FM12: Hull City AFC - We all love Cash Converters....

kccircle

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just started november and sitting 13th and 6 points of playoffs and i get this message.

"the board are pleased to announce that as a result of an improvement in the clubs finances, they are in a position to give you a transfer budget of £55m"

would upload a pic but doesn't seem to want to let me.

lol they just injected 450k into the cuffs for me like 2 months ago. There wasn't any need for it since I had 8m sitting in the bank.

I went with the 433 for the first Premier League match, at home to Blackburn who finished 17th last year and though they spent £19m in the summer I felt they were a team I could attack. Can't argue with the results :)

51blackburn.jpg

433zh.jpg

You can ignore some of the designated roles... Fleck and Amoah actually have almost identical instructions and Fryatt isn't set up as a poacher. I do things the old fashioned way and customise all the sliders/instructions for players myself rather than using the pre-set roles.

A good start to the season anyhow, though slightly annoying to lose Albelda after 55 minutes with a 2 month shoulder injury.

some advice on who to sign with my millions lol. having problems signing high end championship/ low end prem players as they arent intrested in coming to the club. i got mouche at the begining of the season, just agreed deals for jordan rhodes, gary madine and alex smithies. Really need some strengh at the back as chester is having a really poor season and havent got much cover at both full backs either.

Managed to get up into the prem in first season. I dared to think I had a chance of winning it and then went on an awful run and slumped through the playoffs.

The board has bought the stadium, putting me the club in debt but have 12M to spend. Mass rebuild in progress, whilst managing the GB team!!!

Just need a screenie to add to the thread Richie and I will add your league table to the hall of fame on post 2 - well done mate

i wish Id started my FM12 career with the tigers - I really wanted to do the Dafuge challenge but Im back in this game and in the top 10 (season 1 - Nov) after a 2-3 win vs Birmingham

Just need a screenie to add to the thread Richie and I will add your league table to the hall of fame on post 2 - well done mate

i wish Id started my FM12 career with the tigers - I really wanted to do the Dafuge challenge but Im back in this game and in the top 10 (season 1 - Nov) after a 2-3 win vs Birmingham

Player Records

Most goals in a game: Ronny Rodelin - 5

see my post above :p

Congrats to all those who made it to the Prem.. keep the updates coming.

My save was one of the strangest I've had yet with City. Won the league cup from the Championship, lost in playoffs, made it to the knockout stages of the UEFA cup the following season before being knocked out by Spartak Moscow. Performing well in Europe turned out to be a double edged sword.. I'd told the board I believed I would win the league, but with all the extra fixtures I spent most of the season hovering around 6th or 7th place with 4 or 5 games in hand on the teams above me. With about 10 or 15 league games to go in the season the players started making noises about the team under performing and I noticed my job status was insecure.This despite winning the league cup, making it to the latter rounds of the UEFA cup, and easily having enough games in hand in the league to win promotion.

A couple of bad results at home and the writing was on the wall. I went to the chairman and asked for more time and he said he would write this season off, but wanted to see improvements next season. Couple of months later I was sacked after finishing 8th.

Well, as promised here's my mid-season update for my first season in the Prem!

It's currently 1st of Febuary, and the first half of the season can only be considered a success.

Here's the league table as it stands anyway;

tbl.png

I'm nothing short of delighted of how we've took to the league,(I say we, but theres only one player out of my starting XI from last year that have remained there lol!) and we've picked up some fantastic away wins against Liverpool, Chelsea and a point at home against Arsenal.

My key players at this stage have been Leigh Griffis, who's the second top scorer in the league only behind Aguero with 14 goals.

The other was Danny Wilson, who had an average rating of 7.22 and was a rock at the heart of my defence. This was, unfortunately, before Arsenal came in and met his release clause of £13.5m. Still, not a bad return on a free signing eh?! :D

Wilson's departure forced me to dip into the transfer market, something I didn't particularly want to do because I was happy with how the squad was performing and wanted to remain as settled as possible, but the extra funds and the need to replace meant I had no option to buy.

