FM12 FC Shakhtar Donetsk Thread - "The Brazilian Colony"

lfc7

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We beat Juventus 3-0 with goals from Damiäo, Willian and a screamer from Fernandinho :D so we finish 2nd in the group and will get one of the following teams: Barca, Inter, Man City, Arsenal, Man U/Benfica, Toulouse/R.Madrid, Bayern/Lyon

Hey, two questions...what tactic are you using?, I mean lfc7 and tomtuck. Second, is it not a pain in the *** buying all those foreign players?, because I started a game with Anzhi and they have a lot of non EU players (the best of the team, of course) and sometimes is hard to pick a good starting eleven...or am I getting confused and Ukraine doesnt have a rule against non EU players?

Bielsista - In Ukraine you can have seven foreigners in the starting XI, and that means just that; foreigners - anyone who isn't Ukrainian.

With Shakhatar it's easy to pick four Ukrainians as when you start all the goalkeepers and central defenders in your squad are Ukrainian. The best way to do it is to have your goalkeepers and three of your back four to be Ukrainians, and then the rest you can pick who you want.

As for tactics I play either 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1.

Bielsista - In Ukraine you can have seven foreigners in the starting XI, and that means just that; foreigners - anyone who isn't Ukrainian.

With Shakhatar it's easy to pick four Ukrainians as when you start all the goalkeepers and central defenders in your squad are Ukrainian. The best way to do it is to have your goalkeepers and three of your back four to be Ukrainians, and then the rest you can pick who you want.

Thanks! Yeah, with non EU I meant foreigners, because as the same with Russia they dont belong to the EU. You re right, the GK and some capable D's in Shakhtar are from Ukraine...maybe I'll give it a shot and begin a game with them :)

4-2-3-1, nice...but what kind of approach?, I mean, something aggresive? possesion football?, counter?, I ask you for a little detail if you please hehe

lfc7 - I asked about Fernandinh because he has been unreal for me. In the first season he made 38 appearances, scoring 13 and assisting 11. But in the second seaon hae has been even better, and after 23 appearances he has already got 13 goals and 6 assists.

Good luck against United. Tugh draw, but certainl beatable.

Bielsista - I play control and fluid.

Thanks! Yeah, with non EU I meant foreigners, because as the same with Russia they dont belong to the EU. You re right, the GK and some capable D's in Shakhtar are from Ukraine...maybe I'll give it a shot and begin a game with them :)

lfc7 - I asked about Fernandinh because he has been unreal for me. In the first season he made 38 appearances, scoring 13 and assisting 11. But in the second seaon hae has been even better, and after 23 appearances he has already got 13 goals and 6 assists.

Good luck against United. Tugh draw, but certainl beatable.

Bielsista - I play control and fluid.

He has been good for me but hasn't scored as many goals as he has got for you.

Tomtuck has covered everything you asked so welcome to the thread :) and good luck if you decide to start a save with Shakhtar

Agreed to sign Branescu for £4.9M at the end of the season as I've been looking round for Keepers and he looks like the best available. He has done well whenever I've played him and his stats are progressing well, i got him on a backup status aswell on about 8k a wk

Can not believe what has just happened am in shock

Beat Man U 4-1 at home so going in to the away leg I was confident of at least scoring and going through but got beat 5-0 WTF. Every player got a 5.something rating and I had 15 shots at goal and not 1 on target :confused:

I have never had a match like that on any fm/cm plus absolutely gutted as I was dying to win the CL, oh well I shall have to wait till next season now :(

Forgot to mention Jadson and Fernandinho both scored in the first leg, but were missing from the 2nd leg as Jadson was suspended and Fernandinho was injured. I played Patrick and Mkhitaryan instead

I went out of the Champions League in the quarter finals in my second season. I hammered Marseille 5-2 on aggregate in the second knockout round, but then got drawn against Barcelona in the quarter finals.

We played well in the away leg, but couldn't put the ball in the net. At 1-0 it wasn't looking so bad, but Pedro scored in the 91st minute to give them a 2-0 win. In the second leg I just went for it and played the way we do in the Ukrainian league. We got a very credible 2-1 win, but it wasn't enough.

Oh well, maybe next season.

Ok, season 2. League is proving rather too easy again, lead is 10 points after 18 games, 18 wins.

CL group won.

Now , I have £51M in the bank but cant think who to spend it on that will make a difference to my chances of winning CL. No D K Ukranians will come to Shakhtar and cant see any others ? Obviously the likes of Messi wont come , so suggestions ?

team is , 4 2 2( AML and AMR) 2

Pyatov, Vrsaljko,Chygrynskyi,Kryvtsov,Rakitskyi,Jadson, Fernandinho,Willian, Douglas Costa, Dentinho and Leandro Damião

usual bench:

Carlos Fierro ,Shust, Alex Teixeira, Fleck, Srna,Seleznyov and Kovacic

**** bought Konoplyanka to offer competition on the left wing, Ukranian and solid stats ?

I signed Moura for £29M but he is well worth the price tag I also have agreed to sign Branescu from Juve as I couldn't find any decent Ukrainian keepers

Best position for Moura ?

what about Maxym Koval for GK ? He is on my radar for end of season 2.

