DBurns's Journeyman Career

DBurns

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns’s Career – 2011 Season Review – Guarani

Campeonato Brasileiro Serie B – 1st, Champions

I couldn’t have dreamt of winning the league upon my arrival at the club when we were sitting sixth and the board expected a ‘respectable league position’. We were only five points off spot but the league was very congested. Our fantastic defensive record was the main reason behind our rapid rise up the table with us only conceding four goals in twenty eight games, a terrific record. Granted, we only scored twenty six goals during my reign but that was enough to win fifteen games. I thought the lack of goals would affect us as it led to thirteen draws but thankfully not, we finished three points clear of Nautico.

Copa Kia do Brasil –

Quarter Final

We were already knocked out before my arrival unfortunately. We were however only beat by a goal by Ceara, one of the teams we’ll be replacing next year as they got relegated from the first division.

Other

I decided against making any major transfers as I felt there was enough within the squad. I added three free players to add depth with Mauricio placed in the title winning U20 squad and he starred, so one for the future possibly. Leandro done well in his appearances, scoring three and assisting four goals and I’m hopeful he is good enough for the first division. Edmilson struggled for game time as I had a settled team which I was happy with and seen no reason to change, disappointed he requested a transfer but I should make a healthy profit should I sell. Neto and Danilo didn’t feature in my plans so I was delighted to get rid of their wages and receive £105k for them. I was also happy to get rid of Emilo’s wages as he was never going to get near my first team squad.

Regarding finances, in the time I’ve been here the balance has risen from just over £500k to over £3m, I have slightly reduced the wage bill and am well within my wage budget. I have also raised £105k through transfers although we are still ££28.5m in debt which is a concern.

Player of the Season

3rd – Fumagalli My best attacking player. Scored the first goal of my reign as well as other crucial goals, his link-up play was terrific. Just a shame he is 34 and I’m unsure he will cut it in the first division next year but time will tell.

2nd – Bruno Reclife Nine man of the match awards in 30 games for a left back speaks for itself. Alternated between playing as a full back and a wing back depending on the system, his only downfall is his low bravery and determination but still stood out at this level.

1st – Domingos A terrific defender, with great defensive attributes for the level as well as being a competent passer. Very rarely he was beat, but similar to Fumagalli he isn’t getting any younger so I may have to look for a replacement soon.

My Career

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season   |  Team           |  Country   | League                           | Position     |  Notes            |
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2011/12  |  Guarani        |  Brazil    | Campeonato Brasileiro Serie B    | 1st          |  6th on arrival   |

Next Season

Nothing else on my mind bar keeping Guarani in the first division, it doesn’t matter who else keeps calling. I will now get a chance to properly analyse the squad and will hopefully improve the club both on the pitch and behind the scenes.

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - 2012 Season Preview - Guarani FC

Board Expectations:

Campeonato Brasileiro: Avoid relegation

Campeonato Paulista Serie A1: Quarter Final

Personal Expectations:

Campeonato Brasileiro: I would settle for 16th place

Campeonato Paulista Serie A1: Quarter Final

Budgets:

Transfer Budget: £1.58m (£93k remaining)

Wage Budget: £73,330 (currently spending £62,891)

Balance: £3,375,401 (increase of £2,856,649 from my arrival)

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - 2012 Pre-Season - Guarani FC

Friendlies

GuaraniPreSeason2012.png

A bonus that we managed to win three of the games as my only concern was getting the squad fit. Thankfully, we avoided any injuries and are more than ready for the start of the league!

Transfers

GuaraniPreSeasonTransfers2012.png

The squad needed strengthened in the centre of midfield due to my two favoured formations requiring four central midfielders. This meant Vitor Miranda, Augusto Recife and Felipe Guedes all came in. My third formation features wingers, a rarity in Brazil. For this reason I added two quality wide men - Jonathan Blanes and Yoshimar Yotn.

Pah, you conceded a goal! ;)

Haha was a poor goal to concede as well but only the 5th goal conceded in 29 games! ;)

Excellent way to start the season :thup:.

Thanks! :thup:

Great job in Serie B! How are you finding the Brasileirao? Bit of a jump?

Only played 3 games so far, haven't had much chance to play. Will get an hour in before the match tonight then a few hours after.

----

Expect a monthly update tonight!

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - January 2012 - Guarani FC

Campeonato Paulista Serie A1

Results

GuaraniResultsJan2012.png

As previously mentioned, we started the season with a terrific victory over Corinthians. This was followed up by a very creditable draw with Palmeiras. I am very surprised by how well the squad has taken to the higher level considering it is basically the same squad that won promotion.

League Table

CampeonatoPaulistaSrieA1Overview_Stages.png

Undefeated and currently 9th but only two games gone. Not much more to say but I'm confident we can hold our own in the league.

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - February 2012 - Guarani FC

Results

GuaraniResultsFeb2012.png

A very good month with only one defeat coming at Sao Paulo. We seem to play well against the big teams which is encouraging for when we step up to play in the Brasileiro. The defence has remained pretty solid as well as the attack creating more chances which is pleasing to see. We were unlucky not to get a point from the Sao Paulo match as we dominated the game but just couldn't score.

League Table

PaulistaFeb2012.png

A good month sees us move up the table and into 6th place, if we could finish there after 19 games I'd be very happy. No reason why we shouldn't be able to hold onto 6th place or even push on.

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - March 2012 - Guarani FC

Results

GuaraniResultsMar2012-1.png

Another good month, bar the Santos game but when the two clubs are compared then its easy to see why they won 4-0. I'm glad we are starting to score a bit more often whilst still keeping things tight enough at the back. Hopefully we can keep the momentum going in order to secure a play off place.