Anyway, here are my signings:

Kyle Bartley- £6.5m from Swansea - My replacement for Wislon. Young, English, and a good set of core attributes that will only get better.

David Goodwillie £7.5m from Wigan - I wanted someone for backup to Griffiths, and offer a little bit of competition. I tried for Hooper, Niang, Fierro and Traore but they were all priced out of my range. So I settled for Goodwillie, and he's not had the best start. He got sent off on his debut, so haven't been able to use him much but I will let you all know how he's getting on.

Marco Verratti - £1.2m from Pescara - I didn't originally aim to bring in another midfielder, but at this price I simply couldn't resist. I'm sure he needs no introduction to most of you, but i'm very pleased with this coup!

So after a fairly busy January, here is my starting XI, and the other options I have in attack. I tend to swap about the players up top to give me different options, but the back 7 stay the same unless changes are forced upon me.

1stteams.png2ndattack.jpg

Anyway, i'm gunna leave it there. Probably the longest post i've ever done lol! I'll let you all know how things are at the end of the season!

UTT!

Wow, Veratti looks brilliant for that price. Great buy! Nice to see Bartley finally rated higher too... I had him in a couple of older versions and he never developed well, but here he actually looks like a good defender. A shame you lost Wilson but you have a decent replacement and money in the bank for your troubles.

A very good season you're having there Clark, well done and keep it up :)

Unlucky kc, I had the same with my first FM12 save. I took a deep breath, started again and got promoted. The promotion save was still tough, and I only just scraped through, but it's doable - and others found it easier than me.

It's all about the free signings and a couple of cheap players. Mouche at 130k or so would be an outstanding buy, and if you have the Norwegian league loaded there's a young player called Bakenga who's lightning fast and scores goals for fun for people.

Personally I found Basso very reliable for the Championship, but he probably only has the one season in him at 36. Nemeth was a very useful free signing for me, and Kallio as an experienced central defender for a bit more depth. Simpson was useful when he returned from loan.

It's definitely the toughest start to a Hull save I've had in a while, but the injuries are fairly realistic (Stewart and Olofinjana still not match fit) and the limited transfer budget reflects the fact that we can't really spend money until the remaining big earners are gone. Get through the first season and you're able to rebuild, whether it takes a couple of Championship seasons to stabilise or an early promotion.

I sold Koren at the start, unwillingly of course for £1.7m to Newcastle. Thus enableing me to edit the budget and get the wages under control. I also cancelled a couple of expensive loans we sart with. I then scoured for loans, loans and more loans that dont break the bank. Three definate recomendations I got in are Juanfran (Real Madrid),Suso (Liverpool) and Rafinha (Man Utd). Although Suso and Rafinha I only got on three month loans they came at seperate times and helped at the begining and end of the season.

The finances are wierd, but the loan is paid off after your first season. However, I requested my board buy the stadium, they did with a £13m loan. Thankfully only pay £100K per month.

Great season there Tyler, up where you want to be now... pushing for top 4 :) What was it, 3rd season promotion to the Premiership and this your 6th season breaking top 6? Not bad given the finances we start with. Now you have money in the bank and quality regens available hopefuly you can push on from 5th and be challenging for the title soon :)

Larsen looks like he could develop into a good player - and 13 goals from 19 matches his first season is an excellent start!

Just finished my second season, the first in the prem. Thankfully survived, after some big losses and big runs of games without a win I managed to stay up finishing in 15th. Hopeing my wage budget increased by a fair bit. It was the second lowest yearly wage bill in the league.

englishpremierdivisionox.png

By richieh1981 at 2011-11-06

Need to make some more major changes for next year, struggled to get decent loan signings in for this season. Rather rep not been good enough and people rejecting or couldn't afford wages of what clubs asked for.

My wage budget is still a very poor 195k a week. If i promise to win the league however they will give me 250K per week. I have just been offered the Man U job, needless to say their wage budget of 2.2M per week is appealing. Shall i give the big man an ultimatum?