Best position for Moura ?

what about Maxym Koval for GK ? He is on my radar for end of season 2.

I play him AML as inside forward and he is tearing teams apart. I'll have a look at Koval but we be signing any GK as I have agreed to sign Branescu

Just had a look at Koval and I already have him on my shortlist but there is no way you will get him as he is at Kiev. That's why I got Branescu

I also have Konoplyanka on my shortlist but with me signing Moura there is no way I can sign him. He is unhappy so shall keep an eye on him incase Kyiv try to sign him

Here is the league table from my second season;

finalleaguetableseconds.png

Believe it or not, the draw came in te opening game of the season!!

Leandro Damiao finished the season by bagging five in a 7-1 away win to Kryvbas, and finished the season with 32 goals from just 26 appearances. He's unreal!

Here is the league table from my second season;

finalleaguetableseconds.png

Believe it or not, the draw came in te opening game of the season!!

Leandro Damiao finished the season by bagging five in a 7-1 away win to Kryvbas, and finished the season with 32 goals from just 26 appearances. He's unreal!

Well done tomtuck, Damiäo had a great season for me aswell shall post my season 2 report up maybe tomorrow

Just signed Kovacic for £7.5M as Jadson is near 30, I wanted someone in now who will eventually replace him. Don't think Patrick is good enough to replace him although I still have him.

Good choice with kovacic, Excellent player. i had him on my liverpool save and was brilliant before city decided they wanted him.

Season 2 review

Champs League, beaten by Liverpool 5 - 4 at 1st KO stage, not happy.

However League, having gone undefeated season 1, went 1 stage better and went unbeaten season 2, pl 30 won 30 f 128 ag 15.

And won Super Cup and Ukranian Cup.

Leandro Damiao , in all 54 goals in 40 games, in the League 43 goals in 27 games, ave rating 8.26. Top man.

Chyzhov isn't happy and wants to leave, I tried to talk him out of it but he ain't budging so am looking to bring another Ukrainian DC in.

Am trying to get Platsun from Dnipro as he is the best Ukrainian I can get. Dnipro want £17M but there's no way am paying that

Great season DWCallaghan :applause: who you looking on bringing in for season 3 ?

to be honest I dont have a clue. As the League is proving too easy, I might have a break now and start another save. I already have one where I am just starting season 5 at Rangers, and have this one at season 3. might start an adventure in Mexico now and come back to Shakhtar later.

No he starts at Obolon, he went to Dnipro on my save in season 1 and that's why in season 3 I've just had to pay £13.5M for him :( if your in season 1 and he is still at Obolon you should get him for under £5M

Season 2 Report Part 1

Premier League

League was pretty easy again, my only loss came as i put all my yth and reserves out and dropped everyone who played in the loss at Man U

Final League Table

ukrainianpremierleagues.png

Ukrainian Super Cup

supercupseason2shakhtar.png

Ukrainian Cup

ukrainiancupseason2shak.png

Champions League

Got to the 1st Knockout Round and beat Man U 4-1 at home but lost 5-0 away. I have them in this years group stage so will try and get revenge

Part 2

Transfers

transfersseason2shakhta.png

transfersseason2shakhtad.png

Some transfers you couldnt see from the middle of the outgoings were: Fomin, Rat, Mykytsey and Shust all left on free transfers. Churko and Yurchenko went out on loan

Ukrainian Team of the Year

ukrainianteamoftheyears.png

Foreign Player of the Year

shakhtarforeignplayerof.png

Part 4

Leandro Damiao

damiaoseason2shakhtar.png

damiaogoldenboot.png

Had to give Damiao a mention as he had an amazing season. Overall it was business as usual in the League and cups but just couldnt do it in the Champions League again. Am going to try my best to finish 1st in the group so i get a decent team in the knockouts, although if i do finish top ill get Barca or someone.

Thanks for reading and sorry for the long posts

So far in the group stage am 2nd 2pts behind Man U, I beat them 3-1 at home but they beat me 3-0 at OT. I drew 0-0 away against PSV although I battered them and don't know how it ended 0-0. Am confident I will win my last 2 group games but am hoping Man U slip u and I can finish 1st

Just came here looking for mention of Fernandinho, as I've just bought him in my Arsenal save and he's bagged something like 5 goals in his first 8 appearances for me. 3 or 4 of those were absolute screamers too, fantastic player.

He and Willian really impressed me when I drew Shakhtar in the CL groups in my second season, so I bought Fernandinho in January and plan to get Willian to replace Arshavin when he leaves in the summer. Can't get enough of your (overrated) players! :D

Archived