, but he's fragile. The lad from Schalke who's name escapes me is quality. Lamela, Ricky Alvarez and probably about a hundred I've forgotten. Retrain Sig to AML and he's quality. Or use Clint wide?

Domestic options are: Nathan Redmond, Nathan Dyer (his attributes may not excite but he plays above them) or Adam Lallana (tbf pretty much any young English player from Southampton is worth looking at)

Welbeck is a good TQ. Or DLF. Or poacher.

Thanks, I'm using Townsend & Dempsey wide at the mo' & their doing well tbf but I think I should bring someone else in.

Nathan Redmond would be available quite cheaply but in this Jan window if I bring someone in I want them to make an instant impact & he looks more like one for the future.

What about LB, how's Jetro?

I had El Shaarawy in FMH & he was amazing, won't come to me at the mo' though.

Commoli ffailed to get me Ben Arfa too but I must say that when I had him on FMH he was disappointing.

Townsend's been great & recalling him from his loan was the 1st thing I did, strange because if I let my assistant suggest the team he never even makes the bench but whenever he comes in he does better than expected.

Yes i havent tried Townsend yet,loaned him out both seasons so far. Ben Arfa won football of the year 2 years on the trot for me on my original save,he was awesome but once I signed Shaquiri and rotated he wasent as effective!!! I would wait for El Shawaary but its up to you and depends how much you need a winger!!!!

I am having to buy a new harddrive for the laptop now,it has officially gone so may have to start again so lets make things bit interesting. In everyone's experiance of the game,has to be with Spurs and players you have bought,who would be ur starting 11,realistically 1/2 seasons into it with the cash normally at ur disposal useing 4-2-3-1 formation......

Very good,can help not just me but other people as well judging by previous saves and this maybe bit to much but judging by players I have had mine would be-:

GK-Lloris

RB-Walker

LB-Shaw

CB-Kaboul

CB-Vertonghen

CM-Sandro

CM-Dembele/Ayew

RW-El Shawaary/Lennon

AMC-Sig/Kovacic

LW-Bale/Ayew

ST-Pierre Emerick Aubangmeyang

Thanks, I'm using Townsend & Dempsey wide at the mo' & their doing well tbf but I think I should bring someone else in.

Nathan Redmond would be available quite cheaply but in this Jan window if I bring someone in I want them to make an instant impact & he looks more like one for the future.

What about LB, how's Jetro?

LB - I like Ben Davies from Swansea. I've signed him for big clubs before and he's always excellent. Otherwise Santon - or for the pricey option Criscito.

This would be my team. Striker all depends on who comes up.

GK - Loris

RB - Walker

LB - Santon

CB - Kaboul

CB - Vertonghen

CM - Dembele

CM - Sandro

LW - Bale

RW/IF - Lamela

AP - Holtby/Sig

P - Falcao/Lewondowski/Cavani

Wow, you've got some striking options there.

And there's me playing most of my games so far with just Defoe & Bennett subbing when Jermaine gets too weary!

Griezmann is a good shout.

I managed to get Griezmann & what a debut! Hattrick from AML. 2nd game played well too providing a fine assist for my 3rd win over Citeh this season!

I was getting a bit worried that Commoli wasn't doing the biz when several of his deals failed including Wellbeck but transfer deadline day he really delivered giving me Arouca (much needed with Cabaye now out long term injury), young Argie AMC Leandro Paredes (5 star potential) & as striker completely out of left field that I hadn't even scouted Mame Diouf (he looks a bit raw & is only 3 stars & 25) but I really needed some striking cover as after his impressive debut Bennett has done nothing since & his stats haven't gone up any either!

I'm looking on course for the title 1st season though as I'm unbeaten & clear at the top by 9 pts!

LB - I like Ben Davies from Swansea. I've signed him for big clubs before and he's always excellent. Otherwise Santon - or for the pricey option Criscito.

No LB cover was forthcoming from Commoli in the end but to be fair Naughton & Smith have been doing quite well while BAE has been off on ANC, I will probably try for Santon for season 2.

First Season at Spurs

Decided to have a go at spurs as they fit the 442 i play. In my game i wanted to develop youth, so instead of buying established stars i bought in highly rated youth players.

Players in:

Tristan Berghuis- 500k

Yassine Benzia - 7m

Adam Campbell - 1.7m

Gianluca Caprari - 20m

Alex Grimald0 - 1.1m

Marco Verrati - 10.5m

Alessio Romagnoli - 10m

Sold a few players too including Dempsey, Adebayor, Bentley, Holtby and loaned Dembele out as i dont use amc. made about 25 million from sales.

Tottenham have a good enough to win the title without buying anyone. I finished 2nd in my first season 3 points behind chelsea although if i had bought established stars instead of benzia and caprari i would quite easily have won the league. The players i bought in wont be at thier best for a season or two, although benzia hit 22 goals in his first season and caprari 15. They are both my two starters as i would rather develop my players than play defoe.

Bale got injured for 10 weeks and that was a bitter pill to take, but sigurdsson is a capable left winger.

I won the Fa cup beating Newcastle in the final after a very easy route to the final.

I would say strikers are a priority for managing spurs and cover for both wings. Next season ill be buying cover for both wings and a lb.

Archived