For me, my Tigers save remains a Tigers save. It doesn't matter who offers me a job. If I wanted to try a bigger club or a career working my way from a smaller club to a bigger club I'd just have a separate save. That's just my preference though :)

195k a week does sound on the low side... I got 240k for my second season to avoid relegation, though that was after editing the budget to drop transfer money a bit.

Im with you, but it was nice to be head hunted and steam to give me an award. I have edited my budget to nearly double, got it to 388K. Still cannot interest the players i would like to go to the next level. Will get some freebies, cheapies and loanies in to get through the season and hopefully stay up with more games to spare this time.

Tyler: Remember teams will approach you differently from season to season. If you're predicted to finish mid-low table most teams in the league will attack you, whether home or away, and leave gaps you can exploit for easy goals. If you can ride out their attacking play you can steal quite a few unexpected points and have a good season, such as your 5th finish. After you finished 5th I'm assuming next season you're predicted to have a good year... teams will see you as more of a threat and probably play tighter, leaving less gaps for you to exploit. While your tactics might be the same, other teams act differently against you. It's something that often happens... you have a good year, leave things the same expecting to do the same or better and end up actually playing worse. You have to keep an eye on how other teams play against you, and things such as pre-match odds and media predictions, and adapt your tactics if needed.

richie: Yeah, it can be a struggle to get the players you want as a lower Premiership team. Often you can have bids accepted but players refuse to sign. Frustrating, but that's the way it is. I find you generally have to pick up bargains to get yourself a good season and into Europe, or good Cup wins, and once your team reputation jumps up half a star to the next level a whole new set of players become interested in you.

John Fleck can be a creative machine at times. Give him maximum creative freedom and roaming and he's everywhere.

villa51.jpg

3 goals and 10 assists in 14 matches so far for Fleck, my best player so far this season. Great to see him following on from the good performances he gave me in FM11.

Incidentally I've changed tactics a bit. The 433 was great for a couple of matches, then it struggled. Tried 41212 to keep things tight after a couple of losses but that didn't get results. Been trying a 4231 for several matches as it's probably my favourite shape and it's been doing very well. I don't really have a good right winger, playing Koren there, but sticking the front 4 (plus Cairney as a MC) on max creative freedom and roaming is getting results.

Tyler: Remember teams will approach you differently from season to season. If you're predicted to finish mid-low table most teams in the league will attack you, whether home or away, and leave gaps you can exploit for easy goals. If you can ride out their attacking play you can steal quite a few unexpected points and have a good season, such as your 5th finish. After you finished 5th I'm assuming next season you're predicted to have a good year... teams will see you as more of a threat and probably play tighter, leaving less gaps for you to exploit. While your tactics might be the same, other teams act differently against you. It's something that often happens... you have a good year, leave things the same expecting to do the same or better and end up actually playing worse. You have to keep an eye on how other teams play against you, and things such as pre-match odds and media predictions, and adapt your tactics if needed..

Yeah I know that but im winning 0-3 against Chelsea, then loosing 6-0 to Man City? just seems so odd. Anyway I brought two players for a high price in the January window, tell me what you think:

desailly18.jpg

nicolas18.jpg

Nicolas has already scored 2 goals in 3 league games as a AML.

Desailly looks like he'll be a very good creative central midfielder. Depending on how far from his potential he is, and his personality/professionalism, he looks to be a decent player already and have several more years to fully develop. Not the strongest defensively but with improved mental attributes to match his technical ability he looks to be able to create plenty of goals for you. Being at least reasonable with his off-foot is a plus too.

Nicolas has the makings of a top winger. He could use a bit more acceleration but he's only 18 so that should come. His work rate and teamwork are impressive; combined with pretty good decisions and creativity he should be able to see options and usually choose the right one. That teamwork should mean he doesn't try miracle solo shots/runs if a teammate is open for an easy goal. He has the technique to pull things off too, and being 18 he should have time and potential to increase his 13-14 attributes up to 15-16 for more roundedness.

All in all I'd say those are two excellent long-term buys :) Nicolas in particular looks to have a great career ahead of him.

Alright lads, just finished my 3rd season a few days ago so thought i'd let you know how I got on...