PaulistaMarch2012-1.png

The highest we've been all year, 4th. I would be delighted if we can stay in 4th place and with only 3 games remaining, there's no reason as to why we can't maintain our position.

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - April 2012 - Guarani FC

Results

GuaraniResultsApril2012.png

A terrific end to the league campaign. 3 fantastic performances earned us 7 points from a possible 9 which secures a play off place. As well as that, we progressed to the third round of the cup but we lost our first leg match 2-0 which puts us in a bad position for the return fixture.

League Table

PaulistaApr2012-1.png

In my last update I said I'd be happy finishing 4th. Well I'm ecstatic that we managed to finish 3rd! This means the quarter final draw looks like this:

PaulistaQuarter2012-2.png

A winnable game for sure, but it will not be an easy game.

And into the semi finals we go!

GuaranivPortuguesaInformation_Overview.png

A fantastic game which I'm delighted to come out of with a victory. All six goals were well worked goals and neither team deserved to lose which is why I'm so happy its us that progress to the semi finals:

PaulistaSemi2012-1.png

Sao Paulo will be very tough opposition but we'll have a go!

Nice job against Portuguesa! Sao Paulo are difficult opposition, but you can give them a good go.
Excellent performance in the state championship so far. :thup:

Thanks lads! Yes, Sao Paulo will be tough to beat.

Sao Paulo proved to be a step too far!

SoPaulovGuaraniInformation_Overview.png

1-0 flattered us when you look at the stats and consider they also missed a penalty! Just shows we still need to improve which is not going to happen anytime soon as the board won't allow any improvements to the training or youth facilities even though I'm well within my budgets and have built up a healthy balance!

Shame about going out, but a good run.

The better team won. As I said, I can't see us improving much as the board are reluctant to invest in the club. Can't see myself staying past this season unless something changes but then again I'm not being linked to any jobs!

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - May 2012 - Guarani FC

Campeonato Brasileiro

Results

GuaraniResultsMay2012.png

So we got dumped out of the cup which means we can fully concentrate on the league. We have started well in the league winning both our home games against similar opposition and drawing both away games against bigger teams.

League Table

CampeonatoBrasileiroOverview_Stages.png

5th, can we finish the season now? I highly doubt we’ll be anywhere near 5th come the end of the season but for now I’ll enjoy being up there.

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - June 2012 - Guarani FC

Campeonato Brasileiro

Results

GuaraniResultsJun2012.png

The difference in class between us and the bigger teams in the league really showed here this month with 4 defeats from 6 games and we only scored 2 goals all month. I really wish I could say that there are funds to improve things in the transfer window but sadly there isn’t and we’ll do well to hold onto our top players.

League Table

CampeonatoBrasileiroOverview_Stages-2.png

So we slide down to 13th after this disastrous month. As a lot of the teams below us have games in hand we need to start scoring and more importantly, start winning!

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - July 2012 - Guarani FC

Campeonato Brasileiro

Results

GuaraniResultsJul2012.png

Similar to last month really as the difference showed big time, teams just seem to carve our defence open at will and we can’t create anything at the other end.

League Table

CampeonatoBrasileiroOverview_Stages-3.png

Another poor month sees us slip further down the table and into the relegation zone. The only positive is that it’s so tight down there, a couple of good results could pull us up into midtable.

guaranifc.jpg

DBurns's Career - August + September 2012 - Guarani FC

Campeonato Brasileiro

Results

GuaraniFCFixtures_Fixtures-18.png

A much improved run of results which included beating some of the bigger teams. We were considerable underdogs in every game throughout this two month period so I'm delighted we managed to gain 21 points from a possible 36. Leandro went on a bit of a scoring run at the start of September which coincides with a change in tactics to best utilise our wingers and centre midfielders. I was thrilled to finally beat Sao Paulo as they've always held the upper hand over us in previous encounters.

League Table

CampeonatoBrasileiroOverview_Stages-5-1.png

A terrific two month period drags us out of the relegation zone and pushes us up near the top half. Ten games to go and we sit 11th, I'd be more than happy with that considering our finances and squad in relation to the rest of the league.

Almost perfect run through September. :thup:

Looking good for a possible top half finish.

Nearly, would have been a terrific month considering the teams we played and defeated!

Cheers, hopefully we can break into the top half! :thup:

Gutted is an understatement mate :(

I really do not know, might start a save with a bigger team before making a new journeyman career on the new patch when it comes out.

I hate when that happens. I've started saving two different saves everytime I log off just some one is good. Happened too many times to me FM11.

I hate when that happens. I've started saving two different saves everytime I log off just some one is good. Happened too many times to me FM11.

Yes very annoying! Will know for again!

Pretty sure there's no new patch coming out. But yeah unlucky, you were doing well

Is there not a patch after the summer transfer window?

Yes. It's called Football Manager 2013 :brock:

Always thought there was a patch but nonetheless I'll download a third party update once the window closes. But for now, I'm unsure of what to do, think I'll manage a big club but unsure whether to post on here about it. How are bigger club careers perceived on here?

Any other ideas?

Always thought there was a patch but nonetheless I'll download a third party update once the window closes. But for now, I'm unsure of what to do, think I'll manage a big club but unsure whether to post on here about it. How are bigger club careers perceived on here?

Any other ideas?

Have seen people say that they aren't all that interested in reading career updates that start with the user at a big club.

Have seen people say that they aren't all that interested in reading career updates that start with the user at a big club.

Yea that's what I thought myself tbh.

Or only signing domestic players. Nothing wrong with it (and only the really big clubs have that problem, there was a good one at Stoke not long ago which isn't far off) but if you're going to win most things on a regular basis it's not that interesting for a lot of people.

Archived