danger_mouse's Journeyman Career!

danger_mouse

TomBarrettNews_Inbox-32.png

Boston offer me a new contract on the 4th of May.

TomBarrettNews_Inbox4.png

Crewe sacked Simpson on the 12th of May and i declare my interest.

TomBarrettNews_Inbox-2.png

15th of May i get the job offer, Its a tough decision because ive grown fond of Boston and ive had a very good season, but i dont think these any future for me at Boston, the set-up there isn't the best and i think there punching above there weight. Whereas Crewe have a good set-up and i feel Crewe should not be playing at BSP level.

What should i do?

If you think you can't go any further with Boston I'd go with Crewe.
I would go to Crewe personally. Good youth set-up so you should have some decent players. Need to get that wage budget down though.
I'd go to Crewe.
Crewe would be good

Crewe it is then :D Thanks guys for your advice. I'll update soon with my 1st post as Crewe's manager.

crewe_alex_logo.jpg

Crewe Alexandra 2013/2014 Pre-Season Update

Well Crewe came in for me at the very end of season 12/13 after i had won the league with Boston, it wasn't to much of a hard decision for me to leave Boston as they had poor facilities and no good youth prospects coming through. Whereas Crewe have Top training facilities and an Average youth facilities, and on top of that a hand full of exciting prospects.

The club did have a loan of £28k p/m but that has now ended. Crewe are in debt of around £1.5m and are now playing football in the Blue Square Bet Premier and finished 14th last season, this season the media have predicted us to finish 7th, and the club is worth around £1.4m.

TomBarrettNews_Inbox.png

1st Team:

CreweAlexandraSquad_Players.png

A nice big squad but were over our budget and were £1m+ in debt, alot of players wont even enter contracts talks with me, so im expecting alot to leave on frees and my using the youth of the club to help us through the tough times.

U18's:

CreweAlexandraUnder18sSquad_Players.png

As you can see i have a hand full of usful youth players i can call upon as back-up/rotation players for our ever departing 1st team.

Key Players:

GK:

Vitalijs Artjomenko

DC:

Tobias Ørtoft

MC:

Jonas Hebo Rasmussen

ST:

Jason Oswell

Youth Prospects:

Curtis Jackson 4*

Darren Webb 5*

Gregg Jeffs 4 1/2*

Halldór Þorsteinsson 4 1/2*

Lee Trenbath 5*

Reece Waters 4 1/2*

Aaron O'Hanlon 4 1/2*

Will Burt 4*

crewe_alex_logo.jpg

August 2013

CreweAlexandraFixtures_Fixtures.png

Gateshead, A good start at my new job, a good 1-0 away win.

Dover, Another game another win, and a nice attendance.

Kettering, Another away win and a quality goad from Powell.

AFC Telford, Disappointed with this draw with how the last 3 games went, but im still unbeaten and look at the attendance, awesome.

Woking, Back to winning ways, and that 4 in 5 for left winger Powell.

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages.png

So an unbeaten start to the season, but only 3rd place, i can tell this is going to be a tough season. And its always nice to see Boston doing well at this level.

CreweBoardroom_Finances-1.png

The finances, were £1.2m in debt and were at a loss for last month, if things dont start to change i can see my having to sell my key players to balance the books.

Great start to the season mate :thup:.

You must be happy with some of the youth players at your disposal.

Yeah it is nice, 3 of the list above are in the 1st team now with a 4th striker as back-up, and ive just realised ALL the links for the youth players were wrong lol so ive updated them now :)

crewe_alex_logo.jpg

September & October 2013

CreweAlexandraFixtures_Fixtures2.png

Histon, Not happy with our 1st loss, were not going to score without creating any chances.

Forest Green, A bore draw, we just couldn't find the net for a 2nd time.

Lincoln, Again bore draw, we need another forward who can score.

Newport County, Finally we scored and won the match, Oswell banging in 2.

Boston Utd, So were away to my former club, but there was not alot else to talk about, Another bore draw.

Kidderminster, Things are looking better, right winger Banton slotting 1 home.

Aldershot, Another good win here.

York, A 2-0 win thats 3 on the bounce now.

Braintree, We were unluckly with this one, a late Braintree goal denied us a 4th win in a row.

Boreham Wood, Weve seemed to fall into our old ways, not creating any chances at all.

Cambridge, Another poor draw.

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages2.png

So were 3rd after 3 months in, but we really need to be scoring more goals to convert those draws into wins and we can easily win promotion this season.

Money laundering ;).

I think he's doing what Harry Redknapp and Milan Mandaric did at Pompy ;)

Didn't realise someone was playing as Crewe, I go to all their home games in real life so love seeing people manage them. Good luck dude.

Thanks alot :) I just hope I can do well with Crewe, I'm enjoying my time with The Railwaymen so far :)

crewe_alex_logo.jpg

November-February 2013/2014

CreweAlexandraFixtures_Fixtures-3.png

Ok so I havn't had alot of time to pop on here on update my career thread lately but that doesn't mean I havn't been playing still.

As you can see we went on a nice run of wins in November, but slightly slipped but abit in December. The end of January couldn't come soon enough with us losing to Macclesfield in the FA Trophy 2nd Round, then losing to easier games in the league after that.

BlueSquareBetPremierOverview_Stages-2.png

The league as it stand now, were 2nd 5 points been Fleetwood, and I do have to play them rather soon. Though we've still got alot of work to do if we want to win automatic promotion this season..otherwise its a dreaded play-offs.

Hopefully more to follow later.

crewe_alex_logo.jpg

March & May / End of Season 2013/2014

Media Prediction - 6th

Actual Position - 1st - Graph

Finances - Overall

League:- March & May Fixtures

Well from the start i was just happy to be at a club lke Crewe, but when the end of last season came i realised the task i had taken on. With the club in a growing debt and a wage bill that needed reducing and alot of key players were not interested in signing a new contract thing quickly went from good to bad.

I had to bite the bullet and release most quality players just to reduce to wage bill and i had to rely on the clubs youth players, I played most of the season with a 16 y/o at LB, half a season with a 16 y/o at DMC, and an 18 & 19 y/o upfront. But despite their lack of 1st team experience they all stepped up to the mark and help the club through the season.

We spent most of this season in 2nd place but the last few games where 1st place Fleetwood went on an appalling run in the last month which saw us sneak in 1st place. I saw shocked because i had all but surrendered the title chase and was gearing up for a fight in the play-offs.

Fleetwood's Results

Players:

Transfer's

Next Season Aims:

• Avoid relegation.
  • Improve clubs youth intake.
  • Increase fan base.

History:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Season  | Team            | League/Competition    | Country      | Position | Notes                                                 |
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| 2012/13 | Boston Utd      | Blue Square North     | England      | 15th     |                                                       |
| 2013/14 | Boston Utd      | Blue Square North     | England      | 1st      | Blue Square North Champions                           |
| 2013/14 | Crewe           | Blue Square Premier   | England      | 1st      | Blue Square Premier Champions                         |

Archived