Here's the table:

table2012.png

I was sitting 7th with one game to go, so I thought my chances of playing in Europe were out the window, especially considering my last game was Chelsea at home, and I had to win to stand any chance.

Well, I thought that would be the case, but we held strong and in the 89th minute Erasmus decides to smash in a volley to snatch us a 1-0 win!

Then, I found out Liverpool, who were sitting 5th with one game to go, drew 0-0 allowing me to leap jump 2 places into 5th!

So after a brilliant season, and Europe awaiting in 2014, I needed to add a little depth and try and tighten up the defence as I felt we let a few too many goals in.

So here's the transfers I made:

transfers12.png

And I'm going to try a new formation because like Chris said, teams will sit back and expet me to attack them now after finishing 5th. I also felt like I needed to change just so I can try and fit all of my attacking players in and keep everyone happy.

So here's my planned XI:

fst1112.png

Also, the stadium is getting expanded, thank god, and were now the 37th richest club in the world!

UTT!

Really jealous of you all getting to the Premier League so quickly. Still on season one but no where near the play offs. It is my second start having been sacked the first time.

I havent really bought anyone apart from Marlon Harewood and Shane Duffy on loan. 5 games to go and update will follow in the next day or two

What an awful season! Well I made it to the EURO cup semi finals only to be kicked out by Lyon. I had signed a bunch of regens in Jan, one of them was a defender with great potential, signed for 3,5m. Apparently I had a release clause in his contract for only 10,5m and off he went to Arsenal in June! So pissed off. First game of the 18/19 went 2-1 home win against Man City. Bought 2 new defenders. I hope I can do more this season. And Cairney has requested to be transfer listed, this is also very disappointing 'cause I wanted him to be a Hull City player until he retired. I managed to change his mind 2 times before but not the 3rd time.

table18.jpg

squad18.jpg

wish me luck!

Just started a save with my home town hull, promoted a few youngsters to first team; sonny bradley (mainly because he's my cousin lol), danny east. Only sold ghilas for 350k, haven't bought anyone in yet and managed to convert my transfer budget into wages but still 4k over, in 2 minds weather to sell harper or not?!

Anyone give me any advice? I'm currently playing this formation with my starting team to look like this..

Basso (GK DEF), Rosenior (RB SUP), Chester (CB DEF), Hobbs (CB DEF), Dawson (LB SUP), ................, Evans (CM BALL WIN), Koren (CM AP), Brady (LM ATT), Fryatt (ADV), Barmby (DLF SUP).

Have a few players out injured, Cairney, Stewart, McShane, Olif.

Sent Gulasci and Waghorn packing, wages didn't match ability.

Currently have the right midfield spot with no one in it, can anyone suggest someone to play there on loan whilst Stewart is out?

My save seems to contradict everyone else's, i don't have a lot of time to play the game at the moment, (unlike tyler who can do a season in 2 days) i have just enter the January Transfer window i am currently 4 points clear at the top with a game in hand, I sold Koren for £1.7m to Newcastle and Rosenior for £3m Southampton. I used the money to bolster the squad numerically, i signed about 10 players in all, the best probably being Matthew Lowton from Sheffield United to replace Rosenior. i also signed Darren Ambrose to replace Koren, although he is on the bench now Stewart is fit.

The strength in depth certainly helped in the first few weeks of the season as every week you are playing a midweek game.

I started of playing a narrow 4-3-1-2 but this was not creative enough and became very reliant ont he strikers doing something special, i have now changed to 4-4-2 with Cairney playing left midfield.

At the start of the season i set my expectations to Promotion. The board have now come to me asking me to reassess my expectations, and have given me £1.8mTB for promotio or £2.3m TB for title winner, i have selected promotion option as West Ham in second are on a good run and if don't win the league i may welll get the sack.

Plus this additional money will help to cover the wages of the players returning on loan.

I am also planning a clear out in this window as due to the players returning i have a very large squad, Mcshane (to high wages) and Mckenna (too slow) the first to go. and Hopefully i can offload Adebola.

Just started a save with my home town hull, promoted a few youngsters to first team; sonny bradley (mainly because he's my cousin lol), danny east. Only sold ghilas for 350k, haven't bought anyone in yet and managed to convert my transfer budget into wages but still 4k over, in 2 minds weather to sell harper or not?!

Anyone give me any advice? I'm currently playing this formation with my starting team to look like this..

Basso (GK DEF), Rosenior (RB SUP), Chester (CB DEF), Hobbs (CB DEF), Dawson (LB SUP), ................, Evans (CM BALL WIN), Koren (CM AP), Brady (LM ATT), Fryatt (ADV), Barmby (DLF SUP).

Have a few players out injured, Cairney, Stewart, McShane, Olif.

Sent Gulasci and Waghorn packing, wages didn't match ability.

Currently have the right midfield spot with no one in it, can anyone suggest someone to play there on loan whilst Stewart is out?

Ravel Morrison - Man Utd on loan ?

Well I seem to bounce up and down like a yoyo, now I finished 2nd, me and Arsenal had a great race for the 2nd spot, City were always going to win the PEM, but they lost the last game and I won mine so it was all mine! My team is pretty much filled with regens, and some great ones as well.

Now I'm getting kind of bored since I have a feeling I might win next season, and after that it will be complete domination for the rest of the game. But I'll see.

table19.jpg

squad19.jpg

nicolas19.jpg

mommers19.jpg

I have reverted back to a 442 formation for season 2. Ive lost a couple at the start but just won 3 back to back so things are looking up.

My squad has changed a lot over the summer and from the initial City squad I have managed to offload the following;

Paul McShane, Seyi Olafinjana and Jay Simpson for a combined £1.2m in season 1 - this was mainly to reduce the wage budget to a manageable amount

Over the summer I have sold Jack Hobbs for £2.5m and released a lot of the old first team squad including Kevin Kilbane, Robert Koren (he wouldnt stay), Dele Adebola, Andy Dawson, James Harper, Martin Pusic, Adriano Basso, Jamie Devitt, Mark Oxley and Kamel Ghilas (although he went for £350k)

My wages were reduced by a huge amount - to replace these I have gone for youth and now have the following

TransfersSeasontwo.jpg

Still losing around £500k per month so one of these will have to be sold each window for £2m to make ends meet.

Got to Jan in my third season, second in the prem. Very pleased how im going in the league. Still got my expectations as avoid relegation, but hoping for a top 10 finish.

englishpremierdivision2.png

By richieh1981 at 2011-11-12

However, my best player Granero went on loan to Sevilla and I don't know why!!!

estebangranerooverviewp.png

By richieh1981 at 2011-11-12

I couldn't reject the offer, and it didn't ask me to accept and finalise the offer. It just went through and never asked me. Not happy at all.

Now in my 4th season in the prem for me.

1st season finished a brill 8th

2nd season won the fa cup, reached the semi league cup and finished 7th qualfying for europe due to winning fa cup - finished top in the groups but unforntunately drew Inter in the knockout first round - lost 7-5 on aggregate

3rd season finished 7th again, reached semis of both fa cup and league cup

squad is moving along nicely - got some great youngsters (mainly from the INF french club)

Good progress power. When you won the cup, did your rep go up sufficiently that you could attract much better players?

Should hopefully finish my 3rd season in the prem tonight, currently pushing for a euro spot in the league and dare I believe that I can mantain a push for the champs league spot. Doubt it like.

So I think I'm the first one the win the PRM and Champtionship cup with Hull. Correct me of I'm wrong. I did have one shocking game tho, a 7-1 loss against Arsenal with my strongest line up, it just didn't make any sense because my team had been performing so well. And in the end the games all had a 3 day rest for my squad and it's not big enough to be able to rotate between players so they were going into games with 80% cond. and not winning like they should have. But overall the team did great. But my 21m investment in the french midfielder Nicolas was a big flop stats wise! He has not improved at all and just hit 21! But his performance are usually solid and good.

The table:

table.jpg

last fix.

squad.jpg

My signing in Jan:

tiaguinho.jpg

Archived